PDA

View Full Version : 100lb woman beaten to coma over NY parking space

pawe
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/03/07/2011-03-07_parking_assault_suspect_defends_actions_i_only_ hit_the_girl_one_time_it_was_refl.html

The Queens man accused of bashing a woman into a coma over an East Village parking space says he wishes he never raised his fist.

Speaking publicly for the first time since the attack on Lana Rosas, Oscar Fuller said he didn't realize the power of his punch until cops arrested him last Tuesday on felony assault charges.

"I wish I just let her hit me," Fuller told the Daily News on Sunday. "It was out of reflex, just a reaction that went the wrong way," he said of the Feb. 25 beatdown. "I don't believe this is happening."

He said he went to a birthday party following the encounter with Rosas, 25, of the Bronx, insisting he did not know she was critically injured.

"I left the incident so it would not become a bigger situation. I only hit the girl one time," said the father of two as his lawyer, Thomas Kenniff, sat nearby.

Fuller is accused of flying into a rage when Rosas refused to budge from an E. 14th St. parking space between Avenues A and B that she was saving for her boyfriend by standing in it.
Prosecutors charge that Fuller, who stands 5-feet-7 and weighs 150 pounds, hit the 4-foot-11, 100-pound Rosas so hard she "flew off her feet" and hit her head on the ground.
She continues to battle for her life at Bellevue Hospital, where doctors removed part of her skull to relieve brain swelling.

"As a man, as a person who believes in God, I would not want to take a person's life," Fuller said.

"My history speaks of not hitting a woman. Do I feel I was right to do what I did? No!"

Fuller, who works as an electrician, claimed he was acting in self-defense.
He admitted getting out of his car and says that he calmly asked Rosas to step away and let him park his Plymouth Voyager.

"She began hitting me in the face," he said. "It threw me off. It just puzzled me. She hit me like four or five times."
As the parking space standoff turned violent, Rosas' boyfriend, Joseph Oliver, 26, was across the street preparing to make a U-turn. He jumped out of his car and ran toward Fuller.
"I saw a guy running toward me," Fuller said. "I hit the girl, jumped into my car and pulled off."

Pointing to an old knife wound on the right side of his face, Fuller - whose rap sheet includes arrests for assault and drug charges - said his reaction might have something to do with being jumped and cut when he was 15.

"You never know what might happen," he said, blaming his street-survival instincts for provoking his fist.

Fuller said he didn't know he had been injured until he arrived at his friend's birthday party and someone asked why he was bleeding from his forehead.

He was arrested Tuesday after cops traced his license plate number to his Jamaica home. Witnesses subsequently picked him out in a lineup.
His was released Saturday on $100,000 bail.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly declined to comment on whether Fuller is a potential menace to society.
Some politicians have said that there should have been no bail.
Fuller insisted he is not a threat to the community and that he is full of remorse.

"I hope for her recovery to happen soon," he said. "I'm not running. I'm not hiding. I point the finger at myself."

Some people believe that if a woman is brave enough to hit a guy bigger then her then she should be brave enough to receive the hit that will be inflicted upon her.
But this is nuts, where's the tolerance? Just because you got hit, doesn't mean you should hit back. And over a parking space? And why are New Yorkers always angry anyway?

Dex
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Cue the sweep the leg gif.

lefty
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
New Yorkers are faggots

pawe
03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Melo is a faggot

mardigan
03-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Got to control that temper guy

mrsmaalox
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
If she really started to hit him first, I don't feel sorry for either one.

phxspurfan
03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
In a New York Minute...

Hooks
03-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Dude acted in self defense.

Too many women think they can do whatever they want to men without any consequences just because they're women, I've seen it happen time and time again.

Oh and she's not 100lbs, she's at least 120lbs, probably around 130 -140 lbs (I saw a pic of her and she's pretty chubby). Sounds like she rushed him with "helicopter" punches and he just reacted. Everyone is different, not everybody would react the same in that situation.

