PDA

View Full Version : Splitter Thread

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Can we start pushing the guy out of the door already? I am sick of watching this statue stand around after the pick and get out rebounded every single time he is around the rim. What can we do after we win the Finals to get this guys contract moved. He is seriously worthless, can't even deliver a decent commercial. :bang

Spurs da champs
03-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Tbh he has had his best limited minutes against the lakers. He bodied up Gasoft and Bynum.
Bonner shouldn't get many minutes against the lakers at all tho.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Tbh he has had his best limited minutes against the lakers. He bodied up Gasoft and Bynum.
Bonner shouldn't get many minutes against the lakers at all tho.

No.

itzsoweezee
03-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Have you fuckers got it through your heads yet that Bonner is worthless in big games.

Bench that fucker permanently.

thOOdee
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
dude....hes our best hope at beating this length....not a dream center but provided gaps in lakers scoring w defense..

thOOdee
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Have you fuckers got it through your heads yet that Bonner is worthless in big games.

Bench that fucker permanently.

yes.....for bonner 1 great game out weighs 6 crappy games....so i see the spurs riding or dying w this fool...too bad i read this story already.

dbestpro
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
So Splitter who clogged the middle and was very serviceable against Bynum and Gasol is the fall guy for the Spurs losing to the Lakers. Right.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 05:57 PM
dude....hes our best hope at beating this length....not a dream center but provided gaps in lakers scoring w defense..

Except he didn't today. I swear the dude has only had 1 good game all season against Big Cousins and the lowly Kings. Its kinda embarrassing we waited so long for the guy just for him to just lay an egg the way he does every time he sets foot on the floor. His shit is weak as hell!

Spurs da champs
03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
The only problem I have with Splitter is his weak ass hook shot.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
So Splitter who clogged the middle and was very serviceable against Bynum and Gasol is the fall guy for the Spurs losing to the Lakers. Right.

Sorry man, the guy is not serviceable for shit.

weebo
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Splitter played better than TD

Holden_Caulfield
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
he was open a few times... but we didnt have a pg on the floor.

cherylsteele
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Sorry man, the guy is not serviceable for shit.
Do you actually watch the games?

Spurs Brazil
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Good thread. Splitter played really bad in that 1st quarter when the Lakers killed us

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Do you actually watch the games?

Every game.

cherylsteele
03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
For some people, they want to make him a scapegoat for the lack of effort from the rest of the team.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Good thread. Splitter played really bad in that 1st quarter when the Lakers killed us
???

Spurs Brazil
03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
???

:lol

Mr Fundamental
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Splitter is a good player. No question about it. I know him from Europe. His problem is not attending the training camp in summer and injuries.

He can fight with Gasol and Bynum in the playoffs. He has the potential but he needs time. New league, new players, new system. Just be patient, he is going to be a great addition to our team. Trust him.

jeebus
03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
you confused him! :lol

slayermin
03-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Splitter doesn't look over matched out there. But his low post moves are so unorthodox.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
For some people, they want to make him a scapegoat for the lack of effort from the rest of the team.

Or for the fact he has not, and it doesn't seem like he will transition well in to the NBA. No doubt he would be a great PF in Europe, but this is the NBA. It's about out muscling opponents and playing around the rim here in the NBA. He can't even rebound half the time because he is getting beat to the ball continually. It is no wonder Pop hates his play.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
you confused him! :lol

i c wut u did tharr :toast

cherylsteele
Every game.
And you came to the conclusion Splitter sucks, he actually played well in his brief time today, and it was against Lakers' starters.

I don't think you watch the whole game if you watch any of it.

ChuckD
The problem I have with Splitter is that he watches the action too often, instead of being a part of it. In a recent game, he contested a shot, but continued to take a non-momentum step or two towards the FT line, and causally turned around to see who would get the rebound. Hey asshole, it could be you if you got back into the play.

