PDA

View Full Version : Good game Lakers

TE
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
You guys are the champs, you proved it by showing your still the team to beat by beating the best team record wise in their own building.

Props.
:toast

Don't think it'll be this easy in the playoffs. That's all I got to say.

Venti Quattro
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
It's been hard and rocky all season, but thanks

Blouses
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Wish I could say the same for you, and your crew of flunkies.

xellos88330
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Lakers knocked down the shots the Spurs gave 'em. Spurs couldn't do the same. Starters came out (except for Parker) flat for the Spurs. No excuse for that on your home court.

I will say this though, the bench impressed me cutting into the lead while the Lakers kept their starters in the game. If the Spurs starters showed the same resolve, perhaps the outcome would have been different. The scoreboard says the Spurs lost though, so I have to take it for what it is. The path to the LOB, still runs through San Antonio.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Jt.ONE
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
tbh i logged in expecting a shit load of LOL SPURS threads like i usually do when the lakers get their ass busted.

midnightpulp
03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah, GG to the non-douchebag Lakers fans. Like Venti, JT ONE, Ashy, etc...

Brazil
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
didn't see the game but this is a serious ass kicking. weird week tbh.

congrats lakers !

cobbler
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
just one game.... going to be a great post season.

Brazil
03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
just one game.... going to be a great post season.

Lakers are the better team tonight no doubt it's going to be a hell of WCF

Kyle Orton
03-06-2011, 07:36 PM
If the Lakers look like this the rest of their road trip and their post AS break record is 11-0 at the end of it, it means that this is the 4th consecutive year when watching the Western Conference playoffs will be pointless.

8FOR!3
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Real deal, sex appeal.

silverblk mystix
03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Props to the lakers...this was a solid win.

I call em like I see em and this was no contest from the beginning.

The only time I cannot give props like this is when the lakers get a hand from the refs to beat opponents...that takes away all the drama and just makes the NBA look like the WWE...

BUT...

I can accept a loss when you know the other team was just better-like today.

My hope is that in the playoffs ---we never have to even talk about refs and just let the best team win.

Props.

Brazil
03-06-2011, 07:51 PM
If the Lakers look like this the rest of their road trip and their post AS break record is 11-0 at the end of it, it means that this is the 4th consecutive year when watching the Western Conference playoffs will be pointless.

I disagree I think they will anyway have a tougher competition than last year. Spurs and/or Dallas with HCA will be good competition for the Lakers. There will be also some pretty solid teams to deal with in the first rounds. A focus and healthy NO with CP3 at this best would be a force too.

jjktkk
03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Total domination by the Lakers. Props to all legit Laker fans on here.

easy7
03-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, good game Lakers. No excuses here. Congratulations. :toast

Dunc n Dave
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Lakers played the best half on basketball I've seen any team play this year on both ends of the floor. Total domination on the boards, defensively, and offensively with crisp, unselfish ball movement.

Defensively they ran the Spurs shooters off the line and funneled guys to Bynum. After Bynum got his 2nd block (on Parker's drive in the 1st Q) the whole team pussed out and started shooting jumpers. Parker was the only starter who still had the balls to go to the rim. Bynum was the key defensively for the Lakers.

It's a shame the Lakers didn't reward his excellent defensive play by giving him more shots on the offensive end.

The only "moral victory" the Spurs can take from this game is forcing Jackson to put his starters back in during garbage time, proving Phil still doesn't trust his bench and must ride his starters (and Odom).

baseline bum
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Hard to call it a good game, but definitely a great performance by LA and a bitter embarrassment for the Spurs.

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Props to the Lakers...you guys really brought it today.

Don't delude yourself into believing it will always be that easy, though. :D

ElNono
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Spurs got bitchslapped as bad as they bitchslapped Miami Friday.
If there's any silverlining is that they got beat this badly now and not in the playoffs.

Lakers take all the credit for coming in with the killer instinct.
Agree that this postseason should be awesome to watch.

ohmwrecker
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Props to all legit Laker fans on here.

No props to fans, but your team played good. Finally look like a champ.

Koolaid_Man
03-06-2011, 09:34 PM
You guys are the champs, you proved it by showing your still the team to beat by beating the best team record wise in their own building.

