PDA

View Full Version : Lakaluva: "Chris Bosh is better in every facet of the game than Pau Gasol."

midnightpulp
03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
:lmao

Ace
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
:lol

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bosh_lakers.jpg

DesignatedT
03-08-2011, 10:04 PM

2Cleva
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I told foolish Laker fans not to get caught up in stats.

Same thing for Melo.

SA showed the mold of how to do it with 2 bigs. LA upped it to 3. Why go backwards for someone as soft as Bosh or with Melo is foolish. Too much NBA2K

Greg Oden
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Bosh > Amare

Jt.ONE
03-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Sean Cagney
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM
bosh > amare

no........

jjktkk
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Luva just showing his keen eye for talent. :lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Bosh > Pau.
My nigga Luva 100% right

jjktkk
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Bosh > Pau.
My nigga Luva 100% right

Do you wipe your mouth and hands after each post?

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Well. Let me say this Bosh right now is NOT playing better than Pau. PJ (like Luva) used to fantasize about having someone with Bosh's skill level onthe Lakers. But Despite all of that Pau is better suited for a secondary or primary role when needed...Bosh is hurting as the third wheel in miami. Sure he shoots well in some games but because his touches are limited his game is suffering. Heat should of recruited best defensive PF they could find for the third wheel and got some bench help ...Noah and a 6th man would of been a perfect fit ... instead of Bosh.

Pau deserves props for being a threat with inconsistent touches ...

DJB
03-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Get in here niggas, you weak ass Laker fans too. I told yall to back up off me with that weak shit. Bring the static.

Shut up, you tool.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Bosh would of been better off to as a 2nd option somewhere (Chicago?) than as a 3rd wheel ...

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Shut up, you tool.

Nice one.............:loser

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I'll tell you one thing right now. Bosh isn't bailing Kobe out in a Game 7 pulling down 18 boards (9 offensive) against a physical Celtic frontline. And Bosh isn't going toe to toe against Dwight Howard and holding his own in the 2009 Finals either. Pau has earned his stripes. Anyone trying to say Bosh is on his level is foolish.

jjktkk
03-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Are you serious??? Pau is an absolute Euro Bum. Take off the Purple blinders.

Kobe knows better.

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Someone deal with that quote. Yall gone let midget get yall sprayed. Explain to me how Pau has never won a fucking playoff game prior to Kobe? Explain to me how he got the name Gasoft. Sure, I'll go along with the hype, for the sake of the team and the fandom, but you niggas done lost yall fucking mind. Tell me what happened on X-Mas? Bosh seemed fine.

The same thing that happened to Kobe in previous Christmas games. He got embarrassed. It happens.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Are you serious??? Pau is an absolute Euro Bum. Take off the Purple blinders.

“It was total domination,” Stoudemire told The Arizona Republic of his 2005 first-round playoff matchup with Gasol. “But now he has a little brother (Bynum) with him so now he’s a little more confident because he’s got someone to help him in the post.”

Luva I have issues with Pau sometimes but let's be real. how much better are Bosh's Raptors numbers than Pau's Memphis numbers? I am not saying I know for sure who is better but Pau put up numbers not to far off and is a better passer and low post player ... and his team actually was making the playoffs in a tougher conference. Sure, he didnt win playoff games until Kobe but he was there ...

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm more inclined to take the opinion of someone who has played against him then some queer like you. Respond to this statement. Boston's big guy was injured, and Howard had no offensive game then... now what. Come stronger lil nigga.

KG, Wallace, Big Baby are still there. They eat Bosh for breakfast with or without Perkins...end of story. Bring it chump.

Killakobe81
03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
And my assessment of Pau is not with purple "blinders" I LOL at folks saying Pau wa sthe MVP of the Lakers ...dumbasses ...

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:49 PM
This is how much the Celtics respected Bosh :lol :lol :lol

zUQh1V2qpZg

jjktkk
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm more inclined to take the opinion of someone who has played against him then some queer like you. Respond to this statement. Boston's big guy was injured, and Howard had no offensive game then... now what. Come stronger lil nigga.