LOL @ Splitter matching on Gasol and Bynum...when they're up 30 and don't give a shit as they coast.

cherylsteele
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Or for the fact he has not, and it doesn't seem like he will transition well in to the NBA. No doubt he would be a great PF in Europe, but this is the NBA. It's about out muscling opponents and playing around the rim here in the NBA. He can't even rebound half the time because he is getting beat to the ball continually. It is no wonder Pop hates his play.
If that was the case Manu would never had made anything of himself in the NBA, he is not the strongest player by far, he just knows how to play, and I get a similar feeling about Splitter.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
And you came to the conclusion Splitter sucks, he actually played well in his brief time today, and it was against Lakers' starters.

I don't think you watch the whole game if you watch any of it.

Laker starters played 20minutes before he was on the floor and he sill was out rebounded. Are you kidding?

venitian navigator
03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Splitter, as our roster stands, looks like the only option to counter the Lakers front line...simply otherwise Duncan is the only one with the chance to take a rebound against them.
We can have a wonderful transition defense, but this defense has no point if the offense of the team you play against can easily shoot at least four times before you take the defensive rebound...this way ther's no way you gonna win the game.
We have to consider that not only any one of our starting five is ourebounded by their lakers opposite except, maybe, Parker, but also that, except Parker, they all have an advantage in scoring in the paint.
Splitter, as of now, maybe is not the best rebounder in the world but is certaily the best inside presence we can pair with Duncan to face the two headed monster of Bynum and Gasol.
Before this game, the only player I thought we had no real defensive answer to was Odom...today they took their advantage without him on the court.

senorglory
03-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I've watched almost every Spurs game this season, and I still have no idea who this "Splitter" is to which you keep referring. Are you sure he's with the Spurs? He could be one of the Mavs recent signings, they've been grabbing players left and right.

Beanzamillion21
03-06-2011, 06:27 PM
OP is pissed at Splitter apologist.

Spurs da champs
03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Laker starters played 20minutes before he was on the floor and he sill was out rebounded. Are you kidding?

Splitter never plays wtf do you expect? 20 rebounds?:rolleyes

007nites
03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Splitter plays like he's 6'9" when he should be playing like 7'0".

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM

Splitter never plays because he's passive.

007nites
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM

I expect a consistent 10.0ppg, 8.5rpg, and 2 bpg from splitter. He's capable of it.

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Splitter is our Bosh. He plays with zero passion. It's like he's outside of the game, instead of in the action.

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I expect a consistent 10.0ppg, 8.5rpg, and 2 bpg from splitter. He's capable of it.

Shit, Splitter never even got CLOSE to that many rebounds in Europe, and that was playing big minutes. Small wonder. Rebounding is about desire.

20beastie45
03-06-2011, 07:48 PM
The only problem I have with Splitter is his weak ass hook shot.

+1

He's tough and smart...but that F*#king hook shot pisses me off....he needs to use his body to protect his shot if he afraid of getting it blocked.

20beastie45
03-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Splitter is our Bosh. He plays with zero passion. It's like he's outside of the game, instead of in the action.

I disagree.....Bosh is a star w/ no passion.....Splitter is a role player at best that gets no minutes because of Bonner....

Srupsog
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Sad thing about Pop with Splitter, is that Splitter isn't playing because he's shitty or doesn't know what he's doing. When Splitter plays he knows what he is doing, he makes the defensive rotations and plays defense with his feet not his hands. Splitter is a quality player that would be in any other team's rotation in the league, and as a good coach pop needs to find a way to utilize him and Im sure on the bench and in garbage minutes in blowouts is not the best way.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
This thread fails. Splitter played well out there today. He's gonna have to play a role in the playoffs against the Fakers.

Looking at the longer term, it's his first season in the system and the NBA so ditching him at this point would be utterly premature.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Best Spurs big in the Laker game, and he gets blamed for the loss when he was the last one in.

jjktkk
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
We Spurs fans won't get to see what Splitter can actually do until next year. The best we can hope for this year, is that Splitter can, somehow, get some playing time in the playoffs, albeit it will only be a few minutes here and there.

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I disagree.....Bosh is a star w/ no passion.....Splitter is a role player at best that gets no minutes because of Bonner....

Bonner has a motor that won't quit. He competes on every play, even when he's physically overmatched. Splitter drifts. He's the Tin Man, needing a heart.

Em-City
03-06-2011, 08:38 PM
the game was lost long before splitter stepped onto the court.

