PDA

View Full Version : What's the Heat's problem?

Supergirl
03-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Offer your theory here.

hater
03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Manu Ginobili said it best when he first heard of The Decision. "thankfully there is only 1 ball"

stretch
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
the problem is females talking sports

Ace
03-09-2011, 10:52 AM

it's me
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Karma …. maybe :lol

jjktkk
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Overhyped. Other than Wade, and Haslem, no toughness. Missing Haslem's toughness. No frontline. Wade, for allowing Lehype to be the team leader when Wade needs to be.

pawe
03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
KH8faQTaDuI

Red Hawk #21
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
KH8faQTaDuI

:rollin:toast

mavsfan1000
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
No bench, no point guard, no center, and an overrated PF who is soft. Lebron and Wade can't do everything.

Mike D
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Too many touches for Lebron.

jeebus
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
They're the 2002 USA basketball team 2.0

jeebus
03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
KH8faQTaDuI
x8tEGn0okXs

Harlem Preach
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
lebron lacks a good supporting cast. it has plagued him his entire career.

Fabbs
03-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Bosh not a good fit.
Could have saved his 14 mil a year and waited for another star to become available or gotten 2-3 players whose combination far outweighs Bosh.

The clowns who blame LeBron are clueless. As with Cleveland, this team doesn't do nearly as well without him.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2011, 12:25 PM
lebron lacks a good supporting cast. it has plagued him his entire career.
The supporting cast lacks a true superstar. It has plagued teams led by Lebron for his whole career.

Fabbs
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
^^^ Like the Mavs?

mavsfan1000
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
^^^ Like the Mavs?
Uh no. Dirk is way more clutch than Lebron.

Frenzy
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM

Granted no talking is better but if they are gonna talk I rather them talk sports then how some girl at work is jealous of them or how she wants to talk about feelings.

Red Hawk #21
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Man, Cleveland MUST be enjoying this.

Sigz
03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2e0rdif.gif

Is this real life?

LnGrrrR
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
If Lebron needs a better bench, maybe he should forfeit his salary and play for a buck a year :lol

JamStone
03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
They have some roster issues. They could use upgrades at the PG and C position, particularly the center position since Chris Bosh is a jumpshooting PF. Haslem could help with some toughness, but they also need an interior presence to protect the basket at the defensive end since the perimeter players gamble for steals.

I also think strategically on offense, they need better schemes where the role players can get involved a little more. It's tough for some role players to stay focused when they get so few touches. But now you're not just talking about either LeBron or Wade but if one isn't going into isolation, it's the other. Role players need some courtesy touches to get their rhythm. And I think that's a big part of the problem late in close games. Teams really start to collapse on LeBron and Wade and force them into passing and the other guys just aren't in rhythm at the end of the game and you ask guys to hit important shots when they've hardly touched the ball the whole game. The one thing about the triangle is that at least it allows for all players to get touches here in there throughout the game. Even with a ballhog like Kobe, role players get touches.

But more than anything, I think it's mentality and a lack of confidence. The Heat still have a great deal of talent, especially top end talent. They're good enough to be legitimate title contenders this year, even with the holes they have at PG, C, and seemingly the bench. Other than the Spurs loss, most of these losses to good teams are close games and they're in position to win, even having big leads in the second half. I think the losses have piled up and damaged their collective confidence. I think that's as big of an issue as any strategic problem or roster make-up problem right now.

cheguevara
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Chris Bosh is a jumpshooting PF.

not according to Chris Bosh

Frenzy
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2e0rdif.gif:depressed

Is this real life?

It's computer generated :wakeup

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I voted something else. Look, the Heat just aren't going all out. They aren't focused and they aren't giving consistent effort. That is why they have all these close games and find away to keep giving them away. That is the scary thing. If/When this team finally decides to give a shit, no one will beat them in a series. It is all up to the heat players themselves. They can only stop themselves from winning the title this year and several years after. They have all the right pieces...superstars, clutch role players, elite D,a damn good coach who is testing his players, depth and versatility.

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Wade's game has deteriorated. There is no place where he can find his contentment. He's worried about James maxing out his potential and Wade just wants to augment that max with his very best. Problem is Wade is the known proven impact, not James.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Wade's game has deteriorated. There is no place where he can find his contentment. He's worried about James maxing out his potential and Wade just wants to augment that max with his very best. Problem is Wade is the known proven impact, not James.

No that isn't the problem dude. It is laziness, boredom, consistency, etc etc. It is all within themselves. They have to realize that focus and effort are a must for 48 minutes, and that will fix everything. Losing Haslem certainly didn't help either.

