PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: "Lakers Will Win 10 Titles During My Reign"

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Kobe is a bad muthafucker....I wrote an article about this last year...:lol it appears that Kool and Kobe are on the same page....:toast and I get to continue to live my basketball dream vicariously through Kobe...:lol

Remember my "article" titled: "The Pathway to Kobe winning 10 titles" which basically consists of Kobe winning 2 more (to put him at 7) before Dwight joins in 2012-2013. He would then run off another 3 with Dwight to close his career the way he started it with Shaq...basically Kobe will win out until he retires...It's a long-shot I will acknowledge I give it a 50/50 chance... I say Kobe gets 8 since he gave 2 away in 04 and 08 but who am I - if Kobe wants to call it then so be it...I'm in his corner....It appears Kobe has felt this way all along since he was a rookie.

Here it is:

As a rookie Kobe brashly declared that the Lakers (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/topic/article/Los_Angeles_Lakers/1900-01-01/2100-12-31/mdd/index.htm) would win 10 titles during his career, he was asked during a Laker championship celebration whether he'd like to amend that prediction...upward. He said he'd let his estimate stand.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1022832/index.htm#ixzz1FxsG9m3k

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Heh, Kobe will probably win one or two more, but beyond that, who knows. Too many variables in the league even if DH12 comes to LA.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Heh, Kobe will probably win one or two more, but beyond that, who knows. Too many variables in the league even if DH12 comes to LA.

this is the conventional wisdom however, the Mamba has spoken...and the wheels of destiny are now rolling...

XruYFWMkjVE

Jt.ONE
03-07-2011, 08:23 PM
probably won't get 10, but if he gets his 6th this season i'd say he did good by his saying

better than LBJ's "not 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,etc,etc"

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
So he only needs 10 more titles

BlackSwordsMan
03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
lol 10? hes about to retire and hand over the reigns to blake

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
lol 10? hes about to retire and hand over the reigns to blake

Kobe said it before I said it....Blake will have to pry it from his cold dead hands...:lol

Ditty
03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
10 titles as the number 2 option

Juggity
03-07-2011, 08:31 PM
He'll be lucky to make it to six, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
He'll be lucky to make it to six, tbh.

then 7 if he makes 8 then it will be the modern day equivalent of 10....so by my prediction he'd be only 2 off the pace after June...:toast

cobbler
03-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Could be the 12th option for all it matters.... 10 is 10.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2011, 08:35 PM

That would make it tenure not reign

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
The Colorado event was his one failure as a person and a player. It stunted his relentless quest for his goals. I'm sure the silver lining for him rests in the fact that he did it to himself. That failure was his doing, not say Daddy's. It drove him off the straight & narrow of his map and he wandered in the margins for 3 years before rehabilitating himself and finding his way back. When time outside the walls is your single quest everything else dims and moves away.

TampaDude
03-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Kobe has won his last NBA title. Book it.

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
The Colorado event was his one failure as a person and a player. It stunted his relentless quest for his goals. I'm sure the silver lining for him rests in the fact that he did it to himself. That failure was his doing, not say Daddy's. It drove him off the straight & narrow of his map and he wandered in the margins for 3 years before rehabilitating himself and finding his way back. When time outside the walls is your single quest everything else dims and moves away.

but he needed that in a way....he was unbalanced...it seems from the beginning of time we've been dealing with this...Adam sold us all up the river for a piece of Eve's ass....But Kobe's Colorado much better than the cathartic moment of getting pops killed over throwing them dice in Vegas...

cough cough....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM

Now Duncan I agree with...didn't he score like 2 points on Sunday....that old man got some serious issues....

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:49 PM
but he needed that in a way....he was unbalanced...it seems from the beginning of time we've been dealing with this...Adam sold us all up the river for a piece of Eve's ass....But Kobe's Colorado much better than the cathartic moment of getting pops killed over throwing them dice in Vegas...

cough cough....:lol

No. The double whammy of it was it took place during his prime's prime. We lost 3-4 years of that prime because he failed himself & us due to that Colorado event. It shook the very foundation of his being, his liberty was at gross risk. Only the strong male influence of his father, and his family unit enabled him to come out the other side somewhat whole. Even then, he'd had the shit scared out of him and he couldn't function in the regimen he had his entire life up to Colorado. By the time he realized "it was really over" Brown, Smush, Meds, et al were loitering his living legacy.