ChuckD
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Best Spurs big in the Laker game, and he gets blamed for the loss when he was the last one in.

I'm not blaming him for the loss. That would be as ridiculous as saying he would have helped if he played when the game was young.

BRs.Ganso
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Sad thing about Pop with Splitter, is that Splitter isn't playing because he's shitty or doesn't know what he's doing. When Splitter plays he knows what he is doing, he makes the defensive rotations and plays defense with his feet not his hands. Splitter is a quality player that would be in any other team's rotation in the league, and as a good coach pop needs to find a way to utilize him and Im sure on the bench and in garbage minutes in blowouts is not the best way.

Budkin
03-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Splitter Haters are going to be eating their words at some point in the Playoffs. Book it.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm not blaming him for the loss. That would be as ridiculous as saying he would have helped if he played when the game was young.

And would be almost as ridiculous as the other things you've said in this thread.

Spurs da champs
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM

Wow nuff said you really have no idea what your talking about.

moisaenz
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Splitter looked decent... He has some talent he is just not developing well.
Many reasons for it, his early injury in preseason, his injury during the season, Bonner and Blair playing a lot of minutes. What I do not get is why doesn't Splitter and Duncan ever play together?? I think Splitter would develop a lot especially defensively if he was together with Tim. He always ends up playing with Bonner and Blair.

ChuckD
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Wow nuff said you really have no idea what your talking about.

Wow, you don't watch the games.

Spurs da champs
03-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow, you don't watch the games.

Actually I do, and I see Splitter hustling when he is out their. To simply say he plays with no passion is dumb as hell.

TE
03-07-2011, 03:45 AM
wow OP obviously didn't watch the game. I don't know how people are still replying to this peace of shit thread.

wildbill2u
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Splitter looked decent... He has some talent he is just not developing well.
Many reasons for it, his early injury in preseason, his injury during the season, Bonner and Blair playing a lot of minutes. What I do not get is why doesn't Splitter and Duncan ever play together?? I think Splitter would develop a lot especially defensively if he was together with Tim. He always ends up playing with Bonner and Blair.

I agree. Splitter and Duncan playing together have at least a chance against the Laker front line. I saw one play last night where Bynum was boxed out by Blair and simply reached over Blair's reach for a rebound.

Neither Duncan or Splitter are athletic leapers
but at least they are tall and can get their hands up.

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM
It's too late baby ohhh it's too late, though you really did try to make it

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Splitter was regularly out muscled by opponents in the Euroleague. It is unreal that so many Spurs fans STILL believe that he was some great out of this world player in Europe.

The Spurs fan base has turned into the biggest homers of all time.

Still waiting on that list.

temujin
03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Splitter was regularly out muscled by opponents in the Euroleague. It is unreal that so many Spurs fans STILL believe that he was some great out of this world player in Europe.

The Spurs fan base has turned into the biggest homers of all time.

Splitter is playing so poorly that one is left to think that he has become a frigging greek.

Greece must have handed him one of their fake passports.

temujin
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Tiagon

Splittarakis.

UnWantedTheory
03-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Manu_Forever bringing the Splitter hate right on time as usual.
293 Splitter posts & counting.

Bartleby
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I told you. Unless you show that you have a shred of basketball knowledge I will NOT waste my time trying to explain it to you. So far you have proven that you have no basketball knowledge.

Why the hell would I write it out and explain it to you so you can come back with, "lies" and all the other crap that people like you come up with here.

You have never in your whole life seen ANY of these players play, and that included Splitter before he came to the Spurs and YET you have the audacity and the arrogance to proclaim that you actually personally know how good these players are.

That is clinical insanity. Unless you can ever, just once show that you are not totally delusional then I am not wasting any time explaining it to you. This whole forum is full of people that actually believe that the only good players in the world are all in the NBA.

You can't reason with such psychopathic rednecks like that, and your comments are all typical of that particular mindset.

is lies!

ChuckD
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually I do, and I see Splitter hustling when he is out their. To simply say he plays with no passion is dumb as hell.

