PDA

View Full Version : Project Spurs: Do Spurs have frontline built to contend?

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 11:13 AM
On Thursday, it will have been two weeks since the NBA trade deadline passed. The San Antonio Spurs still stand a top the league with the best record at 51-12. After witnessing the Los Angeles Lakers and Andrew Bynum take full advantage of the Spurs in the paint Sunday afternoon, keeping in mind the team made no moves at the trade deadline, one has to wonder if the questions about the Spurs lacking size in the frontline will hurt them down the stretch and in the playoffs?

I’m hear to ask the question: How does the Spurs' frontline compare with the other playoff teams?

Full article: http://www.projectspurs.com/2011-articles/february/do-spurs-have-front-court-built-to-contend.html

TampaDude
03-08-2011, 11:17 AM
51-12 tells you all you need to know.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Tell that to the many failed mavs teams of the past decade.

ajballer4
03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
It's a really good article IMO

TampaDude
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM

The Mavs are chokers. The Spurs are not.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
The Spurs have also never had a 6-7center starting next to Duncan or a toilet paper soft 3pt shooting (big man?)getting minutes behind him.

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
05' Duncan/Mohammed/Horry/Nesterovic
07' Duncan/Oberto/Horry/Elson

09' Duncan/BONNER/Thomas - FAILED
10' Duncan/Mcdyess/BONNER - FAILED
11' Duncan/Blair/BONNER/Mcdyess - FAILED

TampaDude
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM
The Spurs have also never had a 6-7center starting next to Duncan or a toilet paper soft 3pt shooting (big man?)getting minutes behind him.

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose

Uh, 2011 ain't over yet, bud... :lol

coyotes_geek
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM

We've already been eliminated from the 2011 playoffs? How disheartening.

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 12:14 PM

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose

:cry

If they had only traded Parker for Bargnani, one of the worst rebounding 7 footers in NBA history.

Russ
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

I'd love to agree, but fading great teams can put together great regular season records.

Look at the mid-'00s Pistons, the 2001 Spurs (pre-Tony and Manu), even the never-were Cavs in LeBron's last two years.

I remain hopeful this will be the Spurs' year, but the gaudy record isn't the main reason.

Hopefully, there is still time to work Splitter in (and Anderson). Also, Neal should be on the court in big situations -- he has "the clutch gene" as Skip Bayless would say.

DesignatedT
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM

:lmao like injuries didn't play a part in 09' and 10' either. 11' isn't over brah.

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose

fail

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:15 PM
:cry

If they had only traded Parker for Bargnani, one of the worst rebounding 7 footers in NBA history.
Right, Listen I watch the guy way more than you and can tell you all his weaknesses. He has skills that would fit the spurs, its his sorry attitude that would never work here. I like him, he is an ok player. Put in a suggestion instead of bringing him up.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I'd love to agree, but fading great teams can put together great regular season records.

Look at the mid-'00s Pistons, the 2001 Spurs (pre-Tony and Manu), even the never-were Cavs in LeBron's last two years.

I remain hopeful this will be the Spurs' year, but the gaudy record isn't the main reason.

Hopefully, there is still time to work Splitter in (and Anderson). Also, Neal should be on the court in big situations -- he has "the clutch gene" as Skip Bayless would say.This^
that was kinda my point in my first post.

SuperManu!!!
03-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I would start, if we play against the lakers, with parker and manu, bonner as a SF, duncan as PF and McDyess as C, rotating with tiago and blair

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Right, Listen I watch the guy way more than you and can tell you all his weaknesses. He has skills that would fit the spurs, its his sorry attitude that would never work here. I like him, he is an ok player. Put in a suggestion instead of bringing him up.

Yeah, he lacks the very same skills that you're whining that the Spurs lack. I'll keep bringing him up every time you trot out your "expertise" on the Spurs roster.

lefty
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
We dont play the Lakers every night

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I would start, if we play against the lakers, with parker and manu, bonner as a SF, duncan as PF and McDyess as C, rotating with tiago and blair
Sounds funny but it might work considering artest is slow. However what happens when theirs a switch. Like say he ends up guarding Kobe? FYI i like Novak at the 3 better than bonner. actually I like Novak better than bonner period.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:22 PM
We dont play the Lakers every night
we dont play the cavs every night either.

