PDA

View Full Version : Butler's return?

stretch
03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
He has been very optimistic the entire time about his rehab, and in his most recent blog entry on March 2nd, said he expects to be cleared for full basketball activities in 2 weeks (March 16th). He says he has been running on a treadmill, running in water, shooting some shots (lol spursdynasty), and using a stationary bike, so obviously his knee is definitely ahead of schedule on the rehab, especially if he can run on a treadmill already.

Gotta love how hard the dude is working to get back. He must be in pretty good shape if his rehab is going so well. Would be really interesting if he actually is able to return before the playoffs begin, and have a few games to get in sync, along with the 1st round, to be ready for a 2nd round showdown against the Lakeshow.

Muser
03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Great news for Dallas, always rooting for Caron wish more players were like him.

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 12:59 PM
He sounds ridiculously optimistic. I'd like to hear things from a doctor before getting my hopes up.

sribb43
03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
I'll take Caron at 80% over Peja/Brewer/Marion/Stevenson/Cardinal

stretch
03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
He sounds ridiculously optimistic. I'd like to hear things from a doctor before getting my hopes up.

Yeah, it's hard to say whether he really will get back that quickly. But then again, he has been saying ridiculously optimistic things all along, and shortly afterwards, doctors have been confirming everything he has been saying, and that he is wayyyyyy ahead of schedule. So maybe we do have reason to be optimistic about his return as well. Hard to say. But it's really great to see how hard he is working to get back. If he can at least play some solid defense and hit the open jumper when presented with them, his return could be exactly what the team needs for a Finals push. His ability to play both ways can make it a lot easier for Carlisle to manage minutes, because its going to be hard with Brewer and Peja, since they are polar opposite types of players.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Do you guys worry that Caron would be incredibly rusty if he comes back this year, or like scribb says, you'd take an 80% Butler over the rest of the guys at his position?

stretch
03-08-2011, 01:14 PM
I'll take Caron at 80% over Peja/Brewer/Marion/Stevenson/Cardinal

+1

As long as he doesnt run around trying to do his isolation fade-away crap, and give those shots up to Roddy, the team will be much better off.

This should be the general playoff rotation and minutes:

PG - Kidd (36-38), Barea (10-12)
SG - Roddy (20-24), Terry (20-24)
SF - Butler (26-30), Marion (18-22)
PF - Dirk (37-41), Marion (7-11)
C - Chandler (34-38), Haywood (10-14)

Peja/Stevenson/Brewer (one of them being active depending on need) and Mahinmi for situational subs or blowout wins.

We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

stretch
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Do you guys worry that Caron would be incredibly rusty if he comes back this year, or like scribb says, you'd take an 80% Butler over the rest of the guys at his position?

I wouldn't worry too much as long as he can play some solid defense.

Even if he is a bit rusty on offense, the Mavs don't need much out of him in that regards, especially since Roddy is now in the lineup, instead of Stevenson. Opponents will still respect Butler's offense, and if he gets hot, thats a bonus.

It's just that his size, defensive ability, and the need for opposing defenses to respect his scoring ability will make the lineup a LOT more stable for everyone.

dallaskd
03-08-2011, 01:17 PM
http://store.makeitgraphic.net/30-82-thickbox/caron-butler-tuff-juice-t-shirt.jpg

Ghazi
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
restaaaaaaaacked

Axe Murderer
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
if Butler's back before the playoffs then

nb:lol=f:lolcked

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Peja's got nothing left to offer, that much is obvious. It was a nice pickup to see if he still had something, but he doesn't. Whether Butler comes back or not, Peja needs to be out of the picture.

stretch
03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
FTR, while I think it MAY be possible, I don't see him returning before the playoffs. I would be happy as hell if he could though.

Agree with Mono though, Peja should just be brought in solely for spot work and to keep Dirk's minutes low for the regular season. Come playoff time, he should have minimal minutes though. For now, they need to work to try to get Brewer to a level where he can be a starter or get consistent minutes.

MavFan6488
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM
i wouldn't worry too much as long as he can play some solid defense.

Even if he is a bit rusty on offense, the mavs don't need much out of him in that regards, especially since roddy is now in the lineup, instead of stevenson. Opponents will still respect butler's offense, and if he gets hot, thats a bonus.

It's just that his size, defensive ability, and the need for opposing defenses to respect his scoring ability will make the lineup a lot more stable for everyone.
+1

HarlemHo 37
03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
FTR, while I think it MAY be possible, I don't see him returning before the playoffs. I would be happy as hell if he could though.

Agree with Mono though, Peja should just be brought in solely for spot work and to keep Dirk's minutes low for the regular season. Come playoff time, he should have minimal minutes though. For now, they need to work to try to get Brewer to a level where he can be a starter or get consistent minutes.

Butler would be a nice addition to an already stacked Mavs team. I don't see him getting consistent minutes in the playoffs unless he comes back prior.

Double-Up
03-08-2011, 01:57 PM
You sorry bastards still ain't winning shit even if this gimp fuck does come back before the playoffs, lol upcoming contract year. :lol

stretch
03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
You sorry bastards still ain't winning shit even if this gimp fuck does come back before the playoffs, lol upcoming contract year. :lol

2nd seed ecstacy!

Pelicans78
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I've got no hope of Butler contributing this season.

DPG21920
03-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Would be huge, even as a bench piece. Fully healthy is really helpful.

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
and is actually healthy

today

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
it would be too ironic if we drew portland in the first round and he busted our asses, sporting full beard and all

or if we did trade butler for him, and in april butler got healthy while wallace was out for the year. That scenario is so likely it's not even funny.

monosylab1k
03-08-2011, 03:23 PM
:lmao butler getting healthy this year

what flavor kool aid is that you're drinking, tbh?

:lmao gerald wallace staying healthy

WeNeedLength
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Does he really want to risk it? I mean, no doubt a decently healthy Butler will contribute for the Mavs in the playoffs. But, him coming back too soon = a lot higher chance of him re-injuring and screwing his contract potential. We'll see I guess.

stretch
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I doubt he would be pushing anything unless he was pretty healthy. And from reports, doctors have said that he is way ahead of schedule, and that he was fortunately facing the best possible scenario that could have happened.