PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ESPN....

sa_butta
06-02-2005, 08:24 AM
For all of your weak ass anulist picking the Suns to
win game 5. Saying that the Suns built some confidence by winning game 4, and not giving the Spurs enough credit for winning 3 in row. Even after we won the damn game they were still gloating over the Suns season and how it came to an end. I cant believe Stephen A. Smith, Tim Legler and Greg Anthony all picked the Suns in this game. Do they not know how well the Spurs adjust after a loss WTF. I think Greg Anthony said "Im gonna go out on a limb and pick the Suns". Well Im going out on a limb and saying you guys are assholes who dont know shit. And dont even get me started on Bill Walton.
Anyways just had to vent that out.
Congrats Spurs on Another WC title and lets bring that Trophy home.

emveepee
06-02-2005, 08:35 AM
actually. Stephen A picked the Spurs to win. Legler was passive but marginally picked the Suns and Greg A went out on a limb indeed!

Medvedenko
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Yes, congrats to the spurs...ESPN does suck balls...how come they always have commentators that were srubs in the NBA as "analysts"......

Mr. Body
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
What I loved was how Phoenix suddenly was the worst of the Final Four after the game. The same way Denver was suddenly the worst of the first round matchups after the Spurs dispatched them.

ambchang
06-02-2005, 08:41 AM
I thought most of the ESPN.com analyst picked the Spurs to win the series (they picked 4-3 and 4-2).
As for the TV analysts, they just don't like the Spurs for some reason. Anthony had his ass kicked out of the Finals by the 99 Spurs, A Smith has this unhealthy hatred towards Big Dog, and I don't even know what Legler hate about the Spurs.
And it really showed how bad the officiating was when Bill Walton was commenting how some of the calls were questionable and the Spurs have to play through them.

SouthernFried
06-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Most boring bunch of analysts I ever saw...and why do they need so many of 'em?

And Steven Smith looks and acts like a fool

easjer
06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
And it really showed how bad the officiating was when Bill Walton was commenting how some of the calls were questionable and the Spurs have to play through them.

Yeah. We commented on that to each other last night. That when Bill Walton makes sense and you are agreeing with him, then it's clearly bad, very very bad.

spur219
06-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Stephen A. Smith picked the Spurs.

sa_butta
06-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Read first line was talking about them picking Suns to win game 5 not series

greywheel
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
My favorite Walton moment of the night was when he was talking about how Tim always follows Amare to the basket because Amare does not have the stop and hook shot. Amare scored on a hook (although I do not believe it was over Timmy) they're very next possession and Walton was like 'I did not know he could do that'. :lol

Dre_7
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Stephen A Smith picked bouth teams. First he said the Spurs, then the Suns, then the Spurs again! He couldnt make up his mind. :lol

Thats SAS for ya. I guess he figures whoever wins, he can just say he "picked" them!

I was surprised that Tim Leg. picked the Suns!

SouthernFried
06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
I don't care who Steven Smith picks or doesn't pick.

The man acts and talks like a fool.

Hook Dem
06-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Fuck ESPN...........let's get back to TNT & Charles! :lol

SpursChampsIII
06-02-2005, 09:23 AM
If you think the ESPN guys are bad, wait until Uncle Al and Hubie Brown get the series. Al will spend most of his time calling a steal an interception and an assist will be called a feed from Gretzky. Hubie will spend most of his time cutting down the Spurs. Are there any neutral announcers on the face of the Earth?

duncan_21
06-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Who cares about espn, they are the ET of sports. Show you all the flash with no substance. Anytime stuart scott starts trying to talk like he's black I break out with hives and have to run to the bathroom and puke. I know white suburban kids with more insight AND better street talk.

espn can eat a fat one, for the last 10 years they've sucked. Give me TNT for basketball and I'll stick to the Score sports radio from chicago for other unbiased and objective sports thoughts.

sa_butta
06-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Stephen A Smith picked bouth teams. First he said the Spurs, then the Suns, then the Spurs again! He couldnt make up his mind. :lol

Thats SAS for ya. I guess he figures whoever wins, he can just say he "picked" them!