Slomo
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/gifs/Asterix.gif

mouse
03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I wonder after the trial if the courthouse is going to validate his parking.

Strike
03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Punching the girl probably wasn't the brightest idea, but she was hitting him first and he reacted by defending himself, who's really at fault here? And would this have even been news if both people were male?

Sportcamper
03-08-2011, 03:54 PM
If the psycho had stomped a pit-bull to death you guys would be calling for the death penalty….

rolled up $20
03-08-2011, 03:55 PM
What a wuss. I hope he does some hard time.

Cuckolded Sissy
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
tnb

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 04:15 PM
He admitted getting out of his car and says that he calmly asked Rosas to step away and let him park his Plymouth Voyager.

"She began hitting me in the face," he said. "It threw me off. It just puzzled me. She hit me like four or five times."
As the parking space standoff turned violent, Rosas' boyfriend, Joseph Oliver, 26, was across the street preparing to make a U-turn. He jumped out of his car and ran toward Fuller.
"I saw a guy running toward me," Fuller said. "I hit the girl, jumped into my car and pulled off."

This sounds like bullshit :lol So you "calmly" ask a woman to move and she starts going nuts with flying fists without warning? Bullshit lol. I know how NYKers are about parking spaces. He probably threatened to knock her block off if she didn't move.

I can't help but laugh when I picture him sucker punching the girl, jumping in his car and speeding off. Sounds like something out of a bad comedy lol.

symple19
03-08-2011, 04:21 PM
if true that she hit him first, regardless of what he said, i hope she doesn't make it

Fpoonsie
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
if true that she hit him first, regardless of what he said, i hope she doesn't make it

:lol Damn.

I dunno. The end of the story (when he runs like a bitch), he seems to lose some credibility.

Strike
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
If the psycho had stomped a pit-bull to death you guys would be calling for the death penalty….

Only if he was unprovoked. If a pit-bull attacked him and he stomped the pit to death, no problem.

Strike
03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Cue the sweep the leg gif.

http://wastedatwork.com/beer/Girl_beer_LegSweep.gif

BlackSwordsMan
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Self defense and now this guy is gonna get locked up because this bitch thought it was ok to hit a man.

Chomag
03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Whatever happned to just sucking it up an being man about these situations? Those days are long gone I suppose.

A 100 pound woman isn't going to do much damage to you unless you are a complete wuss yourself.

BlackSwordsMan
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Whatever happned to just sucking it up an being man about these situations? Those days are long gone I suppose.

A 100 pound woman isn't going to do much damage to you unless you are a complete wuss yourself.

She'll think twice before physically assaulting someone else. Assuming she lives.

Creepn
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Leave "manhood" out of this. The law is the law. The lady assaulted first which is an offense and the guy retaliated in defense.

It sucks that she's in a coma though but some people take lessons harder than others. Hopefully people would learn from this and avoid being in a coma or worse.

And what the fuck is she doing hitting black men geez. Black men still go through hardships in life that causes them to react violently. Remember that prank where this guy in a mask jumps out the trashcan and scares this black dude, and his immediate response was to attack and knocked him back into the trashcan? lol

Chomag
03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Leave "manhood" out of this. The law is the law. The lady assaulted first which is an offense and the guy retaliated in defense.

It sucks that she's in a coma though but some people take lessons harder than others. Hopefully people would learn from this and avoid being in a coma or worse.

So the guy who ran like a bitch says. Also it's not allways self defence if you might be an instigator as well.

Creepn
03-08-2011, 04:49 PM
So the guy who ran like a bitch says. Also it's not allways self defence if you might be an instigator as well.

"Assault is committed if a person intentionally, knowingly or recklessly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, causes bodily injury to another, or causes physical contact with another when he knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative."

4>0rings
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I can see the guys point in hitting and running. If her boyfriend is running over to her and she is hitting him, the bf's going to start punching the fuck outta that guy to. So he popped her good and took the fuck off. Both are at fault.

