PDA

View Full Version : This is why I respect the hell out of Kobe

chazley
03-11-2011, 04:17 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArIO.f.45EbyOD8wuPmZjwa8vLYF?slug=aw-lakersheat031111

Incredible read, by the world's best NBA writer, and shows why you can never count out Kobe or his team.

Technique
03-11-2011, 04:28 AM
You respect him because he feels guilty about chucking away the game that he has to practice after the game to do just that. Chuck the ball.

The real practice is when his team is actually there, and instead of chucking, he should set them up and make plays.

ezau
03-11-2011, 04:30 AM
You respect him because he feels guilty about chucking away the game that he has to practice after the game to do just that. Chuck the ball.

The real practice is when his team is actually there, and instead of chucking, he should set them up and make plays.

And 1

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 05:11 AM

i.e., late Game 7 last June, when Allen told Kobe "no" & Artest left 'em, where he found 'em:::Los Angeles, California.

tee, hee.

PM5K
03-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Ugh, stupid article. I stopped reading after he said like half a dozen times that the Heat were a legit contender LA should be worried about. LA has to worry about a lot of teams in the West, and Miami has to worry about a lot of teams in the East first.

Bottom line is it wasn't about taking and missing shots, it was about poor shot selection, and you don't need to practice for that.

z0sa
03-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Kobe, worth hundreds of millions, deserves nothing more. Certainly not your respect.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 06:12 AM
He's ahead of Duncan though, 5-4.

Stings, don't it?:lmao

chazley
03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
lol you guys are ridiculous. I respect the fact that he feels he had a bad game so he goes out for an hour and a half after a game and practices without anyone telling him to do so, only because he feels he had a bad game.

If Tim Duncan, for example, did this, Spurstalk would explode with excitement.

There is nothing wrong with respecting your enemy. It is actually foolish not to do so.

widowmaker
03-11-2011, 06:34 AM

Doesn't make him a better player, just a fortunate one. :stfu

blizz
03-11-2011, 06:38 AM

Not at all. You all had some big time help. Two of the best players ever in their primes on the same team gave you 3 of them and the last two were because of a trade that gave yall one of the best centers in the NBA for NOTHING and injuries to our team. So no, it doesn't sting or bother me at all.

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-11-2011, 06:54 AM
I have 100% respect for Kobe.

Face it, if he'd always been a Spur and not a Laker, we'd be fanatical fans of him.

widowmaker
03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
i have 100% respect for kobe.

Face it, if he'd always been a spur and not a laker, we'd be fanatical fans of him.

no.

Technique
03-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I have 100% respect for Kobe.

Face it, if he'd always been a Spur and not a Laker, we'd be fanatical fans of him.

I wouldn't trade Ginobili for Bryant at any point in their careers.

cd98
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM

Kobe was a role player on three of those.

Harry Callahan
03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Kobe was a role player on three of those.

From 2000 to 2002 we all know who the Alpha Dog was on those teams. To believe otherwise is just rewriting history.

Shaq - Alpha
Kobe - Beta

Just to be clear.

Jacking up 27 foot threes is simply not good basketball. LA has enough really good players to overcome this trait of Kobe a lot of the time, but not alway. I saw a lot of bad basketball last night on TNT - breaking offensive plays, horrible defense, turnovers.

Holden_Caulfield
03-11-2011, 08:00 AM
i lost respect when he started running people out of LA. then demanded a trade.

ChuckD
03-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Kobe alone = 2 first round outs and a miss altogether.

Duncan alone = 2 LoBs and never anything less than second round when he played.

ShoogarBear
03-11-2011, 08:16 AM
(Except 2009)

temujin
03-11-2011, 08:16 AM

Both are ahead of you.

spurspokesman
03-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Count the spurs out. Great idea. Oh the joy it will be to dispatch them.:toast

By the way. Kobe can kick rocks along with his LA cohorts:ihit

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Kobe = chucker = overrated :lol

BuzzerBeater
03-11-2011, 09:17 AM
It's not often you get beat by the punching bag.

Obstructed_View
03-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Did Kobe go out after the game and practice passing up bad shots? That's what he needed to work on.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Actually if Duncan ever does it, you'd never find out about it.

tdunk21
03-11-2011, 09:42 AM

this....

tdunk21
03-11-2011, 09:44 AM
did he do the same thing after losing to the cavs or bobcats?

lefty
03-11-2011, 09:56 AM

Dagger

DrSteffo
03-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Exactly. This article makes me disrespect Kobe and the media even more.

cd98
03-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Did Kobe go out after the game and practice passing up bad shots? That's what he needed to work on.