DJ Mbenga
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2e0rdif.gif

Is this real life?

im sure its amateur allure

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I'll tell you their problem right here and now. First, they weren't ready to win right away, they need a couple of years at least as most every multiple champion can attest. Second, they celebrated multiple championships in July: "not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." They have only lost 21 games but other teams want to beat them as badly as any other team, if not more so. If the Miami Thrice never ring, LeBron's prediction will haunt him forever.

Ok, so I'll look at it this way. Suppose I am LeBron James. Arguably, I am going to be in contention for the GOAT discussion when all is said and done. Few players in NBA history can dominate as I can. After Wilt and MJ, it's hard to even think about putting someone ahead of us. Now, the only thing missing from my legacy is rings. D-Wade, Bosh, CP3 and I all decide we want to play together. We figure if we do, no team can stop us. Well, Paul can't join the party but we can bring the other three together. That's all we have to do, is play together and win 8+ rings.

Well, LeBron got what he wanted, to play together with is buddies. Now he is finding out why GM's put championshkip teams together, not players. Can't blame Riley for trying though. When a chance like this falls in your lap, you must go for it. Maybe not again though. History will answer that.

JamStone
03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
No that isn't the problem dude. It is laziness, boredom, consistency, etc etc. It is all within themselves. They have to realize that focus and effort are a must for 48 minutes, and that will fix everything. Losing Haslem certainly didn't help either.

That excuse might fly and might even have some validity after the second Chicago loss or after the Orlando game when they blew that big lead. After the embarrassment against the Spurs and especially after losing to the Blazers at home, that's some horseshit. There's something wrong with their collective confidence. A couple big wins would help. But I can't see how anyone could think it's boredom or laziness at this point.

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Aside from Wade there is no proven track record. No championship presence there. Even Wade's ringage reeks of dubious heritage. It counts, yes, without a doubt, but, there was nothing proven there.

Only Wade has an inkling as to the path. But, he's hamstrung by James' presence, the pecking order is:::James, Wade,,,,on & on. It has to be that way. If they have to rearrange that order they'd have to do it in broad daylight, and Stern would have a kaniption, even is James signed off on it.. James has to lead, out front high & wide. He may just be innately incapable.

Ace
03-09-2011, 02:10 PM
No offensive flow and roles players not getting involved. Bosh needs to be aggressive.

BoricuaCJA
03-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Hello troll!

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Bosh said he is going to play more like a bigman. That is GREAT news for us heat fans! More signs that things are looking better for these guys. Bosh manning up on his flaws should lift this team out of this funk.

cheguevara
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Bosh Spice man up??

:lol

Giuseppe
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
It's a wonder they get anything done. There half court offense looks like a Chinese fire drill for Christ sakes. It makes one nervous just watching them.

cobbler
03-09-2011, 04:46 PM
yeah cause nothing says "i dont give a shit" like bawling in the locker room and promising the world you wont let them down anymore.

Baseline
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
The problem is that Bosh is hugely overrated. Why this wasn't obvious to the Heat in the first place is beyond me.

He's a jumpshooting big who doesn't rebound and doesn't block shots.

If he were even a Robert Horry, who could defend and block shots, that would be great. But he's not.

Chris Bosh is only a little better than a Brad Sellers. He just floats around and flips up jumpers. Barney is more aggressive than Bosh.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
That excuse might fly and might even have some validity after the second Chicago loss or after the Orlando game when they blew that big lead. After the embarrassment against the Spurs and especially after losing to the Blazers at home, that's some horseshit. There's something wrong with their collective confidence. A couple big wins would help. But I can't see how anyone could think it's boredom or laziness at this point.

I don't think it is a confidence issue dude. They are way too talented to be losing 5 games in a row like that. It has to be a lack of motivation or simply not caring. The effort simply isn't there. This is the most talented team in basketball. They aren't this bad. If they were out there trying their hardest on a consistent basis, this 5 game losing streak wouldn't be happening. This team gets along just fine. They all love each other. They just need to have the same hungry mindset. That is all they really need. They will turn it around. Again this is the most talented and stacked team in basketball. They are way too good to keep this skid going.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
The problem is that Bosh is hugely overrated. Why this wasn't obvious to the Heat in the first place is beyond me.

He's a jumpshooting big who doesn't rebound and doesn't block shots.

If he were even a Robert Horry, who could defend and block shots, that would be great. But he's not.

Chris Bosh is only a little better than a Brad Sellers. He just floats around and flips up jumpers. Barney is more aggressive than Bosh.

Bosh says he will start playing like a bigman. Seeing him say that in the postgame has me believing he will do this. He says he will play in the post more. This could be the thing to ignite the heat to shift to that unbeatable level.

ChrisRichards
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
They pickin shit up in the playoffs, no doubt about that. The 2006 Champion Miami Heat were also having some sort of chemistry issues.

Once the playoff season rolls, Wade will right the ship and put Lebron and Bosh in their proper places.

Laugh all you want but the Heat are going to be a different team in postseason. Wade and Bron are born to perform in the postseason anyway.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
yeah cause nothing says "i dont give a shit" like bawling in the locker room and promising the world you wont let them down anymore.

Spoelstra is playing mind games with his players. He is pulling a page from Phil Jackson's book. People are lynching him for saying this to the press, but I think it was brilliant. He is trying to light a fire under his teams ass.

cobbler
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
They pickin shit up in the playoffs, no doubt about that. The 2006 Champion Miami Heat were also having some sort of chemistry issues.

Once the playoff season rolls, Wade will right the ship and put Lebron and Bosh in their proper places.

Laugh all you want but the Heat are going to be a different team in postseason. Wade and Bron are born to perform in the postseason anyway.

Their one title in 14 collective years notwithstanding.

cobbler
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Spoelstra is playing mind games with his players. He is pulling a page from Phil Jackson's book. People are lynching him for saying this to the press, but I think it was brilliant. He is trying to light a fire under his teams ass.

I couldnt agree more. Spo took one for the team and will continue to do so until Bron has him removed.

ChrisRichards
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM

True , true.

LnGrrrR
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I voted something else. Look, the Heat just aren't going all out. They aren't focused and they aren't giving consistent effort. That is why they have all these close games and find away to keep giving them away. That is the scary thing. If/When this team finally decides to give a shit, no one will beat them in a series. It is all up to the heat players themselves. They can only stop themselves from winning the title this year and several years after. They have all the right pieces...superstars, clutch role players, elite D,a damn good coach who is testing his players, depth and versatility.

I see you believe in the Green Lantern Theory. Just replace the word "Geopolitics" with "Basketball".

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2006/07/10/the_green_lantern_theory_of_ge/

What's more, this theory can't be empirically demonstrated to be wrong. Things that you or I might take as demonstrating the limited utility of military power (or basketball skill) to accomplish certain kinds of things are, instead, taken as evidence of lack of will.

Or maybe you prefer Peter Pan? If the Heat's bench claps harder, will they play better?

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I couldnt agree more. Spo took one for the team and will continue to do so until Bron has him removed.

Bron has him removed? This team gets along. Spo isn't leaving especially after they win it all this year. People keep thinking the heat are in trouble which is fucking hilarious. They simply aren't giving it their all, and they are BARLEY losing games sans the Spurs game (b2b). You can't tell me these issues of boredom will continue come playoff time when it's win or go home time.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Or maybe you prefer Peter Pan? If the Heat's bench claps harder, will they play better?

Bibby/House/Miller/Jones/Anthony/Z and possibly Haslem come late April. That bench is pretty damn good when they want to be. Again, it is all about effort and consistency and not with talent or chemistry issues.

LnGrrrR
03-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Bibby/House/Miller/Jones/Anthony/Z and possibly Haslem come late April. That bench is pretty damn good when they want to be. Again, it is all about effort and consistency and not with talent or chemistry issues.

You'd think they'd want to be good NOW, to lock up a home seed. But I guess they're cool with the third seed, and they'll drink their magic motivation Smurfariffic fruity punch drink before the playoffs in order to find that inner glow.

mavsfan1000
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Bron has him removed? This team gets along. Spo isn't leaving especially after they win it all this year. People keep thinking the heat are in trouble which is fucking hilarious. They simply aren't giving it their all, and they are BARLEY losing games sans the Spurs game (b2b). You can't tell me these issues of boredom will continue come playoff time when it's win or go home time.
lol You are delusional. Lakers own a huge size advantage over the Heat as well as most teams. The Heat probably won't get past the second round.

cobbler
03-09-2011, 05:20 PM

2nd round exit and Spo will take the bullet because it just cannot possibly be the players.

Interesting comment made by one of the guys on NBA TV. If the Heat win out the rest of the way... they tie the Cavs record of last year. Ouuuch.

So yeah, when players go on a circus like press tour and promise 8+ championships, it's perfectly natural to coast when all the microscopes on watching. There's a championship attitude for ya! :lmao

Red Hawk #21
03-09-2011, 06:41 PM

You are delusional.

Venti Quattro
03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Cos Miami's owner is a slave driver too, and the players are rebelling against the slave-driving owner :cry

Koolaid_Man
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Offer your theory here.

I didn't vote for any of your options...what's going on here is that they need to stop poking each other during the week...

Jt.ONE
03-09-2011, 09:16 PM
i cant believe james not getting enough touches was actually an option

Obstructed_View
03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
More egos than balls.

HornetLoveJones
03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
fag-itis