Props.

fuck you and suck my fat dick...I know it was a good game bitch...you talk all that fucking shit get your ass curb-stomped then want to hand out this fake-ass good game comment...Nigga fuck you and all you fake ass wannbe's....When we lost to you ho's I never said good game....it was fuck you...still the same win lose or draw bitch....don't want nothing from you except heartache and tears...:toast you trying to pussy foot your way through that ass kicking his hilarious..

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Go down swinging and hope the guy who beat you doesn't rape you in an alley. I like your style kool.

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Lot's of class in this thread even Mid ... (JK) props ...

Pelicans78
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I disagree I think they will anyway have a tougher competition than last year. Spurs and/or Dallas with HCA will be good competition for the Lakers. There will be also some pretty solid teams to deal with in the first rounds. A focus and healthy NO with CP3 at this best would be a force too.

:wow

Seventyniner
03-06-2011, 10:03 PM
The Lakers were really up for this game, and like 48MoH said, "out-everythinged the Spurs". Nice win, and hopefully the next meaningful matchup between these two will be Game 1 of the WCF in San Antonio. :p:

silverblk mystix
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
fuck you and suck my fat dick...I know it was a good game bitch...you talk all that fucking shit get your ass curb-stomped then want to hand out this fake-ass good game comment...Nigga fuck you and all you fake ass wannbe's....When we lost to you ho's I never said good game....it was fuck you...still the same win lose or draw bitch....don't want nothing from you except heartache and tears...:toast you trying to pussy foot your way through that ass kicking his hilarious..

This is why it will be sweet to see the lakers dethroned this season...

Spurs will still come back and kick your ass-especially after the little stunts that PJ, Kobe & Artest pulled today...

Spurs will beat you down in the end....THEN ...will STILL show class...and this will sting even more...that a bunch of gentlemen class guys and class fans --will still kick your wanna-be thug asses..

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Go swallow ya boyz whitewater.

That is all.

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Friday: Game over ...game over ...game over ...

Saturday: backpedal, back pedal, back pedal ...class personified ...

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Sunday: a reckoning of biblical porportions ...

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Friday: Game over ...game over ...game over ...

Saturday: backpedal, back pedal, back pedal ...class personified ...

Hadn't seen that mentioned but y'all hear what Van Gundy said?

That Game Over shit was in reference to a competition going on between Bonner and Neal. Duncan said Matt was the better shooter, RJ said Neal, and Tim was telling them basically "I'm right, you're wrong." after Bonner went off.

I was pretty fuckin disappointed. Much preferred to think he was talking shit - but this obviously makes much more sense.

Really wish I didn't hear JVG say that shit...

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Hadn't seen that mentioned but y'all hear what Van Gundy said?

That Game Over shit was in reference to a competition going on between Bonner and Neal. Duncan said Matt was the better shooter, RJ said Neal, and Tim was telling them basically "I'm right, you're wrong." after Bonner went off.

I was pretty fuckin disappointed. Much preferred to think he was talking shit - but this obviously makes much more sense.

Really wish I didn't hear JVG say that shit...

that is what I was referring to ... I'll say this I agree would be better if true. And I dont buy the explanation either much to convinient ...

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
And I dont buy the explanation

GD rights.

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
that is what I was referring to ... I'll say this I agree would be better if true. And I dont buy the explanation either much to convinient ...

You find it more likely that Tim fucking Duncan would call a game over in the first period than him making a statement about an argument they were having on the team?

Not a fucking chance. The Spurs used to blow leads like a motherfucker. The last thing Tim would do was start saying all that shit to his teammates.

I always remember what he said in an interview about him not getting too high or low or celebrating prematurely. He said it always winds up biting him in the ass - actually pointed to 0.4 being the last time he got too high and how you saw the result.

No fucking way he did what everyone was claiming. I fucking wish he did, I'd prefer to have hime and the team play with a little fuckin swagger. Shit...

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
You find it more likely that Tim fucking Duncan would call a game over in the first period than him making a statement about an argument they were having on the team?

Not a fucking chance. The Spurs used to blow leads like a motherfucker. The last thing Tim would do was start saying all that shit to his teammates.

I always remember what he said in an interview about him not getting too high or low or celebrating prematurely. He said it always winds up biting him in the ass - actually pointed to 0.4 being the last time he got too high and how you saw the result.

No fucking way he did what everyone was claiming. I fucking wish he did, I'd prefer to have hime and the team play with a little fuckin swagger. Shit...

