PDA

View Full Version : Give Amare his props!

tlongII
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
That kid is absolutely SICK! What is he? 22 or 23? If Duncan couldn't stop him, nobody will.

ducks
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
amare>zach

Jdspur20
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
he is a great player, but going into this series, it was all about how are the spurs going to stop amare, and it should have been, how are the suns doing to stop duncan. who cares if he scores 42 points a game, he still looses.

2centsworth
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Zach Randolph's brother= charlie murphy.

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Amare is a friggen animal...Tim Duncan said it best...Amare is still young and going to continue to improve and that prospect is scary.

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Wasn't Pop's plan to let Amare and Nash score, and concentrate on shutting down the rest of the team???

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Wasn't Pop's plan to let Amare and Nash score, and concentrate on shutting down the rest of the team???

I'm sure that the plan didn't involve "letting" Amare score 30-40 points a game. We were damn lucky that Q had a bad series...they got the looks at the 3's they just didn't go down...Amare earned his points...we didn't "give" him anything...adding that 16-18 foot jumper to his arsenal makes him even more deadly...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Who cares. The Spurs used to let Kobe go off and shut down the rest of the Lakers during their title runs.

Score all you want, I'll take the series win.

mookie2001
06-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Who cares. The Spurs used to let Kobe go off and shut down the rest of the Lakers during their title runs.

Score all you want, I'll take the series win.

exactly! amare is bad ass, he's so potent on offense and nash is SO sick on O, that they only won one game.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I just don't like him.

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 12:39 PM
I just don't like him.

:lol Me neither. That's why I can't give him any props.

spurster
06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Amare showed he deserved to be 2nd Team all-NBA. Marion was a different story.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Seriously. Dude got half his points off dunks where the Spurs were smart enough to let him go and not get an "And 1", not to mention gimpy Duncan and Nazr didn't feel like challenging/were instructed not to (good move).

About a fourth of his points were charity calls by the officials, like Wade is getting in the East.

And the rest were that little jumper that he hit pretty well.

The bottom line is the Spurs decided to let Nash and Amare get theirs and shut down the rest of the Phoenix squad, and that paid off on four out of five nights.

Amare could score 50 for all I care, as long as we still are getting the Ws.

Useruser666
06-02-2005, 12:51 PM
:lol Me neither. That's why I can't give him any props.

I second and third that Jim and 1Parker1. The kid doesn't show any respect on the floor. When the focus of your team's offense is to get you the ball as much as possible and in the easiest of places to score, you're going to score a lot of points. Not taking away that he has put up big numbers and been playing well, but he doesn't make his team better as a true superstar should.

He needs to work on his attitude before I can give him props.

tlongII
06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
You guys are harsh. San Antonio won the series like they should have. The Spurs are a better team. However, Amare is a freaking BEAST! He is the best young big man in the game.

picnroll
06-02-2005, 12:54 PM
This playoffs have clearly identified two new superstars, Wade and Amare.

PM5K
06-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Here are his props:

http://www.bucket-buddy.com/images/pac-a-lot-system-green.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Again, a healthy Tim and Nazr would have been different.

I still maintain that if someone stepped up willing to take a few charges Amare would have fouled out of every game in like 5 minutes.

DRob woulda.

PM5K
06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I still maintain that nobody really cared how many points Amare scored because he wasn't going to beat us alone and he didn't.

You also need guys like Richardson/Marion/Johnson to step up to beat the Spurs....

picnroll
06-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Duncan can't anywhere near consistently stop Amare. Amare is too quick driving to the basket and finishes too well. He has great hands. Now with a reliable outside shot Duncan can't back off to try to take away the drive without getting burned and when he plays Amare tighter Amare drives past him.

On the otherhand Amare can't stop Duncan at the offensive end either.

CosmicCowboy
Amare is #1 in the NBA for drawing fouls...usually on people stepping up...what could be a charge becomes a blocking foul because of his explosiveness going to the rack...you may not like the guy but he has serious game, has a good work ethic, and is only gonna get better...I just don't understand the hate for the guy in here...

GrandeDavid
I don't think Duncan NEEDED to stop him. But, yes, he is a mighty fine young player who should definitely be called a "superstar" soon enough.

5ToolMan
06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
That kid is absolutely SICK! What is he? 22 or 23? If Duncan couldn't stop him, nobody will.
Amare is a monster! His hops and power are awesome.

