PDA

View Full Version : Bynum to Spurs: "Spurs Quit"

der Kaiser
03-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Dont know if its been posted and I dont feel like looking through a lot of the garbage threads so here it is.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/03/06/11/Lakers-show-little-respect-in-blowout-of/landing_witz.html?blockID=434553&feedID=8063

"The Lakers did not. If it was not Artest mugging for the crowd, it was Kobe Bryant sinking a jumper and turning to glare at the Spurs' bench and picking up a technical foul for barking at Manu Ginobili, Derek Fisher kvetching over foul calls with the Lakers up by 20 late in the fourth quarter, or Shannon Brown showboating with between-the-legs dribbles.

And then there was Bynum afterward, calling out the Spurs as quitters.

"I haven't seen that yet from San Antonio this year," Bynum said. "But their starters definitely quit."

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Baby Drew dominated. Of course they quit, an azz whooping like that

Killakobe81
03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Well that is good news if they were TRYING and got destroyed then I would be REALLY concerned ...

Ice009
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Well that is good news if they were TRYING and got destroyed then I would be REALLY concerned ...

LOL that is actually better. It'd be worse if they were trying and got dominated.

Ditty
03-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Baby Drew dominated. Of course they quit, an azz whooping like that

lol nice lead tonight brah :lol

TampaDude
03-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Dont know if its been posted and I dont feel like looking through a lot of the garbage threads so here it is.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/03/06/11/Lakers-show-little-respect-in-blowout-of/landing_witz.html?blockID=434553&feedID=8063

"The Lakers did not. If it was not Artest mugging for the crowd, it was Kobe Bryant sinking a jumper and turning to glare at the Spurs' bench and picking up a technical foul for barking at Manu Ginobili, Derek Fisher kvetching over foul calls with the Lakers up by 20 late in the fourth quarter, or Shannon Brown showboating with between-the-legs dribbles.

"I haven't seen that yet from San Antonio this year," Bynum said. "But their starters definitely quit."

Better watch that knee, Drew boy...shit happens, ya know... :lol

JamStone
03-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Pretty sure you give the Spurs a pass considering how great they've been this season. I'm sure they didn't want to lose like that, but the game was obviously more important to the Lakers than the Spurs. 60+ games into the season, and this was their first really bad loss. That's the type of loss you just throw the game tapes out and just completely forget about it.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Pretty sure you give the Spurs a pass considering how great they've been this season. I'm sure they didn't want to lose like that, but the game was obviously more important to the Lakers than the Spurs. 60+ games into the season, and this was their first really bad loss. That's the type of loss you just throw the game tapes out and just completely forget about it.

theyve had like 3 of those actually

Today, New York, and Memphis.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Quitting implies that you began.

ElNono
03-07-2011, 12:28 AM

Second bad loss, first one at home. Agree with the rest.

ElNono
03-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm counting a beating by NO in their home court as the other really bad loss. We were just out of the game like today and no way to come back. Any other games we've been in them at least all the way to the 4th, IIRC.

Bartleby
03-07-2011, 12:30 AM
theyve had like 3 of those actually

Today, New York, and Memphis.

Orlando was a stinker as well.

ElNono
03-07-2011, 12:31 AM

Okay... I forgot about that one... :lol

Make that 3... but this is the first one at home IIRC.

Mike D
03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
The one thing I've come to expect from Drew as an LA fan over the years, is he has no filter. Even less of one than Artest really, as Artest is a little more calculating. Drew says his knee hurts (much to the dismay of some), that the team isn't working hard on defense, and so on.

While this is clearly something better left unsaid, it was utterly uncalculating.

Borosai
03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
He's right though.

Solid D
03-07-2011, 12:43 AM

The "Spurs Quit" comment gets lost if you read the entire article by Billy Witz, FOX Sports Los Angeles NBA Reporter, who regularly writes about the Lakers.

The real point of the article is Mr. Witz's opinion about how classless the Lakers looked in victory as compared with the Spurs, who handled the loss versus the Lakers in the same manner as they handled their 30-point blowout of the Heat some 42 hours earlier.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 12:43 AM

I don't put too much stock into the ORL one, though. They had just come off a 3 game skid with their new lineup and were finally heading back home to play the best team in the league. They needed to prove that the trade wasn't a horrible fucking idea. Again, they had more to prove than SA.

