PDA

View Full Version : Spurs score 31 points in the 4th quarter

Juggity
03-06-2011, 05:55 PM
And only lose by 16 points. Commence discussion of "if the first quarter had not happened, Spurs would have won the game." :toast

Holden_Caulfield
03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
its not how you start, its how you finish. we good.

m33p0
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
fakers were motivated.

slayermin
03-06-2011, 06:07 PM
The first 6 minutes killed us. No hustle, no fight.

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
And only lose by 16 points. Commence discussion of "if the first quarter had not happened, Spurs would have won the game." :toast

It's the truth. We lost the game in the first 12 minutes. If the game were close at the end of the first quarter, the Spurs would probably have won the game.

John Basedow
03-06-2011, 06:11 PM
It's the truth. We lost the game in the first 12 minutes. If the game were close at the end of the first quarter, the Spurs would probably have won the game.

:lmao

Juggity
03-06-2011, 06:13 PM

4th quarter:

Spurs scrubs - 31
Lakers starters - 18

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
4th quarter:

Spurs scrubs - 31
Lakers starters - 18

BTW John Basedow is a fag and loves black cock...it's a fact. :lol

Budkin
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Guys there's no way to spin this loss... we flat out sucked. It's not indicative of our team overall or what will happen if we meet in the playoffs. It's a regular season game where we got our asses kicked. They came out with energy and we came out with lethargy. That equals ass kicking.

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Guys there's no way to spin this loss... we flat out sucked. It's not indicative of our team overall or what will happen if we meet in the playoffs. It's a regular season game where we got our asses kicked. They came out with energy and we came out with lethargy. That equals ass kicking.

Spurs got punched in the mouth in the first quarter, and never quite recovered. The Lakers won't have it so easy next time we meet (unless the Spurs have HCA already locked up and are resting the starters).

spurtech09
03-06-2011, 07:14 PM
spurs were tired and lakers weren't period....no biggie spurs will rest and bounce right back...go spurs

Proxy
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM
The Lakers were motivated... they needed this win more than the Spurs did. The Black and Silver came out with tons of intensity against the Heat... no where near today though. I knew it by the way Manu came out in the beginning.

We were outplayed... it's still one loss though. Once we clinch homecourt, we'll rest, and if all goes right, we'll play a beat up Lakers team in the WCF with homecourt advantage and more rest after they play the Mavs and we get past the OKC.

boutons_deux
03-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Size wasn't the problem today, and won't be in the playoffs. Lakes were only +6 RBs.

Spurs 35% vs 60% in the first half was the ENTIRE problem.

Spurs are 3G chuckers? Lakers shot 2 more 3G than Spurs

duncan228
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
spurs were tired and lakers weren't period....

Both teams played Friday, the Spurs starters rested the fourth quarter Friday, the Lakers flew Saturday. Seems like the Lakers would have had a better excuse for tired.

Every team feels the grind of the season by this point, but the Spurs should have been as rested as they can be, they've been home a few days.

CosmicCowboy
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Spurs got their ass kicked today. Simple as that. It happens in the NBA. Even Cleveland wins a few games.

Srupsog
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Today we looked like a jumpshooting team and when a jumpshooting team isn't hitting jumpshots they look like complete shit. In the past when the spurs weren't hitting their jumpshots they could always throw it into Tim to pull them through that doesn't seem available anymore. It didn't seem like the spurs defense was horrible, it just seemed more like the Lakers couldn't miss anything, so the loss looks more to be of the offenses fault than the D's. I still have faith in the Spurs, but today's offensive display makes me think we rely a lot more on making jumpshots than getting easy baskets to win, which makes me nervous against title-contenders in the playoffs.

What do you guys think about today's performance and our title chances going forward? . . . discuss

PS: I would of loved to see Splitter in the 1st half, his lack of use in the spurs regular rotation I think might hurt us down the line in the playoffs.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-06-2011, 08:12 PM
C'mon, we sucked today. I know we played bad in the first, but still, Spurs got their asses handed to them. Easily the worst performance of the season. But you could say every NBA team has one of these games.

Flux451
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Outhustled and shooting blanks. I credit Lakers defense. Bad game for Spurs. Tiago should have got more PT while there was a chance. Not enough movement on the offense. Blair played horrible.

rascal
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
You could make the case had the game not been played then the spurs would not have lost. Thats about on the same line of thinking like you saying had they not played the first quarter.

Throw out the 4th quarter. Garbage time came early with many starters sitting. The 16 point final point differential is misleading.

rascal
03-06-2011, 08:31 PM

No way. The spurs were outplayed today.

King
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
You're also not taking into account that the Lakers probably eased off the gas in the 4th, letting the Spurs score 31 while only scoring 16. There's no way to spin it. Lakers flat dominated from start to finish.

Mal
03-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Size wasn't the problem today, and won't be in the playoffs. Lakes were only +6 RBs.