“It was total domination,” Stoudemire told The Arizona Republic of his 2005 first-round playoff matchup with Gasol. “But now he has a little brother (Bynum) with him so now he’s a little more confident because he’s got someone to help him in the post.”

This is funnier than shit watching you trying to backpedal out of this thread Luva. Even Kool would slap you upside the head for you thinking Bosh > Gasol. :lol

midnightpulp
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Lol. Lakaluva getting shat on.

hitmanyr2k
03-08-2011, 10:52 PM
They bully Pau as well. What's your point?

Couldn't do it in Game 7 when it was all on the line. Pau whooped their ass in the paint. 9 offensive boards is probably more than Bosh would have total :lol

Bring it chump.

Bandwagon Fan
03-08-2011, 10:56 PM
This isnt 2005

2010-11 Gasol > 2005-2011 Bosh > 2005 Gasol

Pau got better. Bosh is still Bosh.

Sean Cagney
03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Couldn't do it in Game 7 when it was all on the line. Pau whooped their ass in the paint. 9 offensive boards is probably more than Bosh would have total :lol

Bring it chump.

Stuipd to trade Perkins away, they were.... He was their shot at the title IMO but when he got hurt it was over.

midnightpulp
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Anyone care to post Pau's playoffs numbers vs Bosh's prior to Pau coming to LA? I dare you...lol

OK.

Pau: 12 games. .489FG, 20.0ppg, 6.4rpg, 2.6apg, 1.5blk

Those games were against the Spurs, Suns, and Mavs. All powerhouses with marquee power fowards.

Bosh: 11 games. .433FG, 20.5ppg, 9.0rpg, 3.0apg, 1blk

Bosh's games came against such great power forwards as Rashard Lewis and Mikki Moore :lol

Luva, real talk, were you born retarded or was it something you had to "learn?"

Venti Quattro
03-08-2011, 11:08 PM
lol lakaluva. bitch-made :lmao

midnightpulp
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
So Bosh has better stats... and how many more wins? It cant be worse than Pau's. Plus Pau had a much better team.

No he doesn't. 43% shooting for a big, especially when that big is matching up against the likes of Rashard Lewis and Mikki Moore, is pathetic. I know FG% is the last stat a Kobefan is likely to look at, but it's kinda important. On the other hand, Gasol had to match up against a prime Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudemire, and Dirk Nowitzki.

And how many wins each player has is irrelevant. That's a team stat. We're talking about individual players.

midnightpulp
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
One stat doesn't outweigh the others, asshole. Bosh clearly has better numbers. Since you want to add in who they played against, then ok, bring in the seasons numbers. I dare you.

No he doesn't. Spin it anyway you want, but 43% shooting is unacceptable for a PF, especially when that mark is coming against Mikki freakin' Moore :lol

Bosh was a notorious stat padder on the Raptors. What is posting their regular season numbers going to prove? You also have to consider that when Gasol was with the Grizz, the West featured the best bigs in the league whereas the East was filled with midgets.

Luva, when you fall down in a pile of shit, the first thing you should do is get up and find a way to clean yourself off, not remain on the ground and continue to roll around in it, like a goddamn pig.

Harlem Preach
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
gotta give my boy midnightpulp props. he is a great poster

jmill
03-09-2011, 12:15 AM
No he doesn't. 43% shooting for a big, especially when that big is matching up against the likes of Rashard Lewis and Mikki Moore, is pathetic. I know FG% is the last stat a Kobefan is likely to look at, but it's kinda important. On the other hand, Gasol had to match up against a prime Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudemire, and Dirk Nowitzki.

And how many wins each player has is irrelevant. That's a team stat. We're talking about individual players.

I mean I don't really care about how it relates to Kobe, forget about him for a second, but FG% in general is a very outdated metric that doesn't do a very good job of telling us how efficient a player is offensively.

* That being said, Pau has obviously been better than Bosh this year at least, and it hasn't been particularly close.

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I mean I don't really care about how it relates to Kobe, forget about him for a second, but FG% in general is a very outdated metric that doesn't do a very good job of telling us how efficient a player is offensively.

