PDA

View Full Version : Why the Spurs won't be able to beat the Lakers in the playoffs

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
This is not another Spurs bashing thread, just a realistic preview of what the playoffs will bring should this match-up arise.

Frontcourt problems aside, the Spurs don't have anybody who demands a double team anymore. Manu can be guarded by Kobe or Ron 1-on-1, RJ is largely ineffective, and Tim is helpless against Bynum.

Tony Parker is the only Spur w/ a significant matchup advantage, but even that doesn't look good b/c he's not that great of an outside shooter. He will drive to the basket, but like we've seen from every Lakers-Spurs series, the paint will either be packed or he'll have to contend with our bigs. Notice how quickly LA was able to close out on your shooters last meeting? That's b/c hardly anybody had to leave their man for help D.

Tony Parker is the key for any chance the Spurs have. He needs to have a great shooting series and be quick with his passes. Otherwise this will be over fast.

Discuss.

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Right...that's why we beat you by 15 points with Bynum. The last game in SA was just a fluke, as you Laker fans will find out much to your dismay come playoff time.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Right...that's why we beat you by 15 points with Bynum. The last game in SA was just a fluke, as you Laker fans will find out much to your dismay come playoff time.

Do the Spurs have anybody who demands a double, besides the occasional collapsing on TP when he drives?

tlongII
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
The Spurs won't beat the Lakers in the playoffs because they won't play them. We'll beat San Antonio in the 2nd round and then we'll sweep the Lakers in the WCF.

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Do the Spurs have anybody who demands a double, besides the occasional collapsing on TP when he drives?

Irrelevant...Spurs are still 2-1 over the Lakers this season, double or no double.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:14 AM
The Spurs won't beat the Lakers in the playoffs because they won't play them. We'll beat San Antonio in the 2nd round and then we'll sweep the Lakers in the WCF.

Wallace is the goods :tu

OKC-Portland might be the best 1st round matchup we've seen in YEARS

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM

I think you're wrong about that, but if it's indeed a Blazers-Lakers WCF, you know who I'll be rooting for, and it's not the Lakers...

ManuTastic
03-09-2011, 11:15 AM
On the double-team point: do the Celtics have anyone who demands a double-team?

I'd say no. Does that mean they can't beat LA? No, it doesn't. Good team play can make up for the lack of that one scoring stud.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Irrelevant...Spurs are still 2-1 over the Lakers this season, double or no double.

Yeah, that'll save you :lmao

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
On the double-team point: do the Celtics have anyone who demands a double-team?

I'd say no. Does that mean they can't beat LA? No, it doesn't. Good team play can make up for the lack of that one scoring stud.

The Celtics play ELITE defense...the Spurs defense blows

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that'll save you :lmao

Keep talking, bub...just wait until the playoffs...the Spurs will smash the Lakers...and that's IF the Lakers get by the Mavs, which is far from guaranteed.

in2deep
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
by that logic the Heat will destroy the Lakers because they have 2 players that command double team. :D

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Keep talking, bub...just wait until the playoffs...the Spurs will smash the Lakers...and that's IF the Lakers get by the Mavs, which is what I fear the most.

fify

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:21 AM
fify

Your words, not mine, bub...

John Basedow
by that logic the Heat will destroy the Lakers because they have 2 players that command double team. :D

No, the Spurs lack of a double-threat is the MAIN reason they won't beat LA.

Others:

No offensive frontcourt presence
No defense

tdunk21
:lmao

in2deep
03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
No, the Spurs lack of a double-threat is the MAIN reason they won't beat LA.

Others:

No offensive frontcourt presence
No defense

So you agree that the Heat would destroy the Lakers. :tu

btw, your logic is severely flawed. Thus now you are backpedaling to No Defense, No frontcourt song and dance. That was quick

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Heat thumped Lakers.

Spurs thumped Heat.

Lakers thumped Spurs.

Round and round we go...who really is the best???

Wait until the playoffs...then we'll all know.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
So you agree that the Heat would destroy the Lakers. :tu

btw, your logic is severely flawed.

By all means you are welcome to counter my points against the Spurs, if you can. Drawing upon the first two meetings where the Lakers were losing games against the Kings and Bucks around the same time is up to you.

As for the Heat, they have nobody in the low post who can make Bynum, Gasol, or Odom work on the defensive end. Just drives form Wade and LeBron. Once again another team has to rely on jumpshots to beat the Lakers in the playoffs. You think that strategy will work?

in2deep
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Tony Parker is the key for any chance the Spurs have. He needs to have a great shooting series and be quick with his passes. Otherwise this will be over fast.

I think everyone agrees with that. Parker has a great series we can beat the Lakers, Parker doesn't no way we beat them.

Your knowledge is astounding. :rolleyes

tdunk21
03-09-2011, 11:29 AM
:lmao

tdunk21
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
troll trying to become famous

Sportcamper
03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
There is always this regular series banter about the Spurs & Lakers playoff series yet the Spurs rarely even make it to the later rounds of the playoffs…In any case if Tony Parker plays consistently well the Spurs will be a tough match up…

TampaDude
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
There is always this regular series banter about the Spurs & Lakers playoff series yet the Spurs rarely even make it to the later rounds of the playoffs…In any case if Tony Parker plays consistently well the Spurs will be a tough match up…

Okay...you're clueless... :lmao

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
I think everyone agrees with that. Parker has a great series we can beat the Lakers, Parker doesn't no way we beat them.

Your knowledge is astounding. :rolleyes

You don't have to tell me, I know.

in2deep
03-09-2011, 11:35 AM

It's clear this year's Spurs team is better than 2008,2009,2010 teams. I like my chances vs. anyone with this team. Compared to the previous 3 years where I was hoping for miracles.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:39 AM
It's clear this year's Spurs team is better than 2008,2009,2010 teams. I like my chances vs. anyone with this team. Compared to the previous 3 years where I was hoping for miracles.

Do you think San Antonio should be favored if they meet up with LA in the WCF (assuming SA holds onto HCA)?

in2deep
03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Do you think San Antonio should be favored if they meet up with LA in the WCF (assuming SA holds onto HCA)?

assuming HCA and health. No. And Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker will agree. The champs are the favorites.