Today, well...sucked.

tlongII
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
The "Spurs Quit" comment gets lost if you read the entire article by Billy Witz, FOX Sports Los Angeles NBA Reporter, who regularly writes about the Lakers.

The real point of the article is Mr. Witz's opinion about how classless the Lakers looked in victory as compared with the Spurs, who handled the loss versus the Lakers in the same manner as they handled their 30-point blowout of the Heat some 42 hours earlier.

Spurs = Class

crc21209
03-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm not so sure that the guy with glass knees should be talking trash...:lol

IronMexican
03-07-2011, 12:48 AM

rofl. What a fag you are. Go back upstairs, where you're opinion actually means something. Not like the Lakers were claiming victory after the first.

mystargtr34
03-07-2011, 12:49 AM

Did you expect anything less?

Solid D
03-07-2011, 12:51 AM
rofl. I didn't read the article but blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. blah.

Fixed.

redzero
03-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Classy in blowout wins and classy in blowout losses. Is there anything the Spurs aren't classy at?

Nick Manning

He just won 2 rings with those glass knees, and he's barely old enough to drink. I'm not so sure a Spurs fan should be talking trash...

mystargtr34

When you have an $80M contract.. and only have to show up for half the games.. you can talk shit.

DPG21920
03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Why are you mad at Solid when he is simply pointing out the article?

mystargtr34
03-07-2011, 12:54 AM
rofl. What a fag you are. Go back upstairs, where you're opinion actually means something. Not like the Lakers were claiming victory after the first.

Look at this fagget barking out instructions from behind his computer screen.

Nick Manning
03-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Why are you mad at Solid when he is simply pointing out the article?

Nice try w/ the subtle trolling, but Solid bolded that particular line for a reason :lol

Nick Manning
03-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Look at this fagget barking out instructions from behind his computer screen.

lol how are your stats working for you, scrah? Have you responded to the post where Mike D took a shit on you, yet? :lmao

Solid D
03-07-2011, 01:01 AM
I bolded the line because that was the point of the article. These 2 sentences in the article are more representative of the article's premise. The writer (an LA-based writer and Lakers beat writer for FoxSports) was countering the Bynum quote that the Spurs Quit.

"But if the Lakers played like champs, they often enough carried themselves like chumps.

What's that phrase: Act like you've been there before?"

mystargtr34
03-07-2011, 01:02 AM
lol how are your stats working for you, scrah? Have you responded to the post where Mike D took a shit on you, yet? :lmao

I dont see how he could take a shit in the toilet with your dick lodged in his ass like that.

redzero
03-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I bolded the line because that was the point of the article. These 2 sentences in the article are more representative of the article's premise. The writer (an LA-based writer and Lakers beat writer for FoxSports) was countering the Bynum quote that the Spurs Quit.

"But if the Lakers played like champs, they often enough carried themselves like chumps.

What's that phrase: Act like you've been there before?"

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-02-21/1235245586270.jpg

Nick Manning
03-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I dont see how he could take a shit in the toilet with your dick lodged in his ass like that.

so I take it you just tucked tail and conceded your point was stupid?

Smart play, tbh. If you did that more often you'd probably start to realize that you haven't posted a cogent thought in 2-3 years.

IronMexican
03-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Bynum isn't classy enough to be on the Spurs. lol

Nick Manning
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
mystar, explain yourself:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5032010&postcount=84

mystargtr34
03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
so I take it you just tucked tail and conceded your point was stupid?

Smart play, tbh. If you did that more often you'd probably start to realize that you haven't posted a cogent thought in 2-3 years.

You took it wrong.

I read the first line and it sounded like typical "stats are irrelevant because Kobe has shitty advanced stats :madrun so watch me show an example where stats are false" Lakerfan schtick.

If it means that much to you i can probly reply?

Nick Manning
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
You took it wrong.

I read the first line and it sounded like typical "stats are irrelevant because Kobe has shitty advanced stats :madrun so watch me show an example where stats are false" Lakerfan schtick.

If it means that much to you i can probly reply?

it means the world to me, tbh

mystargtr34
03-07-2011, 01:23 AM
it means the world to me, tbh

Done tbh.