People defended Beno for a couple of years, too. Then, they realized they were wearing something more dangerous than beer goggles :
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xE581t29CVY/S60-2OuY3ZI/AAAAAAAADDI/7M2sDRGlTbw/s1600/PINK%2BRose%2BColored%2BGlasses.jpg

EricB
03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
People defended Beno on the case that he was very talented.

That point has never been disputed.

Beno's problem has NEVER been talent.

Splitter's isn't either.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I told you. Unless you show that you have a shred of basketball knowledge I will NOT waste my time trying to explain it to you. So far you have proven that you have no basketball knowledge.

Why the hell would I write it out and explain it to you so you can come back with, "lies" and all the other crap that people like you come up with here.

You have never in your whole life seen ANY of these players play, and that included Splitter before he came to the Spurs and YET you have the audacity and the arrogance to proclaim that you actually personally know how good these players are.

That is clinical insanity. Unless you can ever, just once show that you are not totally delusional then I am not wasting any time explaining it to you. This whole forum is full of people that actually believe that the only good players in the world are all in the NBA.

You can't reason with such psychopathic rednecks like that, and your comments are all typical of that particular mindset.

Yeah, I knew you couldn't think of any.

Jeff Foster is, at absolute best, the 30th best center in the NBA, meaning that you think there were 29 better centers than Splitter in Europe last year. Nobody needs to have seen a minute of European basketball to know how stupid that statement is. I didn't ask for 29, I simply asked for a list, which could be one or two names. The fact that, when pressed, you refuse to name ANYONE that was better than Splitter just makes you all the more pathetic. That you attempt to attack someone else's basketball knowledge is almost as idiotic as you accusing other people of being homers. What's next? Racism? :lol

Bill_Brasky
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM

How many euroleague games would you say you actually watch throughout the course of a week? I would like to know how you supposedly know so much about what goes on over there, because those games aren't available to watch in the states.

Beanzamillion21
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
How many euroleague games would you say you actually watch throughout the course of a week? I would like to know how you supposedly know so much about what goes on over there, because those games aren't available to watch in the states.

E-RockWill
03-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Every single Euroleague game is broadcast live, for free, over the internet, worldwide.

EVERY SINGLE GAME

About half of them are broadcast in English. Even ESPN broadcasts 2-3 Euroleague games a week, live, in English, in the US and Canada.

EVERY SINGLE SPANISH ACB LEAGUE GAME IS BROADCAST FOR FREE LIVE ON THE INTERNET WORLDWIDE

Fuck off, KBP...

Bill_Brasky
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Every single Euroleague game is broadcast live, for free, over the internet, worldwide.

EVERY SINGLE GAME

About half of them are broadcast in English. Even ESPN broadcasts 2-3 Euroleague games a week, live, in English, in the US and Canada.

EVERY SINGLE SPANISH ACB LEAGUE GAME IS BROADCAST FOR FREE LIVE ON THE INTERNET WORLDWIDE

Yeah but at odd hours and at times where most everyone would rather be doing anything than watching a euro game...

Bill_Brasky
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
They are not at odd hours. NBA games are broadcast at odd hours. You have it backwards.

At least I'm not working during nba games.

BOHOLANO#21
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Fuck the thread starter... don't know shit!!!

BOHOLANO#21
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Fuck KBP = manuforever...why don't u die already!!!

BOHOLANO#21
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Manu_Forever bringing the Splitter hate right on time as usual.
293 Splitter posts & counting.KBP has been wanting those fuckin greeks to play for the Spurs like forever...

moisaenz
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
After all this BS>The bottom line is that Splitter should get more minutes starting tomorrow if POp wants to get anything out of him for the playoffs.I honestly think if his minutes are increased and he still does not develop, there should be trade talks.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
All of you haters are gonna be eating Splitter crow soon. My boy's bread-n-butter "T-Rex baby shot put fling" is about to take the L by storm. By the WCF he'll be flinging up liners with no arch, which will miraculously find the bottom of the net to the tune of around 65%.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I love Splitts, but seriously, those little backyard fling shots need some Chip Engeland tough love like yesterday. And his foul shooting reminds me of a middle-aged father lining up a shot at Fiesta Texas to win a UTSA or Miami Hurricanes ball for his nagging son.

