PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner - Renaissance Man

concken
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Matt Bonner dominates Spelling Bee portion of All-Star Weekend (http://www.texastravesty.com/2011/02/matt-bonner-dominates-spelling-bee-portion-of-all-star-weekend/)

LOS ANGELES—The NBA’s All-Star weekend is known for high-scoring games and extravagant dunk contests, but this year’s spotlight was stolen by Matt Bonner’s dominant performance in the 2011 All-Star spelling bee. “He was unstoppable. Whether it was a silent ‘k’ or a word with homonyms, he had an answer for it all,” said Tayshaun Prince, the bee’s runner-up. Notable words that Bonner correctly spelled included “staunch,” “serendipitous” and “dachshund”, though Bonner said the most difficult word for him was in the semi-final round when spelling bee proctor Dennis Rodman asked him to spell “Massachusetts.” Bonner was modest about his victory. “I’m very proud of this achievement, but I couldn’t have done it alone. I’d like to thank my whole team, especially Tony Parker, who refused to pass me the ball in games until I could correctly spell all words on the Scripps National Spelling Bee word list.” This was Bonner’s first spelling bee victory since the first grade, and the third overall in his illustrious career as a speller and part-time recreational basketball player.

:lol

Harlem Preach
03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
i still hate this bitch

HarlemHo 37
03-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Gotta be good at something.

Sean Cagney
03-09-2011, 12:11 AM
agree to the two above.......