PDA

View Full Version : Against big teams, Should the spurs start Bonner?

SinBAD
03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
If the standings stay this is our path to the final
Memphis: Gasol and Randolph.
2 big guys that can rebound and block, score on the block and score jumpers.Blair is under sized and they clog the lane. Bonner would stretch the floor, give parker and manu room to operate.

OKC: Perkins and Ibaka
2 huge guys excelent shot blockers, excellent defenders, Duncan and co will have a very difficult time agasint them.TP and manu will probably have a lot of their shots blocked and contested.Do we start bonner or Dyss?

Lakers:Gasol and bynum
If we start bonner, you force 1 of their bigs out of the paint.If their defense gets destroyed by tp and manu then they take out Bynum and put odom which would help the spurs.

What do y'al think?

honestfool84
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
... i'm amazed you know the path to the Finals, already. who are we going to play out of the East?

i'm glad that there is no such thing as an upset, ala Golden State in 2007.

dbestpro
03-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Maybe, they should go sign Curry and let him slap his 6 fouls of meat of em.

SinBAD
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
... i'm amazed you know the path to the Finals, already. who are we going to play out of the East?

i'm glad that there is no such thing as an upset, ala Golden State in 2007.

provided there are no upsets.u have to plan for the worst case scenario.you cant hope u would see any big teams in the playffs and not have a strategy agasint them.

Curry probably has nothing left.He would justclog the lane even more

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
It's bad enough that Bonner is the first big off the bench and gets most of the minutes regardless of whether or not his jumper is falling. Let's not make him a starter.

Thompson
03-07-2011, 09:18 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping with home court already locked up for the last regular-season game against the Lakers, Pop tries Splitter starting next to Duncan just for the hell of it. I don't know if it would be successful or not, but he seemed to do reasonably well against them yesterday and there's only one way to find out.

itzsoweezee
03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
:lmao

realtimmyfan
03-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Blair needs to improve his defense and rebounding.

itzsoweezee
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
by the way, it's a fallacy to assume that Gasol or Bynum would be guarding Bonner if Bonner started. In fact, i would highly doubt that that would happen. Any of the Lakers could negate his 3pt jump shot.

Obstructed_View
03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping with home court already locked up for the last regular-season game against the Lakers, Pop tries Splitter starting next to Duncan just for the hell of it. I don't know if it would be successful or not, but he seemed to do reasonably well against them yesterday and there's only one way to find out.

Pop won't play Duncan and Splitter together, but it's for a good reason. It's very simple: Duncan is a power forward and Splitter is a center. Wait a second. Why the fuck doesn't Pop play Duncan and Splitter together?

ohmwrecker
03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I can't figure it out . . . it seems like the best way to get maximum production out of Splitter, but what do I know?

Ditty
03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
If the standings stay this is our path to the final
Memphis: Gasol and Randolph.
2 big guys that can rebound and block, score on the block and score jumpers.Blair is under sized and they clog the lane. Bonner would stretch the floor, give parker and manu room to operate.

OKC: Perkins and Ibaka
2 huge guys excelent shot blockers, excellent defenders, Duncan and co will have a very difficult time agasint them.TP and manu will probably have a lot of their shots blocked and contested.Do we start bonner or Dyss?

Lakers:Gasol and bynum
If we start bonner, you force 1 of their bigs out of the paint.If their defense gets destroyed by tp and manu then they take out Bynum and put odom which would help the spurs.

What do y'al think?

the 1st 2 teams aren't really that big, that they will cause us problems in the paint

Spurs will have to be knocking down there outside shots in order to beat the lakers to force the Lakers to come out so Parker and Ginboili can attack the paint with Gasol, and Bynum in the Paint. Gasol's length is really overrated, and Bynum is such a solid big because he is so strong, more than lengthy himself. Lakers are beatable, and there length can be beaten even with small lineups

ElNono
03-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Let's see... if I'm the opposition, do I let Manu, Tony and TD dominate the paint, or I dare Bonner to win 4 out of 7 games shooting 3 pointers, with the added benefit that I likely get a good advantage on the offensive and defensive boards?

# 1 Troll
03-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Nothing will save the Spurs this season, they're undersized and shoot threes and play no D, no chance to win the title. Won't even reach the WCF.

# 1 Troll
03-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Cold Reality

ElNono
03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
So are you really tacker? :cry :cry :cry

# 1 Troll
03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
So are you really tacker? :cry :cry :cry

Truth hurts huh brah?

ElNono
03-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Truth hurts huh brah?

Ashraf with the :sleep

# 1 Troll
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Ashraf with the :sleep

lolololololololololololol. Must suck knowing the regular season facade means nothing. And if you are fortunate enough to meet LA it will be the easiest series for LALA Land. Spurs season= OVUH

ElNono
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
lolololololololololololol. Must suck knowing the regular season facade means nothing. And if you are fortunate enough to meet LA it will be the easiest series for LALA Land. Spurs season= OVUH

This from a guy that can't even look in the mirror while taking a picture of himself? :lol

SinBAD
03-07-2011, 11:48 PM

loooooooooool.this is too funny to read coming from a Mavs fan who havent accomplished anything except regular season success.Spurs dont care about the best record as evident from their past rings, however if you have it why not hold on to it?Bro the Mavs wont even beat NOLA in the 1st round.dont worry about it.

ElNono
03-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Ashraf is a Bulls fan... and chess player, tbh

03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
splitter doesn't get any playing time because he sucks. he'll be more useful next year though.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 12:28 AM
splitter doesn't get any playing time because he sucks. he'll be more useful next year though.

Is this a subtle jab at Pop? If so, I didn't want to ridicule you for the above statement. Splitter isn't going to suddenly get better if he "sucks" now.

Sean Cagney
03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
LOl at fat boy again in here with his pic in his avi talking trash.

Indazone
03-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Spurs need to have their outside shooters firing on all cylinders against the Lakers. That means Jefferson, Ginobili, Bonner. You have to make the Lakers spread the floor to open up driving lanes.

spursince#99
03-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Hey you guys today is my birthday and I'm supposedly going to the game on wednesday...I can't wait and just felt I should let you guys know of the great experience I will witness

03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Is this a subtle jab at Pop? If so, I didn't want to ridicule you for the above statement. Splitter isn't going to suddenly get better if he "sucks" now.
no jab at pop. splitter looks completely lost out there when he plays. he'll be more comfortable next year. he definitely won't be pulling out any miracle games in the playoffs, especially when he'll be buried at the back of the bench.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 02:52 AM
no jab at pop. splitter looks completely lost out there when he plays. he'll be more comfortable next year. he definitely won't be pulling out any miracle games in the playoffs, especially when he'll be buried at the back of the bench.

If Splitter's lost, he's gonna be lost next year. He's not a midseason acquisition. As far as knowing where to be, he's looked better than Blair most of the time, and he doesn't hack at dribblers and foul, he either blocks the shot or just gets good position and puts his hands up.

spurs10
03-08-2011, 03:13 AM
Cold Reality
The cold reality is that you look like someone smacked the hell out of your face, and to add insult to injury, it would appear you are a Mavs fan. Son, you are asking for a whole lotta heartbreak if you continue eating whatever the fuck you are eating and you continue to root for the perennial losers da Ponies....
:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2: