PDA

View Full Version : Laker girl profile: Erin wants to work in the fashion industry

tlongII
03-06-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c506253ef014e867f5eba970d-320wi

This is the tenth post of a weekly series that helps you get to know the Laker Girls (who, by the way, officially go by one name only)

Laker Girl name: Erin

Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ

Area of Residence: Downtown - Los Angeles, CA

College/High School: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising

What prompted you to want to become a Laker Girl? I saw the Laker Girls at my very first Laker game vs. the Spurs a few years ago and I knew instantly I wanted to be in that position. I was inspired by their routines, uniforms and smiles they possessed.

What do you think stood out to the judging panel, about you, regarding your audition? Probably how I dance on my toes! I am, and have always been, criticized about not putting my heels on the ground when I dance! I feel my ballet background makes it very difficult for me to change my style. (but, I try!)

What do you think makes a good Laker Girl? Confidence and motivation to do your job well. Our schedule is always changing, as well as our uniforms, routines and places to be at! So, it is crucial to be organized. If you can accomplish that, not to mention, maintain a smile and positive attitude - you're on your way to being a good Laker Girl!

What is your dance experience? It seems I tried everything! I took classes in jazz, modern, lyrical, tap, even some salsa and merengue classes but focused on ballet. I've performed in The Nutcracker 6 times and trained at the Briansky School of Ballet in Saratoga Springs, New York. I was also part of the Towson University Dance Team during their 8th consecutive national championship title.

Favorite dance routine, while being a Laker Girl? Right now, Higher Ground is my favorite routine! The song is classic rock and it’s fun to rock out to - and that's how I feel when we're performing it.

Favorite uniform? Our purple “ruffle” uniform!! It is very girly, fun and flattering!

Favorite Lakers player? Lamar Odom! He seems to have a positive attitude and since I have been on the team, I have watched him grow as a player and teammate. It's been a pleasure to watch a great player in the making.

Favorite Laker Girl memory so far? Our trip to London and Barcelona was an experience I will never forget! While in Barcelona, me and my teammates/ best friends dipped our feet into the Mediterranean Sea…. I will forever remember that moment.

What do you like most about being involved, as a Laker Girl, at local charity/community events? I love participating in events that make a difference in people’s lives. To be able to say I was a part of these events is an honor. I feel our community is very thankful we, the Laker Girls, are at these events and that is very self gratifying.

What would you say is your beauty secret? A great facial cleanser/moisturizer and hair treatment!

What diet/workout tips do you have? Try making activities fun by getting a workout through playing sports with friends……it is a great way to not feel that your workout is a chore. I think people enjoy "working out" when they are doing something they love or feeling relieved from the crazy, Los Angeles on-the-go mentality.

What are your Hobbies? I love riding my bike and cooking delicious homemade meals when I have the time!

Career aspirations? I aspire to be a buyer in the fashion industry, particularly in shoes and accessories!

Buddy Holly
03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Funniest moment as a Laker girl: Once, when the Blazers were in town a Blazers fan ran up to me and "flashed" then ran off screaming "Tlong for the win!". The reason I used air quotes is because it was so small I couldn't see anything. I was ROFLMAO!

Your strengths: I'd have to say easily the fact that I have more durable knees than Greg Oden.

honestfool84
03-06-2011, 10:44 PM
^^^ :lol

Obstructed_View
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Higher Ground is classic rock? Jesus, I'm getting old. :(

tdunk21
03-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Funniest moment as a Laker girl: Once, when the Blazers were in town a Blazers fan ran up to me and "flashed" then ran off screaming "Tlong for the win!". The reason I used air quotes is because it was so small I couldn't see anything. I was ROFLMAO!

Your strengths: I'd have to say easily the fact that I have more durable knees than Greg Oden.

:lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Higher Ground is classic rock? Jesus, I'm getting old. :(

Please don't tell me you think The Peppers wrote that.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Please don't tell me you think The Peppers wrote that.

I'm sure the Laker girls don't dance to the Stevie Wonder version, which isn't "rock".

Viva Las Espuelas
03-07-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm sure the Laker girls don't dance to the Stevie Wonder version, which isn't "rock".

Well, yeah but it was "classic" when The Peppers got it. Meaning: you're really fucking old :D

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, yeah but it was "classic" when The Peppers got it. Meaning: you're really fucking old :D

Hence my previous assertion. I still think of Mothers Milk as one of the "new" RHCP albums. Yeah, I said "albums". :lol

crc21209
03-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Who gives a shit? :lol Tlong trying a bit TOO hard there to troll...

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Who gives a shit? :lol Tlong trying a bit TOO hard there to troll...
That was trolling?

crc21209
03-07-2011, 01:12 AM
That was trolling?

What does a Laker girl profile have to do with the Spurs? :lol

PublicOption
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
What is your dance experience? It seems I tried everything! I took classes in jazz, modern, lyrical, tap, even some salsa and merengue classes but focused on ballet. I've performed in The Nutcracker 6 times and trained at the Briansky School of Ballet in Saratoga Springs, New York. I was also part of the Towson University Dance Team during their 8th consecutive national championship title.

why does that sound familiar?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 01:18 AM
What does a Laker girl profile have to do with the Spurs? :lol

I don't know. When's the last time TLong actually posted anything that was meaningful? Defending his shitty team has whittled out his soul over the years, and now he's just a bitter old man who doesn't even like basketball trying to ruin the day of anyone that roots for a different team. He's a caricature of who he was six or seven years ago.

gospursgojas
03-07-2011, 01:19 AM

why does that sound familiar?

Gay Neal's school. But not the school of the "party" so, no, its not her :downspin: