PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ainge looking to the future...

Darrin
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
The Boston Celtics have an aging team. The days of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett are in decline. Danny Ainge seems to be looking to the future. So far, the pieces in place are Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green, Glen Davis, Nenad Kristic, Troy Murphy, Delonte West, and Sasha Pavlovic. There's not a star among them, but that could soon change. I wouldn't be suprised to see one of the big 3 (say Ray Allen) be traded this coming offseason.

This is a tricky transition. The San Antonio Spurs did this almost flawlessly, winning the Championship in 2003. They reset the clock in 2003 as David Robinson retired, Tim Duncan, Stephen Jackson, Danny Ferry, Steve Smith, Speedy Claxton, Kevin Willis, were all free agents. Essentially everyone not named Parker and Ginobili was gone if the Spurs chose to blow up the team. They even let young pieces go, and moved Hedo Turkoglu the next summer when he didn't work out for the team. They continued to try and add a mix around their three stars and it led to two more titles.

The Pistons attempted to do it by drafting Arron Afflalo, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson, and Jason Maxiell. The beginning of the end was trading Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo to the Orlando Magic for the pick that became Stuckey. Milicic, despite his reputation, was becoming a solid interior defender for the Pistons and Arroyo was able to spell Billups and run the offense effectively. The replacements--Tony Delk and Kelvin Cato--ultimately couldn't help the Pistons and they blew perhaps their best chance after 2005 to win an NBA Championship. The next year they let Ben Wallace leave because they were worried about his performance over the length of the next contract. The fears were founded, but no replacement was found and they were beat-up inside in the 2007 playoffs.

Did Danny Ainge sacrifice too much to achieve a younger nucleus going forward? The mix can be frail and the mood of the locker room is depressed since the trade. The results on-court have been positive so far. However, when they need to defend the bigs in the postseason, will they suffer?

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Horseshit.

Running Perkins off had nothing to do with preemtive rebuilding. Ainge took Perkins rejection of offered extension personal. The mere fact that he was making 2.3 million this season is the crux of the event. To then begrudge him a fine contract is beneath contempt. Perkins was owed, and Ainge didn't want to pay him thinking he'd stay nonetheless.

Darrin
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Horseshit.

Running Perkins off had nothing to do with preemtive rebuilding. Ainge took Perkins rejection of offered extension personal. The mere fact that he was making 2.3 million this season is the crux of the event. To then begrudge him a fine contract is beneath contempt. Perkins was owed, and Ainge didn't want to pay him thinking he'd stay nonetheless.

Explain signing Pavlovic to a long-term contract, picking up Troy Murphy, and not trading any of his recent draft picks. He was due to lose him and decided to trade him. It didn't have anything to do with being hurt by it personally. He got something of quality for him.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
He didn't get shit for him. Without Perkins he doesn't win in '08. Without Perkins he didn't win in '10. Pavlovic, Murphy, Green, Kristic, they're all forgettable, pedestrian commodities. They're not rebuilding blocks.

Greg Oden
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Troy Murphy is almost 31 and signing Pavlocic to a long term deal isn't exactly setting yourself up for future success.

Horseshit.

He threw ya's a softball, and ya knocked it out park. 'twas nice and easy, like shaved trim.

tee , hee

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
The only youngins from that group are Rondo, Green, and Davis. And Davis's ceiling is a regular starter in the league. Green was the first step towards the future, but all the other pieces seem to fit more into the win now mode. Green was just available at that time and he wanted to pull the trigger already. If he's serious about making a youth movement, we'll see it in the summer.

Veterinarian
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Come on! That's not true--the costume is see-through with a sheer fabric covering her chest. All you have to do is watch her jiggle to know that is her skin and her breasts. It's a lot worse the bigger it gets. I suggest going on Youtube and maximizing it on a computer screen.

I'm all for free speech. Part of the reason I come here is because I know people are allowed to say whatever they want and it usually doesn't get edited. But this is just inappropriate for children. From "mommy what's that" to concerns with older siblings in this home, and, more importantly, the child wanting to emulate this behavior (establishing it as a norm for later in life, asking for an outfit that looks like that one at whatever age they are now), this is just a big problem.

Should we have dildos on the set of Sesame Street simply because kids don't know what they are? Kids mimic these shows--I know I did. I got a cocker spaniel when I was 5 because I saw Lady and the Tramp. My brother had Knight Rider toys. I had Zorro masks because the Disney Channel ran re-runs. We used to fight in the backyard of a neighbor because we all loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

She sings one of her songs. The original version comes on the radio and kids are going to start playing "tag." Some may want to look the part.

Anyone who thinks this is okay obviously has no experience with a child. If you show a child a sexual act too early in life, they will do what they do in most instances--mimic the behavior until someone explains what it is and when the appropriate time for that behavior is.