* That being said, Pau has obviously been better than Bosh this year at least, and it hasn't been particularly close.

Career playoff TS%:

Gasol .586

Bosh .523

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Anyone care to post Pau's playoffs numbers vs Bosh's prior to Pau coming to LA? I dare you...lol
They're pretty comparable actually, I'd post them except it proves absolutely nothing. You didn't say Bosh is better than Memphis Gasol at every facet of the game, you said current day Gasol.

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Wait nevermind midnight already posted them. I'd love to see the numbers Bosh woulda put up w/ 4 games against Duncan, Dirk and Amare.

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Bosh averages more points, more boards, and more blocks than Pau... and this in the playoffs and regular season. Go to bed and cuddle with your fat ass wife now.

Can you fuckin' read? Pau "clearly" averages a half block more per game in the playoffs and .6 more in the regular season than Bosh. Nice self-ownage there, champ :tu

Are you really this retarded?

I suggest you make like granddaddy and resume your role as Koolaid_Man's slave.

jmill
03-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Career playoff TS%:

Gasol .586

Bosh .523

Well I think this is a little unfair to Bosh since he's played so few playoff games, but I'm on the same side as you here and I love that you used TS%!

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Where are all the stat whores. Bring out those stats.
Didn't you just "dare" someone to post stats in this very thread?

jmill
03-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Bosh averages more points, more boards, and more blocks than Pau... and this in the playoffs and regular season. Go to bed and cuddle with your fat ass wife now.

No, no he doesn't. Prior to this year they have very comparable numbers overall, Bosh has scored a few more points per game, though he's been a little less efficient in doing so, they're basically a dead heat in rebounds, Pau beats him in blocks, and Pau beats him in assists (worth mentioning as Pau is one of the better passing bigs in the game.)

This year Pau has clearly been better though.

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:30 AM

Another one for the Lakaluva archive: "Chris Bosh averages more blocks in the playoffs and regular season than Pau Gasol."

Gasol BPG:

Playoffs - 1.5

Regular season - 1.7

Bosh BPG:

Playoffs - 1.0

Regular season - 1.1

Greg Oden
03-09-2011, 12:31 AM
ightpu, with the goods per the usual.

Dirk, Duncan, and Amare are about the last 3 PFs you want to be matched up with and Pau held his ground decently against all of them. Bosh is just a puss. :lol Mikki Moore

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
This year Pau has clearly been better though.
Since Pau has been on the Lakers and has been motivated by a winning environment, he's been WAY better than Chrissy.

Memphis Gasol and Toronto Chrissy are very comparable, the difference is Toronto Bosh was a pussy at both ends of the court while Gasol was only a pussy on defense.

midnightpulp
ightpu, with the goods per the usual.

Dirk, Duncan, and Amare are about the last 3 PFs you want to be matched up with and Pau held his ground decently against all of them. Bosh is just a puss. :lol Mikki Moore

lol

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Sacramento+Kings+Gc_zA9YUoepl .jpg

TE
Lakaluva can't simply be defending himself. Pau clearly is and always will be head, shoulders, vagina, etc, over Bosh.

Lakaluva you're so fucking stupid. You're starting to sound like BR.

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Notice how he's all silent now. :lol

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:46 AM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/xn8e4n.jpg

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 12:49 AM
So lemme get this straight, here are the reasons why Lakaluva believes Bosh > Gasol:

Det one game on Christmas Bosh dominated Gasol (the same game Lebron dominated Kobe)
The 3-8 playoff record Bosh has against the 2007 Nets (41-41, lost in next round) and 2008 Magic (52-30, lost in next round) vs. Gasol's 0-12 record against the 2004 Spurs (57-25, lost in next round), 2005 Suns (62-20, lost in WCF), and 2006 Mavs (60-22, lost in finals).
The 1.2 points on .9 more attempts Bosh's career average has on Gasol's career average during the regular season
The .2 rebounds Bosh has averaged over Gasol during the regular season (even though Gasol has more rebounds per minute and the last few years has Bosh killed).