However he has a long way to go with his game before he is in the elite company of Mr. Duncan in his total game.

GAMEPLAN: The Spurs chose to make Amare and Nash carry the scoring load, by staying home against the shooters who could create little on their own. They did this knowing even the great ones would tire at the end of the Spurs pressure. It worked to perfection!

Amare spent this entire series getting to play his offense one on one, mostly against Nazr and Horry, and had many of his dunks set up by Nash breaking down the defense.

Tim was doubled and trippled almost every time he touched the ball. This was done because no one, including Amare, had a clue in stopping Tim one on one, and they knew it.

Guru of Nothing
06-02-2005, 01:08 PM
I just don't understand the hate for the guy in here...

Push-ups, mic-ed rims, ref darling, over-hyped, and lame-ass stare downs immediately come to mind.

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I second and third that Jim and 1Parker1. The kid doesn't show any respect on the floor. When the focus of your team's offense is to get you the ball as much as possible and in the easiest of places to score, you're going to score a lot of points. Not taking away that he has put up big numbers and been playing well, but he doesn't make his team better as a true superstar should.

He needs to work on his attitude before I can give him props.

Good to know we aren't the only ones. How do you feel about D Wayne???

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Good to know we aren't the only ones. How do you feel about D Wayne???

He is a good guy. He is quiet, unassuming and respectful, not to mention talented.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-02-2005, 02:04 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050602/capt.pna13206020430.spurs_suns_pna132.jpg

He'll have plenty of time to cool his feet this summer.

BillsCarnage
06-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Push-ups, mic-ed rims, ref darling, over-hyped, and lame-ass stare downs immediately come to mind.

So if the Spurs had him you'd still hate him?

Guru of Nothing
06-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Just because I understand the hate does not mean I hate.

samikeyp
06-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Amare could score 50 for all I care, as long as we still are getting the Ws.

I agree with this...but the kid still has talent....now he needs to work on his defense and maturity and he can be one of the best.

TwoHandJam
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree with this...but the kid still has talent....now he needs to work on his defense and maturity and he can be one of the best.
Exactly. I would also imagine that once he starts to expend some energy on defense, his offensive stats should decrease somewhat.

SenorSpur
06-02-2005, 03:25 PM
He's a monster now. I wonder how much more dominant he'll get offensively. He can literally do almost anything he wants down low.

For him, he's got to concentrate on playing both ends of the floor.

It would have been interesting to see him play against our former twin towers of D-Rob and Tim. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he was a rookie in D-Rob's last year, but the kid wasn't nearly this good back in 2003.

Guru of Nothing
06-02-2005, 03:42 PM
It just dawned on me that Kiki Vandeweghe has passed over Amare Stoudemire and Dwyane Wade in back to back drafts. Haha! [/random thought].

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 03:45 PM

I do not hate any player....well except the rapist....I just said that I just do not like the guy.

ducks
06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
if he was a spur you people would sing how great he was
PATHETIC PEOPLE

leemajors
06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
the one thing i respect about him is that he can make his free throws. that is impressive for a young big man. aside from that, duncan did have some big stops on him at just the right times. if he had just a little more lift he coulda had 6-7 blocks. he blocked amare several times flat footed on account of his bum ankles. aside from that, duncan didn't guard him half the time anyway. and i also agree that if he expended any energy on d his offensive stats would decrease, and i don't think the suns would mind that in the slightest.

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I do not hate any player....well except the rapist....I just said that I just do not like the guy.

It's pretty easy not to like the guy who dropped 37ppg on your team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM

If the Spurs had him, he wouldn't be doing all the look at me shit (push ups, talking smack, etc.), and if he did he'd get a good swift kick in the ass from the leadership in the franchise.

Moot point.

As for Amare - when he starts actually playing defense, he won't be able to keep up his intensity on offense.

Ocotillo
06-02-2005, 08:02 PM
I will give him props. If he would start to focus on his defense, he will be even scarier. He has David Robinson type of athleticism. With Dasani, errr, D'Antoni as his coach, he probably won't develop on the defensive side of the court.

Like we are so fond of saying about Tony Parker, he's only 22. He will mature and with the background he comes from, it is not suprising that he sometimes showboats on the floor.