Lakers are favorites in any playoff series including the Finals.

BUT, as I said, Spurs are very, very close. Much much closer than in the previous 3 years.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 11:45 AM
assuming HCA and health. No. And Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker will agree. The champs are the favorites.

Lakers are favorites in any playoff series including the Finals.

BUT, as I said, Spurs are very, very close. Much much closer than in the previous 3 years.

Fair enough :tu

spurtech09
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
this thread is full of fail....

mingus
03-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Will the Lakers go inside-out for the length of the series (should they play)? That's going to determine whether the Spurs win or lose. Really the only hope that I have is that Kobe goes into chucker mode. Unless Tiago Splitter developes into a really good player over the course of the next 20 games or so, the Laker's height is going to be hard to overcome.

That said, I don't expect Duncan to perform the way he has against the Lakers so far this season in a playoff series. Same with Manu. Which changes the dynamics quite a bit.

Horse
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
How bout our bench? Way better than the laker bench. Timmy will step it up get bynum in foul trouble like he always does. Manu will step it up as well. And your right they have no match for Parker which will lead to fouls and open 3's.

daslicer
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
John I would have taken you seriously if you said the spurs won't beat the lakers because of their size. I can definitely see how thats possible but lol when you said Kobe will shut down Manu thats when I lost you. Kobe is one of the worst defensive players in the league the guy is pure garbage when it comes to guarding elite perimeter players hell he sucks when even guarding scrubs. Have you noticed how Kobe will never guard a guy whose capable of scoring 20 a game that its Ron who guards those guys. Kobe is a terrible defender that even Bruce Bowen scored his playoff career high against him. If Kobe guards Manu I really like the spurs chances considering Kobe is an awful defender. For the spurs to win its really going to come down to RJ showing up since he's the guy that Kobe will guarding in a 7 game series. If RJ hits his open shots then the spurs will have a good chance to win.

Sportcamper
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Kobe is a terrible defender

Kobe is one of the best defenders in the NBA….Where do you “Homers” come up with this stuff…:lmao
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5165424

Man In Black
03-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Kobe is one of the best defenders in the NBA….Where do you “Homers” come up with this stuff…:lmao
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5165424

He isn't what you would call a lockdown defender and most of his d consists of playing free safety. When he get these votes, it's more a vote based on past performance and not what's going on now. It's been that way for awhile now.
Wouldn't one say that Ron Artest is the best defender and he didn't even make 2nd team last year.

GrandeDavid
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
This is not another Spurs bashing thread, just a realistic preview of what the playoffs will bring should this match-up arise.

Frontcourt problems aside, the Spurs don't have anybody who demands a double team anymore. Manu can be guarded by Kobe or Ron 1-on-1, RJ is largely ineffective, and Tim is helpless against Bynum.

Tony Parker is the only Spur w/ a significant matchup advantage, but even that doesn't look good b/c he's not that great of an outside shooter. He will drive to the basket, but like we've seen from every Lakers-Spurs series, the paint will either be packed or he'll have to contend with our bigs. Notice how quickly LA was able to close out on your shooters last meeting? That's b/c hardly anybody had to leave their man for help D.

Discuss.

I think that's a pretty realistic assessment. The Lakers undoubtedly pose matchup problems for the Spurs down low and I'm not a fan of relying on a decline in the other team's collective passion and effort as a factor. I'm sure that the Lakers will be playing very hard if/when these two teams match up. The other thing that concerns me is if the Lakers are rotating well on defense its gonna be hard to get those open three point shots. So not only do you have size to contend with in the paint, if they're on the ball on their perimeter D, it'll really pose a challenge.

What the Spurs can control will hopefully come on the defensive end. Hopefully the Spurs become better at on the ball defense...actually, hopefully they become a little better in every defensive statistical category!

No doubt it'll take a monumental effort and a few breaks for the Spurs to beat the Lakers, but we'll see what happens when they actually play the series.

ajballer4
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
NBA defensive teams are a joke.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
John I would have taken you seriously if you said the spurs won't beat the lakers because of their size. I can definitely see how thats possible but lol when you said Kobe will shut down Manu thats when I lost you. Kobe is one of the worst defensive players in the league the guy is pure garbage when it comes to guarding elite perimeter players hell he sucks when even guarding scrubs. Have you noticed how Kobe will never guard a guy whose capable of scoring 20 a game that its Ron who guards those guys. Kobe is a terrible defender that even Bruce Bowen scored his playoff career high against him. If Kobe guards Manu I really like the spurs chances considering Kobe is an awful defender. For the spurs to win its really going to come down to RJ showing up since he's the guy that Kobe will guarding in a 7 game series. If RJ hits his open shots then the spurs will have a good chance to win.

Slice you lost me when you said Kobe wasn't a good defender. :lmao

He's been an elite defender the past decade, and has the hardware to prove it. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone over the course of the last 3 title runs (including our 08 loss to Boston) who's gotten the better of Kobe over the course of a series. Sure, players get hot from time-to-time, but not on him over the course of a series.

Did you even watch the playoffs last year? Westbrook was torching us, and Phil made the switch to put Kobe on him in Games 5 and 6...and what happened? In the finals Kobe neutralized Rondo and rendered him almost useless. Know of what you speak before you speak it.

As for a Lakers-Spurs matchup, of course Phil would put Artest on Manu. He's their best offensive threat and Ron is our best lockdown defender. Besides, why have Kobe expend excess energy on the defensive end when he's more needed offensively? Ron just shoots jumpers so is already pathetic offense won't be affected by chasing Manu around. Kobe only has to guard RJ--what a tough assignment:lmao:lmao

For the times Ron is out Kobe can more than guard him. Can Manu guard Kobe? Wait, best not to answer that:rollin

Kobe's regular season D mimics the Lakers' regular season D---not much effort. When the playoffs roll around he's lockdown. Numbers don't lie.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I think that's a pretty realistic assessment. The Lakers undoubtedly pose matchup problems for the Spurs down low and I'm not a fan of relying on a decline in the other team's collective passion and effort as a factor. I'm sure that the Lakers will be playing very hard if/when these two teams match up. The other thing that concerns me is if the Lakers are rotating well on defense its gonna be hard to get those open three point shots. So not only do you have size to contend with in the paint, if they're on the ball on their perimeter D, it'll really pose a challenge.

