PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - ??? (Tyson Chandler?)

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Manu Ginobili
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Pau Gasol
C - ??? (Tim Duncan? No Way)

damn, the center-position really sucks at the moment...

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:09 AM
How is D-Will 2nd team?

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:10 AM
A 45 year-old Steve Nash and a 80% CP3 have outplayed him.

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Where's Kevin Love?

Rip-Hamilton32
03-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Horford is listed as a C

BRHornet45
03-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Where's Kevin Love?

son he is white so he is automatically forgotten ... I'm not saying its right, just speaking truth.

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Love is a looter in a riot. Nice player, but he already made the All-Star team. Doesn't deserve anything else. Give to Aldridge.

baseline bum
03-08-2011, 04:08 AM
1st Team
G Rose
G Wade
F James
F Durant
C Howard

2nd Team
G Williams
G Bryant
F Love
F Gasol
C Stoudemire

3rd Team
G Westbrook
G Paul
F Griffin
F Nowitzki
C Horford

The Reckoning
03-08-2011, 04:19 AM
is this based on stats or player chemistry?

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 04:43 AM
First:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Derrick Rose
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Al Horford

I nearly put Nash on third team in protest, since he's having about the same year as when he was given Shaq's MVP trophy.

LkrFan
03-08-2011, 05:03 AM
First:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Derrick Rose
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Al Horford

I nearly put Nash on third team in protest, since he's having about the same year as when he was given Shaq's MVP trophy.
I give you an F for this rendition. Rose is a PG, and if he is a SG, Kobe > Rose. Period. For the PF position, I give you another F. No way in hell is Love > TD and TD > Gasol. Gasol just shitted on TD in front of millions just a few nights ago**. And Bynum took a wet dump on Amare and Al Horford this year in two Laker Ws. But they both are better centers than Bynum? :lol

**Spur fans been saying TD will bring it when he is needed to in the playoffs. He just coasting. His production has dropped off because he is playing the lowest amount of minutes in years. Well, you guys needed him against the champs. His response: 2 points (1/7 FGAs), 7 rebs, 0 blocks, (-29), in 23 minutes against a game Laker team. At home no less. Meanwhile Pau was 21/6/5 (+13).

Venti Quattro
03-08-2011, 05:32 AM
All-NBA teams are two guards, two forwards and a center. Doesn't matter if it's PG, SG, SF or PF

So where were you lkrfan when T-Mac and Kobe were garnering all-first team recognitions... together, on one all-first team? Or when Kidd and Payton, who are both PGs won it?

LkrFan
03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
All-NBA teams are two guards, two forwards and a center. Doesn't matter if it's PG, SG, SF or PF

So where were you lkrfan when T-Mac and Kobe were garnering all-first team recognitions... together, on one all-first team? Or when Kidd and Payton, who are both PGs won it?
I knew that, but that's not how he has it. He clearly put the regular lineup out there and did not have what you described. That is what I responded to.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 05:57 AM
I give you an F for this rendition. Rose is a PG, and if he is a SG, Kobe > Rose. Period.
Uh, thanks, Kobefan, but most of this year's MVP voters disagree with you. Nice job on understanding how all-NBA teams work. There are a lot of people out there who will tell you Rose is as much a shooting guard as point guard. I pasted the text from someone else's post and changed the names, so if it's really important to you that I go back and remove the specific designations, I think I'll just ask you to pretend they aren't there.

For the PF position, I give you another F. No way in hell is Love > TD and TD > Gasol. Gasol just shitted on TD in front of millions just a few nights ago**. And Bynum took a wet dump on Amare and Al Horford this year in two Laker Ws. But they both are better centers than Bynum? :lol
So let me get this straight: You just got done saying that Kobe is better than the current frontrunner for league MVP, and in addition to that, Gasol is better than the leader of the best team in the league as well as the guy who leads the league in rebounds, is third in PER, and has a historic record of double doubles. AND in addition to that, you're suggesting that Bynum should be the second team center? I know Sunday's win was big for your team's confidence, but you should probably pump the brakes. :lol

**Spur fans been saying TD will bring it when he is needed to in the playoffs. He just coasting. His production has dropped off because he is playing the lowest amount of minutes in years. Well, you guys needed him against the champs. His response: 2 points (1/7 FGAs), 7 rebs, 0 blocks, (-29), in 23 minutes against a game Laker team. At home no less. Meanwhile Pau was 21/6/5 (+13).

Again, I'm really happy for your March playoff victory, but the all NBA teams are season-long awards, and Duncan's production hasn't dropped off; his minutes have. He's putting up very good defensive numbers despite not playing very many minutes, and oh by the way his team has the best record in the league. If it's any consolation, I'm sure Gasol and Bynum are right up there for Player of the Game on Sunday.

And one last thought: No fucking way Gasol makes the list over Dirk. No fucking way. I feel bad enough putting him on the third team.

So let's recap: Laker fan wants three players on the first or second team, and thinks ONE member each of the teams with the two best records in the league is too many. I keep being surprised at how giddy a regular season win can make the fans of a two time defending champion.

LkrFan
03-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Uh, thanks, Kobefan, but most of this year's MVP voters disagree with you. Nice job on understanding how all-NBA teams work. There are a lot of people out there who will tell you Rose is as much a shooting guard as point guard. I pasted the text from someone else's post and changed the names, so if it's really important to you that I go back and remove the specific designations, I think I'll just ask you to pretend they aren't there.MVP voters are mostly white media types that have hated Kobe since Colorado. Like the refs (mostly white) he will get no love from them. Rose is nice and exciting - can't hate on him - but if I want to win right now, it's Kobe. In a year or two - different story due to Kobe's age, mileage.

So let me get this straight: You just got done saying that Kobe is better than the current frontrunner for league MVP, and in addition to that, Gasol is better than the leader of the best team in the league as well as the guy who leads the league in rebounds, is third in PER, and has a historic record of double doubles. AND in addition to that, you're suggesting that Bynum should be the second team center? I know Sunday's win was big for your team's confidence, but you should probably pump the brakes. :lolIf TD was still better than Gasol right now, he would have showed it against the champs. Less minutes my ass. 1/7 is pathetic. Don't :downspin: it. And I respect TD, always have. But he is not better than Gasol right now. I know you won't admit, but that's ok. As far as PER, get that Hollinger crap out of here. I go by what I see: 2010 and 2011 Gasol > 2010 and 2011 TD. And no, champs don't need confidence. They just need a reason to flip the light switch. You guys on the other hand celebrate lucky tip in 2 point wins.