Having said that, I haven't given up on him yet. Don't expect much more than filling in some minutes here and there in the playoffs, but I think that he can vastly improve by next season.

moisaenz
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
All of you haters are gonna be eating Splitter crow soon. My boy's bread-n-butter "T-Rex baby shot put fling" is about to take the L by storm. By the WCF he'll be flinging up liners with no arch, which will miraculously find the bottom of the net to the tune of around 65%.

"T-Rex baby shot put fling" hilarious...
In all honestly we hope he does that....

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Let's not get carried away here. Splitter is way more talented than Beno Udrih is. Udrih is barely a serviceable player.

Udrih has been an starting point guard for the last four years. If Splitter has the talent to start 55 games a year, then he's far better than the 31st best center in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I love Splitts, but seriously, those little backyard fling shots need some Chip Engeland tough love like yesterday. And his foul shooting reminds me of a middle-aged father lining up a shot at Fiesta Texas to win a UTSA or Miami Hurricanes ball for his nagging son.

Having said that, I haven't given up on him yet. Don't expect much more than filling in some minutes here and there in the playoffs, but I think that he can vastly improve by next season.

So the case you're making for Splitter not to take minutes from Blair is because of the low percentage fling shots he takes? Clearly you haven't been watching Blair this season. :lol

duncan228
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

Splitter gains valuable playing time (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/08/splitter-gains-valuable-playing-time/)
Mike Monroe

...Popovich said he will try to give Splitter as much time as possible in the 18 remaining regular-season games.

“He’s Tiago Splitter,” Popovich said, “and he does what he does. He needs more time to make significant impact on our team. If there’s an opportunity to do that, I’ll certainly do that because he’s someone who we want to have available and ready to play for us as we move on.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/08/splitter-gains-valuable-playing-time/

moisaenz
03-09-2011, 01:49 AM
Splitter doesn't look over matched out there. But his low post moves are so unorthodox.

I have heard this before, back when a guy named Ginobili started wearing silver and black, he was and still is so unorthodox......

senorglory
03-09-2011, 02:09 AM
“He’s Tiago Splitter.”

rascal
03-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Splitter is just not that talented. He has no shot away from the basket thats why he throws upweak half hook shots. Has anyone seen him square up and shoot a jump shot away from the basket?

He is too slow, doesn't have a good verticle leap and doesn't know how to read the ball off the rebound. Rodman was a master at reading where the ball would come off the rebound and he would put himself in position and fight for the ball. Splitter is the opposite.

Expecting Splitter to save the frontcourt in the playoffs is failure. The Spurs needed to address the thin frontline last summer other than just bringing in Splitter as the only move.

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Splitter is just not that talented. He has no shot away from the basket thats why he throws upweak half hook shots. Has anyone seen him square up and shoot a jump shot away from the basket?

He is too slow, doesn't have a good verticle leap and doesn't know how to read the ball off the rebound. Rodman was a master at reading where the ball would come off the rebound and he would put himself in position and fight for the ball. Splitter is the opposite.

Expecting Splitter to save the frontcourt in the playoffs is failure. The Spurs needed to address the thin frontline last summer other than just bringing in Splitter as the only move.

Splitter moves well for a big man and understands pick-n-roll defense pretty well. He needs to really get stronger and needs to seriously develop his overall offense in the post and a jump shot. I expect quite a bit of improvement next season out of Splitter.

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Has anyone seen him square up and shoot a jump shot away from the basket?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdF1POF-3cc

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
His problem is not being able to shoot. It is being able to get off his own shot. Splitter's replacement at Baskonia, Stanko Barca is better than Splitter was in the same role because he can get off his own shot and make his own baskets. Something that Splitter could never do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8g8DZrltlk&feature=related

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
LMFAO

Splitter could score a basket like that maybe 10 times in an entire season.

Also, in that same game he was DOMINATED by his opposing center Schortsanitis. So I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is you have no point, dude. You just keep bashing the guy for the sake of it. Get a life and let him play. We'll see in a few years if he has payed off for the Spurs or not.

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
No your "point" is that you never in your life saw Splitter play in Europe but you think you are an expert on what type of player he was there.

It's pathetic that people actually think they know something about something they never even saw before. It's pretty much clinically certifiable.

I have watched Splitter play for years and everything I say about him is true, accurate, fair and honest. And I have NEVER bad mouthed him, nor bashed him. I have ALWAYS praised and given credit to him for what he is good at it.

But all the talk about Splitter here is so incredibly delusional and homeristic that it is truly astonishing. From people that never even saw him play before he came to San Antonio no less. Pretty pathetic that these same people argue with someone that actually has watched him playing for years.

It's pathetic and xenophobic and ignorant.

BTW, Rasho in Euroleague >>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter in Euroleague.

Oh well, maybe we should just call you "Manu_Forever the Omniscient" and start worshiping your persona.

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 02:00 PM
No your "point" is that you never in your life saw Splitter play in Europe but you think you are an expert on what type of player he was there.

It's pathetic that people actually think they know something about something they never even saw before. It's pretty much clinically certifiable.

I have watched Splitter play for years and everything I say about him is true, accurate, fair and honest. And I have NEVER bad mouthed him, nor bashed him. I have ALWAYS praised and given credit to him for what he is good at it.

But all the talk about Splitter here is so incredibly delusional and homeristic that it is truly astonishing. From people that never even saw him play before he came to San Antonio no less. Pretty pathetic that these same people argue with someone that actually has watched him playing for years.

It's pathetic and xenophobic and ignorant.

BTW, Rasho in Euroleague >>>>>>>>>>>>> Splitter in Euroleague.

Splitter would easily be the best center in Greece.

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Also, in that same game he was DOMINATED by his opposing center Schortsanitis. So I'm not sure what your point is.

I was gonna let this go... but wtf...

Schortsanitis: 3 pts - 1 board
Splitter: 20 pts - 7 boards

http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4508/gamename/3/groupname/A/langid/1/langlc/en/roundid/6250/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

AlleyOopNazi
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
his early season injury really put him behind the 8 ball. Lots of room to improve offensively, defensively he looks pretty solid in our front-court. his post game is pretty rubbish mostly because he can't sniff the rim and takes hooks from 1-2 steps out of his comfort zone. Pick-N-Roll also looks solid, can improve on off season

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Wrong game.

Nope, you're wrong again. Check the upload info and the score:

Uploaded by adrianoc (http://www.youtube.com/user/adrianoc) on Jul 16, 2008
O pivô Tiago Splitter gira contra a marcação dupla, recebe a falta e faz a bandeja na derrota do Brasil para a Grécia, 89 a 69, no pré-olímpico mundial de basquete, imagens do canal Sportv

Now the boxcore info.

Game: BRAZIL vs GREECE (Group A)
Date: 16 July 2008
Time: 22h00
City: Athens
Spectators: 18500

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Bourousis
Batiste
Maric
Nesterovich
Tsartsaris

All without any question are better than Splitter. Splitter would be at the absolute most generous rating the 5th best center in the Greek League.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Splitter is as good as any of those centers. They are all absolutely just flat out better players than he is.

The fact that you can make such a ridiculous claim as Splitter being better "easily" than such players is 100% proof that you don't know a damn thing about basketball and you are just a troll.

All Greek players are overrated. Thats why they can't compete in the NBA. Cmon KBP, man up and admit the truth.

You don't know a damn thing about basketball and that is for sure.

Greek players are overrated. Theres a reason why they can never make it in the NBA.

OoOoOoOoOoO
03-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm talking about another game idiot.

I am sorry but your post claiming Splitter would be the best center in Greece right now is so laughable it is ridiculous.

Splitter would not even play if he was in Olympiacos. Anyway enough is enough. I'm putting all the centers in Europe better than Splitter because all the homers here pushed it too far with the insane homerism.

Oh, sorry man, were you talking about this game then?

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/12/groupname/C/langlc/en/roundid/4742/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Splitter: 18 pts, 8 boards
Schortsanitis: DNP - CD

Yeah, he absolutely DOMINATED Splitter.

End of discussion.

20beastie45
03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Bonner has a motor that won't quit. He competes on every play, even when he's physically overmatched. Splitter drifts. He's the Tin Man, needing a heart.