Mystar, I can put together a series of statistics that shows Lakers center Andrew Bynum as being the best defensive center in the league. Better than all of the rest, bar none. Does that mean he is? Or that the stats don't accurately account for everything? I'm serious by the way. Since we are simply discussing what fans will believe instead of looking at the arbitrary stats, it's relevant.

This sounds like typical "stats are irrelevant because Kobe has shitty advanced stats :madrun so watch me show an example where stats are false" Lakerfan schtick.

DazedAndConfused
03-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Damn wish all Lakers were as classy as the Spurs.

I mean Tony Parker is the epitome of class. Fucking his teammate's wife. Doesn't get any classier than that.

:lmao GNSF horrible horrible hypocrisy

Cane
03-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Bynum has learned well from Phil Jackson. He knows how to play the game off the court and he can have a dominant impact versus the Spurs without having to score more than 4 points.

Interesting spin by the LA author to basically call out the Lakers as if they were a bunch of underachieving Rasheed Wallaces but time will tell if the refs and even the opposing team gets tired of their shit especially on the road.

Beau
03-07-2011, 01:56 AM
You can't expect a bunch of classless fucks to care about class.

I'm the motherfuckin classiest person I know and even I think the Spurs are fuckin classy.

Choke on the whitewater, fucksticks. Learn some class. Respect...

j.dizzle
03-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Bynum is a different player now IMO. He's matured a lot in the last year. He used to care a lot about scoring but dude now understands that his D & rebounding >>>>>> scoring 15-20 pts a game. Hope he keeps getting stronger & more confident.

DesignatedT
03-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Bynum just speakin the truth. Spurs knew there was no coming back from an onslaught like that... especially when they just delivered one against Miami a couple days before. The Lakers had "it" tonight and they deserve credit for it. Nobody was beating this team tonight.

Holden_Caulfield
03-07-2011, 04:22 AM
in his defense...the lakers starters played all throughout the game. talk about commitment.

jermaine
03-07-2011, 06:31 AM

I know right! Where was he when the Cavs taxed that ass!?!

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Andrew Bynum

Chillen
03-07-2011, 07:50 AM
The shots weren't falling in the 1st quarter for the Spurs and the Lakers came focused ready to play and basically won the game in that 1st quarter. The Spurs still played the Lakers well in the previous 2 games they have played, you can't have an off game against a defending NBA champ, that's why they got blown out of the arena in the 1st quarter. I think a playoff series between these teams will be more intense than a regular season game and it goes 6 or 7 games. Spurs played like shit against a defending NBA champion that came ready to play, this can't happen in the playoffs if they want to unseat the Lakers.

Capt Bringdown
03-07-2011, 08:07 AM
What is this a courtesy class?
Ain't nothing wrong with the Lakers attitude, they've earned it - and what they're doing works. You don't set yourself up to 3-peat by singing in the church choir.
Check out NBA history. Lakers, Bulls, and Celtics - they exuded a champion's cockiness that bordered on arrogance.
Class is not only over-rated - it's the prattle of losers.

Vertical
03-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Bynum finally learned that rebounding and defense is what was needed from him...but like all young players they all think scoring points is sexier...

BlackSwordsMan
03-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Spurs are doing what the jets did to the pats get blown out and when you face em in the playoffs you've already mind fucked them into thinking you're weak but the octopus wakes up and eats you.

TE
03-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Spurs are doing what the jets did to the pats get blown out and when you face em in the playoffs you've already mind fucked them into thinking you're weak but the octopus wakes up and eats you.

money right here.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-07-2011, 08:59 AM
He's sorta kinda right. Pop and/or Spurs definitely threw in the towel BEFORE the last 0:00 showed on the clock. They were already sulking on the bench before the 1st quarter ended.

21_Blessings
03-07-2011, 10:17 AM
A sign of things to come.

Mike D
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
The reporter was doing his job by asking the loaded question. Its interesting how many different ways to ask the same basic issue before getting your quote. Drew should have done a bit better here, but what's done is done.

"Did the Spurs laying down like that, almost seemed like they quit once it was out of reach, did it surprise you? How many times have you seen them quit this year?"

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Eh, they have quit before. Pretty much every NBA team does from time to time. It's annoying.

cheguevara
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
did the Lakers quit in Cleveland?

Red Hawk #21
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM

So people have to act classy when they blow the Spurs out? Seriously? :downspin:

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
who handled the loss versus the Lakers in the same manner as they handled their 30-point blowout of the Heat some 42 hours earlier.