I was surprised that Tim Leg. picked the Suns!SAS initials-San Antonio Spurs..should have picked em.
rearrange the letters and you have an ASS for not picking them.

Spurs R Us
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
The stupidest line of the night was when Amare pushed Parker down after getting a rebound and then went back up for a shot. Of course, there was no fould called and the one annnouncer was saying it was a foul and Walton said, "Is it a foul when you push him down with the ball? There was no body contact, so that can't be a foul."
That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard and there have been a lot of them from Walton.

samikeyp
06-02-2005, 11:24 AM
If the Heat advance to play the Spurs....Al will spend all his time on Shaq's jock just like last years playoffs.

I have said it before and will say it again.....the first part of "analyst" is "anal" :)

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 11:52 AM
The stupidest line of the night was when Amare pushed Parker down after getting a rebound and then went back up for a shot. Of course, there was no fould called and the one annnouncer was saying it was a foul and Walton said, "Is it a foul when you push him down with the ball? There was no body contact, so that can't be a foul."
That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard and there have been a lot of them from Walton.

Yeah, I know. Any chance he was being sarcastic? Not trying to defend Walton, just saying he's not that stupid, is he? :smokin

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I think there are too many white people on the spurs for SAS taste.

Greg Anthony is bitter the spurs didn't sign him back in '00 or '01. He thought it was a lock and the spurs backed out.

Tim Legler has recently changed his tune about the spurs, always sings the spurs praises. He says the spurs have no weaknesses. I don't ever remember him picking the suns over the spurs, and if he did maybe they just remind him of his first love, Sacramento.

zedman
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
actually. Stephen A picked the Spurs to win. Legler was passive but marginally picked the Suns and Greg A went out on a limb indeed!

Steven A. picked the Spurs to win the series, but he did pick the Suns for game 5.

Tek_XX
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
No one hate on Hubie, guy knows what he's talkin about.

Xolotl
06-02-2005, 03:11 PM

I agree with that Hubie is badass. Wasn't he working for the Spurs broadcast team before he got signed to coach for Memphis??

MiNuS
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Why can't the NBA have the wits of the TNT Barkley/Jet and commentating of S. Elliot packaged all together!

I hate ESPN!!!!!! I HATE 'EM!

Mark in Austin
06-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Picking a home team to win in the conference finals doesn't make somebody an asshole, it makes them a realist.

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
06-02-2005, 03:56 PM

I agree with this. Hubie Brown is the only reason I can stomach watching games on ABC. He has no catch-phrases or flash but the man can break down the flow of the game play by play like no other announcer out there. I've been listening to Hubie commentate on games for nearly 20 years and he taught me to look for the little of the game instead of just the fancy shots and dunks. I wish there were more announcers like him.

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I think there are too many white people on the spurs for SAS taste.

I'd hate to think there's truth to this, but it's my gut feeling as well. I think a more accurate reason he hates Rasho & the Spurs is because he thinks that they are not flashy, thug-style players.

Hubie is great, if Sean would learn to do play-by-play they'd be an awesome duo.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I think they should move Hubie to the half time staff. When he calls the game he'll make some very good points but goes so in depth to them that you miss 45 seconds of basketball while he's explaining the dynamic play that took place a little while back. He's forgotten more about basketball than most of the ABC clowns ever knew but he's not very good at expressing it concisely.

Sense
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Stephen A. Smith picked the Spurs for the series..

On game 5 however...he picked the Suns...

Oh and he also said the Spurs would lose in the finals...to whoever it was the Heat or the Pistons.

samikeyp
06-02-2005, 04:33 PM
ESPN makes you appreciate the local coverage and TNT all the more.

twincam
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
wow...I thought I was the only one....

I too agree...ESPN sucks ASS....
TNT Rocks...atleast most of them keep it real and know what their talking about...
Charles Barkley knows his shit.....