Bonner can have an immortal Hemi engine...He still can't grab a effing rebound...He's good for one thing only Shooting clutch threes in the regular season.

Mel_13
03-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Greek players are overrated. Theres a reason why they can never make it in the NBA.

So true. That's the real reason why KBP is so hung up about Splitter. No matter what he says, a simple fact remains. Splitter has already accomplished more in the world's premier club league than any Greek born player in history.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=GR&state=

What that list shows, aside from the puny production of Greeks in the NBA, is that every one of them (lol, all 4) went running back to Greece after one failed season in the NBA.

Facts are facts.

Mel_13
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Tiago Splitter was the Jeff Foster of Europe. According to you, that makes him the best center in Europe.

Tiago Splitter sucks in the NBA. Yet according to you, that means he somehow proved something and did not "fail."

Basically, you are a delusional and petty idiot that lives in his own dream world. I really feel sorry for you, because you are a certifiable moron.

So....not on your ignore list, after all?

Facts are facts.

Splitter's NBA accomplishments already dwarf those of all Greek players in history. I know that makes you mad, but you'll have to learn to accept it.

Mel_13
03-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Mel_13 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6168) This message is hidden because Mel_13 is on your ignore list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Ignoring by not ignoring.

Classic KBP fail.

splitterthefuture
03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Here is hoping for some minutes for splitter tonight.. Hopefully atleast 20.. The lakers game showed we needed his length.. And even if be does get pushed around he is a smart player that sets good picks and isn't afraid to body up.. With playing time and some weight he will be just fine

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I was gonna let this go... but wtf...

Schortsanitis: 3 pts - 1 board
Splitter: 20 pts - 7 boards

http://www.athens2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/olymQual/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4508/gamename/3/groupname/A/langid/1/langlc/en/roundid/6250/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Oh, sorry man, were you talking about this game then?

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/06_wcm/scheResu/p/eventid/3507/gamename/12/groupname/C/langlc/en/roundid/4742/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Splitter: 18 pts, 8 boards
Schortsanitis: DNP - CD

Yeah, he absolutely DOMINATED Splitter.

End of discussion.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/08/splitter-gains-valuable-playing-time/

So, expect Tiago to get a DNP-CD tonight and the next game.

BRs.Ganso
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Tiago have only 19 points and 7,5 rebounds average against Greece... Fail again by forever.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Tiago have only 19 points and 7,5 rebounds average against Greece... Fail again by forever.

But he can't get his own shot, and you're relying on box scores and stats. He was dominated by that guy who couldn't get any minutes in summer league.

mingus
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Manu made a comment a couple weeks ago about how splitter has to play with better players in order to be most useful, which is obvious to me.

Bill_Brasky
03-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Manu_Forever got shitted on by that ooooo guy:lol

Just because you watch euro games doesn't exempt you from being a complete dumbass when discussing it. I think I'll judge for myself whether or not he's NBA-worthy.

He's already done more than any shit greek player and will definitely get another season.:lol

senorglory
03-10-2011, 01:03 AM
"..Popovich said he will try to give Splitter as much time as possible in the 18 remaining regular-season games."

I'm starting to think Popovich is a liar. Boxscore shows Splitter logged only 1 minute tonight against the Pistons.

thOOdee
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
"..Popovich said he will try to give Splitter as much time as possible in the 18 remaining regular-season games."

I'm starting to think Popovich is a liar. Boxscore shows Splitter logged only 1 minute tonight against the Pistons.

and bonner got a season high 1 rebound....YES!

Mel_13
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
is true that Sofo can't even play in summer league

is true

2.5 ppg in summer league:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2010/players/sl_sofoklis_schortsanitis/index.html

BRs.Ganso
03-10-2011, 11:54 AM
But he can't get his own shot, and you're relying on box scores and stats. He was dominated by that guy who couldn't get any minutes in summer league.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
:lmao

Mel_13
03-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Sofo can't make it in Summer League

We've already established that as a fact.

Move on, KBP.

BRs.Ganso
03-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Yg6gXbQP_jU

why Greeks (Forever) dont like brazilian players
:rollin

Obstructed_View
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Sofo is better than Splitter. So if what you say is true that Sofo can't even play in summer league, then why the hell would a guy worse than him, which is Splitter be the savior of the Spurs?