Again, I'm really happy for your March playoff victory, but the all NBA teams are season-long awards, and Duncan's production hasn't dropped off; his minutes have. He's putting up very good defensive numbers despite not playing very many minutes, and oh by the way his team has the best record in the league. If it's any consolation, I'm sure Gasol and Bynum are right up there for Player of the Game on Sunday. March playoff victory? Who on the Lakers celebrated after demolishing the then 51-11 Spurs? Nobody that I saw. In SBC Center, TD got a lucky lay up for his 2 points. Everything else was shut down. And it's funny how you talk about Gasol and Bynum as if they are afterthoughts. I'll almost guarantee that you guys don't roll out 6'5" Blair at center again (he looked scurred out there the last 2 games) against the Lakers. Especially in the playoffs. :lol

And one last thought: No fucking way Gasol makes the list over Dirk. No fucking way. I feel bad enough putting him on the third team.Fair enough with Dirk. He is a good player. I won't waste my time arguing with you on that one.

So let's recap: Laker fan wants three players on the first or second team, and thinks ONE member each of the teams with the two best records in the league is too many. I keep being surprised at how giddy a regular season win can make the fans of a two time defending champion.
Bynum outplayed the two players you touted as being better then him. Some stats are hollow and you know it. Bynum impacts the Lakers team on both sides of the ball more so than either of those two. But we can agree to disagree on that too if you like.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Although a fan of his, I would bump Dwill to 3rd team ... and could even understand if he was bumped off. Needs a strong finish to make ALL-NBA IMHO ...

He had a great start but wrist injury has hampered him. Same for Paul who has been inconsistent after a hot start ...

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
2nd and nthird centers are iffy at best ...

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 08:14 AM
MVP voters are mostly white media types that have hated Kobe since Colorado. Like the refs (mostly white) he will get no love from them. Rose is nice and exciting - can't hate on him - but if I want to win right now, it's Kobe. In a year or two - different story due to Kobe's age, mileage.
Poor Kobe. Must suck being the only black guy in the league. All those racists voting for white guys like Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard. Kobe's destined to go his entire career without a league MVP award.

BTW, put Derrick Rose on the Lakers THIS YEAR and they're in first or second in the west, especially with a first team power forward and a second team center next to him. :lol

If TD was still better than Gasol right now, he would have showed it against the champs. Less minutes my ass. 1/7 is pathetic. Don't :downspin: it. And I respect TD, always have. But he is not better than Gasol right now. I know you won't admit, but that's ok. As far as PER, get that Hollinger crap out of here. I go by what I see: 2010 and 2011 Gasol > 2010 and 2011 TD. And no, champs don't need confidence. They just need a reason to flip the light switch. You guys on the other hand celebrate lucky tip in 2 point wins.
And the season is only one game. It's not even three games because the two the Spurs actually won don't count. Sorry for having one Spur on the list. I know they lost the only important game of the season so far. If champs don't need confidence, why is their fanbase so insecure that they have to challenge someone else's all-NBA selections and whine about Dice's tip in? :lol

March playoff victory? Who on the Lakers celebrated after demolishing the then 51-11 Spurs? Nobody that I saw.
You must have missed Kobe and Artest respectively flexing and pumping their fists and Bynum jubilantly spilling his guts to the nearest microphone. They obviously did all those things against Charlotte and Minnesota.

In SBC Center, TD got a lucky lay up for his 2 points. Everything else was shut down. And it's funny how you talk about Gasol and Bynum as if they are afterthoughts. I'll almost guarantee that you guys don't roll out 6'5" Blair at center again (he looked scurred out there the last 2 games) against the Lakers. Especially in the playoffs.
I'm fuzzy on how any of this has anything to do with my all-NBA selections, but you're really excited about that win on Sunday, so I understand. Must be nice not to feel like losers for the first time this season without having to hurl insults at the team that's still ahead of...well, you're still hurling insults. :lol

Bynum outplayed the two players you touted as being better then him. Some stats are hollow and you know it. Bynum impacts the Lakers team on both sides of the ball more so than either of those two. But we can agree to disagree on that too if you like.
The head to head metric as an all-NBA selection criterion is pretty complex, but the "how did they do against the Lakers" metric hasn't really caught on as the defining factor in selection. I do find it interesting that you go into immense detail to give me stats on a single game to make a case for one player, but discount specific stats on another or just throw them all out the window and blame racism if it's not in your favor. I'd ask if you were for real, but I don't think I really want to know if you actually are.

Since you didn't do your all-NBA team, and instead cried about why my opinions aren't valid, I'll do your list for you:

1st Team
G Fisher
G Kobe
F Odom
F Gasol
C Bynum

2nd Team
G Steve Blake
G Shannon Brown
F Artest
F Chuck Person
C Phil Jackson

3rd Team
G That girl Kobe raped, because his DNA is on her face
G Derrick Rose, even though he's white
F Brian Shaw
F Mitch Kupchak
C Andrew Bynum's leftover awesomeness.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Although a fan of his, I would bump Dwill to 3rd team ... and could even understand if he was bumped off. Needs a strong finish to make ALL-NBA IMHO ...

He had a great start but wrist injury has hampered him. Same for Paul who has been inconsistent after a hot start ...

Agreed on both points. Total logjam. Lots of talented guys, lots of guys putting up numbers, and other guys putting up wins. There's any number of ways to go. My first draft had Williams on first team, and he just kept getting bumped down.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Uh, thanks, Kobefan, but most of this year's MVP voters disagree with you. Nice job on understanding how all-NBA teams work. There are a lot of people out there who will tell you Rose is as much a shooting guard as point guard. I pasted the text from someone else's post and changed the names, so if it's really important to you that I go back and remove the specific designations, I think I'll just ask you to pretend they aren't there.