BlackSwordsMan
03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Would you stick around if you just popped a broad and you heard a skull crack?

hater
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
black man with a record = fucked

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I find it hard to believe people are taking the guy's word on this. There's too many holes in his story. The lady is in a coma and can't tell her side of the story. Not many women (especially one the size of a hobbit) just start hitting a guy who politely ask that person to move. His story sounds like absolute bullshit. I know they have to have some heated words if she got physical.

And if he saw someone running at him why not just leave then? Why did he have to hit the woman first and then run? lol.

symple19
03-08-2011, 04:56 PM
i really, really, wish there was video of this. would be a sweet gif. especially if the stupid bitch dies

z0sa
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Depends how hard he decked her. if his strike was half-hearted and used as a means to disengage from her, a case for self defense could be made, especially with the boyfriend "rushing over." On the other hand, if he lined it up obviously meaning to cause some harm, then he shouldn't be acting like that was not his intention.

Like said, we can only hear one side of the story for now. Apparently there are witnesses, however.

Creepn
03-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Damn Symple....Who the hell broke your heart?

symple19
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Damn Symple....Who the hell broke your heart?

i'm always like this brah

symple19
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
stupid people get what stupid people deserve

"gee, i think i'll stand in a parking place while my BF turns the car around."

"hmmm, here's an angry black guy telling me to get the fuck outta the way"

"well, I got here first (on foot), so I think I'll assault this strange, angry, black man"

Not to mention the BF was probably making an illegal U-turn

crofl

Po'Boy
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
The boyfriend should have been saving the parking spot for her instead.

jack sommerset
03-08-2011, 05:06 PM
If she really started to hit him first, I don't feel sorry for either one.

Jesus Christ. She is fighting for her life, in a coma and had some of her skulled removed over a freaken parking lot spot. You can feel some sympathy here. And lets say this 100 lb woman started it, who gives a fuck? He is fine. He said he saw her boyfriend running towards him,decided then to punch the 100 lb girl in the face and ran away. Self defense my ass.

4>0rings
03-08-2011, 05:06 PM
The boyfriend should have been saving the parking spot for her instead.
Bitches don't know wtf they are doing behind the wheel. She probably would of ran over both of them killing them with her blinker still on.

Borosai
03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Carmelo must feel right at home.

The Gemini Method
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Bitches don't know wtf they are doing behind the wheel. She probably would of ran over both of them killing them with her blinker still on.

Truth.

symple19
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM

:lol

biological clock
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Time was not on her side.

Slomo
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Did you guys all miss the "flew off her feet" part?

If the guy had pushed her away because she was hitting him (hell even slapped her)...

She would have to assume part of the responsabilty for what happened to her (if she really hit him first I would go as far as to say most of the responsability). But the guy took a swing at her so hard she "flew off her feet"!?

I'm sorry if that part of the report is true, he's fucked (and correctly so).

JayTheClown
03-08-2011, 05:24 PM
New Yorkers are faggots

Your a faggot :lol

PM5K
03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Plymouth Voyager, lol.

PM5K
03-08-2011, 05:30 PM
If you type in Lana Rosas in Google images a scene from Seinfeld shows up.....

I'm not gonna laugh though...

Creepn
03-08-2011, 05:31 PM

If the guy had pushed her away because she was hitting him (hell even slapped her)...

She would have to assume part of the responsabilty for what happened to her (if she really hit him first I would go as far as to say most of the responsability). But the guy took a swing at her so hard she "flew off her feet"!?

Dont underestimate the power of them New York winds. Like a damn wind tunnel funneling through those sky scrapers.

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Fuller is accused of flying into a rage when Rosas refused to budge from an E. 14th St. parking space between Avenues A and B that she was saving for her boyfriend by standing in it.

i hate people that do that shit

PM5K
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
It's like a double edged sword. You're damned for hitting a 100 pound woman, and you're damned because she flew off her feet, supposedly because you hit her so hard, but for some reason not because she only weights 100 pounds.

