PDA

View Full Version : Lakers' Andrew Bynum made the Spurs quit

tlongII
03-07-2011, 11:40 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20110307,0,3006709.column

When the young center plays defense as he did Sunday in a rout of San Antonio, the Lakers are almost unbeatable.

Folks awoke here Sunday morning to shocking news.

The front-page headline in the San Antonio Express-News read, "Alamo Falls at Dawn!''

Forget the fact news travels slowly here in backwater country, as the day would only get worse for the locals. Their favorite sons, the San Antonio Spurs, would get wiped out by the Lakers playing at their season best.

In a town noted for having no quit, Andrew Bynum added yet more embarrassing commentary on San Antonio's collapse.

He said the Spurs' "starters definitely quit.''

They were certainly no match for the Lakers' size. Bynum and those in attendance (Jerry Buss, Jim Buss, Magic Johnson and George Lopez) were probably too much for these quitters.

The Spurs' starters combined to score 29 points, and although Bynum scored only four — a dunk to start the first half and another to start the second half — he took only two shots.

It was his energy, his 17 rebounds for a second consecutive game and three blocked shots that seemed to take the zip right out of the Spurs, who had won 22 straight at home.

The Spurs could counter only with Tim Duncan — who appears ready to make the transition to church league basketball — and a short, fat guy in DeJuan Blair, whose head stands as tall as Bynum's belly button.

As Duncan put it later, "I think [Bynum] was a key to the game, his offensive rebounds, a bunch of second shots, and defensively he bothered a lot of people in the lane. Just his size was definitely the difference."

And some people suggested trading Bynum.

"Why would anyone want to trade Bynum?" said Lamar Odom. I can only surmise anyone who would make such an argument must not be a Lakers fan.

Those who love the Lakers know Bynum sets the team apart from every other wannabe champion.

Bynum, coupled with Pau Gasol, who has the ability to step outside and shoot almost like a guard, gives the Lakers an inside presence most teams can only covet.

All Bynum has to do now is remain healthy. He said he's still not 100%, but if so, then the Spurs have to be freaking out at the thought he might be when they meet again.

He said his knee continues to hurt, including during Sunday's game. He said it was hit, the pain jarring, but it went away. Hard to tell because he ran the court like someone who continually cared about getting from here to there.

"There is no swelling, so that's a good thing," said Bynum, who blocked six shots Friday in the win over Charlotte. "I realize where I can be a huge help to the team, so I'm just putting all my energy into the defensive side of things. I'm trying to get every rebound and block every shot.

"Teammates are probably mad at me because I'm not posting up as aggressively as I probably could be. But I think we're a much better offensive team moving the ball like we are."

With Bynum dominating the middle and altering countless shots, our heroes played like world champs. The first quarter was a masterpiece. If they play better, they will have another Larry O'Brien Trophy to add to their vast collection.

Go right down the list. Each starter played as if they were playing for the team with the best record in the league.

The Spurs looked so vulnerable. Now they have to be hoping the Lakers meet the Mavericks in the playoffs and Dallas prevails.

San Antonio had a 2-0 edge in games played previously against the Lakers, but that was at a time when our guys were pacing themselves. We all know how frustrating that can be.

But something happened after the All-Star break, or was it the loss to Cleveland? The Lakers haven't lost since going belly up, and now Coach Phil Jackson seems to be taking this week of big games as some kind of playoff prep.

The Lakers had the Spurs buried, but it wasn't enough to satisfy Jackson when the bench didn't play to his satisfaction. So he brought back the starters.

Once the game was over, it still didn't appear as if Jackson was all that thrilled with the overwhelming win.

Asked if he was excited, he said with a straight face, "I'm really excited."

"So this is what you look like when you're really excited?" I said.

"I'm bubbling over," said Jackson, and apparently Kobe Bryant was bubbling over just like Jackson.

When Bryant met the media, he looked as if someone had just swiped his favorite pair of shoes.

"Wasn't that the best the Lakers played as a team this season?" he was asked, and he said, "Sure."

"You don't seem that excited," came the reply.