So let me get this straight: You just got done saying that Kobe is better than the current frontrunner for league MVP, and in addition to that, Gasol is better than the leader of the best team in the league as well as the guy who leads the league in rebounds, is third in PER, and has a historic record of double doubles. AND in addition to that, you're suggesting that Bynum should be the second team center? I know Sunday's win was big for your team's confidence, but you should probably pump the brakes. :lol

Again, I'm really happy for your March playoff victory, but the all NBA teams are season-long awards, and Duncan's production hasn't dropped off; his minutes have. He's putting up very good defensive numbers despite not playing very many minutes, and oh by the way his team has the best record in the league. If it's any consolation, I'm sure Gasol and Bynum are right up there for Player of the Game on Sunday.

And one last thought: No fucking way Gasol makes the list over Dirk. No fucking way. I feel bad enough putting him on the third team.

Not really agreeing with anyone here, but let me get this straight. So it's foolish for someone to say that Rose>Kobe because of MVP voting? And it's also foolish for someone to overlook Love because of PER ...

But kobe has a far superior PER to rose. how does that make sense? I am not saying you are wrong. But your argument is very inconsistent and on a very shaky foundation. You cant pick and choose when PER matters and when MVP media voting matters IN THE SAME FREAKING THREAD/ARGUMENT and expect people to take you seriously...

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 08:25 AM
LOL rondo and rose as the starting backcourt whomever put that is just as silly as the whomever posted the "Laker edition" of the ALL NBA teams ...

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
BTW ...

G Rose
G Kobe
F Lebron
F Dirk
C Dwight

G Wade
G Westbrook
F Durant
F Amare
C Pau (no really good choices here so I'll cheat)

G Rondo
G Manu (I initially said montae Ellis)
F Melo
F Love
F/C Blake Not a center but I'll cheat

this last group is my all stat team ... EXCEPT Manu but I don't see how you can NOT have a spur on this team ...and the other guys have put up too good of numbers to ignore ...Id rather blake get nod than Nene or any lessor player ...

endrity
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
The first team is pretty much decided at this point, unless someone goes through a major rampage or slump in the last month:

PG Rose
SG Bryant
SF LeBron
PF Dirk (If he doesn't get injured he is probably frontrunner for the MVP, it will be a no brainer, and the other key competitor is Durant who had his struggles especially early this season)
C Howard

With the exception of the PG position I think the second team is decided as well

PG Westbrook (CP3 and Deron could be here I guess but Westbrook has had in my view a more impactful season)
SG Wade
SF Durant
PF Amare
C Gasol (no other good one to put here, and Gasol probably had his best period playing center)

Third team, I guess you could put a lot more names here
PG CP3
SG Ginobili
F Love
F Griffin
C LaMarcus Aldrige

I think it's fair to mention the last three for the amazing seasons they've had.
Honorable mentions: Nash (having his best PER season ever), Rondo (leading in assists), Z-Bo (leading a severely underrated Memphis back to the playoffs), Parker, Melo, Al Horford (for becoming arguably the most important player in that Atlanta team)

endrity
03-08-2011, 08:57 AM
BTW ...

G Rose
G Kobe
F Lebron
F Dirk
C Dwight

G Wade
G Westbrook
F Durant
F Amare

G Rondo
F Melo
F Love

this last group is my all stat team ... EXCEPT Manu but I don't see how you can NOT have a spur on this team ...and the other guys have put up too good of numbers to ignore ...Id rather blake get nod than Nene or any lessor player ...

good to know that someone was posting pretty much same stuff i was at the same time

TheRealCB
03-08-2011, 09:18 AM
First:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Derrick Rose
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Al Horford

Just give me one f*in reason to put Duncan on 2nd team and Dirk on 3rd...Seriously..

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Just give me one f*in reason to put Duncan on 2nd team and Dirk on 3rd...Seriously..

4 rings faggot.

also, :cry because he's so good at yelling "game over" about a shooting contest between two shitty backups, and NOT about the fact that they were curbstomping Miami. Disagree with that? Jeff Mothafuckin Van Mothafuckin Gundy says otherwise beyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch!

ohmwrecker
03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
First:

PG Derrick Rose
SG Kobe Bryant
SF LeBron James
PF Amare Stoudemire
C Dwight Howard

Second:

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Kevin Durant
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Tim Duncan

Third:

PG Russell Westbrook
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Blake Griffin
C Nene Hilario

stretch
03-08-2011, 10:51 AM
1st Team
G Rose
G Wade
F James
F Durant
C Howard

2nd Team
G Williams
G Bryant
F Love
F Gasol
C Stoudemire

3rd Team
G Westbrook
G Paul
F Griffin
F Nowitzki
C Horford

First:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Derrick Rose
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Al Horford

:rollin at any dumbass putting Timmy, Pau, or Love ahead of Dirk.

And Nash rightfully earned his MVP trophy. Took his team from being a 29 win team and one loss away from having the worst record in the West, to a 62 win team, the #1 seed in the West, and the WCF. Nash was the hands-down #1 guy on his team, while Shaq wasn't neccesarily the hands-down #1 for the Heat (lol Wade). Not to mention, the Heat was already a top-4 seed team in the East who got to the second round before Shaq came on board.

Nash deserved every bit of that MVP award, and there shouldnt be any question about it.

Greg Oden
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Obstructed_View's sole purpose of posting in this thread is to let others who don't visit upstairs get a sample of how retarded he is.

Nick Manning
03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
1st:

PG: Rose
SG: Bryant
SF: James
PF: Dirk
C: Howard

At SG Wade could win, but Kobe is probably the better choice
If the Heat continue to lose against elite teams (with LBJ choking), and OKC finishes with a better record, then you could possibly see Durant sneak in there...but I seriously doubt it.
At PF it's Dirk's to lose...only STAT could threaten him here. In the future this spot will be the sole ownership of Blake Griffin.

Leetonidas
03-08-2011, 11:04 AM
1st:

Howard
Durant
James
Wade
Rose

2nd:

Stoudemire
Nowitzki
Anthony
Bryant
Williams

3rd:

Duncan
Gasol
Aldridge
Ginobili
Westbrook

I know Paul will probably get in based on reputation but he's been playing like shit for awhile now.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice call with LA as 3rd team center ...I would take him over Blake or Love forgot about him ... He has played some center so not a huge stretch ...