What the Spurs can control will hopefully come on the defensive end. Hopefully the Spurs become better at on the ball defense...actually, hopefully they become a little better in every defensive statistical category!

No doubt it'll take a monumental effort and a few breaks for the Spurs to beat the Lakers, but we'll see what happens when they actually play the series.

Solid post. The reason why this San Antonio team isn't feared like ones in the past is defense. Tim was an elite defensive anchor and Bowen was a lockdown perimeter defender. The Spurs could make teams go half a quarter w/o a fg, but that defense waved bye-bye long ago. They have to hope they make their jumpshots, that's it.

GrandeDavid
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Kobe Bryant is five time First Team All Defensive. Maybe he's lost a half of a step, but he's still gotta be considered an excellent defender. I think that Ron Artest guards the opposing star because Phil Jackson has a brain. Why waste Kobe's energy clawing on defense when he doesn't have to?

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Kobe Bryant is five time First Team All Defensive. Maybe he's lost a half of a step, but he's still gotta be considered an excellent defender. I think that Ron Artest guards the opposing star because Phil Jackson has a brain. Why waste Kobe's energy clawing on defense when he doesn't have to?

Exactly.

daslicer
03-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Kobe winning defensive first team is more like a popularity contest and nothing else. If Kobe was a great defender he would guard atleast the second best wing players on the opposing team but he doesn't even do that. Just look a the finals he guarded the guy with the worst offensive game which is Rondo. Kobe never guarded Ray or Pierce for a full game but instead took on Rondo because Rondo was easier for him to cover. Kobe also against the suns shied away from guarding Jrich or Nash but instead guarded the 50 year old Grant Hill. Also how about the thunder last year when for most of the series he guarded Sefolosha instead of Westbrook. Kobe is a shit defender the guy is overatted. If RJ could show up consistently then I would like the spurs chances of beating the Lakers in a 7 game series due to Kobe being a crap defender.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Kobe winning defensive first team is more like a popularity contest and nothing else. If Kobe was a great defender he would guard atleast the second best wing players on the opposing team but he doesn't even do that. Just look a the finals he guarded the guy with the worst offensive game which is Rondo. Kobe never guarded Ray or Pierce for a full game but instead took on Rondo because Rondo was easier for him to cover. Kobe also against the suns shied away from guarding Jrich or Nash but instead guarded the 50 year old Grant Hill. Also how about the thunder last year when for most of the series he guarded Sefolosha instead of Westbrook. Kobe is a shit defender the guy is overatted. If RJ could show up consistently then I would like the spurs chances of beating the Lakers in a 7 game series due to Kobe being a crap defender.

Ignoring the facts won't win you this argument, but nice try.

daslicer
03-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Oh please I'm not even talking about guarding the best player I'm talking about guarding the second best player or a guy capable of scoring 20 points. If he was such a great defensive player he would take on the challenge thats why I don't buy that bs. Hell in '03 he did a great job of Bruce Bowen I remember that game where Bruce drilled 7 3's in his mug. Kobe is shit defender thats one of the reasons why Phil puts him on terrible players. Just watch the Miami game tomorrow and watch how Kobe will be forced to guard Wade instead of Mario Chalmers who he probably wishes he could match up with.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh please I'm not even talking about guarding the best player I'm talking about guarding the second best player or a guy capable of scoring 20 points. If he was such a great defensive player he would take on the challenge thats why I don't buy that bs. Hell in '03 he did a great job of Bruce Bowen I remember that game where Bruce drilled 7 3's in his mug. Kobe is shit defender thats one of the reasons why Phil puts him on terrible players. Just watch the Miami game tomorrow and watch how Kobe will be forced to guard Wade instead of Mario Chalmers who he probably wishes he could match up with.

If Rondo is such a non-threat then why did LeBron James (yes, runner-up for DPOY) switch from guarding Pierce to him for most of the ECSF?

lol...we get it, you hate Kobe. Time to get over it.

spurtech09
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
major troll lol

spurs10
03-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Sounds like the OP is betting the ranch on Bynum, who is already complaining about his pain. Saying Tim is "helpless" against Bynum is kind of tipping your hat that you don't want a serious discussion about basketball. Tim isn't as quick on his feet as years gone by, but he's got leadership, bbIQ, character, and an offensive game that Bynum will never have. Bynum is long, but isn't very durable for being a kid.

bus driver
03-09-2011, 02:29 PM
when the playoffs start i suspect kobe to take more control, leaving out the 3 stooges because he doesnt trust them.
and i think the key to beating the lakers to to have kobe shoot the ball more...that leads to 9 against kobe

in the majority of the spurs loses the other team has shot lights out and that is why i like their chances because that wont happen 4 out 7 times.

The_Worlds_finest
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Lakers path would include, portland, Dallas

Spurs have a less difficult path of Memphis, OKC. that alone is worth one game in the WCF

Budkin
03-09-2011, 02:53 PM
No one knows what's going to happen... that's what is going to make it so fun.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Sounds like the OP is betting the ranch on Bynum, who is already complaining about his pain. Saying Tim is "helpless" against Bynum is kind of tipping your hat that you don't want a serious discussion about basketball. Tim isn't as quick on his feet as years gone by, but he's got leadership, bbIQ, character, and an offensive game that Bynum will never have. Bynum is long, but isn't very durable for being a kid.

Duncan:

First game: 29 minutes, 1-7 fgs, 2pts, 4 rebs, 0 blks
Second game: 33 minutes, 3-12 fgs, 8pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks
Third game: 23 minutes, 1-7 fgs, 2pts, 7 rebs, 0 blks

Bynum:

First game: 22 min, 4-4 fgs, 10pts, 7 rebs, 1 blk
Second game: 29 min, 4-7 fgs, 10pts, 10 rebs, 3 blks
Third game: 27 min, 2-2 fgs, 4 pts, 17 rebs, 3 blks

Tim has played more minutes and has done absolutely jack shit against Andrew Bynum. Duncan is averaging 4 pts, 6 rebs, <1 blk, and shooting an absolutely abominable percentage against Baby Drew. Helpless.

What was that about serious discussion?

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Lakers path would include, portland, Dallas

Spurs have a less difficult path of Memphis, OKC. that alone is worth one game in the WCF

crofl on so many levels.

-Portland is going to finish 5th
-OKC is going to beast you on the boards with Perkins and Ibaka BOTH in the paint.
-lol thinking Memphis is going to be easy...they just damn near took 2 games from you without their best player on the court.

mjnxn
03-09-2011, 03:11 PM
The OP is correct. Single coverage allows their players to easily rotate to our 3 pt shooters. Granted TP and Manu can penetrate, Bynum will be guarding the paint making their drives and shots extra difficult. On paper, the Lakers dominate this matchup both inside and out.

For the Spurs to have a chance, the following criteria must be met:

LA must be exhausted by the time game 1 comes around, similar to 08 when the Spurs had that grueling 7 game series with New Orleans.
Not only must they defend home court, they need to at least blow the Lakers out in one of those games to put some doubt in their minds
Tim Duncan needs to shift into a higher gear and become a legitimate post presence both offensively and defensively
The Spurs themselves cannot be fatigued either.
RJ needs to significantly contribute to the offense so Kobe expends energy guarding him

I don't really see 3 and 4 happening though. It's painful to watch how slow TD is these days, and I doubt he can get guys like Bynum into foul trouble.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:16 PM
The OP is correct. Single coverage allows their players to easily rotate to our 3 pt shooters. Granted TP and Manu can penetrate, Bynum will be guarding the paint making their drives and shots extra difficult. On paper, the Lakers dominate this matchup both inside and out.

For the Spurs to have a chance, the following criteria must be met:

LA must be exhausted by the time game 1 comes around, similar to 08 when the Spurs had that grueling 7 game series with New Orleans.
Not only must they defend home court, they need to at least blow the Lakers out in one of those games to put some doubt in their minds
Tim Duncan needs to shift into a higher gear and become a legitimate post presence both offensively and defensively
The Spurs themselves cannot be fatigued either.
RJ needs to significantly contribute to the offense so Kobe expends energy guarding him

I don't really see 3 and 4 happening though. It's painful to watch how slow TD is these days, and I doubt he can get guys like Bynum into foul trouble.

Good points all around.

The problem with Duncan is that referees--much like fans-- are very fickle when it comes to superstars and the type of treatment they should get. If they sense a player is falling off they simply won't give him the calls he used to get. Shaq is a prime example of this. What used to be a foul on the opponent now translates to offensive foul, 3 seconds, or traveling.

Tim hasn't shown that dominance around the basket and he no longer demands double coverage, thus he won't get calls.

mjnxn
03-09-2011, 03:25 PM
If anything, Duncan needs to guard the more finesse Gasol as opposed to Bynum. Duncan is stronger, has the length, and isn't terribly slow compared to the Spaniard. I don't know who we'd put on Bynum, but it seems that Blair (who at least has the strength) would be the most optimal. Granted Bynum can score easily on him, that means less touches for the other guys and a less-focused Bynum on the defensive end.

crc21209
03-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Discuss.

Sounds like a troll just bashing if you ask me....:lol

crc21209
03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
crofl on so many levels.

-Portland is going to finish 5th
-OKC is going to beast you on the boards with Perkins and Ibaka BOTH in the paint.
-lol thinking Memphis is going to be easy...they just damn near took 2 games from you without their best player on the court.

Theres no guarantee that Perkins will be even fully healthy to compete in a 7-game series. Sure, he might go out there and play, but he wont be the same...

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
If anything, Duncan needs to guard the more finesse Gasol as opposed to Bynum. Duncan is stronger, has the length, and isn't terribly slow compared to the Spaniard. I don't know who we'd put on Bynum, but it seems that Blair (who at least has the strength) would be the most optimal. Granted Bynum can score easily on him, that means less touches for the other guys and a less-focused Bynum on the defensive end.

That's not a terrible idea, but you gotta weigh the pros and cons of such moves. Putting a 6-7 PF against a 7-1 C could have disastrous results. For one, DJB would most likely be in foul trouble before the 8 minute mark of the 1st Q...but if they chose to double him then that could work out in their favor. Bynum's biggest weakness is passing out of the DT--he's still very raw in that part of his game.

Secondly, Tim is stronger and able to body up Gasol, but Pau moves without the ball almost more than any other legit 4, and he's got a great midrange J too. Duncan would be gassed by the 4th quarter if he had to man-up Gasol, imho.

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a troll just bashing if you ask me....:lol

tbh scro your services are sorely needed in the NBA Forum. MiamiHeat and HH37 have gone AWOL recently, and the Heat have now called upon their 3rd fellator to save the day. You're the Speaker of the Heat House, so to speak...do your duty:toast

George Gervin's Afro
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
so now the laker trolls come out with threads like this one AFTER Sunday's game... I wonder where the threads were prior to Sunday... can someone find them?

John Basedow
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
so now the laker trolls come out with threads like this one AFTER Sunday's game... I wonder where the threads were prior to Sunday... can someone find them?

You are more than welcome to contradict the veracity of my OP if you have some legitimate points to bring to the table.

roycrikside
03-09-2011, 03:49 PM

Discuss.

You could very well be right that the Lakers will beat the Spurs, however your analysis is flawed on several fronts:

1. Manu has shown in the past that he can score on Artest and Kobe, especially the former. A couple bad games doesn't change their history. Ginobili will be more aggressive when he needs to be. Also, he'll have more energy in the offensive end because I strongly suspect that in the playoffs Pop will have him on Artest a lot of the time to spare his legs on defense. Right now Pop has him on Kobe, but Pop does that because he doesn't want to show all his cards. I think you'll see a lot of RJ or Hill on Kobe.

2. If you think Duncan will struggle dramatically against the Lakers in the playoffs as he has in the regular season, you're delusional. He'll go right at them and he knows how to draw fouls, especially on Bynum.

3. You keep claiming the Spurs have terrible defense, however that hasn't been the case in any of the three match-ups. If you actually watched the last game, you'd have realized the Lakers made an uncharacteristic amount of contested threes and long twos. They took the shots we wanted them to take and the same shots they missed consistently in the first two meetings. It's not like it was a lay-up line out there by any means. The Spurs have played at least 25 worse defensive games this season than last Sunday. Lakers just had a hot night, that's all it was.

Also, it took Kobe 25 shots to score 26 points and that was by far his "best" performance against the Spurs this year. In all three meetings we've kept him away from the free throw line by and large and turned him into a jump shooter. If we're gonna lose to LA it will be because of great series by Gasol and Bynum, not Kobe.

roycrikside
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Also, I don't understand where your bizarre fascination with double teams comes from. The Spurs don't double anyone on the Lakers either unless they're trapped and it can catch them by surprise. For the most part they play LA straight up, like anyone else.

George Gervin's Afro
03-09-2011, 03:52 PM
You are more than welcome to contradict the veracity of my OP if you have some legitimate points to bring to the table.

you are more than welcome to show us your crap prior to Sunday's game..if not, you are a bandwagon fan who only shows up when your team wins. No need to answer a bandwagon post

George Gervin's Afro
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
You could very well be right that the Lakers will beat the Spurs, however your analysis is flawed on several fronts:

1. Manu has shown in the past that he can score on Artest and Kobe, especially the former. A couple bad games doesn't change their history. Ginobili will be more aggressive when he needs to be. Also, he'll have more energy in the offensive end because I strongly suspect that in the playoffs Pop will have him on Artest a lot of the time to spare his legs on defense. Right now Pop has him on Kobe, but Pop does that because he doesn't want to show all his cards. I think you'll see a lot of RJ or Hill on Kobe.

2. If you think Duncan will struggle dramatically against the Lakers in the playoffs as he has in the regular season, you're delusional. He'll go right at them and he knows how to draw fouls, especially on Bynum.

3. You keep claiming the Spurs have terrible defense, however that hasn't been the case in any of the three match-ups. If you actually watched the last game, you'd have realized the Lakers made an uncharacteristic amount of contested threes and long twos. They took the shots we wanted them to take and the same shots they missed consistently in the first two meetings. It's not like it was a lay-up line out there by any means. The Spurs have played at least 25 worse defensive games this season than last Sunday. Lakers just had a hot night, that's all it was.

Also, it took Kobe 25 shots to score 26 points and that was by far his "best" performance against the Spurs this year. In all three meetings we've kept him away from the free throw line by and large and turned him into a jump shooter. If we're gonna lose to LA it will be because of great series by Gasol and Bynum, not Kobe.

what? The lakers won't shoot 65% all of the time?

mjnxn
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
That's not a terrible idea, but you gotta weigh the pros and cons of such moves. Putting a 6-7 PF against a 7-1 C could have disastrous results. For one, DJB would most likely be in foul trouble before the 8 minute mark of the 1st Q...but if they chose to double him then that could work out in their favor. Bynum's biggest weakness is passing out of the DT--he's still very raw in that part of his game.

Secondly, Tim is stronger and able to body up Gasol, but Pau moves without the ball almost more than any other legit 4, and he's got a great midrange J too. Duncan would be gassed by the 4th quarter if he had to man-up Gasol, imho.

You use single coverage blair/splitter on bynum and hope to avoid the fouls. If anything, it can put LA out of rhythm if they are running their offense through Bynum without Kobe & Gasol running their very potent two-man game. As I said, LA has too many matchups in their favor so it's inevitable that you HAVE to concede one matchup. This can be successful, as the Spurs have won before letting some guys go off while shutting down others (Dirk last year).

Dice and Bonner will be huge in this series having to guard gasol and spare tim some minutes. The best thing to hope for is Gasol taking those mid-range shots and not getting anything easy at the rim. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

20beastie45
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I hate to say it but John Basedow is somewhat correct. I do believe that the spurs will win the WCF if we shall meet, but it's going to take an above average Rebounding and Scoring game from Duncan. Kobe can score fifty for all i care...If I were Phil I'd feed Gasol and Bynum from the get go.

X factor is Dice
Defensive Rebounding needs to be our focus.

mingus
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Duncan:

Bynum:

Tim has played more minutes and has done absolutely jack shit against Andrew Bynum. Duncan is averaging 4 pts, 6 rebs, <1 blk, and shooting an absolutely abominable percentage against Baby Drew. Helpless.

nice one-sided argument

want to bring up tim's career average playoff numbers?

George Gervin's Afro
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
nice one-sided argument

want to bring up tim's career average playoff numbers?

Well he thinks the reg season is the same as the post season..

spurs10
03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Duncan:

Bynum:

Oh so the first two games do matter. Tim's stats were not up to par in the 1st two games and we still won. One being a blowout and the other where we got sloppy in the end and had to play that horrible defense of ours to get every board we needed for the win. Calling Tim "helpless" in games where we won is over the top, don't ya think? His shots werent falling so he played great d and everyone else scored on you. And, a guy with your avatar who use the word "brah" frequently is obviously too big of a douche bag to be taken horribly serious ever. It's 2and 1, we got the tie-breaker and hca and that's all. :flag:

2Cleva
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Career playoff numbers mean little - for SA or LA.

No need to argue this on either side. It will be decided on the court. But the best playoff indicator is matchups and which team can impose their will on the other.

SA will be undersized so they will rely on Parker and Ginobili attacking the basket and kickout 3s to win with their bigs getting what they can. That's how they've had success all season.

Serious doubts that plan works against the Lakers but hey "everyone has a plan until they get hit".

spurs10
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Career playoff numbers mean little - for SA or LA.

No need to argue this on either side. It will be decided on the court. But the best playoff indicator is matchups and which team can impose their will on the other.

SA will be undersized so they will rely on Parker and Ginobili attacking the basket and kickout 3s to win with their bigs getting what they can. That's how they've had success all season.

Serious doubts that plan works against the Lakers but hey "everyone has a plan until they get hit".
Agreed, especially "everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face."
Ain't it the truth!:toast

spurs10
03-09-2011, 06:02 PM
2Cleva while I agree with this getting "decided on the court" and whoever imposes their will coming out on top. I think we have had success in other areas than Manu and TP attacking and the kick out 3. Our most important wins have had us getting some stops, so improving our defense is indeed going to be our key... we'll see very soon.

roycrikside
03-09-2011, 06:06 PM
There's only thing that we as Spurs fans can be positive of:

If we win the title then the fans of the loser of the LA/Dal 2nd round series will claim our championship deserves an * because we "didn't have to go through them."

You know those threads will be out in full force by the trolls.

2Cleva
03-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I think we have had success in other areas than Manu and TP attacking and the kick out 3. Our most important wins have had us getting some stops, so improving our defense is indeed going to be our key...

There has been a lot of talk by NBA media who like the Spurs but they keep saying how other top NBA players view them (Mike Wilbon being most vocal). SA isn't built on D like in the past (no one denies that) and are almost like the Suns in attack style.

SA will get stops against many teams but the playoffs are about keying in on strengths/weaknesses. In a playoff setting, SA needs LA to beat themselves for the most part because they don't have anyone who can defend LA's top 4 offensive weapons.

Kobe - Hill is the only one with a shot. His quickness would hamper Kobe's dribble penetration but Kobe would just go to the post.

Pau/Bynum - Duncan doesn't have it anymore and Blair is just too small. I said at the beginning of the season - Splitter was the wild card. But he hasn't provided any of the impact I was worried he would. Pretty much a stiff in NBA terms as a rookie. He can get better in the future but I've seen nothing to indicate this year.

LO - The current rotation has Bonner and Novak matched up against him and that won't get it done.

I guess hopes can be pinned on McDyess. He has the toughness and guile but Pau/Bynum really can overpower or just play above him and he's too slow for LO.

SA has the heart and mind of champions - just not the bodies.

PDXSpursFan
03-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Why the Spurs won't be able to beat the Lakers in the playoffs?

Because the Lakers will be beaten by the Mavs on the 2nd round.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2011, 07:45 PM
lakerfan is still worried.

Kool Bob Love
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Why the Spurs won't be able to beat the Lakers in the playoffs?

Because the Lakers will be beaten by the Mavs on the 2nd round.

This

Or

Spurs make these clowns cry...word to 2003.

xellos88330
03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
RJ is the X-Factor for the Spurs. Calling him ineffective against LA is a complete farce. If RJ is agressive in his play, the Spurs beat the Lakers. When he isn't, the Spurs lose.

Game 1: Spurs win.

6-14 FGM/A
2-8 3ptM/A
7 REB
2 Assists
1 Block
15 pts

Game 2: Spurs win

7-12 FGM/A
4-8 3ptM/A
1 Rebound
1 Assist
1 Block
18 pts

Game 3: Spurs lose

0-3 FGM/A
0-1 3ptM/A
1 Rebound
0 Assists
1 Block
1 pts

It all depends on which RJ shows up. The passive or aggressive one. There were a few times when RJ could have had a shot, but passed it up during the loss. It pissed me off something fierce. I hope the man brings it, because if he doesn't the Spurs could very well be beaten by the Lakers.

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 12:39 AM
If RJ is your X-Factor then I'm afraid all hope is lost.

Good season though.

crc21209
03-10-2011, 12:41 AM
If RJ is your X-Factor then I'm afraid all hope is lost.

Good season though.

Damn, still keeping this troll thread going I see.....

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Damn, still keeping this troll thread going I see.....

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5037738&postcount=59

crc21209
03-10-2011, 12:50 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5037738&postcount=59

:lol OK. :tu Either you must have me confused with some other guy, or you don't know how to read....Because if you havent noticed under my user name, it says "Team-San Antonio Spurs."

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 12:56 AM
:lol OK. :tu Either you must have me confused with some other guy, or you don't know how to read....Because if you havent noticed under my user name, it says "Team-San Antonio Spurs."

scro you're one of the biggest LBJ/Heat cumchuggers in the NBA Forum.

This is a fact

crc21209
03-10-2011, 12:59 AM
scro you're one of the biggest LBJ/Heat cumchuggers in the NBA Forum.

This is a fact

Whatever you say troll, you win. :tu If it makes your day, I'll let you have it....

chasky
03-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Duncan:

Bynum:

I would be worried, if the Spurs had lost to the Lakers with a 20-10 of Tim.

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Whatever you say troll, you win. :tu If it makes your day, I'll let you have it....

We can look up some of your pro-Heat posts if you find my answer unsatisfactory.

BaumSquad
03-10-2011, 01:31 AM
I think the Lakers will be really tough to beat, and they are the favorites until proven otherwise.
Here is my opinion on the topic:
Duncan is still a very good defender. Is he a little slower than he used to be? yes, but his timing is great. The part of Duncan I am worried about is his offense. I have been saying to myself all year that he has just been biding his time for the playoffs but now I'm genuinely concerned. I mean, he cant be that much worse than he was last year in the playoffs when he was pretty good against the mavs. bottom line is I'm just hoping I was right and he has been biding his time.
I think the spurs are a much better defensive team than they get credit for. aside from the occasional lapse, they turn up the defense when they need to. I also think Manu is an excellent defender and at times will be used against kobe. But what he is really good at is help defense which I think is a lot rarer for a guard. The only position where I think we are really weak at defensively is the center spot.
Anyways, the Lakers are good without question. and i know that come playoff time they will be ready to compete, I just hope Tim Duncan's offensive game makes an appearance and I think we definitely have a shot

Capt Bringdown
03-10-2011, 01:47 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2010/11/Matt-Bonner-back-11132-306x424.jpg

tuncaboylu
03-10-2011, 03:29 AM
We can look up some of your pro-Heat posts if you find my answer unsatisfactory.

Did you unable to find somebody to fuck you in LA forum and looking for someone here?

analyzed
03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
You're totally missing the point of the Spurs offense, the Spurs don't rely on isolations or matchups that draw double teams. Rather the offense is centered around pick and rolls with Manu or tony with the ball. And yes for teams to cover the pick and roll between say Manu and Tim, they need to send an extra man , normally a wing which opens up the corners for free threes, So in essence the impact is similar to drawing a double team. I think your premise is flawed and narrow minded, there are other ways of drawing a man to free up shooters.