Yeah Tim Duncan repeatedly yelling "Game Over" after the 1st quarter against Miami is classy as fuck.

cheguevara
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
LOL mavfan talking about class

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/mark-cuban-closeup.jpg

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah Tim Duncan repeatedly yelling "Game Over" after the 1st quarter against Miami is classy as fuck.

Yeah, Gary Neal should be highly offended.

lefty
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Bynum is right

We quit

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
LOL mavfan talking about class

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/mark-cuban-closeup.jpg

Mavfan never claimed anything about the Mavericks is classy.

Spurfan makes that claim about their team daily.

NRHector
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah Tim Duncan repeatedly yelling "Game Over" after the 1st quarter against Miami is classy as fuck.Tim was being cocky and had confidence but never talked trash about the Heat

Mugen
03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Tim was being cocky and confidence but never talked trash about the Heat

actually he was talking "trash" about Gary Neal. Still not classy IMO :depressed

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Tim was being cocky and confidence but never talked trash about the Heat

Yeah and after four rings faggot! it's just natural he'd get so cocky about a meaningless little regular season win. Act like you've been there, right?

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
If that was Dirk yelling "game over!" after a big first quarter against the Spurs, this place would have a fucking meltdown over what a classless asshole _irk Noringski is.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
God forbid Jason Terry yells that, people here might actually drop their burritos and march to Dallas to lynch him.

Brazil
03-07-2011, 02:20 PM
If that was Dirk yelling "game over!" after a big first quarter against the Spurs, this place would have a fucking meltdown over what a classless asshole _irk Noringski is.

why don't you consider the fact he was talking about the better shooter between Neal and Bonner?

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
why don't you consider the fact he was talking about the better shooter between Neal and Bonner?

Don't let facts get in the way.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah I totally believe that bullshit spin doctoring. Spur fan will do anything to further the spurs=class movement. I also hear there's some Holocaust deniers with some really convincing evidence too.

NRHector
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
God forbid Jason Terry yells that, people here might actually drop their burritos and march to Dallas to lynch him.nah we just wait when he comes down here, I'm not going to waste my burrito on him, hell no!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
God forbid Jason Terry yells that, people here might actually drop their burritos and march to Dallas to lynch him.Who did Tim punch in the nuts?

monosylab1k
Don't let facts get in the way.

true, six million Jews is such an exaggeration. Fucking Zionists.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 02:23 PM

Just horseshit.

monosylab1k
Who did Tim punch in the nuts?

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
Spurs=ClassSo he didn't punch anyone in the nuts?

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Just horseshit.

Just let them believe their little lie, Gui. I'm sure they'd also be convinced that there was no Zyklon B in the gas chambers either.

j.dizzle
The spurs were overwhelmed. They need Parker to go ape shit in the playoffs if they play LA. They just have too many players to throw at Duncan & Ginobli. Its not a coincidence that those 2 keep looking like scrubs vs Lakers. You can't really rely on players like Bonner & Jefferson in the playoffs. Dick had 1 pt, 0 boards & 0 assists, how much is he making again? haha

monosylab1k
So he didn't punch anyone in the nuts?

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Spurs=ClassRelatively speaking, sure.

It's not like the bar is set very high in the NBA.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Relatively speaking, sure.

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Spurs=ClassThanks for agreeing.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for agreeing.

Spurs=Class

j.dizzle
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM

:lol

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Spurs=ClassAnd?

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
And?

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Spurs=ClassOK. It's settled.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
OK. It's settled.

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Spurs=Class

Ace
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Spurs are just so damn classy even in blowout loss. We all could learn something here...

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Spurs=Class

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
spurs=classok.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
ok.

Spurs=Class

ChumpDumper
03-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Spurs=ClassYeah.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah.

Spurs=Class

Gold Tooth Carl
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Spurs are just so damn classy even in blowout loss. We all could learn something here...

http://mrslebronwade.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lebron_portrait_paper_final.jpg

NRHector
03-07-2011, 02:41 PM
ibtl:clap

lefty
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
We did bid beat the Lakers 100-81 @ Staples Center, in April last season

The Lakers still won the title later.