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
1st:

PG: Rose
SG: Bryant
SF: James
PF: Dirk
C: Howard

At SG Wade could win, but Kobe is probably the better choice
If the Heat continue to lose against elite teams (with LBJ choking), and OKC finishes with a better record, then you could possibly see Durant sneak in there...but I seriously doubt it.
At PF it's Dirk's to lose...only STAT could threaten him here. In the future this spot will be the sole ownership of Blake Griffin.

I don't think Dirk has first team locked at all. I could see him being bumped to second team. The Mavs are winning but Dirk's numbers are on the downside across the board. It suggests that he has a much more balanced team to cover up his slide in production similar to what Tim Duncan started going through a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if Golden Boy Durant is on the first team in Dirk's spot. His team is winning at a decent clip and he's leading the league in scoring again.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
LOL no way Wade gets it over kobe ...

Jt.ONE
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
first:

Pg - derrick rose
sg - kobe bryant
sf - lebron james
pf - dirk nowitzki
c - dwight howard

+1

Jt.ONE
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Golden Boy Durant is on the first team in Dirk's spot. His team is winning at a decent clip and he's leading the league in scoring again.

i never liked how manipulatable the spots could be.
there needs to be a clearcut choice for each position pg/sg/sf/pf/c and that player should only qualify for his natural position

i.e, wade/bryant both on ALL-NBA though they are both naturally SGs.

shits not right :nope

LnGrrrR
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I agree with MavFan's number 1.

I think the only C with a chance of making it is Rondo (3rd team), and even then, I'd say his odds are only 20% or so. Rose has virtually locked up 1st Team, and then you have DWill, Nash, Rondo and CP3 all competing for the other two spots. (And that's not even counting the fact that they don't go strictly SG/PG, so there's a chance a PG gets bumped for an SG.)

badfish22
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
:lol spurfans putting Kevin Love on the first team.

What retards.

MavFan6488
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't think Dirk has first team locked at all. I could see him being bumped to second team. The Mavs are winning but Dirk's numbers are on the downside across the board.
dirk's minutes are down, that's why his points/rebounds are on the downside. but he's shooting a career-high 53% from the floor and a career-high 43% from 3 (and this is his 13th season btw). kevin durant can only dream of dirks efficiency. he only scores more points because he plays more (+5.4 min), shoots more (+4.4 fga) and gets to the freethrow line more (+2.8 fta) . and he has an all-star pg running the show. dirk is the far better player this season. but it wouldn't surprise me if durant makes the first-team instead because he's an overhyped kid and he isn't german.

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Love is a looter in a riot. Nice player, but he already made the All-Star team. Doesn't deserve anything else. Give to Aldridge.

lul whut?

50+ straight double-doubles? naaaaaaaaah.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Obstructed_View's sole purpose of posting in this thread is to let others who don't visit upstairs get a sample of how retarded he is.

LOL Oden with the smackdown ...

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 04:22 PM
1st

rose
kobe
lebron
dirk
dwight

2nd
westbrook
manu
durrant
amare
horford

3rd
rondo
wade
melo
love
????? no idea

LkrFan
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Poor Kobe. Must suck being the only black guy in the league. All those racists voting for white guys like Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard. Kobe's destined to go his entire career without a league MVP award.No, he is the only black guy that got accused of raping a white girl and causing a lot of negative publicity for the league. Big difference. What you are spewing is silly because you know what I meant.

BTW, put Derrick Rose on the Lakers THIS YEAR and they're in first or second in the west, especially with a first team power forward and a second team center next to him. :lolYour blind hate for Kobe allows you to believe that. I've stated that in a few years I would rather have Rose but not right now. Kobe is clearly the best SG in the game and arguably still the best player in the game. He just doesn't need to dunk 5 times a game to make sportscenter highlights to prove it. His peers knows whats up though.

And the season is only one game. It's not even three games because the two the Spurs actually won don't count. Sorry for having one Spur on the list. I know they lost the only important game of the season so far. If champs don't need confidence, why is their fanbase so insecure that they have to challenge someone else's all-NBA selections and whine about Dice's tip in? :lolNo it's not a one game season. You guys got lucky in Staples and blown out in the last game. It could have easily been 2-1 in favor of LA. Don't confuse the champs needing confidence with fans talking trash. Trust me, the Lakers can go into anyone's gym and bust them in the mouth. You guys have a terrific record and I give you that. But all it takes is one game for LA to take back HCA. From the looks of Sunday, that won't be too hard. If any fanbase is insecure, it sure ain't the Lakers'. We talk shit come rain sleet or snow. :lol

You must have missed Kobe and Artest respectively flexing and pumping their fists and Bynum jubilantly spilling his guts to the nearest microphone. They obviously did all those things against Charlotte and Minnesota.Artest is a funny dude. If you were not a Spurs' fan you would have laughed. He even clowned Miami for crying on national tv. Kobe on the other hand was being hacked by Manu and heckled by some drunk Spur fan. He absolutely had the right to bust Manu's ass out there. As far as Bynum, he spoke the truth. Parker had 14 points and the rest of your starters had 15. They quit and he called them out on it. Plain and simple.

I'm fuzzy on how any of this has anything to do with my all-NBA selections, but you're really excited about that win on Sunday, so I understand. Must be nice not to feel like losers for the first time this season without having to hurl insults at the team that's still ahead of...well, you're still hurling insults. :lol Well, agree to disagree then. Only a hater would put anyone ahead of Kobe right now. Despite not being top 11 in FTAs, he is still right up there as a scorer in the league. Even in his 15th year.