2Cleva
03-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I would be worried, if the Spurs had lost to the Lakers with a 20-10 of Tim.

I don't believe a 20-10 Tim exists against the Lakers anymore. Evidence, win or lose for SA, supports that. They are just too big/athletic for him.

You're totally missing the point of the Spurs offense, the Spurs don't rely on isolations or matchups that draw double teams. Rather the offense is centered around pick and rolls with Manu or tony with the ball. And yes for teams to cover the pick and roll between say Manu and Tim, they need to send an extra man , normally a wing which opens up the corners for free threes, So in essence the impact is similar to drawing a double team. I think your premise is flawed and narrow minded, there are other ways of drawing a man to free up shooters.

LA switches on all perimeter pick and roll. Phil has always done that - hence why SA has struggled shooting the 3 vs LA in the playoffs. But now, they aren't sending Bynum out of the paint area. If the P&R is his man, they aren't going to try to trap to stop dribble penetration - they are just funneling it right to Bynum.

We saw that in the last game, after Parker and Ginobili got their shot blocked or had to alter it a couple times, they weren't looking to aggressively score off P&R because they knew the result. So they would dribble through the paint a few times and kick it back out but the defense was still set.

At one point in the 2nd quarter, Parker drove off a scramble situation and Fisher/Kobe collapsed although Bynum was already there. Parker kicked it out to Bonner for an open 3 he nailed. After LA's next offensive possession, you can see Chuck Person giving instructions to the D about not helping out Bynum and to stay at home. I don't think SA got an open 3 the rest of the game.

If LA sticks to this defensive plan, SA would be in serious trouble.

dbreiden83080
03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
your exercise videos sucks

Cessation
03-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Spurs have been beating good teams all season, and the rare occasion lakers do it, they become unbeatable all of a sudden, give me a break lol

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 02:21 PM
your exercise videos sucks

You lack the proper motivation. Put down the cheetos and get your ass in gear

LongtimeSpursFan
03-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Spurs have been beating good teams all season, and the rare occasion lakers do it, they become unbeatable all of a sudden, give me a break lol

Records mean something. Since the 82 game format has been in place, 15 teams have reached the 65 win pleateau. Of those 15 teams 12 went on to win the NBA Championship. I like those odds.

John Basedow
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Every team that plays LA treats the Lakers like a playoff game. It's the one time of the year (maybe 2nd - Heat) that their arenas our packed and energy is brought to their lifeless cities. Essentially, the Lakers play 82 games against teams exhibiting playoff intensity.

Nobody cares about the Spurs...teams treat their game with the same apathy as the Pistons.

These are things we know.

mingus
03-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Offense is not the Spurs' problem. Manu, Parker, TD, and the cast of role players have more than enough offensive ability. The last game the Spurs did a really shitty job of going into Bynum's or Gasol's body to draw contact for a foul and/or create space to get a better shot up. Manu and Parker were getting by their man, they just hesitated when they saw a big in the paint. I have no idea why. Those guys have faced stiffer interior defenses on their way to championships before (the '05 Pistons), and they learned how to attack it. Those guys are going to find a way to score.

It's the defensive that is the problem and has been all year. Everyone is going to have nights where the offense isn't clicking, but when your defense, primarily interior, is average at the same time, you're going to lose big, which is exactly what happened.

I wish the Spurs would've made a move at the deadline to shore it up. Presti in OKC got the memo and got Nazr and Perkins.

Supergirl
03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree that TP is the key for the Spurs versus the Lakers, as he is against many teams.

I also agree that the Lakers present some matchup problems - though TBH, I think the Mavs present more match up problems for the Spurs - but I don't think they're insurmountable by any means. As people have noted, the Spurs have defeated the Lakers at full strength once this season. The key is isolating Kobe and forcing him to do too much and take bad shots (Hill and Manu are both very good at this), for Blair, Duncan, and Dice to body up Gasol and Bynum (they're also quite effective at this when they want to be) and for Parker to drive, drive, drive and break down the Lakers defense (he's excellent at this most of the time).

crc21209
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm not biased or unbiased towards the Heat. I've actually had pro-Heat and anti-Heat posts so whatever you say. I even made a joke about how it was probably the vet Heat players who were crying after the Bulls game because they realized that after jumping on the train, they probably arent going to get a ring still...

jjktkk
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Every team that plays LA treats the Lakers like a playoff game. It's the one time of the year (maybe 2nd - Heat) that their arenas our packed and energy is brought to their lifeless cities. Essentially, the Lakers play 82 games against teams exhibiting playoff intensity.

Nobody cares about the Spurs...teams treat their game with the same apathy as the Pistons.

These are things we know.

Amaziing what one regular season win against the Spurs will do for a troll's confidence. :lol

Hoops Czar
03-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Amaziing what one regular season win against the Spurs will do for a troll's confidence. :lol

Did you forget how many big heads we had floating around Spurstalk when the Spurs beat L.A. in December? Personally, I would rather have wins in March and April as opposed to December and February.

chazley
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
This thread shows why both Spurs fans and Lakers fans can really be dumbasses.

Spurs fans argument: We're 2-1 against Lakers now.

This means nothing. The Lakers are a far superior team than the one we faced early in the season and Bynum is playing great for them right now.

Lakers fan argument: We've figured out how to play the Spurs! Just sag Bynum off the pick and roll so he can stay in the paint!

Anyone with the basketball IQ of a monkey can figure out this can cause big problems in terms of foul trouble for the Lakers bigs. The fact is, this puts Bynum in precarious foul situations the entire game. All the Spurs ever need to do is attack the paint when they do this with their variety of slashers, therefore making the Lakers change their defensive gameplan.

Also, Staying home on shooters means two things: Tony is gonna kill them in the paint, and Duncan will be single covered all game... and in the playoffs, I like Duncan's chances.

So for all you naive Lakers fans, I get it. You've won two championships, and you want respect. However, overall the Spurs have been the better team this year and we deserve respect too. If you wanna go off one game where the Lakers played like their families would all die if they lost the game and the Spurs came out lethargic, go ahead.

jjktkk
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Did you forget how many big heads we had floating around Spurstalk when the Spurs beat L.A. in December? Personally, I would rather have wins in March and April as opposed to December and February.