Solid argument tbh.

Andrew Cunanan
03-09-2011, 12:51 AM
lakaluva will never admit to being wrong...it's part of his charm

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 12:53 AM
So lemme get this straight, here are the reasons why Lakaluva believes Bosh > Gasol:

Det one game on Christmas Bosh dominated Gasol (the same game Lebron dominated Kobe)
The 3-8 playoff record Bosh has against the 2007 Nets (41-41, lost in next round) and 2008 Magic (52-30, lost in next round) vs. Gasol's 0-12 record against the 2004 Spurs (57-25, lost in next round), 2005 Suns (62-20, lost in WCF), and 2006 Mavs (60-22, lost in finals).
The 1.2 points on .9 more attempts Bosh's career average has on Gasol's career average during the regular season
The .2 rebounds Bosh has averaged over Gasol during the regular season (even though Gasol has more rebounds per minute and the last few years has Bosh killed).

Solid argument tbh.

Makes no sense. But the argument is coming from a guy who failed calculus and let a golden retriever destroy his tomato plants. I guess surrounding said tomato plants with chicken wire was too demanding a task for luva's mind to comprehend.

Andrew Cunanan
03-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Makes no sense. But the argument is coming from a guy who failed calculus and let a golden retriever destroy his tomato plants. I guess surrounding said tomato plants with chicken wire was too demanding a task for luva's mind to comprehend.

chickenwire is a little barbaric, tbh

DDT ftw

cheguevara
03-09-2011, 01:10 AM

stupid lakacunt

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 01:12 AM

I know you're getting abused at home...it all makes perfect sense to me now...just know their are support groups out there for you midnight....I will be your champion and see you through this...Luva may have been right but that doesn't mean you have to accept the situation..Kool will help you fight back....

RL6kp1CwbHk

Remember Mid - you are not alone:

uJ2_AyngR50

midnightpulp
03-09-2011, 01:14 AM
I know you're getting abused at home...it all makes perfect sense to me now...just know their are support groups out there for you midnight....I will be your champion and see you through this...Luva may have been right but that doesn't mean you have to accept the situation..Kool will help you fight back....

RL6kp1CwbHk

Remember Mid - you are not alone:

uJ2_AyngR50

I didn't read your post, nor did I watch those youtube videos.

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 01:18 AM
I didn't read your post, nor did I watch those youtube videos.

In denial and it's ok...we'll eventually get through this together...I'm not your enemy...I'm here to help you fight that fat bitch wife of yours back....

mavsfan1000
03-09-2011, 02:27 AM
:lol Bosh

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Lol... yall need me so bad its ashame.

Luva can just relate to a grown man crying over losing a game. :lol

j.dizzle
03-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Bosh's pussy keeps getting pounded in harder & harder. He's mentally & physically weak. What the fuck is he good for if he cant even score. Its not like he plays any defense or rebounds. Miami made a big mistake going after his overrated ass, they could of got 2 solid players instead of him.

Axe Murderer
03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Lakaluva you're so fucking stupid. You're starting to sound like BR.

Lakaluva's just now starting to sound stupid?

Beau
03-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Just had a epiphany...

lakaluva is Charles Barkey. He's this board's motherfucking Charles Barkley. Some of the stupidest shit you're ever gonna see or hear... yet you listen and read anyway. His ignorance and bullshit is likable - you laugh with him, but usually at him.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Actually looking at the numbers, Pau has the higher PER and is also a part of EVERY top lakers 5 man unit, while kobe is absent from some of them. I'd say Pau is more important to the lakers success thus far this season than kobe.

Though he couldn't win a single playoff game until Kobe took him in.

jmill
03-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Actually looking at the numbers, Pau has the higher PER and is also a part of EVERY top lakers 5 man unit, while kobe is absent from some of them. I'd say Pau is more important to the lakers success thus far this season than kobe.

?

Kobe's PER is 24.0, Pau's is 23.7. They're basically 1a and 1b depending on the game.