The head to head metric as an all-NBA selection criterion is pretty complex, but the "how did they do against the Lakers" metric hasn't really caught on as the defining factor in selection. I do find it interesting that you go into immense detail to give me stats on a single game to make a case for one player, but discount specific stats on another or just throw them all out the window and blame racism if it's not in your favor. I'd ask if you were for real, but I don't think I really want to know if you actually are.I threw that out there to mess with you. To me head to head metrics are important when two teams matchup in the playoffs. I pointed out that Bynum won both matchups because it's true. In today's NBA it is about the matchups. Stats do lie. You look at the box score and see Bynum had 4 points against you guys. That looks pathetic if you didn't watch the game. He could have absolutely gotten anything he wanted out there (started each half with an emphatic dunk). Instead, he dominated defensively. What the stats don't show is how many would be layup attempts he averted, how many jumpers he caused because players were scared to go in the paint. The stats do show his dominating 17 rebounds and multiple offensive rebounds though.

The bolded in your post: No immense detail needed. I just looked at the box score and reported what I saw. :lol Again Kobe is being black balled by white people because he was accused of raping an innocent white girl (who just so happened to have 3 different strands of DNA in her panties when she was examined by doctors). In other words Kobe wasn't the only one that hit that shit.

As far as your Love selection as All NBA. Lamar Odom could put up the same numbers if he were on that shitty team. Ditto for Pau. If you give Bynum his own team (he is 3rd option at best on this Laker team) he would give you 20/10/3 in his sleep. He is just too big to not get his numbers. Again Love is ok offensively and couldn't guard a chair defensively. He'll be the Dominique Wilkins or Barkley of his era. Gaudy stats with no :lobt: to speak of.

Since you didn't do your all-NBA team, and instead cried about why my opinions aren't valid, I'll do your list for you:
This one made me laugh. I'm not the blind Laker homer you think I am. :lol

hater
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
1st:
Derrick Rose
Manu Ginobili
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

2nd:
Tony Parker
Roddy Beaubois
Caron Butler
Carlos Boozer
Tim Duncan

3rd:
George Hill
Gary Neal
Shawn Marion
Dejuan Blair
Joaquim Noah

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
1st:
Derrick Rose
Manu Ginobili
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

2nd:
Tony Parker
Roddy Beaubois
Caron Butler
Carlos Boozer
Tim Duncan

3rd:
George Hill
Gary Neal
Caron Butler
Dejuan Blair
Joaquim Noah

:lmao :lmao :lmao

jim duncan over dwight. in fact dwights not even there.

LnGrrrR
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Someone's sarcasm meter is busted.

cesare borgia
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Zach Randolph is better than Gasol this year! Gasol don't deserve to make it this year!

hater
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM

I only root for 3 teams. Spurs, Bulls, Mavs. In that order.

:pctoss my wingmen blow but at least I didnt put Dick Jefferson in there

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I only root for 3 teams. Spurs, Bulls, Mavs. In that order.

:pctoss my wingmen blow but at least I didnt put Dick Jefferson in there

fair enough, my 1st team of 5 clones of aaron aflallo wouldn't work either.

Mugen
03-08-2011, 05:41 PM
pretty tough to debate the first team of:

Rose
Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Howard

The only one you could probably make a case for is Wade/Kobe but KB's picked it up since the All Star Break while Wade/Heat have struggled.

lol @ anybody putting KD or Amare above Dirk.

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
dirk is in the mvp discussion, therefore is a lock for first team

Axe Murderer
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
BTW ...

G Rose
G Kobe
F Lebron
F Dirk
C Dwight

G Wade
G Westbrook
F Durant
F Amare

G Rondo
F Melo
F Love

this is a really good list. I agree completely with your first team and second team.

As for your third team, it's pretty close but I have a feeling that Pierce will get the nod over Ginobili, I think Duncan will be the C, and it will be a toss up between Love/Griffin for the Forward spot

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM

Really? He' "nearly" leading the Suns to another 62 win season?

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM

The Suns are doing fine. They're about to make the playoffs.

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
3rd:

Duncan
Gasol
Aldridge
Ginobili
Westbrook

I know Paul will probably get in based on reputation but he's been playing like shit for awhile now.

Are you trying to say that Tim Duncan being on the 3rd all NBA team is based off something other than reputation?

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Paul is having a better season than Duncan.

FkLA
03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Why is Love getting votes? I'd understand maybe a third team selection if he played center, only because that position is so weak...but theres no way he should even come close to sniffing All-NBA at the PF spot.

TD 21
03-08-2011, 06:35 PM
son he is white so he is automatically forgotten ... I'm not saying its right, just speaking truth.

You mean, he's automatically over hyped.

People need to stop comparing Duncan to prime Duncan and start comparing him to every other NBA center not named Howard, because he's the best of the rest. Because there aren't three legit All-NBA caliber centers, look for Gasol to be shifted to center, to make way for a more deserving forward.

Predictions . . .

1st team:

F- James, Nowitzki
C- Howard
G- Bryant, Rose

2nd team:

F- Durant, Stoudemire
C- Gasol
G- Wade, Paul

3rd team:

F- Garnett, Pierce
C- Duncan
G- Ginobili, Rondo

Remember, this isn't the All-Star team. All-NBA is about winning more so than it is stats. Guys like Griffin and Love aren't on good enough teams to make it and guys like Aldridge and Westbrook have had one season at an All-NBA caliber level. Two normally perennial guys are on the bubble: Anthony and Williams. Because of the "Melo drama" and Williams' supposed role in Sloan stepping down, look for voters to penalize them, while simultaneously making room for old standbys such as Garnett.

I wouldn't switch much from that. I'd swap Nowitzki and Durant, Bryant and Wade and I'd have Aldridge/Horford/Randolph in the mix for Garnett's spot and Nash/Parker/Westbrook in the mix for Rondo's spot.

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 06:53 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao this is too much.

When comparing Duncan's career to a league that has historically had dominant centers like Kareem, Olajuwon or Shaq who have led their team to multiple titles while having a lot less dominant PFs who have rarely ever been the alpha dog who led his team to a title, Duncan is a power forward. That way he's the GOAT at his position with more on his resume than the likes of Charles Barkley or Karl Malone.

All the sudden, when current day Duncan is in a league that has shit at center and tons of talent at power forward, Duncan deserves an all NBA award because he's better than all centers other than Dwight Howard (as if being better than all centers not named Dwight Howard means something). I don't understand how a fan base that raves so much about winning and not caring about meaningless awards goes to this kinds of depths to add meaningless awards to Duncan's resume.