You don't have much ability to reason do you?

Bolded for sheer ironicism.

Obstructed_View
03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Sofo is better than Splitter. So if what Spurs fans claim is true, that Sofo can't make it in Summer League, then why is Splitter going to be the savior of the Spurs?

Still not.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Mel_13

"is true

2.5 ppg in summer league:"

Gary Neal

2.3 points per game in Euroleague.

An epic Euroleague scrub is now the 6th man on the team with the best record in the NBA. Just proves what a ridiculously POS league the NBA is.

It's really a low level.

I am hoping for the sake of humanity that you are really just some troll that does not believe this shit instead of the gibbering idiot you portray yourself as.

Cessation
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Neal only played 7 games in euroleague. Way to try to make a conclusion based on that sample size.
NBA players get worse in europe, because they don't have to try as hard, since europe is full of scrubs. You're only as good as your competition.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Gary Neal averaged 2.3 points per game when he played in the top level in Europe, the Euroleague. That is a STATISTICAL FACT.

That is good enough to be 6th man on the team with the NBA's best record. In other words, total Euroleague scrubs can come to the Spurs and be 6th men.

So this argument that the NBA is somehow better than the Euroleague is complete bull shit. None of the facts, nor stats that are historical evidence support that.

In fact, NBA players almost always play much worse in Euroleague than they did in the NBA.

So why would anyone think the NBA is a better league. Players get worse when they leave the NBA and go to the Euroleague, which means the competition in Euroleague is better. Of course, people that live in a delusional fairy tale world, are not interested in actual facts. They only are interested in the make believe in their own minds like, "Gary Neal dominated in Europe" and "all NBA scrubs are superstars in Europe."

All it means is that most people in this forum are insane.

You are better than an ignore feature. I cannot bring myself to actually read your posts. I looked a tthe bolded portion realized that you had no sense of statistical analysis and just stopped bothering to try.

I just think this is awesome. You are from one of the five shittiest states in the union trying to claim to be from one of the most polluted and underdeveloped countries in Europe.

Being beat down by the Ottomans and there ancestors for 8 centuries will do that though.

So rage, rage, rage. How about telling us the virtues of anarchism or some other greek 'virtue?'

ChumpDumper
03-10-2011, 03:27 PM
KBP, why do Greek players always play worse in the NBA?

Mel_13
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Mel_13

"is true

2.5 ppg in summer league:"

Still failing at ignoring.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2011, 03:32 PM
ChumpDumper (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153) This message is hidden because ChumpDumper is on your ignore list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
View Post (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5040848) http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_new.gif Today, 02:28 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=6168)
Mel_13 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6168) This message is hidden because Mel_13 is on your ignore list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).You're missing some great stuff tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
You're not really ignoring me though, are you?

mathbzh
03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
In fact, NBA players almost always play much worse in Euroleague than they did in the NBA.

Fact:
Spanoulis stats:
NBA: 2.7 pts 0.9 ast FG% 32 PER 5.4
Euroleague: 12 pts 3 ast FG% 55

All the NBA players do much worse in the Euroleague:rolleyes

Seventyniner
03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Gary Neal averaged 2.3 points per game when he played in the top level in Europe, the Euroleague. That is a STATISTICAL FACT.

That is good enough to be 6th man on the team with the NBA's best record. In other words, total Euroleague scrubs can come to the Spurs and be 6th men.

While we're on the subject of STATISTICAL FACTS: Gary Neal averages the 8th most minutes per game on the Spurs. He's not the 6th man (that would be George Hill).

Mel_13
03-10-2011, 04:21 PM
While we're on the subject of STATISTICAL FACTS: Gary Neal averages the 8th most minutes per game on the Spurs. He's not the 6th man (that would be George Hill).

Statistical facts and KBP are strangers to one another.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2011, 06:43 PM
The hell is a eurojohnbball?

jag
03-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I heard that 85.6% of Greek men are gay.

BOHOLANO#21
03-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Fuckin KBP isn't dead yet...WTF? He has nine lives? I guess greek gays never die they just fade away...lol.