"Why should I be?" said Bryant after winning the first game on a contentious four-game trip. It seemed like a monumental win with Orlando waiting for the Lakers when they return home and both Dallas and San Antonio maintaining the home-court advantage.

"We did good," said Bryant, and so much for thinking this was a laugher.

FOR THE record, Sunday was the 175th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo. The local newspaper reported the story as if it had just happened, quoting one of Gen. Santa Anna's officers as saying, "the assault began at 3 a.m., and firing lasted a half hour."

It seemed different in the movie.

ManuBalboa
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Forget the fact news travels slowly here in backwater countryWhat a phaggot.

The Spurs could counter only with Tim Duncan — who appears ready to make the transition to church league basketball — and a short, fat guy in DeJuan Blair, whose head stands as tall as Bynum's belly button.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/Geesaroni/RageFace.png

Rummpd
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Spurs beat LAL 100-81 last April 4 put this in perspective it was not a fatal loss or anything like that and the starters did not quit - they just got rediculously hot on the offensive end just like Spurs did to Heat and just like the Heat did to LAL on Christmas day.

Spurs will remember Bynum's words and he is an idiot for spewing them.

spursbird
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
You can change your team now, tlongII. Bynum>Aldridge

Ditty
03-07-2011, 11:51 AM
+1

aldridge is overrated

TampaDude
03-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Yawn...one regular season loss... :sleep

Fpoonsie
03-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Wow. That was a pretty obnoxious article.

tdunk21
03-07-2011, 11:55 AM
ok

Seventyniner
03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Spurs beat LAL 100-81 last April 4

This. That loss didn't exactly derail the Lakers' title train.

The Lakers fans/trolls/bandwagoners/whatever coming out now are the same ones dismissing the first two meetings as meaningless.

Russ
03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
The Lakers clung to the Spurs on the three-point line and dared the Spurs to drive -- knowing Bynum was at the rim to stop them.

Part of the counter could be Manu, Tony and Hill taking it hard to Bynum. He'll get his share of blocks but he'll also foul, and that could be his (and the Lakers') undoing.

But fearlessness will be the key.

PDXSpursFan
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Its funny that the 1st word of the article summarizes all: when. The problem is that when doesn't happen very often. Beside his injury problems, a lot of times Bynum gets easily frustrated. In fact he only got 2 touches on the last game (4 pts). I predict that will get in his head and he & the Lakers will stuggle again in the next few days.

benefactor
03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
The writer's memory is not very good regarding that short, fat guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AmR46maXVj0.aAk9Hu4jwRWQvLYF?gid=201 0122824

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I guess regular season wins are only meaningless when the Spurs are getting more of them. When's the parade, Lakerfans? :lmao

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I guess regular season wins are only meaningless when the Spurs are getting more of them. When's the parade, Lakerfans? :lmao

Around the same time as the last 2 years. :lmao

Try again.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I am going to bookmark this article. The asshole has the gall to write this even as the Lakers are 1-2 in this regular season against the Spurs. And paying nearly 1.7 times the salary of the Spurs.

He is only a stupid basketball writer, no doubt, riding Kobe Bryant's coattails. But I wish Gregg Popovich will show this article to the winningest team in the NBA, %wise. Especially to Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair. I am rooting for the Lakers in the playoffs. And wait till they get the Spurs to pound the rock for that one last time.

No one expected the Spurs to have a lick of a chance to have the best record in the league this season and they bucked those expectations and surprised everyone. They will thrash the Lakers in the playoffs (if the Lakes manage to overcome the Mavs, of course). I am booking it.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Around the same time as the last 2 years. :lmao

Try again.

Hey..aren't you the asshole that has been discounting regular season wins? Can't you see that you are proving to be even more of an asshole by gloating at the Fakes' win, when you spewed shit all along saying that the regular season doesn't matter?

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey..aren't you the asshole that has been discounting regular season wins? Can't you see that you are proving to be even more of an asshole by gloating at the Fakes' win, when you spewed shit all along saying that the regular season doesn't matter?

I've only been here since February, but yeah, the regular season means jack shit. Just like the Spurs two regular season wins mean nothing. That puts us back at square one, with the Lakers being the best team until proven otherwise, capiche?

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I've only been here since February, but yeah, the regular season means jack shit. Just like the Spurs two regular season wins mean nothing. That puts us back at square one, with the Lakers being the best team until proven otherwise, capiche?

Then.. are you willing to delete all these crowing posts after your team beat the Spurs in a "meaningless" regular season game? And agree that you are an asshole for being an asshole, capiche?

JustinJDW
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Well that writer defintiley isn't a Laker fan, and isn't bias at all. :rolleyes

NRHector
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Then.. are you willing to delete all these crowing posts after your team beat the Spurs in a "meaningless" regular season game? And agree that you are an asshole for being an asshole, capiche?:lol

Mugen
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM

TJ Simers is pretty much widely-regarded as the most obnoxious writer here in the SoCal area.

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Then.. are you willing to delete all these crowing posts after your team beat the Spurs in a "meaningless" regular season game? And agree that you are an asshole for being an asshole, capiche?

No. One good turn deserves another. If you can dish it out (first two wins), then you gotta be able to take it.

Reciprocity, homes.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
TJ Simers is pretty much widely-regarded as the most obnoxious writer here in the SoCal area.

I am all for freedom of speech and expression. But what gets me is how writers could write such jackshit and be in a job. Tim Duncan had one poor game. He is a HOFer and DeJuan Blair is the worthiest second round pick in some time.. perhaps only less better than Carlos Boozer and Michael Redd. One can criticise their play in a particular game, but writing such obnoxious shit? I suppose the only guys who have the right to write like that are former players who have done it all, seen it all. And no one, even among the best and most smug say such things.

It tells you about the society we live in where such assholes like TJ Simers are basketball writers. Heck, a low level troll on this site is better than him!

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:17 PM
No. One good turn deserves another. If you can dish it out (first two wins), then you gotta be able to take it.

Reciprocity, homes.

I never said regular season wins don't matter, moron. You did. And you contradict yourself. And then do that again. There is a word for that- "Autofellatio". Seems you are an expert at that. Go check with a psychiatrist. It will do you a world of good.

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I never said regular season wins don't matter, moron. You did. And you contradict yourself. And then do that again. There is a word for that- "Autofellatio". Seems you are an expert at that. Go check with a psychiatrist. It will do you a world of good.

Then yesterday must've been really hard for you. Sorry for the reality check, but you had to know it was too good to be true:lol

Mugen
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I am all for freedom of speech and expression. But what gets me is how writers could write such jackshit and be in a job. Tim Duncan had one poor game. He is a HOFer and DeJuan Blair is the worthiest second round pick in some time.. perhaps only less better than Carlos Boozer and Michael Redd. One can criticise their play in a particular game, but writing such obnoxious shit? I suppose the only guys who have the right to write like that are former players who have done it all, seen it all. And no one, even among the best and most smug say such things.

It tells you about the society we live in where such assholes like TJ Simers are basketball writers. Heck, a low level troll on this site is better than him!

:lol You have to consider his target market. He's writing for Laker fans and judging by the BBall IQ of most of the ones here on this site, he's doing a pretty good job of appeasing his constituents.

There are a lot of really, really bad sportswriters here in LA but some good ones as well. Simers is pretty much one of the worst and there are a lot of SoCal people that hate him as well.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Then yesterday must've been really hard for you. Sorry for the reality check, but you had to know it was too good to be true:lol

Lol. I must imagine how bad it must have been for you the previous times the Spurs beat the Lakers..and Cleveland thrashing you...and you having to write in shit that "regular season don't matter" while commenting about games in the regular season in a Spurs forum :).

By the way, the Lakes are still behind by 7.5 games. Thats 7.5 games.

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:24 PM
:lol You have to consider his target market. He's writing for Laker fans and judging by the BBall IQ of most of the ones here on this site, he's doing a pretty good job of appeasing his constituents.

There are a lot of really, really bad sportswriters here in LA but some good ones as well. Simers is pretty much one of the worst and there are a lot of SoCal people that hate him as well.

Aah. That makes a lot of sense. Stupid fans deserve stupid obnoxious writers. :)

armynick23
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
This Writers email: [email protected] ([email protected])

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20110307,0,3006709.column

When the young center plays defense as he did Sunday in a rout of San Antonio, the Lakers are almost unbeatable.

The front-page headline in the San Antonio Express-News read, "Alamo Falls at Dawn!''

Forget the fact news travels slowly here in backwater country, as the day would only get worse for the locals. Their favorite sons, the San Antonio Spurs, would get wiped out by the Lakers playing at their season best.

In a town noted for having no quit, Andrew Bynum added yet more embarrassing commentary on San Antonio's collapse.

They were certainly no match for the Lakers' size. Bynum and those in attendance (Jerry Buss, Jim Buss, Magic Johnson and George Lopez) were probably too much for these quitters.

The Spurs' starters combined to score 29 points, and although Bynum scored only four — a dunk to start the first half and another to start the second half — he took only two shots.

It was his energy, his 17 rebounds for a second consecutive game and three blocked shots that seemed to take the zip right out of the Spurs, who had won 22 straight at home.

As Duncan put it later, "I think [Bynum] was a key to the game, his offensive rebounds, a bunch of second shots, and defensively he bothered a lot of people in the lane. Just his size was definitely the difference."

"Why would anyone want to trade Bynum?" said Lamar Odom. I can only surmise anyone who would make such an argument must not be a Lakers fan.

Those who love the Lakers know Bynum sets the team apart from every other wannabe champion.

Bynum, coupled with Pau Gasol, who has the ability to step outside and shoot almost like a guard, gives the Lakers an inside presence most teams can only covet.

All Bynum has to do now is remain healthy. He said he's still not 100%, but if so, then the Spurs have to be freaking out at the thought he might be when they meet again.

He said his knee continues to hurt, including during Sunday's game. He said it was hit, the pain jarring, but it went away. Hard to tell because he ran the court like someone who continually cared about getting from here to there.

"There is no swelling, so that's a good thing," said Bynum, who blocked six shots Friday in the win over Charlotte. "I realize where I can be a huge help to the team, so I'm just putting all my energy into the defensive side of things. I'm trying to get every rebound and block every shot.

"Teammates are probably mad at me because I'm not posting up as aggressively as I probably could be. But I think we're a much better offensive team moving the ball like we are."

With Bynum dominating the middle and altering countless shots, our heroes played like world champs. The first quarter was a masterpiece. If they play better, they will have another Larry O'Brien Trophy to add to their vast collection.

Go right down the list. Each starter played as if they were playing for the team with the best record in the league.

The Spurs looked so vulnerable. Now they have to be hoping the Lakers meet the Mavericks in the playoffs and Dallas prevails.

San Antonio had a 2-0 edge in games played previously against the Lakers, but that was at a time when our guys were pacing themselves. We all know how frustrating that can be.

But something happened after the All-Star break, or was it the loss to Cleveland? The Lakers haven't lost since going belly up, and now Coach Phil Jackson seems to be taking this week of big games as some kind of playoff prep.

The Lakers had the Spurs buried, but it wasn't enough to satisfy Jackson when the bench didn't play to his satisfaction. So he brought back the starters.

Once the game was over, it still didn't appear as if Jackson was all that thrilled with the overwhelming win.

"I'm bubbling over," said Jackson, and apparently Kobe Bryant was bubbling over just like Jackson.

When Bryant met the media, he looked as if someone had just swiped his favorite pair of shoes.

"Wasn't that the best the Lakers played as a team this season?" he was asked, and he said, "Sure."

"Why should I be?" said Bryant after winning the first game on a contentious four-game trip. It seemed like a monumental win with Orlando waiting for the Lakers when they return home and both Dallas and San Antonio maintaining the home-court advantage.

FOR THE record, Sunday was the 175th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo. The local newspaper reported the story as if it had just happened, quoting one of Gen. Santa Anna's officers as saying, "the assault began at 3 a.m., and firing lasted a half hour."

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Lol. I must imagine how bad it must have been for you the previous times the Spurs beat the Lakers..and Cleveland thrashing you...and you having to write in shit that "regular season don't matter" while commenting about games in the regular season in a Spurs forum :).

By the way, the Lakes are still behind by 7.5 games. Thats 7.5 games.

Uh-oh, you know what that means? LA will have to win in San Antonio, where they haven't won since.....
:lmao

Spursfanfromafar
03-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Uh-oh, you know what that means? LA will have to win in San Antonio, where they haven't won since.....

Ughh.. since Tim Duncan has played for the Spurs.. the Lakes are 38-39 against the Spurs.. including the playoffs.

Ughh..last time the Spurs fielded a completely healthy Big 3 in the playoffs.. the Lakers..ughh..they didn't make it to second round, did they?

again..why are you in this forum during the regular season if it doesn't matter, asshole?

Horse
03-07-2011, 01:41 PM

So does that mean mr. glass has quit 80% of his career? One good game and now the worlds biggest most fragile pussy is talking shit. And what's this coasting bullshit, I knew they would try to discount our two wins with nonsense like that. You coast against goldenstate not a rival that is ahead of you in the standings. Fucking morons:nope

thispego
03-07-2011, 01:43 PM
lololol to the Spurs, this loss means noting. To the lakers, this win means everything. Can't wait to see kobe and fisher cry again this post season, gonbe magical :lmao

John Basedow
03-07-2011, 01:50 PM
lLasFRHQ1h4

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 01:56 PM

All evidence to the contrary. Knickfan, sorry, now Lakerfan masturbating all over himself at a regular season win. We're all very impressed. :lol

arodz
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM

All Bynum has to do now is remain healthy.

DING DING DING!!! There's the problem. He CAN'T stay healthy and THAT'S why they wanted to trade him. So next month, when Bynum's knee turns to cheddar cheese again, let's see how cocky their fan boys....errr....I mean "journalists" are.

cheguevara
03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't see why lakerfan is celebrating so much. Spurs have #1 locked up which means Fakers are gonna fight it out with the Mavs. IMO the Mavs are beating them in a series.

UnWantedTheory
03-07-2011, 04:52 PM

crc21209
03-07-2011, 05:04 PM
:lol And tlong keeps it going...

Bsparxx23
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah the Lakers won yesterday...congratulations ! It is a regular season game where the Lakers were not missing anything in the first half. We still have taken 2 0f 3 games from them. Spurs just need to finish out the season strong and let the Mavericks take care of the Lakers.

Ohh and Bynum is an overpaid overrated bitch...

spurtech09
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
???????alot of haters in here

Capt Bringdown
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Bynum has held TD to 10 points total in the last 2 games! LOL, so I guess he's over-rated, right.

When's the last time our starting center held anyone to 10 points, grade school?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm actually going to laugh when _allas beats the Lakers in the second round.

kaji157
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I am pretty sure there are more chances of Duncan playing better than he did tonight than Bynum keeping this level for 3 more months.

Strategic
03-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Well that's a pretty rough article. I wonder how much $ this sorry fuck will want to give for some of this "back water" one of these days, though you wouldn't catch me turning my back on him. Admit it, the article was just gay. Bynum's precarious knees were brought up. I wonder when they give out at crunch time this year, and for you left coasties that's the playoffs, are you going to cry "it doesn't count, it doesn't count, not fair?

:flag::nope:flag::nope:flag:

Russ
03-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I am going to bookmark this article. The asshole has the gall to write this even as the Lakers are 1-2 in this regular season against the Spurs. And paying nearly 1.7 times the salary of the Spurs.

He is only a stupid basketball writer, no doubt, riding Kobe Bryant's coattails. But I wish Gregg Popovich will show this article to the winningest team in the NBA, %wise. Especially to Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair. I am rooting for the Lakers in the playoffs. And wait till they get the Spurs to pound the rock for that one last time.

No one expected the Spurs to have a lick of a chance to have the best record in the league this season and they bucked those expectations and surprised everyone. They will thrash the Lakers in the playoffs (if the Lakes manage to overcome the Mavs, of course). I am booking it.

T.J. Simers just likes to tweak people.

And not just "backwater" folks from SA -- he dishes it out to USC, UCLA, the Dodgers, the Lakers.

I thought the article was pretty damn funny (and had a few kernels of truth).

m33p0
03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
they forgot to add:

"There's going to be a ticker tape parade along Hollywood Blvd when the Lakers come home to celebrate their victory over the Spurs."

xellos88330
03-08-2011, 03:53 AM
This article is GREAT!!! Bynums comments are AWESOME!!!

Fuel for the fire baby. That is all it is. I am going to enjoy it so much WHEN the Lakers are eliminated by the Spurs. If they are eliminated by the Mavs, it will take a bit of the flavor out of the tears, but I will still enjoy it nonetheless.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 04:12 AM

And not just "backwater" folks from SA -- he dishes it out to USC, UCLA, the Dodgers, the Lakers.

There's no harm in riding the wave of hysteria that's overtaken Laker Nation. Who knew they'd be so excited to get their first win over a team they've publicly dismissed as inferior all season long?

silverblk mystix
03-08-2011, 07:32 AM
This article is GREAT!!! Bynums comments are AWESOME!!!

Fuel for the fire baby. That is all it is. I am going to enjoy it so much WHEN the Lakers are eliminated by the Spurs. If they are eliminated by the Mavs, it will take a bit of the flavor out of the tears, but I will still enjoy it nonetheless.

GO SPURS GO!!!

This.

Also...PJ leaving the starters in...Kobe's little cheap shots and gloating, Artest with his little stunt...basically just the lakers showing their lack of professionalism again...

All this is separate from the motivation that the spurs will naturally have by being beaten on the court....fuel to the fire...

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 07:38 AM
I guess it's human nature for stuff like that to have some value. Don't know how much it has for the Spurs. I predict it will be less than Lebron's feigned outrage over the "game over" clips.

Giuseppe
03-08-2011, 07:42 AM
John Base Dow

maddnezz
03-08-2011, 10:00 AM
And with all of your witty little post it's still 2-1 . Even Kobe and Phil have stated that. When it's 2-2 that debate will be awsome. lol at laker fan over 1 win. But when you lose like the Spurs did on Sunday( which I give The LAKERS not you fan boy props for playing a great game) Your not around.........at all.........ever!:lol

rmt
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
The Lakers clung to the Spurs on the three-point line and dared the Spurs to drive -- knowing Bynum was at the rim to stop them.

Part of the counter could be Manu, Tony and Hill taking it hard to Bynum. He'll get his share of blocks but he'll also foul, and that could be his (and the Lakers') undoing.

But fearlessness will be the key.

I agree with the fearlessness during the playoffs - particularly Manu getting to the rim. Spurs need to use the current rules and force them to blow the whistle. What Van Gundy says about Howard is true - the league wants the perimeter/slashing game and big men are not treated equally in regards to fouls.

Don't know if refs will call the fouls for SA though. Remember the whistle blew for Kobe when Hill just barely made contact with him. On that play, I was thinking WTH?

But no need to for TP or Manu to get injured in what will be in the grand scheme of things a meaningless game. It'll take the perfect storm for the Mavs to make up 5 games with only 19 left in the season.

To the other posters, we can't depend on Bynum getting injured again. LA's length just never stops because they have Odom - they always have two 7fters on court.

Guarding the 3pt line virtually eliminates the Spurs' depth advantage and renders Bonner and RJ pretty much useless. It also forces TP and Manu to do the majority of the scoring. It's pretty much the opposite of the Heat having to help out in the paint and leaving the 3pt line open - all because of LA's length/defense in the paint.

Agloco
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Too bad Lakerfan doesn't get it. See you in the playoffs.

Supergirl
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Headline of this thread is annoyingly misleading. What comes out of Bynum's mouth is an OPINION. not a fact. And it's written by and LA homer who is loose on facts.

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-08-2011, 07:11 PM
What's this writers' email? We all need to send him about 800 messages taunting him when the Lakers fall in the playoffs to the Spurs.

SouthTexasRancher
03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Phucking Flakerette trolls starting phucking idiotic threads. Reminds me that some idiotic morons also fall under the imbecilic ignoramus classification!