Spurs 35% vs 60% in the first half was the ENTIRE problem.

Spurs are 3G chuckers? Lakers shot 2 more 3G than Spurs

Size was problem. Penetraiting Parker and Ginobilii create space for Duncan inside, and all those shooters. Bonner, Neal cant create themselves and hit 3.

Without those bucket in paint, Spurs hadn`t any weapon to compete with Lakers. + they hit almost every basket. Then Spurs showed some energy, but win was way beyond reach.

Some D, easy points on transition offense, early foul trouble by Bynum or Gasol, but neither happend. Pop just have to make switch of gameplan if it ever happend to play Lakers in playoffs.

cd98
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
We'll be in LA in a couple of weeks. That game will tell us if this loss was an outlier.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Failure to show up is still failure. The Lakers were ready for the opening tip, the Spurs weren't. Duncan's scored two points in two of three games against them.

Capt Bringdown
03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
It's not hard to see how the Lakers could impose their will on us in a 7 game series. As others have mentioned, we're kinda stuck against them. They can take away what we do best, inside & out.

What conclusions can be drawn from the Spurs previous 2 wins? That we'll need a monster game from Blair and a tip-in from our oldest player? It's gonna take more than "better energy" to get past them.

Budkin
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
We'll be in LA in a couple of weeks. That game will tell us if this loss was an outlier.

That game won't mean anything unless we choke the rest of the way. Rest time.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
It's not hard to see how the Lakers could impose their will on us in a 7 game series. As others have mentioned, we're kinda stuck against them. They can take away what we do best, inside & out.

What conclusions can be drawn from the Spurs previous 2 wins? That we'll need a monster game from Blair and a tip-in from our oldest player? It's gonna take more than "better energy" to get past them.

Might as well stop watching then. The trade deadline has passed, and they aren't going to make any changes. Better pray for an injury to Duncan so you have an excuse for failure.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 09:21 PM
By the way, if the first quarter hadn't happened, the Spurs probably would have lost the Miami game. That's why it's a four quarter game. I hope the Spurs don't decide to be that unprepared for any playoff games.

PublicOption
03-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I am not worried, the lakers were butthurt by all of our ass whippings. so they had to prove they could play well against us. one quarter was all they could give us......do that in series and maybe that would impress me, but for one quarter with TD only scoring 2 pts.........the fakers are dreaming.

PublicOption
03-07-2011, 01:23 AM
By the way, if the first quarter hadn't happened, the Spurs probably would have lost the Miami game. That's why it's a four quarter game. I hope the Spurs don't decide to be that unprepared for any playoff games.

no, the spurs still win by 6.

spurs10
03-07-2011, 02:16 AM
In the 1st quarter of this game both teams were taking jumpshots almost exclusively. They made practically every one and we missed practically every one. We also out rebounded them on the offensive boards as the game went on. Bynum out played Tim this afternoon and we couldn't buy a bucket. Ass whoppings build character. We are deeper than the Lakers and won't play this poorly again. Go Spurs!

Ice009
03-07-2011, 02:59 AM

What are you talking about Obstructed? Why would they have lost the game against Miami if it wasn't for the first quarter? So you're saying they needed a 24 point lead just to beat Miami. Do you think the Spurs are that bad?

spursbird
03-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Our bench is the 2nd best in NBA I guess.

TE
03-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Just like they say: it happens.

Spurs won't come out this flat again. This loss is good in a way because it gives them an idea of what happens when the other team is lights out, and you're simultaneously playing like shit.

It won't happen again.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 03:14 AM
What are you talking about Obstructed? Why would they have lost the game against Miami if it wasn't for the first quarter? So you're saying they needed a 24 point lead just to beat Miami. Do you think the Spurs are that bad?

As I already stated, it's a four quarter game. "If the first quarter didn't happen" scenarios are all pretty unrealistic, but if you're going to play that game, they cut both ways. The Spurs shot pretty well in the second quarter against Miami and still got pasted, so maybe the outcome of the game is completely different. We'll never know because showing up for the first quarter is kind of important.

Ice009
03-07-2011, 04:49 AM
As I already stated, it's a four quarter game. "If the first quarter didn't happen" scenarios are all pretty unrealistic, but if you're going to play that game, they cut both ways. The Spurs shot pretty well in the second quarter against Miami and still got pasted, so maybe the outcome of the game is completely different. We'll never know because showing up for the first quarter is kind of important.

Alright so you think the team is not starting as good as it could and needs to make sure to start better every game then? Are you saying that our starts aren't that great and we need to improve that?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Alright so you think the team is not starting as good as it could and needs to make sure to start better every game then? Are you saying that our starts aren't that great and we need to improve that?

Have you been drinking? It's really not that complicated. The Spurs didn't show up for the Lakers game and they got steamrolled. If you want to boil the Lakers game down to a mantra for them to repeat going forward, then I guess "Don't not show up" would work. Otherwise "It's a four quarter game" is probably good for the season in general.