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
actually I like Novak better than bonner period.

Speaks volumes.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah, he lacks the very same skills that you're whining that the Spurs lack. I'll keep bringing him up every time you trot out your "expertise" on the Spurs roster. Im not an expert, just a fan with opinions, your the same. Bonner is a good shooter, and not a good rebounder. can you find some kinda of evidence that refutes that.

lefty
03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Huh

HarlemHo 37
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose

Duncan just can't carry this team on his back anymore. IMO, people are in for a rude awakening come playoff time when they expect Duncan to kick it in to another gear. The Spurs couldn't improve at the deadline because they had no money to spend. Its sink or swim with Bonner, Dice and Blair.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Duncan just can't carry this team on his back anymore. IMO, people are in for a rude awakening come playoff time when they expect Duncan to kick it in to another gear. The Spurs couldn't improve at the deadline because they had no money to spend. Its sink or swim with Bonner, Dice and Blair.
Maybe they shouldnt have signed bonner to 4yr 15million dollar contract then they wouldve had something significant left to spend. Whats the difference between him and novak? Oh yeah novak makes under a million and shoots ALMOST as well.

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Im not an expert, just a fan with opinions, your the same. Bonner is a good shooter, and not a good rebounder. can you find some kinda of evidence that refutes that.

I wouldn't try to. Bonner is a good shooter and he's not a good rebounder. He does possess better career shooting and rebounding numbers than Bargnani at a fraction of the price and without giving up Parker.

All you're doing is whining that the Spurs have a weaker frontline than the Lakers. Whining that is compounded by the fact that you have repeatedly advocated for the acquisition of player who would not address the shortcomings that are the subject of this thread.

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Maybe they shouldnt have signed bonner to 4yr 15million dollar contract then they wouldve had something significant left to spend. Whats the difference between him and novak? Oh yeah novak makes under a million and shoots ALMOST as well.

The money spent on Bonner could not have been spent elsewhere. The Spurs were able to sign him using his Bird rights and still use any part of the MLE and/or LLE. If they had not signed him, the exact same exceptions would have been available.

Novak is an inferior shooter, defender, and rebounder when compared to Bonner. The team would certainly be better by exchanging Bonner for a player worse than him in every conceivable way. :rolleyes

Just so you understand. I'm not suggesting that Bonner is great, or versatile, or anything of the kind. Only that complaining about his shortcomings is ridiculous coming from someone who suggests replacing him with a lesser player.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't try to. Bonner is a good shooter and he's not a good rebounder. He does possess better career shooting and rebounding numbers than Bargnani at a fraction of the price and without giving up Parker.

All you're doing is whining that the Spurs have a weaker frontline than the Lakers. Whining that is compounded by the fact that you have repeatedly advocated for the acquisition of player who would not address the shortcomings that are the subject of this thread.
First of all take Bargnani out the picture, lets stay on Bonner. At 20minutes a game playing PF hurts the spurs when they play bigger teams. Or at least it will in 7game series. Rebounding and defending the paint are important in the playoffs. What you seen sunday was the same thing weve all seen in 2001playoffs vs lakers. Lakers arent just big, they are big and versatile, thats what makes them and the celtics dangerous. Spurs could get a 300lb 7-2 guy and put him next to Duncan and it would only work in certain matchups. However, you add the 7-2 center AND a 6-10 quick and athletic PF and you've immediatley become dangerous on both ends of the court. Its the combination of all 3 thats makes it work.

portnoy1
03-08-2011, 01:42 PM
The money spent on Bonner could not have been spent elsewhere. The Spurs were able to sign him using his Bird rights and still use any part of the MLE and/or LLE. If they had not signed him, the exact same exceptions would have been available.