Or maybe passing to his teammates. Who was guarding Pau Gasol and Bynum? Probably a safe bet that it was a better match up then him against Wade.

cheguevara
03-11-2011, 10:08 AM
so you respect a selfish xenophobe who needs to be bailed out when it matters most? good for you :tu

Kobe is one of those idiot savants. Great player, but does not fit society. And in the end basketball is a social sport. That is why I'd take about 20 or 30 players in history before him.

If he'd be a golf player, he'd be god.

JR3
03-11-2011, 10:10 AM
lol you guys are ridiculous. I respect the fact that he feels he had a bad game so he goes out for an hour and a half after a game and practices without anyone telling him to do so, only because he feels he had a bad game.

There is nothing wrong with respecting your enemy. It is actually foolish not to do so.

The difference is- Tim Duncan would not let any camera's around him. Its about the motives just as much as the actions. Everyone knows Kobe needs the spotlight. I have no choice but to believe that Kobe shot after the game to put the attention back on him. The Heat played a great game and finally pulled out a win over a top team and all ESPN could talk about was Kobe shooting after the game. Let me know if you ever catch him passing to targets around the floor after the game when cameras are NOT around. That was just pathetic.

JR3
03-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Also- why did the heat let him shoot around? It wasn't LA. You are the visitor- Game Over- Go Home. If this was SA- I would be bothered that we would let him stick around.

703 Spurz
03-11-2011, 10:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArIO.f.45EbyOD8wuPmZjwa8vLYF?slug=aw-lakersheat031111

Incredible read, by the world's best NBA writer, and shows why you can never count out Kobe or his team.

Still.............fuck'em

703 Spurz
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM

Why would it sting? None of us here have anything to do with how any NBA player plays. I don't see the point in 'talking shit' to Spurs fans here about how many more rings Kobe Bryant has over Duncan.

Well aside from inflating your internet ego but that's to be expected.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 10:41 AM
^When it was:::

Duncan: 4

Kobe: 3

You guys wore it high & wide.

In for penny. In for pound.

tuncaboylu
03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
It's no more than show. Will he improve his shooting skill by working after the game? Of course not! He just wanted to show himself to cameras after an average performance. He played worse than both Wade and Lebron and his efficieny point was just 13. But everyone is talking how Kobe worked out after the game. I really surprised how the people give a shit to this pathetic show.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
What a fuckin' poseur...

Adrian Wojnawhatever is just mad because of his hate for lebron...

so he got together with the poseur rapist to try and grab attention to his idol...

ANY spur would have worked out PRIVATELY ...end of fuckin' story.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
What a fuckin' poseur...

Adrian Wojnawhatever is just mad because of his hate for lebron...

so he got together with the poseur rapist to try and grab attention to his idol...

ANY spur would have worked out PRIVATELY ...end of fuckin' story.

Your Neal raped as well, Silv.

You've no room.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 10:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r4CyB.jpg

He's 34 and still has no idea what it means to be a teammate. 20 seconds left, game definitely in reach, and this is the shot he takes.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 10:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r4CyB.jpg

He's 34 and still has no idea what it means to be a teammate. 20 seconds left, game definitely in reach, and this is the shot he takes.

He's rung over 1/3 of his career. 3 Back-to-Backs. Your Duncan has nary a one of those.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:00 AM
He's rung over 1/3 of his career. 3 Back-to-Backs. Your Duncan has nary a one of those.

Original post.

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 11:01 AM

29 feet :lmao

Juggity
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM

This loss must sting :lol

birdy219
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM

Tim Duncan did in fact practice for several hours after the laker game debacle, but he doesn't need cameras or publicity to announce his dedication to his skill.

:flag:

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm sure his teammates are happy to hear he's out there practicing his broken ass jumper after the game. They probably rolled their eyes when they saw this story. They know what Kobe is all about... Kobe.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Gotta wonder how it felt to be wearing a Lakers jersey in the waning seconds of that game as Kobe rose to shoot from nearly half court with 20 seconds remaining.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
This loss must sting :lol

Yep. I don't hide my misery.

Like you guys didn't hide your's when we beat your ass the other day.

