PDA

View Full Version : Wow Poor Timmy Duncan...

Sigz
03-06-2011, 04:29 PM
This is now three STRAIGHT poor outings against the Lakers.

Any of you REALLY think he's about to do a 180 once playoffs start?

C'mon..

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
He has zero offensive game left.......RELATIVELY. Jumps an inch off the ground, fades away with zero touch and expects to actually make some of those shots....

The Spurs cannot beat Lakers in 7 game series unless the entire big 3, or at least Tony and Manu, go God-mode for the whole series.

Sigz
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
He has zero offensive game left.......RELATIVELY. Jumps an inch off the ground, fades away with zero touch and expects to actually make some of those shots....

The Spurs cannot beat Lakers in 7 game series unless the entire big 3, or at least Tony and Manu, go God-mode for the whole series.

I hate to agree, but I do.

TD has no offensive game what so ever.

itzsoweezee
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't even care about his offense. His horrible showing on defense and rebounding is inexcusable, however.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
He cannot match up with the dominant bigs of the league anymore, it's just true. He still gives us great presence on D, but his O is just nothing compared to what it was. With that said, the Spurs are magically going to have to make it rain from 3 in addition to Manu + Tony cutting up that paint in the playoffs. I have no doubts about Tony's ability to get into the paint whenever he wants, he's a fucking genius. Manu however isn't as explosive anymore, and it's much tougher for him to slash it up vs. the Lakers.

polandprzem
03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Against LA Timmy need to be post Timmy and he has not played downl;ow all season long. So what you expect against big LA team?

No hustle and no treys, no inside play and bad D. LA hitting everything. We are giving them midrangers just because they are force inside, and damn even when tehy miss thay are picking those O rebs - it's crazy. And we can't play transition for jack

Jayem
03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
duncan is the reason we are down big..hes useless out there

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't even care about his offense. His horrible showing on defense and rebounding is inexcusable, however.

He just can't jump, and cannot box out Bynum/Gasol. The Lakers are also getting so many long rebounds...so many times in this first half the spurs have had all 5 in and around the paint, yet the ball bounces out further. That's still the Spurs fault for not securing that perimeter further out and not being able to jump up and grab those balls.

I just don't see a sense of urgency on the boards...except from Blair, and unfortunately he's our smallest big man. I've said it since before the season started, the Spurs NEED another legitimate big (no 6'7" with 2 inch-shoes bullshit) if they want a chance to beat the Lakers.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM

No he's not. The majority of the Spurs didn't show up today, and they aren't hitting their shots. In contrast, the Lakers are hitting everything.

G-Dawgg
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Nope, EVERYBODY is missing shots that they normally hit... that's why we're losing big.

Sigz
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Another miss by TD.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 04:57 PM
CROFL @ that brick. Nice fucking attempt at that jump hook from the elbow over an LA big...like that had any chance of going in. Just take the ball and chuck it out of bands way into the stands if you're gonna keep taking that bullshit.

Tony Parker + Gary Neal should take every shot for the rest of this game.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
BUMP

another brick, this time wide open from the elbow....a shot he probably takes and makes 200 times per day during practice. Nice.

TDfan2007
03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
This is without a doubt the most embarrassing performance of the season from Timmy...and he's had a lot of shitty games this year. The fact is that he no longer has a post game, and his jumper has been way off this season. He rarely ever takes the jump hooks. All he does it take that right handed, abysmally slow fallaway that goes in 1 in 10 times. No left hand, no jump hooks, no spins (only awkward half spins that end in passes).

This will not change come playoff time. He can't score on guys his size anymore because he has no more athleticism. Someone said that Tony and Manu will have to be in God mode for us to beat LA, and I agree. Unless Tony and Manu both average 25+ for the series it's over. Tim will be lucky to even get 10ppg in a series with LA.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
This is without a doubt the most embarrassing performance of the season from Timmy...and he's had a lot of shitty games this year. The fact is that he no longer has a post game, and his jumper has been way off this season. He rarely ever takes the jump hooks. All he does it take that right handed, abysmally slow fallaway that goes in 1 in 10 times. No left hand, no jump hooks, no spins (only awkward half spins that end in passes).

This will not change come playoff time. He can't score on guys his size anymore because he has no more athleticism. Someone said that Tony and Manu will have to be in God mode for us to beat LA, and I agree. Unless Tony and Manu both average 25+ for the series it's over. Tim will be lucky to even get 10ppg in a series with LA.
crofl. That shot makes me want to punch him in the face every time I see it. Even when it goes in. It's just being stupid to take that retarded ass shot.

TDfan2007
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
crofl. That shot makes me want to punch him in the face every time I see it. Even when it goes in. It's just being stupid to take that retarded ass shot.

actually it's a great shot if you have the lift for it/proper footwork. I use that shot all the time in games even against guys a few inches taller than me. Problem with Tim is that he gets like an inch off the ground (if that...) when he takes that shot. So essentially he's serving it up on a platter for the defender. He also rarely has his feet underneath him (poor footwork) when he takes the shot. So what often happens is he misses AND falls down leaving us one man down on transition D.

What's worse is he can't even get the good looks to fall. His game is just out of rhythm and awful right now.

TE
03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
lol at losing complete confidence in Duncan. He'll be alright. Chill.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
actually it's a great shot if you have the lift for it/proper footwork. I use that shot all the time in games even against guys a few inches taller than me. Problem with Tim is that he gets like an inch off the ground (if that...) when he takes that shot. So essentially he's serving it up on a platter for the defender. He also rarely has his feet underneath him (poor footwork) when he takes the shot. So what often happens is he misses AND falls down leaving us one man down on transition D.

What's worse is he can't even get the good looks to fall. His game is just out of rhythm and awful right now.

Oh I agree...I love fading that way as well. I love the post game as a guard.

I'm saying....it's a retarded shot the way Duncan does it. Not only does he have no vertical, he barely has the touch and mechanics for it.

ALVAREZ6
03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
lol at losing complete confidence in Duncan. He'll be alright. Chill.

I don't see him having a consistently solid offensive series if/when they play the Lakers. Not one bit.

Spurs7794
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Tim has always said he's a rhythm player. Thats why I find games like this so frustrating...when we fell behind 20, he was still content to let George Hill and Neal play pick and roll. Even if Tim is struggling, at that point, against your biggest rival, you should DEMAND the ball and start being assertive. Even if you end up 0/15, its better than 1/7 on tentative shot after shot.

polandprzem
03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't see him having a consistently solid offensive series if/when they play the Lakers. Not one bit.

yea Timmy is not playing even a decent ball vs LA

3 games makes no mistake