So I'm not too worried

Brazil
03-07-2011, 03:00 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah I totally believe that bullshit spin doctoring. Spur fan will do anything to further the spurs=class movement. I also hear there's some Holocaust deniers with some really convincing evidence too.

yeah this is a conspiracy... spurs FO have time to loose so they made up a story to preserve the spurs=class movement.
Besides Duncan has such an history of trash talking of course he was trash talking LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, compared to Duncan JET is Mother Teresa taking care of the poor people in Calcutta.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
You may just have to shut up and accept the fact the boring old Spurs are better than you.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
unfortunately for Mavs fans Puerto Ricans don't own TV's, and Germans have no souls, or else they'd have their own special groups of foreign assholes blindly bandwagoning their team.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Meh. I don't necessarily believe he was talking about a comp between two of SA's shooters, but whatever the context, he was saying it on the bench, candidly. The one thing I've always liked about Timmy (and Timmy alone) is he lets his game speak for itself...even when it's begun to diminish. :cry

"spurs=class" has obviously been overplayed to the point that it's nothing but a shtick now. Bruce's D wasn't "classy", but I still loved him. Manu's flopping isn't/wasn't "classy", but it is/was typically pretty effective. And Tony's a complete tool, but I appreciate what he gives the team in terms of offensive productivity.

I really couldn't give a fuck less about classiness, as long as whatever my team IS translates to wins.

Muser
03-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Class is just something gnsf loves to circlejerk to, something i've never quite understood because they shit all over Dirk any chance they get and the guy seems pretty classy to me.

Beau
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I really couldn't give a fuck less about classiness, as long as whatever my team IS translates to wins.

You, sir, are not dumbing down a nation. :tu

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
You, sir, are not dumbing down a nation. :tu

:tu

Sisk
03-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I thought kobe turned towards a fan and talked shit after he made that shot.. not the Spurs bench..

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I thought kobe turned towards a fan and talked shit after he made that shot.. not the Spurs bench..

That's what I remember. He buried a 3, and then turned around, stared the fan down, and seemed to just say "Yeah!" Coulda been worse, and the fan prolly deserved worse.

Brazil
03-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Meh. I don't necessarily believe he was talking about a comp between two of SA's shooters, but whatever the context, he was saying it on the bench, candidly. The one thing I've always liked about Timmy (and Timmy alone) is he lets his game speak for itself...even when it's begun to diminish. :cry

so there is really a conspiracy to preserve spurs classiness reputation, man I'm so naive... thanks to help me see the light Fpoonsie.

DMX7
03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Spurs did quit and its not the first game they've quit this season. It's the reg season, so it doesn't matter though.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
so there is really a conspiracy to preserve spurs classiness reputation, man I'm so naive... thanks to help me see the light Fpoonsie.

Are you really this fucking retarded you Francophile faggot? It's not a goddamn conspiracy, it's a little white lie to cover up the fact that Tim Duncan was actually not being "classy" for five seconds.

"Hey was he talking shit about the Heat?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no he was talking about a shooting contest between two shitty backups"

The end. Not a fucking conspiracy, just a little bullshit.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Mavs do the same thing. It's called "put down your crack pipe we're not trading Devin Harris for Jason Kidd"

But admittedly, the Spurs do it much classier.

Andrew Cunanan
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Are you really this fucking retarded you Francophile faggot? It's not a goddamn conspiracy, it's a little white lie to cover up the fact that Tim Duncan was actually not being "classy" for five seconds.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no he was talking about a shooting contest between two shitty backups"

tbh Tim and the Spurs backpedaled worse than KG when he was justifying cancer smack on Villanueva.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
tbh Tim and the Spurs backpedaled worse than KG when he was justifying cancer smack on Villanueva.

or, in Obstructed_View's retarded ass world, Tim and the Spurs just told the fuckin truth :cry Such great fuckin truth tellers :cry

Brazil
03-07-2011, 03:46 PM

so it was a little white lie to cover up duncan ? thanks my lord mono I really appreciate the time and effort you spent to explain to a francophile faggot like me the real meaning of this.

Just to help you too a little, I hope you'll accept nicely my humble remark, I'm French so a you french faggot is enough, using francophile in that case is not 100% correct.

Zelophehad
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
tbh I would buy the fact that Duncan was talking about a conversation between who was the better shooter. He's never talked shit his entire career afaik. If it was anyone else I would think it was bs.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Not to be a dick (necessarily), but sarcasm translates badly enough on ST as is. Adding shit grammar to the mix doesn't really help matters.

Andrew Cunanan
03-07-2011, 03:49 PM
so it was a little white lie to cover up duncan ? thanks my lord mono I really appreciate the time and effort you spent to explain to a francophile faggot like me the real meaning of this.

Just to help you too a little, I hope you'll accept nicely my humble remark, I'm French so a you french faggot is enough, using francophile in that case is not 100% correct.

You're the first frenchman to show any fight since 1918.

Props, brah. :tu

Brazil
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Not to be a dick (necessarily), but sarcasm translates badly enough on ST as is. Adding shit grammar to the mix doesn't really help matters.

The grammar card :lol ! I know I'm french nobody is perfect I'll try to improve my english.

cubby don't do prediction and I don't do sarcasm it's our religion

point is duncan never trash talked (not sure it is grammatically correct) on his entire career, you and mono have inside sources to tell us for sure duncan was trash talking ? We, poor people, have to believe you just because you say so ?

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
point is duncan never trash talked (not sure it is grammatically correct) on his entire career, you and mono have inside sources to tell us for sure duncan was trash talking ? We, poor people, have to believe you just because you say so ?

Oh, ok.

I said that I was skeptical. It may or may not have been bullshit. The point is, regardless of what he was referring to, he said it to teammates on his bench. Duncan's "quiet, humble demeanor" is the only stigma attached to this team that I'd hope would stay intact. I don't think some swagger on the bench, no matter the context, completely nullifies such a classification.

In short...what's the big fuckin deal?

weebo
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Spurs=Class

You bet your aids infested ass stupid hick.

LkrFan
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Oh, like Timmy D claiming the game is over (3 times) at the end of 1 quarter against the Heat? Or how about Coach Pop clapping and leading cheers when you guys lucked up and won that last game in Staples? Yeah, really classy. :rolleyes So classy that it pissed the Lakers off resulting in annihilation on your floor despite a 22 home game winning streak.

As far as Bynum, I wish he would have kept his mouth shut - even if he did think your starters quit. He'll learn though. He's only 23.

lefty
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM

I agree

He is only a french faggot

:D Sorry Brazil

:toast

:married:

stretch
03-07-2011, 04:17 PM
class!

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, Jeff Van Gundy's track record of lying to protect the Spurs is long and distinguished.

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh, like Timmy D claiming the game is over (3 times) at the end of 1 quarter against the Heat? Or how about Coach Pop clapping and leading cheers when you guys lucked up and won that last game in Staples? Yeah, really classy. :rolleyes So classy that it pissed the Lakers off resulting in annihilation on your floor despite a 22 home game winning streak.

:lmao

Like I said, the "class" thing is beyond idiotic, but are you really trying to compare a coach celebrating a last second tip-in for the win to Artest blocking a shot, flexing, and then kissing his biceps?

...speaking of "idiotic"

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
You bet your aids infested ass stupid hick.

Ironical.

stretch
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Just to :cry help you too a little, I hope you'll accept nicely my humble remark, I'm French :cry so a you french faggot is enough, using francophile in that case is not 100%:cry correct.

LkrFan
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
We did bid beat the Lakers 100-81 @ Staples Center, in April last season

The Lakers still won the title later.

So I'm not too worried
Come on southpaw, that same team that beat the Lakers got skunked by the Suns. The Lakers beat the Suns en route to #16.

Be scared. Be very afraid. "Beware of Lakers"

LkrFan
03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
:lmao

Like I said, the "class" thing is beyond idiotic, but are you really trying to compare a coach celebrating a last second tip-in for the win to Artest blocking a shot, flexing, and then kissing his biceps?

...speaking of "idiotic"

But why celebrate? When the Lakers curb-stomped you guys in your building, did they celebrate? No, but they did show championship swagger throughout the contest. Champions don't celebrate wins in a regular season. Pop, TD, Manu, and TP were all yapping it up like the 1999 Jail Blazers. It was a pathetic display. And like I said, it pissed the Lakers off. We saw the results. It was kind of like 2001 playoffs all over again - which was funny as hell to watch. :lol

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 05:00 PM
But why celebrate? When the Lakers curb-stomped you guys in your building, did they celebrate? No, but they did show championship swagger throughout the contest. Champions don't celebrate wins in a regular season. Pop, TD, Manu, and TP were all yapping it up like the 1999 Jail Blazers. It was a pathetic display. And like I said, it pissed the Lakers off. We saw the results. It was kind of like 2001 playoffs all over again - which was funny as hell to watch. :lol

b-3s90fR1ak

Jesus. Act like you've been there before, fellas. What a pathetic display.