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Well I hate the LA Times even more after reading that terrible article.

21_Blessings
03-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Spurs will remember Bynum's words and he is an idiot for spewing them.

Bynum dominated Duncan. In fact, Timmy in all his greatness hasn't been able to do a thing against Andrew the last 3 meetings. What are the Spurs going to do, play Tiago Splinter?

:rollin

Yorae
03-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Bynum dominated Duncan. In fact, Timmy in all his greatness hasn't been able to do a thing against Andrew the last 3 meetings. What are the Spurs going to do, play Tiago Splinter?

:rollin
Come back here after drew does something in the playoffs without blowing his knee.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Tlong you are a Spurs hater it seems, although your team will never do shyt you love to post stuff in here to diss them.

Bill_Brasky
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Tlong you are a Spurs hater it seems, although your team will never do shyt you love to post stuff in here to diss them.

Maybe its because every time he posts non-homery blazer threads in the nba forum people rip on him relentlessly with oden, Roy, injury, and basically "your team sucks" comments rather than discussing intelligent basketball with him.

xmas1997
03-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I think it was a game that CIA Pop knew the Lakers had to win and could be baited into pulling out all the stops playoff style so he could see what they would do and use. He and the team will be ready for them come playoffs.
Did anyone notice how Pop was clearly smiling a lot afterwards which is unusual after a loss.

TheManFromAcme
03-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I don't doubt Drews ability and talent but to underestimate Tim could be fatal. Tim's been in the league now for what, 14 years now?

I know Drew respects Tim, in fact, I remember him being quoted as to say that Tim was one of his idols. If Drew keeps that humility for Tim, It will all work out. The moment Timmy senses disrespect, Timmy could pull a rabbit out of his hat and show Andrew a thing or 2. Timmy don't fool me. He's last hurrah is still yet to reach full fruition.

Mike D
03-09-2011, 11:56 AM

Russ is correct here. In fact, even if you jump on the Lakers boards, you'll find nobody likes this writer. He comes off as a miserable person who often trolls for views/responses. He takes more shots at the Lakers than any writer anywhere.

Not too different than Tlong, really.

Horse
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I agree with the fearlessness during the playoffs - particularly Manu getting to the rim. Spurs need to use the current rules and force them to blow the whistle. What Van Gundy says about Howard is true - the league wants the perimeter/slashing game and big men are not treated equally in regards to fouls.

Don't know if refs will call the fouls for SA though. Remember the whistle blew for Kobe when Hill just barely made contact with him. On that play, I was thinking WTH?

But no need to for TP or Manu to get injured in what will be in the grand scheme of things a meaningless game. It'll take the perfect storm for the Mavs to make up 5 games with only 19 left in the season.

To the other posters, we can't depend on Bynum getting injured again. LA's length just never stops because they have Odom - they always have two 7fters on court.

Guarding the 3pt line virtually eliminates the Spurs' depth advantage and renders Bonner and RJ pretty much useless. It also forces TP and Manu to do the majority of the scoring. It's pretty much the opposite of the Heat having to help out in the paint and leaving the 3pt line open - all because of LA's length/defense in the paint.
We must just stay aggresive, and if there so concerned with the 3 it gives great opportuity to fake and drive which RJ can still do.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Maybe its because every time he posts non-homery blazer threads in the nba forum people rip on him relentlessly with oden, Roy, injury, and basically "your team sucks" comments rather than discussing intelligent basketball with him.

Yeah, poor Tlong. People be fuckin with him when he be non-homery.

Man In Black
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
TJ Simers...AKA the writer who got yelled at by Ryan Leaf. :lmao
UMe0Rz1frdE

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
http://firetjsimers.blogspot.com/

Tuddy
03-09-2011, 10:59 PM

+1.

It is bullshit to say the spurs are hoping the lakers run into dallas to eliminate the lakers. If the spurs push the ball on each possession they will get whatever they want offensively and nullify the lakers length in the paint defensively. The focus will be on defense which should improve as Duncan's minutes increase and if George Hill focuses on that end.

alchemist
04-12-2011, 01:38 PM
:downspin: will they quit again?