Booharv
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
The problem is Green really isn't that good. I don't think he's any more than average starter, while Perkins give you skills that are way more valuable and rare.

Red Hawk #21
03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Even if Ainge was looking towards the future he should have given that group of Celtics with Perk and Nate one more chance. I mean, Come on the guys had already won a championship, and came up barely short last year. At least give them one more chance to avenge that painful Game 7 loss to the Lakers last year. Instead, the fool Ainge blows the team up. At least he could've waited till the offseason if he wanted to pursue the Youth Movement. Ainge is a fool.

Axe Murderer
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Come on! That's not true--the costume is see-through with a sheer fabric covering her chest. All you have to do is watch her jiggle to know that is her skin and her breasts. It's a lot worse the bigger it gets. I suggest going on Youtube and maximizing it on a computer screen.

I'm all for free speech. Part of the reason I come here is because I know people are allowed to say whatever they want and it usually doesn't get edited. But this is just inappropriate for children. From "mommy what's that" to concerns with older siblings in this home, and, more importantly, the child wanting to emulate this behavior (establishing it as a norm for later in life, asking for an outfit that looks like that one at whatever age they are now), this is just a big problem.

Should we have dildos on the set of Sesame Street simply because kids don't know what they are? Kids mimic these shows--I know I did. I got a cocker spaniel when I was 5 because I saw Lady and the Tramp. My brother had Knight Rider toys. I had Zorro masks because the Disney Channel ran re-runs. We used to fight in the backyard of a neighbor because we all loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

She sings one of her songs. The original version comes on the radio and kids are going to start playing "tag." Some may want to look the part.

Anyone who thinks this is okay obviously has no experience with a child. If you show a child a sexual act too early in life, they will do what they do in most instances--mimic the behavior until someone explains what it is and when the appropriate time for that behavior is.

i just heard this statement on that 'pardon the interruption' shit on espn.

the cohost (non colored fellow, a fillin) was all into the statement too after the other idiot said it. he beat his chest and was like 'i'm one of those people.'

this incident was typical of the shamefully sorry state of sports media generally.

the spurs dont get credit for beating media darlings phoenix at full strength in a decisive, do-or-die game 6 (hca=automatic win theory)?

these muhjidan assholes are honestly attributing you guys's 4th in 9 to coincidence and fortune. they were ready to award the series to phoenix on the strength of them having split the first four games with you guys and writing the other two games off as not any indication of superiority.

don't get me wrong im not one of these mindless 'mavs are out, i hope some idiot team from the stayte of teyksas wins' assholes. my only interest in remaining NBA finals games is rooted in anti-spurs sentiment.

...than again, i recognize outrageous media bullshit when i see it.

hater
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM
The Boston Celtics have an aging team. The days of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett are in decline. Danny Ainge seems to be looking to the future. So far, the pieces in place are Rajon Rondo, Jeff Green, Glen Davis, Nenad Kristic, Troy Murphy, Delonte West, and Sasha Pavlovic. There's not a star among them, but that could soon change. I wouldn't be suprised to see one of the big 3 (say Ray Allen) be traded this coming offseason.

This is a tricky transition. The San Antonio Spurs did this almost flawlessly, winning the Championship in 2003. They reset the clock in 2003 as David Robinson retired, Tim Duncan, Stephen Jackson, Danny Ferry, Steve Smith, Speedy Claxton, Kevin Willis, were all free agents. Essentially everyone not named Parker and Ginobili was gone if the Spurs chose to blow up the team. They even let young pieces go, and moved Hedo Turkoglu the next summer when he didn't work out for the team. They continued to try and add a mix around their three stars and it led to two more titles.

The Pistons attempted to do it by drafting Arron Afflalo, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson, and Jason Maxiell. The beginning of the end was trading Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo to the Orlando Magic for the pick that became Stuckey. Milicic, despite his reputation, was becoming a solid interior defender for the Pistons and Arroyo was able to spell Billups and run the offense effectively. The replacements--Tony Delk and Kelvin Cato--ultimately couldn't help the Pistons and they blew perhaps their best chance after 2005 to win an NBA Championship. The next year they let Ben Wallace leave because they were worried about his performance over the length of the next contract. The fears were founded, but no replacement was found and they were beat-up inside in the 2007 playoffs.

Did Danny Ainge sacrifice too much to achieve a younger nucleus going forward? The mix can be frail and the mood of the locker room is depressed since the trade. The results on-court have been positive so far. However, when they need to defend the bigs in the postseason, will they suffer?

not even Danny Ainge believes this

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
The watershed event when Media turned from watchdog to lapdog was when teams & leagues started purchasing in whole or part radio stations, tv stations, broadcasting rights, etc. They're not going to cut their own throats. Of course, the common fan/man does not know this because they weren't told because the fox is now in possession of the henhouse.

benefactor
03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
He didn't get shit for him. Without Perkins he doesn't win in '08. Without Perkins he didn't win in '10. Pavlovic, Murphy, Green, Kristic, they're all forgettable, pedestrian commodities. They're not rebuilding blocks.
The goods.

