PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers/St. Johns ending?

Axe Murderer
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm sure almost nobody saw this so I'll go ahead and recap it, but Rutgers got screwed at the end more than anybody I've ever seen in a basketball game.

down by 1 with 12 sec left one of their players drives in gets hacked pretty clearly but no call, St. Johns gets rebound and gets intentionally fouled. Obviously not the worst call in the world.

Then the guy from St. Johns misses the 1st 1 and 1 shot, St Johns player clearly goes over the back knocks and knocks the ball out of bounds, but the ref swallows the whistle AND gives the ball back to St. Johns. The coach for Rutgers is furious at this point and rightfully so.

Then, the guy from St. Johns makes 1 of 2 free throws, Rutgers gets the ball out of bounds, they throw a full court pass, and the player who tries to catch it gets tackled. Then, the worst call of them all, the guy from St. Johns steals the loose ball then clearly runs out of bounds at halfcourt with 1.7 seconds on the clock and chucks the ball in the air. Rutgers should have the ball at halfcourt with 1.7 seconds left down by 2, yet the refs just walk off the court.

I've never seen a game with such poor officiating at the end of a basketball game. Wouldn't be surprised to see somebody from this crew get fired if not the whole crew

JMarkJohns
03-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I have no idea what to make of such a horrible call. Three or four game-changing calls could have been made by three different officials and nary a one blew their whistle. Reeks of taint to me.

Axe Murderer
03-09-2011, 08:00 PM
i agree it did seem like a fix was in.

Those 3 non-calls weren't that bad, but the out of bounds was just atrocious. Also, the way the refs just ran off the court without hesitation, like they didn't even care, makes it seem suspicious

Cry Havoc
03-10-2011, 03:08 AM
i agree it did seem like a fix was in.

Those 3 non-calls weren't that bad, but the out of bounds was just atrocious. Also, the way the refs just ran off the court without hesitation, like they didn't even care, makes it seem suspicious

They should never work another game again. To cost a team like that without even bothering to check the replay? Unreal.

Cry Havoc
03-10-2011, 03:08 AM
To say nothing of the blown foul calls in the final minutes.

Holmes_Fans
03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
The refs have "voluntarily" withdrew from the rest of the tournament. I don't have a problem with the fouls. This isn't the pussy NBA. The guy didn't get "tackled" on the full court pass. They both have a right to the ball and his ass got out jumped for it.

Rutger's players should have had the sense to foul him anyways. If they don't make a stupid ass full court pass then they actually have a shot.