And if you're referring to APM, I like the idea behind it, but it's so flawed for obv reasons. But aside from that, both are missing from a few of them, not just Kobe. Pau isn't on the 3rd highest unit while Kobe is, and Kobe isn't on the 5th highest while Pau is. Not surprisingly both of those lineups have small sample sizes wrt minutes played, and both Kobe and Pau are on the two lineups that actually have >200 minutes played together.

21_Blessings
03-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Though he couldn't win a single playoff game until Kobe took him in.

To be fair, Pau had the stones to challenge Kobe publicly. Bosh would have assumed fetal position immediately, ball-gag and all.

Kobe doesn't respect submission.

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 07:19 AM
To be fair, Pau had the stones to challenge Kobe publicly. Bosh would have assumed fetal position immediately, ball-gag and all.

Kobe doesn't respect submission.

Naah Pau didn't have no stones he was just wishing upon a star instead of sneaking a piece of the cake his mom just baked, he was licking the icing....he was really too afraid to get him a piece.....Kobe was actually protecting him...just imagine had Kobe really spoke the truth and said: " Listen up Pau stop complaining and shoot the gotdam ball when you get it."

Pau would have withered and folded....Kobe never said a word negative about him because he knew Pau wasn't and is still not ready for that kind of challenge Kobe endured with Shaq...

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 07:22 AM

and Simon says your basketball knowledge means nothing u little fruit topping you :lol...you've been marginalized...:toast

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 07:26 AM
You all are blind. Pau complains about Kobe shooting too much and him not getting touches in the post, and Kobe's the blame. Yet, Bosh is playing with two of the top three ball hogs in the league, and yet they get no blame. Pau is an overrated piece of shit, and he gets even more of a pass because he's white. Yup, I said it. You all have elevated Pau to the best big man in the league... it's mind boggling on my end. This motherfucker has virtually been outplayed by every other big man he's faced this year... especially Bosh.

^ this....there has to be an explanation for Kobe winning....even if Pau gets 2 more rings in LA...I'm not so sure he's a lock for HOF....people will look at him like....ummmmm yeah...lemme see Pau...I guess..well he was sort of....ok.....let me think about this one......:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Now let me preface this by saying I'm not a big Bosh guy...I did lobby for him once that being said...I understand fully where Luva is coming from...

I could boil this 'stat' argument down pretty easily tbh...because most of you cats are only good at trying to clown Kool but I doubt seriously when it comes to it you can hang with me intellectually on any level about any subject...:lol

Stats story: Pau's is slightly better but why is the question?

In LA Kobe goes out Pau has control of the offense....

In Miami Wade goes out Bron is in control and vice versa, Bosh is playing wonder woman to Batman and Robin...and he's doing a dam good job compared to Pau...it's rare that Bosh is ever anchoring the offense by himself...Pau gets this opportunity all the time.

Bosh is less of a pussy than Pau....Bosh will get up for the challenge of playing Shaq, Garnett, Marc Gasol :lol, you name em....Bosh would be a much better player alongside Kobe simply because he's more aggressive than Pau....Stats that Pau gets in LA you can attribute half to Kobe...

Pau is not very well at reading defensive schemes either...look at him on the floor he's out of position most of the time because he's not attuned to the simple defensive plan of the other team and is being lead or pushed to the top key or baseline by players not even playing the 4 and when this happens it leads to Pau just shooting off balanced jumpers or passing into a turnover...

He gets forced out of the block with ease...watch against any small forward...everyone and anyone has their way with him...even bigger gaurds...

Bosh - yes he had a really bad game lately but Miami's struggles are clearly not Bosh's fault, when he doesn't score he plays extra hard on defense...Wade and Bron also don't know how to use that cat...if they were smart they'd play a 1-2 game with Bosh rolling from the top of the key but they don't do this...they usually spread the floor with Wade and Bron playing a 1-2 from the wings...that's why these fuckers aren't winning in the play-offs...Bosh rolling to the front of the rim with Lebron would be awesome :lol, if he misses the shot they'd be in a decent position to get a rebound and kick it to Wade for a J since he is a better shooter than Lebron...that's how I would space them niggas.... Lebron should be the #1 option, Bosh #2 and Wade #3...sucks for Wade since it was his team originally but until this is done they ain't winning shit...Mark my words...