LnGrrrR
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Culby and I are perfectly aligned on this viewpoint.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
The Best thing that happened to Danny Ainge was Horry threw his sweaty dirty towel right in Ainge's face.... nothing else matters....

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Danny Ainge is over-hyped. What did he really do for Boston other than 2007? McHale gave him Garnett. Kevin would have done that no matter who the GM for Boston was. He got Ray Allen, ok fine, give him that. However, he also went after headcase Stephon Marbury. He let James Posey and Tony Allen walk, two integral components of the Celtics perimeter defense. Spent the MLE on Rash and Jermaine, a head case and one with a history of brittle knees. Trading Perkins was a dumb move no matter how you slice it. Too many risks, team chemistry being at the top of the list. Kevin McHale will have his job within 2 years.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
The Best thing that happened to Danny Ainge was Horry threw his sweaty dirty towel right in Ainge's face.... nothing else matters....

& it was the best thing that ever happened for us. Colangelo ran Horry immediately out of town because of that incident. And here's the rest of the story, the origin:::1995 playoffs, Houston is going to beat the Suns, Ainge goes to inbounds the ball off a made Houston basket and purposely throws it hard off the face of Elie. Instead of Elie responding he told everybody to back off. Horry never forgot it though. When he & Cassell arived in Phoenix years later via trade Horry took his revenge on Ainge. Exiled to Los Angeles because of the towel incident, a date with destiny was realized as CWEBB turned his back on Horry, and Robert left him, dead in the ground.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
& it was the best thing that ever happened for us. Colangelo ran Horry immediately out of town because of that incident. And here's the rest of the story, the origin:::1995 playoffs, Houston is going to beat the Suns, Ainge goes to inbounds the ball off a made Houston basket and purposely throws it hard off the face of Elie. Instead of Elie responding he told everybody to back off. Horry never forgot it though. When he & Cassell arived in Phoenix years later via trade Horry took his revenge on Ainge. Exiled to Los Angeles because of the towel incident, a date with destiny was realized as CWEBB turned his back on Horry, and Robert left him, dead in the ground.

Giu
sep
ppe

cobbler
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Should have gone the baseball route to be honest. Most likely would have excelled more, been less of a worthless douche, and most of all wouldn't be associated with the green vermon. Then again... some things are just meant for each other. :toast

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
He couldn't hit the curveball. At all.

tlongII
03-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Well they weren't going to be able to re-sign Perkins so I guess Ainge did what he had to do.

cobbler
03-07-2011, 08:24 PM
He couldn't hit the curveball. At all.

I know... and I stand by the post. :lol

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Danny Ainge is over-hyped. What did he really do for Boston other than 2007? McHale gave him Garnett. Kevin would have done that no matter who the GM for Boston was. He got Ray Allen, ok fine, give him that. However, he also went after headcase Stephon Marbury. He let James Posey and Tony Allen walk, two integral components of the Celtics perimeter defense. Spent the MLE on Rash and Jermaine, a head case and one with a history of brittle knees. Trading Perkins was a dumb move no matter how you slice it. Too many risks, team chemistry being at the top of the list. Kevin McHale will have his job within 2 years.

Even if they don't win another under his tutelage Ainge has delivered. Winning an NBA Championship should never be trivialized. KG couldn't do shit until he got there. Same thing with Allen. Pierce was a lost soul.

Perkins doesn't go down at the top of Game Six, they triumph, Perkins gets paid and everything is topsy turvy.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
suck it harder, bitch :lol

the only thing I suck is Kori's electronic tic o bitties....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
and old, wrinkley ballsack

gui
se
ppe

so that's what they look like..Tyson the ball inspector...:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
yeah old people tend to be old and wrinkley
:lol

really? you a smart dude Tyson you seem to revel in your expertise....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
well now anyone seems smart among the likes of you

that's true...you got me on the balls I'm just not an expert on old man's balls...so I concede the point....:lmao

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
keep sucking them and before long you'll know them like the back of your little black hand :lol

really? that sounds like professional advice to me but I'm just not ready for the big leagues.... :lmao

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:59 PM
My privates are f'ed up since I lost my boner. My balls are always drawn up close. Used to be they'd hang, then at the moment of crisis draw up and bust. That's normal. That's long gone. I've said it before, but, it bears repeating:::value your boner, wallow in it & with it. It will not last forever.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
nah i only know common sense, i mean everything i've said is common sense to the average intellegent heterosexual man. i can't give you in field experience or expert opinion though. try pm'ing luva, or just ask cubby what he likes. that's what i do with my girl

nahh your expertise was on full display....:lol Cully just validated your claims...:lmao