You've no room.

monosylab1k
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't trade Ginobili for Bryant at any point in their careers.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Manu>Kobe

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Gotta wonder how it felt to be wearing a Lakers jersey in the waning seconds of that game as Kobe rose to shoot from nearly half court with 20 seconds remaining.

I was satisfied at the attempt, just not the result.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sure his teammates are happy to hear he's out there practicing his broken ass jumper after the game. They probably rolled their eyes when they saw this story. They know what Kobe is all about... Kobe.

Though none of 'em (sans Fish) could ever do a damn thing till they got with Bryant.

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I was satisfied at the attempt, just not the result.

Of course you are. Why wouldn't you be satisfied with a 29-foot jumper with 20 seconds left on the clock?

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Though none of 'em (sans Fish) could ever do a damn thing till they got with Bryant.

Bryant couldn't do a damn thing without Shaq, or without Pau. So what's your point?

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Bryant couldn't do a damn thing without Shaq, or without Pau. So what's your point?

My point is Kobe has rung twice without Daddy. Daddy only once without Kobe.

My point is Gasol couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

My point is Artest couldn't ring till Kobe took him in.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
It's no more than show. Will he improve his shooting skill by working after the game? Of course not! He just wanted to show himself to cameras after an average performance. He played worse than both Wade and Lebron and his efficieny point was just 13. But everyone is talking how Kobe worked out after the game. I really surprised how the people give a shit to this pathetic show.

Hmmmm.... reading your post... it would seem you give more of a shit about it than most. Why you so angry?

And as for Wade outplaying him, I think there numbers were pretty close no?

And in case you didnt notice... Lebron and Kobe rarely matched up in the game.

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 11:18 AM
My point is Kobe has rung twice without Daddy. Daddy only once without Kobe.

My point is Gasol couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

My point is Artest couldn't ring till Kobe took him in.

I think you're missing the point.

How many titles has Kobe won without Shaq or Gasol?

With a team full of scrubs Lebron took his team to the Finals. Kobe was missing the playoffs.

Tell me again how happy you are about the 29-foot J.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 11:20 AM

You do know why they called for the quick 3 right? You do know that the Lakers had 0 time outs left right? There was nothing wrong with that shot at that time considering they were down 4 with no TO's and on the road.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 11:23 AM

With a team full of scrubs Lebron took his team to the Finals. Kobe was missing the playoffs.

How many titles has anyone won without help? Geeez.

Lebron took scrubs thru a butter soft east conference and quickly got handed the skunk when they met a real team.

Luke, Kwame, Smush in a packed west.

Have no problem with the shot selection, just wish he had made it.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:25 AM
You do know why they called for the quick 3 right? You do know that the Lakers had 0 time outs left right? There was nothing wrong with that shot at that time considering they were down 4 with no TO's and on the road.

So a quick three in Kobe's mind = 29 feet.

Not, you know, passing away from the pressure to a teammate who's in the same fucking hemisphere as the hoop. Nope. It's Kobe, he's got to take that shot and prove how good he is.

Except he missed. Badly. He lost a game for his team that his TEAM had been in all along. He chucked in the 2nd half and lost the game for his team, and even then they kept it close until he buried them with a 30 footer that had a ton of time left on the clock.

NO ONE in their right basketball mind outside of LA would say that's a good shot. But Lakers fans think so. Because he's Kobe and can do no wrong. It's baffling. That shot was about as low as can be on the IQ scale. Off balance, with a defender right there, not even a set shot. Just a chuck. And you guys eat it up even though he cost you the game. This might be the one at the end of the season that takes away home court in the second round against Dallas, and you're defending it. Unreal.

Michael Jackson...
03-11-2011, 11:25 AM

HEsnitchedPErIOD

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:29 AM
HEsnitchedPErIOD

That he did. Inexcusable.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:32 AM
That he did. Inexcusable.

What are the odds of Kobe making a 29 footer vs the odds of Bynum or Pau getting an and 1 from the paint? Honest question.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
What are the odds of Kobe making a 29 footer vs the odds of Bynum or Pau getting an and 1 from the paint? Honest question.

I'd rather go with Bryant. He's proven.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM

^ The goods. Delivered. Logistics. :toast

Mugen
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Its WoJo,what did the OP expect. Even when the main focus of the article isn't LeBron, WoJo finds a way to talk shit about him. It's pretty sad really...at least Skip is pretty funny when he talks about his blind hatred. With WoJo, it's like he has a personal vendetta.

WoJo is good for breaking trades/insider news but thats about it. I stopped caring for his articles the moment his sheer hatred for all things LeBron started seeping into everything he wrote. Also he doesnt allow comments on his articles because hes too pussy shit to admit when he's wrong or when he got bested. Sounds like a Laker fan to me, tbh.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Yeah, a proven chucker.

6-24 MVP

29 footer with 20 seconds left

:lmao

cd98
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
^When it was:::

Kobe: 3

You guys wore it high & wide.

In for penny. In for pound.

But your 5 to 4 argument is a little silly, isn't it? Kobe was a role player for 3 of those championships. That's like:

Pippen: 6

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
But your 5 to 4 argument is a little silly, isn't it? Kobe was a role player for 3 of those championships. That's like:

Pippen: 6

Fine. You have the above equation.

I'm taking:::

Kobe: 5

And I'm gonna ride with it high & wide.

And that's just the way it's gonna be.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Over the past decade or so, it's always been about Duncan and Shaq, the two most dominant big men of their era. Everyone else was just along for the ride. :D

TampaDude
Russell: 11

Horry: 7

Kobe 5*

Giuseppe
Yeah, a proven chucker.

6-24 MVP

29 footer with 20 seconds left

:lmao

Sometimes it works out (6-24) his 5th NBA World Title.

Sometimes it don't work out (last night).

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Russell: 11

Horry: 7

Kobe 5*

Fine, you have that one above.

I'll take:::

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Of course you would.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Sometimes it works out (6-24) his 5th NBA World Title.

Kobe had Pau and Test to bail him out. :lol

Sometimes it don't work out (last night).

Should've gotten the ball to Pau or Test. :lol

cobbler
03-11-2011, 11:59 AM

Why not? It's not like he hasnt made them before is it? He was uncontested was he not? You guys give him shit for taking em when hes contested no? So should he have used a few more seconds and got a few feet closer?

Not, you know, passing away from the pressure to a teammate who's in the same fucking hemisphere as the hoop. Nope. It's Kobe, he's got to take that shot and prove how good he is.

He shot it uncontested.

Except he missed. Badly. He lost a game for his team that his TEAM had been in all along. He chucked in the 2nd half and lost the game for his team, and even then they kept it close until he buried them with a 30 footer that had a ton of time left on the clock.

He lost the game? Solely on Kobe? Barnes, Blake, and Brown 0-fer night had nothing to do with it? Odoms inactivity and greatly reduced mins? Rons several point blank bricks? MVPau letting Bosh abuse him? No your right. It was all Kobe 3. What was i thinking? LOL at ton of time. 20 seconds and no time outs.

NO ONE in their right basketball mind outside of LA would say that's a good shot. But Lakers fans think so. Because he's Kobe and can do no wrong. It's baffling. That shot was about as low as can be on the IQ scale. Off balance, with a defender right there, not even a set shot. Just a chuck. And you guys eat it up even though he cost you the game. This might be the one at the end of the season that takes away home court in the second round against Dallas, and you're defending it. Unreal.

I really dont know what game you watched but it was a uncontested natural shot. He pulled up and in a natural motion squared to the basket and made a two foot set jump shot. Unless you want to count big Z's fuetal attempt to close out on him nobody was within an arms reach. Nice try.

And HCA is not all that important in the West. We only need it for the finals.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 12:02 PM

You won't be in the Finals.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Why not? It's not like he hasnt made them before is it? He was uncontested was he not? You guys give him shit for taking em when hes contested no? So should he have used a few more seconds and got a few feet closer?

What do you think the average make rate from 29 feet is?

He shot it uncontested.

A defender was there. He just wasn't about to jump into Kobe and foul him. Let him shoot the stupid shot. :lol

He lost the game? Solely on Kobe? Barnes, Blake, and Brown 0-fer night had nothing to do with it? Odoms inactivity and greatly reduced mins? Rons several point blank bricks? MVPau letting Bosh abuse him? No your right. It was all Kobe 3. What was i thinking? LOL at ton of time. 20 seconds and no time outs.

Sorry, I thought Kobe was the leader? I thought he was the best since MJ? I thought he was the man carrying this team? I thought he's the guy with the experience, with the 5 titles, with the killer instinct?

But no. When the Lakers lose, it's on the refs (this thread) and on the role players+ Pau not stepping up. Lakers fans :lmao

I dont know what game you watched but it was a uncontested natural shot. Unless you want to count big Z's fuetal attempt to close out on him nobody was within an arms reach. Nice try.

