PDA

View Full Version : The emergence of an actual tea party movement?

TeyshaBlue
03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok...so it's modeled after a British movement.....so in that case, I suppose it's not totally organic in it's inception. However, I like the cut of their jib.

http://www.usuncut.org/

lazerelmo
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
EPIC FAIL

I'm all for giving BOA a hard time but this is a lame attempt at "something".

So let me get this straight...

These people are going to solve the whole "Big Corporations not paying taxes" problem by protesting each business that THEY determine is a "tax dodger". Why not cure the disease as opposed to treating symptoms? Go after changing the tax code or the IRS for not enforcing it.

TeyshaBlue
03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Its an awareness campaign at this stage of the game. That's generally how movements progress. Take a look at the UK model. It's enjoying some success and seems to be gaining momentum. http://www.thenation.com/article/158282/how-build-progressive-tea-party

Don't write it off just yet.

johnsmith
03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Nah, write it off right away.......we don't want to try to fix things.

Nbadan
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
EPIC FAIL

I'm all for giving BOA a hard time but this is a lame attempt at "something".

So let me get this straight...

These people are going to solve the whole "Big Corporations not paying taxes" problem by protesting each business that THEY determine is a "tax dodger". Why not cure the disease as opposed to treating symptoms? Go after changing the tax code or the IRS for not enforcing it.

Great post. but....I also agree with Teysha...for right now its something...let's hope it mushrooms into something big...

...that said, people need to be made aware that they hold the ultimate power in a democracy and even still in our corrupt M$M, banana oilgarchy....the power to vote....

johnsmith
03-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I don't know Dan, you are making 6 figures for posting on the internet.....why would you want change?

Nbadan
03-07-2011, 08:17 PM
....other than providing my family a good lifestyle, I don't see money as power or access....those that know me, know that I will give all this up and go fishing/hunting in a heartbeat if all was well or if it all goes to hell...

Nbadan
03-07-2011, 11:32 PM
........a real tea party is already much more along than some of our perceptions...

NvoRat-Tl_Q