That might be true for some fans, but I'm more concerned about the Spurs staying healthy and the playoffs.

Leonard Curse
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
call me stupid but i havent seen tim duncan give full effort this year he looks like hes cruising and ive watched him my whole life, i can tell you hes going to be a different player come playoff time, just from the last game 15pts12reb (when was the last time your prime gasol got 12 rebs??) and i can see him (T.D) start pushing himself and getting ready for the playoffs its the stretch, does anyone else notice this?

@john basedow
who will be double teamed ? pick one manu/tony/or duncan all it takes is duncan to school gasol or odom a few plays and then start double teaming, dont be a complete moron and think this is the first year tim duncan doesnt show up lol look at his record stats come playoff time... u wont like what u fnd ..seriously and you act like manu is a non factor .... ummm well theres a reason kobe started bitchin at manu while he was on the bench because manu turns kobe into his bottom bitch when they play eachother and you know this cause your watching the games too.

not to mention parker AND HILL are going at your old man pg all game. ron artest doesnt match up well against us i mean do you put him on manu? ive seen that and its pathetic on richard jefferson? my point is the spurs bench are the guys who carried this team into the playoffs now its time for the stars to come out and take care of business.

i understand you guys have good bigs but so do we. and pop will not be starting bonner it will be tim duncan and mcdyess.

not to mention our bench will murder your bench i see neal/hill/blair killing your bench

WeNeedLength
03-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Can someone make a "Why the Lakers won't be able to beat the Spurs in the playoffs" thread? Hypothetical bullshit in the regular season means absolutely nothing come playoff time. The playoffs aren't called "a whole other season" for no reason. I loved all the losses Lakers were piling up at one time and every single lakerfan/troll said it didn't matter/non-issue/blahblahblah. The Lakers finally play well against the Spurs and it's like they will play that way 100 out of 100 times. Get fucking real or GTFO lakertroll.

Leonard Curse
03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
i think kobe bryant is amazing but he and phil jackson are arrogant and stupid. i mean kobe should have been resting not playing with injuries i just think this is going to be bad news for him come playoff time. if i were l.a i would send the ball to gasol/bynum everytime

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Let's put an end to this.

If San Antonio meets the Lakers in the playoffs, the Spurs will win in 6 games.

The end.

jjktkk
03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
i think kobe bryant is amazing but he and phil jackson are arrogant and stupid. i mean kobe should have been resting not playing with injuries i just think this is going to be bad news for him come playoff time. if i were l.a i would send the ball to gasol/bynum everytime

Arrogant yes, stupid, not even close.

ech1997
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM
There was a good article about our boys at www.thedailyhattrick.info (http://www.thedailyhattrick.info/) including the upcoming Lakers game and the other big games coming up in the next week.

George Gervin's Afro
03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I guuess since the Lakers were swept by the heat they stand no chance against them in the playoffs...I am not bashing the lakers though

zrinkill
03-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Where is this Laker troll at now?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Sean Cagney
03-11-2011, 12:16 AM

LOL how the fukk you win 4 rings by hardly making it to later rounds? Just three years ago WCF's and last year 2nd round, before that there TITLE! Thats rarely making it to later rounds? R U SERIOUS? THIS year healthy as they are as well?

slayermin
03-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Laker fans are so fair weather, it's fucking ridiculous. Keep resting on your laurels from Sunday. The Spurs probably played their best and worst games of the year, back to back. Maybe the Spurs came in a little over confident. Maybe that 22 game home win streak was too good to continue. And those 2:30pm games on Sunday aren't exactly the Spurs favorite time to tip off.

The bottom line is that the Spurs have been blown out once in the last four against the Lakers. The Lakers have been blown out twice and beaten 3 times in the last four against the Spurs. To me, this thread and all the other crap spewed by Laker fan is just spinning to boost up their ego and quell their fear.

KillerMamba
03-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I agree with the OP. I'm not happy with the loss to the Heat, but I don't really care because they are not coming out of the East, although this might be a concern in future years.

Spurs are a great team, no doubt, but they just don't match up well with the Lakers. Their hope would be if the Lakers were knocked out early. We'll have to see what happens.

Spursnlego
03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Zebras

HarlemHo 37
03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Zebras

TBH, lame excuse IMO. But its understood that excuse will be used over and over again. :lol

Spursnlego
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
True

John Basedow
03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Where is this Laker troll at now?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

right here, gnsf # 20,357

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
The Spurs are going to need career shooting performances from Bonner, RJ, Hill, And Neal to even have a chance at advancing.

Axe Murderer
03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
The Spurs are going to need career shooting performances from Bonner, RJ, Hill, And Neal to even have a chance at advancing.

This.

It will be "tougher" this go around, but LA will still advance to the Finals. Anyone who denies it is retarded.

The Spurs and Mavs each need what each other has. Dallas needs a reliable second/third scorer and the Spurs need legit size in the frontcourt for defense.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 03:32 PM
This.

It will be "tougher" this go around, but LA will still advance to the Finals. Anyone who denies it is retarded.

The Spurs and Mavs each need what each other has. Dallas needs a reliable second/third scorer and the Spurs need legit size in the frontcourt for defense.

Yes, much creedence to this. If TC was on the Spurs (alongside Tim) then this would definitely create problems for LA, just as Manu or TP on the Mavs would increase Dallas' chances exponentially.

mingus
03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
it'll be interesting to see how much Kobe will concede to both Gasol and Bynum if they meet in the playoffs. LA won't beat the Spurs if he is in Kome mode.

another thing. rotations shorten in the playoffs. that means McDyess and Duncan are likely to see 35+ minutes regularly, and Pop has done a very good job all season of saving their bodies. Lakers aren't going too see Bonner and Blair as much as they'd hope to like in the last game.

it'll be a tough task, but they can upset.

DeadlyDynasty
03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
bump

nkdlunch
03-15-2011, 08:22 AM
If Bynum keeps playing like this. Yeah, might as well forget about it or expect for a miracle.