I've watched Bosh a few games and the Heat struggles are not his fault at all....whereas the Lakers earlier struggles we're clearly Gasol's fault...He was always out of position, he never called for the ball...and when he did get the ball because he was out of position he shot a bad shot or he made a bad pass...Usually I'd blame the point gaurd for this...but not this time...Fish and / or Blake maybe shouldn't pass him the ball when he's being an air head and not forcing his position down low, but the problem is that Pau's play / positioning allows the defensive teams to be over aggressive on our ball handlers out on the perimeter, forcing turnovers in really bad spots and leading to easy transition buckets...

You fruit toppings like TriggeredE, Tyson, Midget, et al, have no clue what the fuck you speak of...and really don't know the game...You can pull stats out of your wide open ass if you like...it won't change a dam thing...

Pau is also Lazy on defense compared to Bosh and that's saying quite a bit...:lol Pau quit on the defense end because he thought he wasn't getting his touches....but as I've stated Pau was fucking up our entire offensive sets because he was always out of position...and Kobe just got fucking tired of it...Even Phil clowned Pau for being weak...

The only way Pau plays well is if Kobe makes him feel special...Go back to 08 when Boston beat us...Pau was out there clowning himself talking about floor spacing and shit and Phil lite into him about learning how to recognize defenses...granted he's never been on the big stage before so I give a slight pass but Kobe had to remind that PAUssy just who he was and encourage him to man up against Garnett...

Listen anytime you say some shit like this you are a weak man period..Kobe must be tired of baby sitting niggas:

Kobe- "Even when he was in Memphis and he was the go-to guy, he was always very nice," Bryant said of Gasol. "I talked with Pau a little bit about being a little more selfish, being aggressive."

Pau's response:

"It definitely had a very positive effect on me that he approached me," Gasol said. "He let me know, 'Look, it starts with us. And I'll go, but you've got to go, too.' " "Every time we communicate, it has a very good effect on me," Gasol said.

No way a future HOF at this point in his career should need this elementary level of encouragement to feel good about himself...It's insane tbh...

redzero
03-09-2011, 08:31 AM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/179965-1/Bad_brother.gif

Fuck your thread.

Pelicans78
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Bosh's numbers were inflated playing in Toronto's system. They were an uptempo team meaning they had more possessions, plus he played with Bargnani at center who helped spread the floor so he could attack the rim. He doesn't have much of a post game, but instead will shoot and drive to the basket.

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Pau is an overrated piece of shit

Though it is sweeter than pie when he hits that mid range jumper. I get all googly-eyed and you can see the opponent slump ever so slightly.

It's the greatest.

Killakobe81
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM

That is what happens when you try to use stats without context outside of the first month Pau has not been more important to our success than Kobe ...

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 09:13 AM
... frankly, Kobe wouldn't let him.

tee, hee.

Ace
03-09-2011, 09:50 AM
MIAMI -- In the midst of their worst losing streak of the season and under significant pressure and scrutiny, the Miami Heat are starting to show some cracks.

Chris Bosh complained about his season-long role in the team's offense in the wake of the Heat's 105-96 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night, the Heat's fifth straight defeat.

"It is common sense, we can talk about it, but I think it's evident," Bosh said. "I just have to get it where I'm effective. I'm a big man. I can shoot the ball but I'm a big man. So I have to get it where big guys get it. Then I feel I can start helping out this team more."

I'm saying what I need to do as a player, a closed mouth doesn't get fed. I'm uncomfortable now so you might as well do something else.

-- Chris Bosh
Meanwhile, Dwyane Wade hinted that Heat coach Erik Spoelstra may need to re-evaluate the rotation. The Heat's bench was outscored 41-8 by the Blazers after scoring just six total points in last Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bulls. The team's rotation changed recently with the addition of point guard Mike Bibby, who signed last week.