Novak is an inferior shooter, defender, and rebounder when compared to Bonner. The team would certainly be better by exchanging Bonner for a player worse than him in every conceivable way. :rolleyes

Just so you understand. I'm not suggesting that Bonner is great, or versatile, or anything of the kind. Only that complaining about his shortcomings is ridiculous coming from someone who suggests replacing him with a lesser player.
Fair Enough

HarlemHo 37
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Novak is a back-end of the rotation scrub. If he gets minutes come playoff time, the Spurs will be on the winning or losing end of a blowout. Bonner does a much better job of spreading the floor and canning the open three. I think Bonner is better disciplined and knows the rotations better than Novak. If Novak got serious playing time, you would see the follies in his game. Your comparing a guy in Novak, who was originally signed to a 10 day contract to Bonner, who's been with Pop and the Spurs for some time now.
Signing RJ and bonner to huge contracts were huge mistakes this offseason. Unfortunately, the Spurs are stuck with a couple of defensive liabilities for the foreseeable future.

Mel_13
03-08-2011, 01:46 PM
First of all take Bargnani out the picture, lets stay on Bonner. At 20minutes a game playing PF hurts the spurs when they play bigger teams. Or at least it will in 7game series. Rebounding and defending the paint are important in the playoffs. What you seen sunday was the same thing weve all seen in 2001playoffs vs lakers. Lakers arent just big, they are big and versatile, thats what makes them and the celtics dangerous. Spurs could get a 300lb 7-2 guy and put him next to Duncan and it would only work in certain matchups. However, you add the 7-2 center AND a 6-10 quick and athletic PF and you've immediatley become dangerous on both ends of the court. Its the combination of all 3 thats makes it work.

Still whining.

You'd love to stop talking about Bargnani, it's embarrassing for you in light of what you continue to say in this thread, but let's leave him out of it for now.

Tell us who fits the descriptions in the bolded section? What such players were available and at what price?

Otherwise it's just whining.

moisaenz
03-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Every other contender in the west is biggest than the Spurs... The players at the front court are not that bad quality wise, not size wise.But the Spurs have many other Strengths that only tweaking the rotation with the bigs that we have , just having a bit more size when needed can compliment the other strengths in the Spurs game such as backcourt penetration and 3pt shooting. The thing is that all our backcourt players have been settling for 3 point shots when it is not needed. Gary Neal has been succesful lately because he is starting to get some rythm and if you see he has started to shoot mid range jumpers. This is something that Manu and George Hill have stopped doing. Against the Lakers they were trying to get inside and couldn't because of the Lakers size, we weren't hitting contested 3 pointers but rj,hill and manu did not even attempt to dribble into the key to get a better shot.If they did it would have made the game easier for our frontcourt.

We can get bigger size by playing Blair at the three.He is not a good 3pt shooter but he would help defensively and with rebounding.
Mcdyess and DUncan together can be enough size to help with parker's and Ginobili's penetration game.

JR3
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
We will find out.. it is a concern, but I'm not going to tell you we can't win a championship, cuz we can! Blair plays bigger than he is, and Tim Duncan has size! His minutes will go up in the playoffs too. We can score this year with anyone- different from years back where we HAD to stop people at the rim, or else our offense didn't have a fighting chance.

tdunk21
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Every other contender in the west is biggest than the Spurs... The players at the front court are not that bad quality wise, not size wise.But the Spurs have many other Strengths that only tweaking the rotation with the bigs that we have , just having a bit more size when needed can compliment the other strengths in the Spurs game such as backcourt penetration and 3pt shooting. The thing is that all our backcourt players have been settling for 3 point shots when it is not needed. Gary Neal has been succesful lately because he is starting to get some rythm and if you see he has started to shoot mid range jumpers. This is something that Manu and George Hill have stopped doing. Against the Lakers they were trying to get inside and couldn't because of the Lakers size, we weren't hitting contested 3 pointers but rj,hill and manu did not even attempt to dribble into the key to get a better shot.If they did it would have made the game easier for our frontcourt.

We can get bigger size by playing Blair at the three.He is not a good 3pt shooter but he would help defensively and with rebounding.
Mcdyess and DUncan together can be enough size to help with parker's and Ginobili's penetration game.

that kills the purpose of pop's idea of stretching the floor so tony and manu can do their thing...that way blair will be left open and neglected since he cant shoot mid range jumpers....

rmt
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Splitter should have been played every available minute he wasn't injured. Dice should not have played against the weaker teams and Duncan given more rest against them. The only solution to the height problem has been sitting on the bench all season. There was no way to for the Spurs to get a better big than Splitter (without giving up a significant piece).

wildbill2u
03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
If you put a big like Bonner out on the perimeter, he's not going to rebound offensively.