Koolaid_Man
03-08-2011, 06:56 PM
First:

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - ??? (Tyson Chandler?)

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Manu Ginobili
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Pau Gasol
C - ??? (Tim Duncan? No Way)

damn, the center-position really sucks at the moment...

Hey my man...ALL NBA teams don't = Championships...Just give Kool the Lakers starting 5 and call it a day....:toast

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
People need to stop comparing Duncan to prime Duncan and start comparing him to every other NBA center not named Howard
Sounds good. After we're done doing that, we can compare him to the all time great centers and see where he ranks all time among others at his position.

Because there aren't three legit All-NBA caliber centers, look for Gasol to be shifted to center, to make way for a more deserving forward.
Amare has played by far more minutes at C than power forward this year, so by this logic, he'd also be moved up to C to make way for a power forward who has had a much more impressive season than all-time great center Tim Duncan.

guys like Aldridge and Westbrook have had one season at an All-NBA caliber level.
Wait, so Aldridge and Westbrook not being elite prior to the 2010-2011 season somehow hurts their chances to make an All NBA team that is supposed to be based off the 2010-2011 season? Where does this logic come from?

FkLA
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM

When comparing Duncan's career to a league that has historically had dominant centers like Kareem, Olajuwon or Shaq who have led their team to multiple titles while having a lot less dominant PFs who have rarely ever been the alpha dog who led his team to a title, Duncan is a power forward. That way he's the GOAT at his position with more on his resume than the likes of Charles Barkley or Karl Malone.

All the sudden, when current day Duncan is in a league that has shit at center and tons of talent at power forward, Duncan deserves an all NBA award because he's better than all centers other than Dwight Howard (as if being better than all centers not named Dwight Howard means something). I don't understand how a fan base that raves so much about winning and not caring about meaningless awards goes to this kinds of depths to add meaningless awards to Duncan's resume.

Son tbh at this point in his career, with his mobility deteriorating Duncan is much more of a C than a PF. In his prime he was never a true PF but he wasnt a true C either...more of a PF/C hybrid. He did alot of thing out on the court that guys like Shaq, KAJ, and Wilt were never able to do. He was able to take slower players off the dribble, had good range, and I even remember (and miss :cry) Timmy running fastbreaks and making the right passes. Dude was way too skilled to be considered a true Center imo, although to be fair he also played way too big to be considered a true PF as well.

Axe Murderer
03-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Son tbh at this point in his career, with his mobility deteriorating Duncan is much more of a C than a PF.

:lmao

since when did losing athleticism all of a sudden mean you change positions?

FkLA
03-08-2011, 07:14 PM
:lmao

since when did losing athleticism all of a sudden mean you change positions?

Did u read the rest of the post?

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Let me get this straight -

in order to be considered a true center you can't be able to take someone slower than you off the dribble, you can't have a good jumper, and you can't make the right passes (it's time let Hakeem Olajuwon know that he might have been the starting center on two title teams but he wasn't a center.

in order to be considered a true power forward, you can only play so "big". If Kevin Garnett wants to be considered a power forward, he better stop playing like a 7 footer and lessen his defensive presence to that of someone several inches shorter.

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Also, maybe I'm forgetting some, but I'm never seen Duncan push the ball up the court like a PG and lead a fast break. I've seen him take guys off the dribble, but it's not like his off the dribble game was anything more than something he used when guard by someone who was big enough to give him problems in the post but was unathletic as fuck and could be beat off the dribble.

Axe Murderer
03-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Did u read the rest of the post?

yes i did and it was even more retarded

badfish22
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
yes i did and it was even more retarded

:wow Are you saying this person should commit suicide??

TD 21
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Sounds good. After we're done doing that, we can compare him to the all time great centers and see where he ranks all time among others at his position.

Amare has played by far more minutes at C than power forward this year, so by this logic, he'd also be moved up to C to make way for a power forward who has had a much more impressive season than all-time great center Tim Duncan.

Wait, so Aldridge and Westbrook not being elite prior to the 2010-2011 season somehow hurts their chances to make an All NBA team that is supposed to be based off the 2010-2011 season? Where does this logic come from?

Duncan didn't become a full-time center until '08. It's like Rodriguez. He's the greatest shortstop ever, but he's also one of the greatest third basemen ever. Same thing applies to Duncan, just replace shortstop with power forward and third basemen with center.

For those that claim Duncan was "always a center", how come no one does this when it comes to Gasol? He's basically a softer, extremely poor man's version of prime Duncan and he's well over 7-0.

Yeah, Stoudemire could be considered a center option as well (and he has been in the past), but he's a true power forward, which is why it would make more sense to list him as a forward.

I didn't say it necessarily should hurt their chances, I said it probably will, if you go by past history. Usually, you have to have played at an All-NBA level for more than a season to be rewarded. Although, it used to be that way with the All-Star game too, until it was an extremely exciting player and a white player leading the good stats/bad team brigade. Then previous standards were out the window.

FkLA
03-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Let me get this straight -

in order to be considered a true center you can't be able to take someone slower than you off the dribble, you can't have a good jumper, and you can't make the right passes (it's time let Hakeem Olajuwon know that he might have been the starting center on two title teams but he wasn't a center.

in order to be considered a true power forward, you can only play so "big". If Kevin Garnett wants to be considered a power forward, he better stop playing like a 7 footer and lessen his defensive presence to that of someone several inches shorter.

So whats youre criteria...

The official position theyre listed as?The way they play??

Brazil
03-08-2011, 07:55 PM

touché

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Duncan didn't become a full-time center until '08. It's like Rodriguez. He's the greatest shortstop ever, but he's also one of the greatest third basemen ever. Same thing applies to Duncan, just replace shortstop with power forward and third basemen with center.
That comparison, in addition to being beyond stupid, only hurts your argument. A-Rod splitting time between two positions during his career and not having one position people will always put him at hasn't added to his resume. Being thought of as a natural short stop who moved over to third base (a position he's terrible at fielding) because he was joining a team already led by someone else is thought of by most as something that will hurt his legacy.

Since Babe Ruth is considered an all time great batter but also played pitcher, I guess he's an all time great pitcher.