He didn't need Colorado to succeed. Bryant had a 20 year plan from the time he was 15. He just never included Colorado in it.

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Now Duncan I agree with...didn't he score like 2 points on Sunday

Yep, and if there wasn't a box score we'd never know it.

Budkin
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
5 more titles? Father time has something to say about that. He says no fucking way.

BlackSwordsMan
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
They were 2 crucial points

Giuseppe
03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
:lol

cobbler
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
That would make it tenure not reign

All made up by the post jordan knobslobbers. Jordan came along and did not have a superstar big man. It's rare. Had he a Jabbar, Akeem, or Shaq he would have become the 2nd option as well. The big man-small man combo is well documented throughout history almost always with the big man being the #1 option. Nobody ever dininished Magic's titles because he had Kareem. Why is that?

Because it was never an issue. Jordan passed Magic and Laker fans as well as Magic tipped our hats and said well done. Now that Kobe is on the doorstep and in decent position to surpass MJ's title count, we hear the ohhh but Kobe wasn't the #1 option garbage.

I'll guarantee you this... if the Lakers should be so fortunate to win #17 and 18 and Kobe and Mike are hanging... Kobe's gonna say gotcha and MJ is NOT going to be so weakass as to say something along the lines of "but you werent the #1 option for all your titles".

That's what all you butthurt haters are for...

Koolaid_Man
03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
No. The double whammy of it was it took place during his prime's prime. We lost 3-4 years of that prime because he failed himself & us due to that Colorado event. It shook the very foundation of his being, his liberty was at gross risk. Only the strong male influence of his father, and his family unit enabled him to come out the other side somewhat whole. Even then, he'd had the shit scared out of him and he couldn't function in the regimen he had his entire life up to Colorado. By the time he realized "it was really over" Brown, Smush, Meds, et al were loitering his living legacy.

He didn't need Colorado to succeed. Bryant had a 20 year plan from the time he was 15. He just never included Colorado in it.

Cully I gotta disagree somewhat....Kobe played his best basketball during Colorado...he was coming back from court dropping 40 and 50 on people like it was child's play...yep it was tough but the following years after Colorado and the 04 loss was Dr. Buss experimenting with the likes of Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Chucky Atkins....Kobe played his part to a tee...that period after Colorado was all Mitch simply not "Doing It"...:lol

Check this vid out it is pretty compelling from my point of view:

PR0iXEm6Kyw

Ace
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Doesn't matter what he says, his body will give up.

Jodelo
03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Too bad Shaq left...

cobbler
03-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Too bad Shaq left...

He didn't leave on his own accord. He was let go.

...and it was the right decision too. :toast

ohmwrecker
03-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Horry > Kobe

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 12:41 AM

LOL you seem to have mixed up the wrong HOF top 5 all-time player ... but I won't name, names ... ROFL

BoricuaCJA
03-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I think Kobe can win one more championship before his career ends(I don't think he will this year, :D lol), I just don't think he's gonna get 10.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 02:42 AM
I kinda miss the Shaq/Kobe drama. The early 2000s was a fascinating decade for the NBA. Somehow the NBA got less interesting. Oh yeah, the Spurs and Pistons started to win more. Those teams were very good teams, but difficult to watch at times. Their offenses did improve later in the decade, but not enough to the point where Stern needed Boston and LA back in the finals.

To be honest, the earliest Hornet teams in NOLA were pretty boring to watch with Mashburn always hurt and B-Davis out of shape/always hurt and with PJ Brown our most dynamic interior player and David Wesley our main perimeter scorer. No wonder the city had a hard time embracing the team.

Hard to believe how fast time flies.

Mike D
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm cool with him being brash and making such a proclamation. It changes nothing though. Some fans will dislike him more, some fans will say he's a bad MFer, most really won't care. More importantly, it changes nothing on the court.

It's foolish to believe that willl happen-- downright naive. And 50/50 chances is ridiculous to boot.

Cessation
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
lol 10 titles, his more pressing concern is putting the crack pipe down

hater
03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
so what? Horry has 7 titles. nobody cares. Same way nobody will care how many Kobe piggy backs to

hater
03-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Kobe 4-peats as a leading man. Notches MJ with 7, and the rest is up to Mitch to bring in the replacements for the next dynasty. If Kobe sticks around, he'll be riding in the wagon.

and then you woke up and found a 400 pound black man pounding you from behind