Defensively, he gets taken out on the perimeter by athletic bigs and then doesn't have the footspeed to stay with them if they drive. He isn't a good rebounder on defense either because he isn't athletic, but he does give you what he has. Not a quitter.

He is what he is--a good spot up three point shooter who tries hard on defense.

Hoops Czar
03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
If you put a big like Bonner out on the perimeter, he's not going to rebound offensively.

Defensively, he gets taken out on the perimeter by athletic bigs and then doesn't have the footspeed to stay with them if they drive. He isn't a good rebounder on defense either because he isn't athletic, but he does give you what he has. Not a quitter.

He is what he is--a good spot up three point shooter who tries hard on defense.

The Spurs can't win with good intentions.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Ouch! Oh so true.

GrandeDavid
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Splitter should have been played every available minute he wasn't injured. Dice should not have played against the weaker teams and Duncan given more rest against them. The only solution to the height problem has been sitting on the bench all season. There was no way to for the Spurs to get a better big than Splitter (without giving up a significant piece).

It looks like Splitter will be getting some chances now. I hope he improves and can secure a spot in the rotation by the playoffs.

DesignatedT
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think that Bonner should be the first big off the bench once the playoffs start but I do think he can be effective and used when we need to change it up, spread the floor or are struggling offensively. Obviously the Lakers pose the biggest matchup problems down low but at this point it's not even a guarantee we meet them in the playoffs tbh. Dallas would be a better matchup for our front line imo but that's not to say they don't pose there own problems for us.

jjktkk
03-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Although the Spurs will struggle against the bigger front lines in the playoffs, Duncan and Dyess will turn it up a notch in the playoffs, which hopefully negates, or lessens any size advantage opponents will have against the Spurs.

said7
03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Do some of you douchebags even watch the games? The spurs have been toying with most of their competition. Playoffs will be a different story. The depth of our bench will make all the difference.
and...
What more do some of you want out of bonner? Hes leading the league in 3s and has won us several games. Any team in the league would gladly take him, and all you lot can do it moan. :bang

Hoops Czar
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Do some of you douchebags even watch the games? The spurs have been toying with most of their competition. Playoffs will be a different story. The depth of our bench will make all the difference.
and...
What more do some of you want out of bonner? Hes leading the league in 3s and has won us several games. Any team in the league would gladly take him, and all you lot can do it moan. :bang

Interesting philosophy..... Now what makes you think teams weren't toying with the Spurs.

E-RockWill
03-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Im not an expert....

:wow

Breaking news....

:bang

Man In Black
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
They will battle and then we'll see what happens at the end. While people start talking about length, I point out that that length is countered by physicality and positioning. We need the DeJuan that rips off Thabeet's arms. That's totally needed when playing against the LAL. I've said that players like Wes Unseld dominated despite being 6'7" and Houston without Yao, did pretty well in the series with just Scola and 6'6" Chuck Hayes. One needs to dominate and control the principle of verticality. If you can get into ones legs, then they'll have a tough time jumping.

Makes me wonder what kind of game 6'10" Jumping Bean Ryan Richards brings to the table.

Fpoonsie
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I’m hear to ask the question: How does the Spurs' frontline compare with the other playoff teams?

[cringe]

tlongII
03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Absolutely not. The 2nd round is about the best that the Spurs can hope for.

Strategic
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm trying to get the root of this thread. Pop has started the same front line every game this year. Is it because

1. He believes this three can excel against any other starting front line in the league?
2. He believes starting the same front line over the season will allow the team to win the most games?
3. He believes that he's starting his best players?
4. He's lost it?

The Spurs have 4 front liners 6'10" or taller, plus McDyess and Blair.

:flag::wakeup:flag:

jason1301
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Hard to argue that Spurs > Lakers during these playoffs. Assuming both team stay healthy and rested, Lakers have the best player and the better front line. I think that makes them the favorite.

As the article states, if one of their bigs is in foul trouble or is having a night off we can beat them. My hope is to find a way to do just that or run out of gas by the time we face them. Say they play Dallas 7 times in rd2, and we have a much easier road to the final.