Beau not saying ... Im 100% sold that he DID say it but the explanation is too easy ...if you ask me maybe Im too jaded. But to me, it's not a big deal either way ...

Giuseppe
03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Duncan's shit stinks just like everybody else's.

Pelicans78
03-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I'll be honest. Duncan is not very good anymore. He's solid at best. His agility is gone. Up to Manu and Parker to carry him.

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Beau not saying ... Im 100% sold that he DID say it but the explanation is too easy ...if you ask me maybe Im too jaded. But to me, it's not a big deal either way ...

Nah, it's not a big deal. The only reason I brought it up is because it disappointed me.

I know the team and Tim well enough to weigh both of the possibilities and be right much more than I'm wrong - just as most knowledgeable fans can about their team and its players. There isn't a doubt in my mind it's closer to what JVG said than what was read into from the camera. Not a doubt - and if there was I'd hold to that fucker for life.

Such a better story if he had been fuckin stylin and profilin...

duncan228
03-06-2011, 10:47 PM
...I always remember what he said in an interview about him not getting too high or low or celebrating prematurely. He said it always winds up biting him in the ass - actually pointed to 0.4 being the last time he got too high and how you saw the result.

A couple of Duncan's quotes on showing emotion.

"Emotion doesn't work for me," he says. "If I get too high or low, something always happens. If there's 10 seconds left and I hit a shot and I'm jumping up and down and high-fiving everybody on the side? It's a guaran-damn-tee that they're going to hit a shot and the game's going to be over. And I'm going to look like an ass."

"I try to take this mentally probing attitude on the court with me at all times. People in college thought I was lackadaisical because I didn’t show emotion. They thought I was soft because I didn't yell with every rebound. Emotions must not always be shown, if you show excitement, then you may also show disappointment or frustration. If your opponent picks up on this frustration, you are at a disadvantage. I made sure my opponents didn't know what was going on in my head, I guess that’s why the fans never knew either. Basketball is like a chess game, you cannot reveal all that you are thinking or you will be at a sizeable disadvantage to your opponent."

Beau
03-06-2011, 10:52 PM
228 with da goods.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2011, 01:37 AM
A couple of Duncan's quotes on showing emotion.

LOL yeah man I see those there, but he got pretty excited after Horry's three in game 5 against Detroit there! I know he had to feel a outburst and I would too, but damn I remember them after that three and me saying it's not over yet and I could not go celebrating a thing after I saw that until it was over. Maybe Tim did it after the BUZZER? I remember him saying though thank you you saved me and us after that three.

TE
03-07-2011, 03:28 AM

This reply reminds me of both the stunt Artest pulled off in yesterday's game and Bynum's post game comments on how the Spurs starters "quit".

Completely classless. :bang

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 07:55 AM
This reply reminds me of both the stunt Artest pulled off in yesterday's game and Bynum's post game comments on how the Spurs starters "quit".

Completely classless. :bang

now all of sudden you claiming classless... when you've been engaging in male prostitution all year by serving your fellow Spur posters a steady diet of Laker hate....:(

TE
03-07-2011, 08:24 AM
now all of sudden you claiming classless... when you've been engaging in male prostitution all year by serving your fellow Spur posters a steady diet of Laker hate....:(

I'm giving them props, how is that showing hate?

Laker fans can't reason what class is. :bang

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Sick em, boy. :lmao

Yo Luva...it's about gotdam time you gave me my 5 -Stars....I'm ready to go nuclear on they ass come play-off time...:lmao

21_Blessings
03-07-2011, 10:23 AM

It was pretty easy in 2008 and the Lakers have a much better team than that right now while the Spurs are worse.

The Gemini Method
03-07-2011, 11:36 AM
It's going to be a war as it always is with the Spurs. Didn't think it would've gone the way it did given the recent history, but it was nice to see the Lakers finally man up against an elite team. Your team is deep and there are some nice pieces on there that will be pretty solid for you guys in the future. Kinda laughed at that odd diatribe between Jackson and Van Gundy about Steve Novak being the best shooter in the history of the NBA...

NRHector
03-07-2011, 11:48 AM
It was pretty easy in 2008 and the Lakers have a much better team than that right now while the Spurs are worse.if the Spurs are worse why did Jackson bring back Kobe and Gasol in the 4th qtr? scared maybe? bringing the starters back against the Spurs scrubs that was funny :lol

Sportcamper
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Got to say the Spurs to Lakers fans ratio has certainly changed….What’s up with all those Lakers fans at Spurs home court…Every time the Lakers made a great play the place erupted with cheers…The only person going crazy for the Spurs was the Spurs announcer…What’s happened in San Antonio?

Chillen
03-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Lakers starting to get focused on another title run, yes it won't be easy to unseat this team but alot can happen till the playoffs begin, both Spurs and Lakers have to have a healthy roster when they start.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Got to say the Spurs to Lakers fans ratio has certainly changed….What’s up with all those Lakers fans at Spurs home court…Every time the Lakers made a great play the place erupted with cheers…The only person going crazy for the Spurs was the Spurs announcer…What’s happened in San Antonio?

It's everywhere. It's nauseating. I actually have to mute Spurs home games against the Lakers.

Buncha' front-running faggots that all have the same story: "My dad was a big Lakers fan, so it just kinda runs in the family." Either that, or "Si, si! Los Lakers estan mis favoritos! Por que? Por que no?!"

NRHector
03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Got to say the Spurs to Lakers fans ratio has certainly changed….What’s up with all those Lakers fans at Spurs home court…Every time the Lakers made a great play the place erupted with cheers…The only person going crazy for the Spurs was the Spurs announcer…What’s happened in San Antonio?Besides the bandwagoners in every city, Californians are leaving California and coming to Texas because is very expensive to live there.

clambake
03-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Besides the bandwagoners in every city, Californians are leaving California and coming to Texas because is very expensive to live there.

this is true. they couldn't cut it here. you're getting california's failures.

is that something to rejoice?

The Gemini Method
03-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Success breeds expansion...

It's in all the sports whether its the Lakers or Manchester United. You're just going to get supporters or whatever they are appearing on the road. If you think the Laker contingent was noticeable, just watch a random Barca match when they play Warsaw or something. Spur fans who bitch about this should only relish in the fact that there team is still a relevant and worthy opponent that attracts fans from the other team to be a part of the atmosphere of a big game. I think it also adds to the excitement of the game.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 12:28 PM

is that something to rejoice?

I don't think he's rejoicing. Just...saying.

It's still obnoxious either way.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Spur fans who bitch about this should only relish in the fact that there team is still a relevant and worthy opponent that attracts fans from the other team to be a part of the atmosphere of a big game. I think it also adds to the excitement of the game.

This argument falls flat when a mighty contingent of Laker "fans" shows up to a TOR or WAS game, too.

clambake
03-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't think he's rejoicing. Just...saying.

It's still obnoxious either way.

spurs fans should concentrate on buying up next years laker games.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
spurs fans should concentrate on buying up next years laker games.

I agree. I'm not completely removing blame from the SA fans that either sell their tickets or simply don't fill up the nose-bleeds.

But it happens in every arena. It was at least this raucous the last time LA played at the AAC.

NRHector
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM

is that something to rejoice?I'm not!!! they are so annoying and obnoxious, well most of them

SourCandy
03-07-2011, 12:50 PM
if the Spurs are worse why did Jackson bring back Kobe and Gasol in the 4th qtr? scared maybe? bringing the starters back against the Spurs scrubs that was funny :lol

:ihit

besides I seen spurs do that too :wakeup

Sportcamper
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM
It's everywhere. It's nauseating. I actually have to mute Spurs home games against the Lakers."

There are Kobe fans in every arena in the NBA…I just remember Spurs fans being rabid Lakers haters…I was really surprised by Sunday’s game…The cheers were louder for Lakers than the Spurs…Heck they even cheered crazy Ron…:lol

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
There are Kobe fans in every arena in the NBA…I just remember Spurs fans being rabid Lakers haters…I was really surprised by Sunday’s game…The cheers were louder for Lakers than the Spurs…Heck they even cheered crazy Ron…:lol

Well, tbh, what exactly did the Spurs fans have to cheer about after a few mins in? Of COURSE LA fans were more boisterous.

21_Blessings
03-09-2011, 03:46 AM
scared maybe? bringing the starters back against the Spurs scrubs that was funny :lol

Nah. Watching the Spurs Quit was funny.

And yes the Spurs are nowhere near as good as they were in 2008. Mainly because Timmy is nowhere near the man he used to be. I'm sorry he went full gay on ya.