Strike
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Jesus Christ. She is fighting for her life, in a coma and had some of her skulled removed over a freaken parking lot spot. You can feel some sympathy here. And lets say this 100 lb woman started it, who gives a fuck? He is fine. He said he saw her boyfriend running towards him,decided then to punch the 100 lb girl in the face and ran away. Self defense my ass.

Perhaps standing in a parking spot saving it for your boyfriend was a douchebag move, no? Was it the only available spot in the lot or was it just so someone didn't have to put one foot in front of the other a few extra times? While she didn't deserve to end up in a coma (whether she provoked it or not?, this whole "saving a parking spot" thing is something that irritates the shit out of me. This is worse than those assholes that sit in their car in the middle of the lot, engine running, wasting gas, waiting for you to load your groceries and leave the spot.

All this could have been avoided if someone would have been willing to walk a few more paces.

Creepn
03-08-2011, 05:38 PM
It's like a double edged sword. You're damned for hitting a 100 pound woman, and you're damned because she flew off her feet, supposedly because you hit her so hard, but for some reason not because she only weights 100 pounds.

It's the damn winds! Even the damn winds trying to keep the black man down!

mrsmaalox
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM

Look I'm not one who is hoping/wishing that she dies; I'm just thinking if the story occurred as reported then these have to be 2 of the stupidest people in the world. How dumb do you have to be to attack a total stranger, twice as your size, over a parking place? How dumb do you have to be to deck a total stranger, half your size, over a parking place? People can't control themselves and they are going to pay the price---unfortunately for both of them that price is pretty dear.

And I do have sympathy. I have sympathy for the families and loved ones of these 2 crazies, who now will be left to deal with the aftermath of the dumb decisions they made. Again, if this story occurred as reported.

PM5K
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/the-parking-space-picture.jpg

That Michael Jordan is so phony!

Chachachango
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Lol fighting over a fucking parking space. People these days.

baseline bum
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
If someone tries to stand in a parking spot, you just gotta pull into it anyways. They always end up moving.

silverblk mystix
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I always say to guys....NEVER hit a woman...because it is a lose-lose situation...

This guy already has a record/rap sheet of assault and drugs...you have to look REALLY hard at that ....he has done this before...and this probably makes you really question his side of the story.

None of us were there so we really don't know if she assaulted him first or not...which would be pretty stupid of her too...

It was pretty cowardly of the guy to hit her and run when the boyfriend spotted him...

if she dies...the charges will be even worse...

One split second is all it takes to ruin your life...in the movies ...guys pummel each other and fight on for an eternity...guys in the movies are allegedly six foot plus and two or three hundred plus and beat the shit outta each other and come away with a bloody nose, a couple of bruises , a few bullet holes, and they are ok...

in real life...one solid punch can ruin your life...put you in a coma, a wheelchair, prison,etc...

PM5K
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
If someone tries to stand in a parking spot, you just gotta pull into it anyways. They always end up moving.

You'd think right? With these two idiots though he would have wound up running her over, then driving off and dragging her down the road once he saw the boyfriend coming.

PM5K
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I hate that too right. You see a guy get cracked with a cast iron pan and they get up pretty quick. If I got hit by a cast iron skillet I wouldn't get back up for a month.

I dropped one on my toe once and cried for hours (J/K).

baseline bum
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
You'd think right? With these two idiots though he would have wound up running her over, then driving off and dragging her down the road once he saw the boyfriend coming.

I guess if someone wants the spot bad enough to get run down, you have to stop at the last second. I have never had it happen no matter how much shit the person talked when I told him to move though.

David Bowie
03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Why did he actually get out of the car and get into it with a girl half his size? I think that he got out of the car to intimidate her so that she would move. Seems pretty stupid. I don't see anything wrong in saving parking spots, especially if her boyfriend was just turning around to park his car. Also, the guy sounds very shady, so you can't assume what he is saying is the truth. She's in a coma. I don't see why everybody is hating on her instead of him so much.