Hoops Czar
03-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Hard to argue that Spurs > Lakers during these playoffs. Assuming both team stay healthy and rested, Lakers have the best player and the better front line. I think that makes them the favorite.

As the article states, if one of their bigs is in foul trouble or is having a night off we can beat them. My hope is to find a way to do just that or run out of gas by the time we face them. Say they play Dallas 7 times in rd2, and we have a much easier road to the final.

That doesn't make any sense.

TD 21
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
They absolutely do. Sunday was a law of averages game. They had won 22 straight at home, were coming off an insane offensive performance against an elite team and had beaten the Lakers 3 straight times. Unfortunately, they were due for that type of game and it just so happened to come at the hands of the Lakers in a nationally televised game. So the Lakers ass kissers/cheerleaders can use it as so-called "proof that the Spurs can't beat the Lakers in a series" (funny how the Spurs beating them 3 straight before that was meaningless).

I have no idea why people continue to refer to Blair as the Spurs center. You are what you guard and he exclusively guards power forwards. Duncan is the Spurs center and has been since '08. However, since the Spurs are physically over matched against the Lakers, what they should do is cross match. Duncan can basically physically negate Gasol. He's smaller, but still very long in his own right and he's stronger. That would leave Blair to guard Bynum. Theoretically, he wouldn't struggle any more with Bynum than he would Gasol and he actually might have a better chance at adequately defending him, since Bynum isn't as skilled as Gasol and is more reliant on sheer power.

It's going to take all five bigs playing a part to get through the Lakers. Even if Splitter is the fifth big and playing limited minutes, they're going to need him to take a turn guarding either Bynum or (preferably) Gasol. But Pop's should also be willing to get creative. Artest is extremely limited offensively, which means Bonner should guard him in stretches. Some will say Blair, but that takes him out of prime rebounding position and the Spurs can't afford to do that with one of their two best rebounders, since they're already at a disadvantage on the glass. Bonner should suffice. If the Lakers want to attempt to exploit it and isolate Artest, let them. That only takes the ball out of their four best players hands. This match-up would allow the Spurs to play bigger and find more minutes for Splitter.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
They absolutely do. Sunday was a law of averages game. They had won 22 straight at home, were coming off an insane offensive performance against an elite team and had beaten the Lakers 3 straight times. Unfortunately, they were due for that type of game and it just so happened to come at the hands of the Lakers in a nationally televised game. So the Lakers ass kissers/cheerleaders can use it as so-called "proof that the Spurs can't beat the Lakers in a series" (funny how the Spurs beating them 3 straight before that was meaningless).

I have no idea why people continue to refer to Blair as the Spurs center. You are what you guard and he exclusively guards power forwards. Duncan is the Spurs center and has been since '08. However, since the Spurs are physically over matched against the Lakers, what they should do is cross match. Duncan can basically physically negate Gasol. He's smaller, but still very long in his own right and he's stronger. That would leave Blair to guard Bynum. Theoretically, he wouldn't struggle any more with Bynum than he would Gasol and he actually might have a better chance at adequately defending him, since Bynum isn't as skilled as Gasol and is more reliant on sheer power.

It's going to take all five bigs playing a part to get through the Lakers. Even if Splitter is the fifth big and playing limited minutes, they're going to need him to take a turn guarding either Bynum or (preferably) Gasol. But Pop's should also be willing to get creative. Artest is extremely limited offensively, which means Bonner should guard him in stretches. Some will say Blair, but that takes him out of prime rebounding position and the Spurs can't afford to do that with one of their two best rebounders, since they're already at a disadvantage on the glass. Bonner should suffice. If the Lakers want to attempt to exploit it and isolate Artest, let them. That only takes the ball out of their four best players hands. This match-up would allow the Spurs to play bigger and find more minutes for Splitter.

This.

Capt Bringdown
03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Outside of Duncan and to limited degree Dice, we don't know what we're gonna get from our frontline in the PO. How can that not be a problem?

HarlemHo 37
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM

I love how your infatuated with the notion "the Heat" are elite. If 14-18 vs. teams above .500 teams makes you elite, then half the league is elite. Yeah, they beat the Lakers two straight THIS season and won in LA on a fluke tip with Bynum on the bench. I guess Duncan will find the fountain of youth, Blair will grow 3 inches, Dice will rebound and block shots, Bonner will be a hulk in the paint, and Tiago will suddenly "get it" overnight. This could happen if your that naive.

Basketball Power
03-08-2011, 08:56 PM

Lakers thrashing the Spurs tells you all you need to know

Budkin
03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
No we don't have the height to match up, yet we win anyway. Shows you how tough this team really is.

Dice
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM
We all know Gasol and Bynum's number both drop significantly when playing teams with bigs that are 6'10 or higher. Dirk too. All the teams with big front lines dominate the Lakers and the Mavs' wins against those teams were fluke wins.

We have no chance against them in the playoffs no matter what Tony, Manu, Neal, Bonner, and Hill do. They cannot score enough points to make up for these two unstoppable front lines.

Brazil
03-09-2011, 10:35 AM
IMO a lakers / spurs match up will strongly depend on Kobe. If Kobe plays smart, feed his bigs instead of shooting 40% all over the place they have all the card in their hand. If Kobe tries to be the hero of the serie I like our chances especially with HCA.

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 02:28 PM
IMO a lakers / spurs match up will strongly depend on Kobe. If Kobe plays smart, feed his bigs instead of shooting 40% all over the place they have all the card in their hand. If Kobe tries to be the hero of the serie I like our chances especially with HCA.

Imo, you would see both sides of the Lakers, the good and bad. In order for the Spurs to have a legitimate chance in a series with the Lakers, the Spurs front line needs to be healthy and Bonner and Blair, and to a lesser extent, Splitter, all need to contribute.

AlleyOopNazi
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
if they can rebound, they can win

20beastie45
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM

99' Duncan/Robinson/Rose
03' Duncan/Robinson/Rose

I agree with this....oh wait....WTF 11'?

20beastie45
03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
if they can rebound, they can win

Don't acre for 3's or anyway we score......All I care about is Defense and Defensive Rebounding

and it seems like were lacking in both from previous years..

Prove me wrong!

20beastie45
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
True but didn't there bigs that play on the worst team the league has seen in years torch us on the offensive boards....:bang

AlleyOopNazi
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
No
nice take

mingus
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
guess we'll find out what the Spurs have in their frontline in the coming weeks. if Pop didn't get the memo on Sunday that Splitter needs to be used in a rather large capacity come playoffs, i'll be pretty damn pissed.

03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
spurs got hammered on the boards again. not a good sign, especially since it was against a mediocre team.

HarlemHo 37
03-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Shoot 64% and win by 7. Thats all you need to know.

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 05:36 PM
20 offensive rebounds by the fucking pistons...

"but we won blah blah blah"

we're in for a rude awakening in the playoffs
+1:(

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
hello spurstalk, im backkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the truth is that size is all relative people, i mean seriously nobody has the size the lakers can put up and what i mean is that the lakers have size that can defend or just play offense. dallas has size that can just play either offense or defense, boston has size to just play offense, unless we believe that shaq will be healthy, which i dont. so nobody can put the same size out on the floor besides the lakers. but the spurs must find other ways to beat a team like the lakers, no team this year is that better or great this year, the lakers or no other team in unbeatable and every team has weaknesses and if theres one nba coach that can find a weakness that the lakers or mavs have and exploit them its coach pop.

i am disappointed in coach pop for not playing tiago more, we have size but for some reason he plays small ball and doesnt play the little size we do have, for example, againt the game with the heat we have a size advantage if we played tiago and tim together, thats two seven footer we could have used to protect the rim and rebound and yet pop wont do it, i frustrates my to high heaven why he wont play tiago. but spurs have the size to win a championship, not all championship teams have great size, its all about how we are playing on the defensive end will determine if we win it all or not. well see

True.....But the most recent have!!!!

since 2003
2003 Robinson/Duncan/Rose/Willis
2004 Wallace/Wallace
2005 Duncan/Horry/Nazr/Nesterovic
2006 O'neal/Mourning/haslem/walker
2007 Duncan/Horry/Oberto/Elson/
2008 Garnett/Perkins/Davis/Powe/Brown
2009,2010 Bynum/Gasol/Oden

not mentioning the earlier teams!!!