For those that claim Duncan was "always a center", how come no one does this when it comes to Gasol? He's basically a softer, extremely poor man's version of prime Duncan and he's well over 7-0.
I never claimed Duncan was "always a center", you're the one calling him a center. I've always thought of him as a PF because that's the position he's played the vast majority of his career, my point is that it's stupid he goes from PF to C once an opportunity to sneak onto an all NBA team comes around for any center capable of wiping his own ass.

Yeah, Stoudemire could be considered a center option as well (and he has been in the past), but he's a true power forward, which is why it would make more sense to list him as a forward.
So is Duncan a "true" power forward or center?

I didn't say it necessarily should hurt their chances, I said it probably will
My mistake then.

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM
So whats youre criteria...

The official position theyre listed as?The way they play??
There's no simple criteria for what position a player should be considered at, my point was that Duncan's resume and legacy shouldn't be able to reap the rewards of a modern day NBA with no talent at center AND an all time NBA that has historically had very few dominant power forwards. It's one or the other.

It's not like the Spurs have a capable "true" center on their roster who is losing minutes to Tim Duncan/having to play more at PF because of Tim Duncan because Tim Duncan is so much better maximized and used at C instead of PF. It's a situation no different than teams like Knicks, Rockets or Jazz playing Amare, Scola or Jefferson at C because the "true" centers they have all suck and while better PF, all 3 of them are still effective centers.

TD 21
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM
That comparison, in addition to being beyond stupid, only hurts your argument. A-Rod splitting time between two positions during his career and not having one position people will always put him at hasn't added to his resume. Being thought of as a natural short stop who moved over to third base (a position he's terrible at fielding) because he was joining a team already led by someone else is thought of by most as something that will hurt his legacy.

Since Babe Ruth is considered an all time great batter but also played pitcher, I guess he's an all time great pitcher.

I never claimed Duncan was "always a center", you're the one calling him a center. I've always thought of him as a PF because that's the position he's played the vast majority of his career, my point is that it's stupid he goes from PF to C once an opportunity to sneak onto an all NBA team comes around for any center capable of wiping his own ass.

So is Duncan a "true" power forward or center?

My mistake then.

It's an excellent comparison, if you have an ounce of intelligence and are able to grasp the basic parallels. I'm not talking about whether Rodriguez' legacy was impacted one way or another by the positional change, genius. I'm just saying, it is possible to be the greatest ever at one position and amongst the greatest at another. People have this idea that Duncan has to be one or the other, which is foolish. Debate Rodriguez' fielding at third all you want, he's still put up big numbers playing the position and will go down as one of the greatest ever at third overall (if not as one of the greatest fielders at the position).

My point is he doesn't "change positions based on opportunity". It just so happens that he became a full-time center at a time when the league became ridiculously thin with high end centers. It's not his fault and it has nothing to do with Spurs fans being biased.

He's neither. He's a four and a half, just like Gasol. Because of his decline in mobility and the game going smaller and faster (plus the fact that it's much easier to find a starting caliber PF than C), he's a center by default now.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
First:

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Derrick Rose
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Love
C - Dwight Howard

Second:

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Amare Stoudemire

Third:

PG - Russell Westbrook
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Al Horford

:lol Kevin Love

:lol Rajon Rondo

JamStone
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Rose
Kobe (I don't know if he really deserves it over Wade but I think he'll get the votes)
LeBron
Amare (toss up between him and Dirk, Amare's numbers on paper are slightly better)
Dwight

Westbrook
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Gasol

Deron Williams
Ginobili (leading scorer on the league's best team, again rewarding him for team success)
Pierce (leading scorer on best team in the East, no other Celtic getting honored)
Carmelo
Duncan (center position weak, throwing a bone to Timmy for his team's success)

I used Duncan and Gasol as "hybrid" centers since the position is so weak in the league this season. Allows the league to honor more deserving players at the forward positions.

Blake Griffin might get some consideration, as well as Kevin Love, but I don't see either of them getting it being on such bad teams. I could see Rondo getting the third team.

I think Nash and CP3 might be victims of their own past success. Their numbers are still solid although CP3's are down. But their numbers could have an argument for either. I think the lack of great team success and the fact both had had much better seasons in the past kind of hurt them here.

Kyle Orton
03-08-2011, 08:39 PM
It's an excellent comparison, if you have an ounce of intelligence and are able to grasp the basic parallels. I'm not talking about legacy, genius.
How is it an excellent comparison, it's not even the same sport. Switching your position as a fielder doesn't at all affect your ability as a batter. A-Rod is known for his ability as a batter. Playing 3rd base hasn't adversely affected his batting performance at all even though short stop is his natural position.

In basketball, a player has a natural position just like baseball, only moving away from his natural position has an adverse affect on his numbers. If Duncan were a "true power forward", then theoretically moving to center would compromise his ability as a player since it's a position he isn't comfortable playing. A "true power forward" like Barkley or Malone would get destroyed at C because of their lack of height.

I'm just saying, it is possible to be the greatest ever at one position and amongst the greatest at another. People have this idea that Duncan has to be one or the other, which is foolish.
Have you ever heard anyone consider "Oscar Robertson" among the greatest PGs ever? His natural position was shooting guard (a position he's thought of as an all time great at) but he played a good amount at PG. His resume matches up decently with guys like Isiah Thomas or John Stockton, so by your logic people would consider him among the best PGs of all time, right?

Debate Rodriguez' fielding at third all you want, he's still put up big time numbers playing the position and will go down as one of the greatest ever at third overall.
Will he go down as an all time great batter who happened to play 3rd base, or will he go down as an all time great 3rd baseman who truly mastered the art of playing 3rd base

My point is he doesn't "change positions based on opportunity". It just so happens that he became a full-time center at a time when the league became ridiculously thin with high end centers.
Right. It just so happens he went through a power forward --> center metamorphosis when the league's talent level at center was drying out. It couldn't possibly be like every other situation where a power forward has played more center recently because his team has suffered from the talent level at C drying out and has had to play someone out of position at center.

(plus the fact that it's much easier to find a starting caliber PF than C), he's a center by default now.
So because the Spurs are one of many teams that don't have one of the few good "true centers" in the NBA, he's a center by default, not a power forward playing center because his team needs him to? By this logic Amare is a center by default.