PM5K
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
You hit me, I hit back harder, under all circumstances.

What if it's your mother, or your eight year old son?

jack sommerset
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
What if it's your mother, or your eight year old son?

LOL...It was a hundred pound girl. H wouldn't have a problem smacking his mom or a kid around!

Chomag
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM

Apparently Human life does not mean much to some around here. I guess evolution is actually going backwards. They both could be in the wrong here , but that does not give anyone to try to cause harm to another human being. For god sakes this gal wasn't even twice his size, did he really have to all out full force deck her like that? And lol at anyone who will come here and say "But she was HARMING him first!"

Self control, is such an unused skill these days

Strike
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Apparently Human life does not mean much to some around here. I guess evolution is actually going backwards. They both could be in the wrong here , but that does not give anyone to try to cause harm to another human being. For god sakes this gal wasn't even twice his size, did he really have to all out full force deck her like that? And lol at anyone who will come here and say "But she was HARMING him first!"

So are you implying that he should've controlled himself, but not the woman?

Trainwreck2100
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Actually him bustin her ass is evolution moving forward, its the epitome of survival of the fittest

Chomag
03-08-2011, 06:53 PM
So are you implying that he should've controlled himself, but not the woman?

Nope both were being stupid and the whole situation was stupid, but that does not give anyone the right to knock somone out, and possibly killing them. Self control is knowing when to act and what action ius nessesary for the situation. A punch from a 100 pound woman is not threat unless you are a complete pansy.

His story does smell though, not saying impossible but it's hard to imagine that she would start swinging at him out of the blue him being all sweet and innocent and all, maybe he tried to grab her then she swung? IMO he got out of his car to try to intimidate her. None of us know, hopefully there were credible witnesses around.

Dex
03-08-2011, 06:56 PM
"Chivalry's not dead; it's just on vacation until women realize equality sucks."

Strike
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Nope both were being stupid and the whole situation was stupid, but that does not give anyone the right to knock somone out, and possibly killing them. Self control is knowing when to act and what action ius nessesary for the situation. A punch from a 100 pound woman is not threat unless you are a complete pansy.

His story does smell though, not saying impossible but it's hard to imagine that she would start swinging at him out of the blue him being all sweet and innocent and all, maybe he tried to grab her then she swung? IMO he got out of his car to try to intimidate her. None of us know, hopefully there were credible witnesses around.

Agreed. Though some people, men and women alike, can go from calm to psycho in a split second. No idea if that was the situation in this case, though. So many variables and the whole point of just one side of the story at this point.

Sisk
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/03/07/amd_oscar_fuller.jpg

AmericanPsycho
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Agreed. Though some people, men and women alike, can go from calm to psycho in a split second. No idea if that was the situation in this case, though. So many variables and the whole point of just one side of the story at this point.

He snapped and needs to deal with the consequences. His reaction and actions were excessive and warrant prosecution.

lil'mo
03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
this could easily be solved with pictures of the victims face after the altercation.

pawe
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
It's not right to hit a woman but if that angry little woman kept assaulting the man then sucks for her that she got knocked the fugg out.
And CHOMAG, I think people here value life bro, its just the stupid circumstances that people put themselves into that is being made fun of.
I guess if you really have to look at it, the law is the law. What should be the weight limit on when its unacceptable for a woman to start a fight? Or do you think its fair that since they are weaker and smaller, they can throw punches anytime to get what they want.
You see this almost all the time outside clubs, drunk women getting physical with men and then crying foul to her male companions when she gets hit back.

Hooks
03-08-2011, 10:37 PM
She's not 100lbs, look at that gut and those thighs, that's at least 120-140lbs right there. I know, I've dated a lot of girls that were around 5'2 115lbs and they were pretty damn skinny.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fKNjB5PhpKo/TXS_b3rJr3I/AAAAAAAADbk/DeDrdGZucdw/s320/0307112.jpg