Beau
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM

A last second tip-in by maybe the team's most beloved player these days comparable to blowing out a team in the regular season?

Ozzie Guillen says, please...

And if the Spurs have to work in their best perimeter weapon after injury and start giving Timmy epidurals just to get him out on the court for a back injury... I expect you'll see 2001 all over again.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
b-3s90fR1ak

Jesus. Act like you've been there before, fellas. What a pathetic display.

Lkrfan is now property of Fpoonsie.

Beau
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Buy low, sell high.

Probably wanna move this one quickly, though.

LkrFan
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Whatever. Put whatever :downspin: you need to if that will help you forget that ass whooping y'all took. :lol

:flag:

Beau
03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Whatever. Put whatever :downspin: you need to if that will help you forget that ass whooping y'all took. :lol

Help ya boyz out, what you do when the Spurs blew the Lakers out in SA earlier this year and when they got a win in LA even when playing relatively shitty?

Solid D
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
So people have to act classy when they blow the Spurs out? Seriously? :downspin:

I'm not sure what his retort would be to you. You'll have to e-mail Mr. Witz, the Fox Lakers Beat Writer.

Solid D
03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/DDDj-i5IjtI/hqdefault.jpg

Class is overrated.

midnightpulp
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Regular season doesn't matter.

Oh, I forget the double standard of Lakers fans:

Loss=regular season doesn't matter.

Win=regular season matters.

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Regular season doesn't matter.

Oh, I forget the double standard of Lakers fans:

Loss=regular season doesn't matter.

Win=regular season matters.

Sup fag?

RedsLakers24
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa480/FeS19/Animated%20Gifs/TreeFail.gif

Killakobe81
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM

I dont agree with this 100%. I do agree the spurs are probably the classiest team in the NBA ...but I did sense they thoroughly enjoyed busting Miami's ass more than say Minnesota's even though it took two heroic comebacks (or chokes) to ge those victories beacuse miami was the opponent. Also check the way they celebrated dice's tip-in ...not saying i have an issue with any of this. But the articles make the Spurs sound classy (true) but also robotic (untrue) and that is why many people find them boring. Spurs play with fire and heart and passion they just dont showboat when they do ...and it's bullshit to say that in wins against the better teams ...the Spurs dont show even more heart and emotion ...than against others ...

Brazil
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh, ok.

I said that I was skeptical. It may or may not have been bullshit. The point is, regardless of what he was referring to, he said it to teammates on his bench. Duncan's "quiet, humble demeanor" is the only stigma attached to this team that I'd hope would stay intact. I don't think some swagger on the bench, no matter the context, completely nullifies such a classification.

In short...what's the big fuckin deal?

There is no fucking big deal at all. It is just funny to think spurs would lie about such a minor stuff especially concerning Tim who never trash talked in his entire career. I'm quite sure Duncan's "quiet, humble demeanor" reputation is safe.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I do agree the spurs are probably the classiest team in the NBA

That's a royal crock of shit. It's like that song & dance back in the early '80s that coined the Celtics "working men" "lunch box" "blue collar"...and then cast us as "gaudy" "showtime" "finesse"....That was racist code then. Instead of getting mad, we just stomped a mudhole in their ass.

That unsavory business aside this "classiest team" designate for the Spurs is total horseshit with bupkis proof. Neal, Parker, Barry, Duncan, Horry, Bowen, Rodman, Robinson, Rose, Tarkanian, Sweet Pea,,,, on & on.

Their shit stinks just like everybody else's.

TampaDude
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
All this, and you know what??? The Spurs will win the :lobt2: and the Lakers will be sitting home watching it on TV.

monosylab1k
03-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Jeff Van Gundy's track record

The end.

Thanks.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-08-2011, 01:06 AM
haha, people in the comments comparing Tim Duncan's "Game Over" comment, to barking at the bench, flexing and kissing the crowd, and talking trash even when the game is done and in the books. Looks like there's quite a few Laker homers as well.