TD 21
03-08-2011, 08:53 PM
How is it an excellent comparison, it's not even the same sport. Switching your position as a fielder doesn't at all affect your ability as a batter. A-Rod is known for his ability as a batter. Playing 3rd base hasn't adversely affected his batting performance at all even though short stop is his natural position.

In basketball, a player has a natural position just like baseball, only moving away from his natural position has an adverse affect on his numbers. If Duncan were a "true power forward", then theoretically moving to center would compromise his ability as a player since it's a position he isn't comfortable playing. A "true power forward" like Barkley or Malone would get destroyed at C because of their lack of height.

Have you ever heard anyone consider "Oscar Robertson" among the greatest PGs ever? His natural position was shooting guard (a position he's thought of as an all time great at) but he played a good amount at PG. His resume matches up decently with guys like Isiah Thomas or John Stockton, so by your logic people would consider him among the best PGs of all time, right?

Will he go down as an all time great batter who happened to play 3rd base, or will he go down as an all time great 3rd baseman who truly mastered the art of playing 3rd base

Right. It just so happens he went through a power forward --> center metamorphosis when the league's talent level at center was drying out. It couldn't possibly be like every other situation where a power forward has played more center recently because his team has suffered from the talent level at C drying out and has had to play someone out of position at center.

So because the Spurs are one of many teams that don't have one of the few good "true centers" in the NBA, he's a center by default, not a power forward playing center because his team needs him to? By this logic Amare is a center by default.

It's an all-time great player, who's career has been split between two positions, who will go down as the greatest ever at one position and one of the greatest ever at the other. You can get into the semantics all you want, the basis of it makes sense and there is an obvious parallel there.

I didn't say every great player who played two positions has to be considered amongst the greatest at both, I said it's possible. People act like it has to be an either/or with Duncan, but it doesn't.

Rodriguez will go down as the former. But again, you're talking semantics.

It's not just about the league going through a "metamorphosis" or the fact that it's tougher to fill the C position than it is the PF position. It's about that and the fact that his mobility has declined. As a whole, it's easier for him to guard C's, because they're generally more limited offensively and slower.

The difference is, Stoudemire is a true PF. Duncan is playing C by default, but he can also reasonably be considered a C. Which is why I consider him a 4.5.

resistanze
03-08-2011, 09:56 PM
LOL Kevin Love shouldn't sniff the list.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Not really agreeing with anyone here, but let me get this straight. So it's foolish for someone to say that Rose>Kobe because of MVP voting?
No, it's foolish to say "Kobe>Rose. Period." It's an opinion stated as fact. I simply wished to point out that there are a number of opinions that disagree, including mine.

And it's also foolish for someone to overlook Love because of PER ...

If I'd said that, then you might have a point. I mentioned PER, but also that Love leads the league in rebounding and is currently beasting the league like nobody has seen in 30 years.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Precisely my point. He was given Shaq's MVP award for the incorrect predictions about where the Suns were going to finish and for his team's lack of a backup point guard. His stats are about the same. Funny how that doesn't add up to team success without everyone else that was around him for his MVP seasons.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2011, 10:28 PM
:lol Kevin Love

:lol Rajon Rondo

I understand the argument against Love, but you have a problem with Rondo? Really? Rondo leads the league in assists and steals, the Celtics are first in the east and have nobody else on the all-nba list.

endrity
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Rose
Kobe (I don't know if he really deserves it over Wade but I think he'll get the votes)
LeBron
Amare (toss up between him and Dirk, Amare's numbers on paper are slightly better)
Dwight

Westbrook
Wade
Durant
Dirk
Gasol

Deron Williams
Ginobili (leading scorer on the league's best team, again rewarding him for team success)
Pierce (leading scorer on best team in the East, no other Celtic getting honored)
Carmelo
Duncan (center position weak, throwing a bone to Timmy for his team's success)

I used Duncan and Gasol as "hybrid" centers since the position is so weak in the league this season. Allows the league to honor more deserving players at the forward positions.

Blake Griffin might get some consideration, as well as Kevin Love, but I don't see either of them getting it being on such bad teams. I could see Rondo getting the third team.

I think Nash and CP3 might be victims of their own past success. Their numbers are still solid although CP3's are down. But their numbers could have an argument for either. I think the lack of great team success and the fact both had had much better seasons in the past kind of hurt them here.

I think Dirk's real competition is Durant, Amare has cooled off quite a bit after his scorching start. But I see that most people's First and Second team are quite similar.

LnGrrrR
03-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Tbh, Babe Ruth was a spectacular pitcher too, and even average baseball fans should know that. If Babe had kept pitching, he probably could've made it to the HOF on those credentials alone.

rayjayjohnson
03-09-2011, 04:54 AM

lol moron.

horford is a tonne better than duncan at the C. As is Andrew Bogut, fuck, even Bynum is having a better season in the middle than Jim.

sefant77
03-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Sterns golden boy Durant will be anyway 1st team, no matter the record comparing to the Mavs.

endrity
03-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Sterns golden boy Durant will be anyway 1st team, no matter the record comparing to the Mavs.

Dirk's not going below 4th in MVP ballots, and if the Mavs get to 60 wins he might be top 2. There is no way Durant passes him over if any of this happens.

The reason I say that the 1st team is pretty much decided is because what MVP ballots would look like today:
Rose, LBJ, Howard, Dirk, Kobe, in that order. And luckily enough all those guys are in the right positions to qualify for an All-Nba team.

tlongII
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
LaMarcus should be 1st team. He's a better power forward than Amare or Dirk now.

endrity
03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
LaMarcus should be 1st team. He's a better power forward than Amare or Dirk now.

:downspin::downspin::downspin:

Cry Havoc
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Tbh, Babe Ruth was a spectacular pitcher too, and even average baseball fans should know that. If Babe had kept pitching, he probably could've made it to the HOF on those credentials alone.

And I'm betting early in his career, Babe Ruth would have been a pitcher in the All-Star game, had they had one at the time.

Later in his career, he would have obviously been considered a power hitter for the same event.