"Hopefully guys can be aggressive and contribute more," Wade said. "There are guys on the bench that can help us, no question about it. That is all on coach. We've had guys like Eddie [House] help us win games and James Jones, etc. He's going to have to decide whether or not people are on the floor."

Bosh's comments came after one of his worst games of the season, scoring just seven points on 3-of-11 shooting. He was outplayed down the stretch by Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who had 26 points.

At the center of Bosh's complaint was not getting more touches in the low post. As part of the Heat's offense this season, Bosh has operated out of the high post and taken mostly jump shots while being a screen-setter for teammates Wade and LeBron James. Bosh said he planned to raise the issue with teammates and Spoelstra.

"I've got to get back in my comfort zone, I haven't been in my comfort zone," Bosh said. "A lot of things are new for me. I just have to be more aggressive in demanding my [the ball] comfort zone, you know I'll take the fault for that... I'm effective down in the low post area, so that is where I need to start getting the ball. I need to be assertive in demanding it."

Bosh has seen his scoring average dip about six points a game this season as he'a getting about three fewer shots per game than he did with the Toronto Raptors. His shots, however, are quite different.

According to Synergy Sports, 50 percent of Bosh's shots have been jumpers this season. Last year, only 31 percent of his shots were jumpers.

Going public with his frustration may have been a carryover from Sunday, when Bosh scored 23 points on 9-of-14 shooting but only got one shot in the fourth quarter. Then against the Blazers, Bosh was guarded routinely by the smaller Gerald Wallace in the first half but the Heat did not call plays for him or look for him in the post.

"I'm saying what I need to do as a player, a closed mouth doesn't get fed," Bosh said. "I'm uncomfortable now so you might as well do something else. If there's a disagreement or something, that's fine, we can talk about it. If they don't want that, that's OK, but I just feel that I have to be my normal self. I'm not there right now. I haven't been there many times this season."

During the preseason, Bosh seemed to be on board with the new niche the Heat were carving out for him that didn't include as much time in the low post.

"I never really like to bump against people that are a lot, lot bigger than me," Bosh said in October. "I'm not the biggest guy in the world. Coach is going to put him in that position sometimes. He's not going to hang me out to dry. He's going to put me in there when we have an advantage."

Wade, who combined with James to score 69 of the Heat's 96 points in the loss, said he'll attempt to address Bosh's concerns.

"I think throughout this year we've all had spells where we wanted the ball more," Wade said.

"That is what we're used to. Whenever one of our teammates comes to us and says 'I can help us more in this situation' we'll do our best to make it happen. It's the time of the year when I know I'll be very aggressive and I know LeBron will be very aggressive. We have to figure out ways to help Chris to be more aggressive and understand this moment. It is our duty and our job to make sure at this time of year, when Chris hasn't been in too many of these situations, that Chris is more productive. He can be more productive for us."

jmill
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
verbal diarrhea

Ace
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Bosh is one of the main reasons behind Miami's struggles. 4 rebounds says it all...

Brazil
03-09-2011, 10:01 AM
great thread, mid shitting on luva... :lol

bosh>pau :lmao

bluefoot
03-09-2011, 10:12 AM
So the guy with the weird mustache picture has backed himself up with these hard facts:

1. An Amare quote.
2. 1 Christmas day game.
3. Saying Bosh had better stats even after he didn't.

What is it like to have an inferiority complex where you can't admit your wrong?

Everybody in the NBA knows Chris Bosh is a complete joke including his own teammates. Yeah, he's good for a 15 foot jump shot but so was Bill Wennington.

He's even admitted he doesn't play like a big man and he's afraid to get physical down low. He has no post game and plays no defense.

Bosh does have people like your stupid ass to thank. It's people like you that hyped him into "superstar" conversation and got him a near max deal. He's paid the same as Lebron despite being a soft small forward in a power forward's body. He's a fucking joke and doesn't even know it.

You think Bosh is better than Gasol. You're stupid as hell. Bosh couldn't hold down the middle against JJ Barea.

bluefoot
03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Where has Kobe ever been without Shaq or Pau?

