PDA

View Full Version : Free the Terp!!!

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Happy veteran: Veteran Spurs center-power forward Tony Massenburg was pleased to have made an efficient contribution in the only two minutes he played in the entire series.

Entering the game with 2:53 remaining in the first half after starting center Nazr Mohammed picked up his third foul, Massenburg had two offensive rebounds and two points before Robert Horry came in for him with 31.3 seconds left in the half. He also had an assist after his first offensive rebound, firing a pass out to Manu Ginobili for a 3-point basket.

"I had two offensive rebounds, an assist and a tip-in rebound, and a foul, too," Massenburg said, with a laugh. "That's a lot of action in a short time. I'd better see Pop (Coach Gregg Popovich) about giving me more playing time." :lol

Pop needs to play him a lot more against Shaq, Zo or the Wallace brothers, in the next series.

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Agreed, "Props" to Mass. When he first got here, I didn't really like him. I thought he was a foul machine and had an attitude. But watching him cheer from the bench during these playoffs and then coming out last night for the FIRST time and making things happen--I grew some respect for him. I remember he was pretty good that last regular season game against the Suns where Manu and Tim sat out, I was shocked he didn't get more minutes this series.

SWC Bonfire
06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Pop needs to play him a lot more against Shaq, Zo or the Wallace brothers, in the next series.

You can pretty much bet on seeing that.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but where is Glenn Robinson?

1Parker1
06-02-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but where is Glenn Robinson?

He missed the first 3 games because his Mom died and Pop thought it was too late to work him into the rotation and just throw him in there in the middle of the series.

Jimcs50
06-02-2005, 01:41 PM
This break is good not only to rest TD and TP, but to get the roll players like Dog and Mass to get some good minutes of practice and get ready to contribute in the Finals.

This week off is great.

MadDog73
06-02-2005, 01:43 PM
He missed the first 3 games because his Mom died and Pop thought it was too late to work him into the rotation and just throw him in there in the middle of the series.

I knew about his mom's death, I was just curious why he didn't play after that.

Does everyone here think he'll play in the Finals?

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I knew about his mom's death, I was just curious why he didn't play after that.

Does everyone here think he'll play in the Finals?
I would guess he would get some minutes---even though his defense isn't great, having a dependable mid-range scorer on the floor probably helps open the lanes for Parker, Ginobili, etc. As always, I guess it depends on matchups----but remember, he did play quite a bit vs. Seattle, I just think Pop felt it wasn't fair to throw him into the Phoenix fire after missing the first couple of games.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Happy veteran: Veteran Spurs center-power forward Tony Massenburg was pleased to have made an efficient contribution in the only two minutes he played in the entire series.

Entering the game with 2:53 remaining in the first half after starting center Nazr Mohammed picked up his third foul, Massenburg had two offensive rebounds and two points before Robert Horry came in for him with 31.3 seconds left in the half. He also had an assist after his first offensive rebound, firing a pass out to Manu Ginobili for a 3-point basket.

"I had two offensive rebounds, an assist and a tip-in rebound, and a foul, too," Massenburg said, with a laugh. "That's a lot of action in a short time. I'd better see Pop (Coach Gregg Popovich) about giving me more playing time." :lol

FEAR THE TURTLE :smokin