Answer: Nowhere.

The great and untouchable Kobe got scorched by the lameass Phoenix Suns in the first round in back to back years.

Soon as Pau comes they're a championship team.

First round bitch to championship squad. The difference: the guy being bashed. Gasol is the Lakers savior. If Jerry West hadn't dealt under the table, the Lakers would be the Denver Nuggets.

Gutter92
03-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Pau Gasol 11.9 Win Shares
Kobe Bryant 8.6 Win Shares
Lamar Odom 8.4 Win Shares

LeBron James 11.6 Win Shares
Dwyane Wade 9.3 Win Shares
Chris Bosh 7.3 Win Shares

Win Shares tell you how much of an impact on wins a player has. The Lakers are led by Gasol (.233 W/S per 48) followed by Odom (.192) and ending with Bryant at (.187)

The Heat, on the other hand, are led by LeBron (.233 W/S per 48), Wade (.200), and at the end of the pack Bosh (.161).

Gasol, for the last 2 seasons, has been THE BEST player on the Lakers. Bosh, on the other hand, is the 3rd best on his team, on a WORSE team.

Kori Ellis
03-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I merged three Bosh threads together.
He's not good enough to have three threads in the top 10.

Muser
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Bosh can't crack 50% shooting playing with two of the top 5 players in the league :lmao

Pelicans78
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
To be honest, the Lakers were doing well before Bynum's injury which kinda led to the Gasol trade.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM

jmill
03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Where has Kobe ever been without Shaq or Pau?

Answer: Nowhere.

The great and untouchable Kobe got scorched by the lameass Phoenix Suns in the first round in back to back years.

Soon as Pau comes they're a championship team.

First round bitch to championship squad. The difference: the guy being bashed. Gasol is the Lakers savior. If Jerry West hadn't dealt under the table, the Lakers would be the Denver Nuggets.

This just in: Great players don't win championships by themselves, they do it with good supporting casts. It's that way for Kobe, just like it is for Timmmay, just like it is for KG, just like it was for Shaq, and just like it was for Magic and Kareem.

Even Michael Jordan, the GOAT himself, went a combined 1-9 in the playoffs in the three years before Pippen got there and had a losing record both years, despite the fact that he was dominating the league already as an individual.

And in other news, water is wet.

Muser
03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
lol Bosh. If Pau was on that heat team they'd have the best record in the league IMO.

Muser
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
To be fair to Jordan he did take that bulls team to 3 straight ECF iirc, and there's no real shame in losing to one of the best defensive teams of all time in the bad boy Pistons.

jmill
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Difference being while Michael, Tim, shaq, etc all had help, they were always option 1a. Kobe has arguably always been 1b

Meh, this doesn't really argue against the point I'm making in my post. It's not about if Kobe was as good as MJ or Shaq, it's that pointing out that xxxx didn't do well by himself in the playoffs isn't a good way to try and criticize a player, and I would think it's obvious why.

That being said, I do think Kobe was the clear #1 on the 09 Championship team, and I think he was 1a last year, mostly because of his performance in the playoffs (yes, I know how awful he shot in game 7 of the finals, but there were 23 games in the playoffs and he was beastly overall.)

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
If the referee has to blow his nose in a Lakers/Heat game, who would he use for his tissue, Gasol, or Bosh? If he tried LeBron or Artest, his nose would get broken.

Kyle Orton
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM

It's funny because prior to this year Spurfan overrated the hell out of Chrissy Bosh.

bluefoot
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
This just in: Great players don't win championships by themselves, they do it with good supporting casts. It's that way for Kobe, just like it is for Timmmay, just like it is for KG, just like it was for Shaq, and just like it was for Magic and Kareem.

Even Michael Jordan, the GOAT himself, went a combined 1-9 in the playoffs in the three years before Pippen got there and had a losing record both years, despite the fact that he was dominating the league already as an individual.

And in other news, water is wet.

Although you tried to hedge by saying "good supporting casts", it's nice for you to make my point for me - Gasol is a legit star.