Yep. A natural, 29 foot jump shot. Do you really listen to yourself talk?

Famous last words.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 12:06 PM

uh... ok

TheManFromAcme
03-11-2011, 12:08 PM

....your team is 4 years displaced
the unlikeliness is higher for your spurs that they won't make it

believe that...:D

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 12:10 PM
uh... ok

HCA isn't that important.

That's why Kobe was busting his ass after they lost last game, right? Regular season doesn't matter?

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM
From 2000 to 2002 we all know who the Alpha Dog was on those teams. To believe otherwise is just rewriting history.

Shaq - Alpha
Kobe - Beta

Just to be clear.

Jacking up 27 foot threes is simply not good basketball. LA has enough really good players to overcome this trait of Kobe a lot of the time, but not alway. I saw a lot of bad basketball last night on TNT - breaking offensive plays, horrible defense, turnovers.

you gotta love how Spurs fan will be quick to tag Shaquille the alpha dog and label him a three time MVP but will quickly forget who assraped their team in the 2001 NBA Finals in which the Spurs had HCA. Sure Shaquille was the top dog during those years but don't make it seem like Bean was some stiff and wasn't an alpha in his own right, especially in the 2001 WCF (the real NBA Finals). Just ask Ant Daniels.

TampaDude
03-11-2011, 12:14 PM
uh... ok

Yeah...ok...it's a GUAR-AN-TEE, brah!!! :toast

cd98
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
you gotta love how Spurs fan will be quick to tag Shaquille the alpha dog and label him a three time MVP but will quickly forget who assraped their team in the 2001 NBA Finals in which the Spurs had HCA. Sure Shaquille was the top dog during those years but don't make it seem like Bean was some stiff and wasn't an alpha in his own right, especially in the 2001 WCF (the real NBA Finals). Just ask Ant Daniels.

But Laker fans, to the same extent, should not trumpet Kobe as the king of rings when he was Scottie Pippen to Shaq's Jordan on three of them.

I think no one will argue with Kobe's 2 (except maybe Pau Gasol for last year). Anything more than that is pretending like Kobe was the man in those first three titles, when he was not.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 12:17 PM
What do you think the average make rate from 29 feet is?.

It doesnt matter. It was the open available shot. Iv'e seen him make quite a few to be honest.

A defender was there. He just wasn't about to jump into Kobe and foul him. Let him shoot the stupid shot. :lol.

No defender was there. Big Z was at the 3 and jumped out last second to contest and came up short. Try looking at the tape if you dont believe me.

Sorry, I thought Kobe was the leader? I thought he was the best since MJ? I thought he was the man carrying this team? I thought he's the guy with the experience, with the 5 titles, with the killer instinct?

But no. When the Lakers lose, it's on the refs (this thread) and on the role players+ Pau not stepping up. Lakers fans :lmao.

Who said that? I simply said its not all on Kobe and most certainly not bevause of that one shot. Kobe most definetly played his role in the loss as well as others. Funny how you all love to remind us that its a team sport and kobe gets carried by so many... yet when they lose all of a sudden the team is forgotten. You see Cry... it works both ways.

Yep. A natural, 29 foot jump shot. Do you really listen to yourself talk?

He took a natural two foot set jump shot. One we have all seen him make numerous times. No? You implied that he took some off balance contested prayer. That just simply is not the case and the video will bear this out. He hit the front of the rim for god's sake. A few inches more and everyone would be calling him the killer. It comes with the territory of being the guy willing to take the shots.

Famous last words.

Heard that three years running now.... :lol

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 12:18 PM
But Laker fans, to the same extent, should not trumpet Kobe as the king of rings when he was Scottie Pippen to Shaq's Jordan on three of them.

I think no one will argue with Kobe's 2 (except maybe Pau Gasol for last year). Anything more than that is pretending like Kobe was the man in those first three titles, when he was not.

Still & all:::

cobbler
03-11-2011, 12:22 PM

That's why Kobe was busting his ass after they lost last game, right? Regular season doesn't matter?

Of course it matters. I just dont happen to think HCA is all that important in the West. I thin the 2-3-2 of the finals make HCA there so much more crucial. Would I like to have it...of course. Is it the end of the world without? Not even close.

Did you ever think that Kobe was thinking forward "in case" they should meet the Heat in the finals and got some extra shooting in their arena in?

cobbler
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah...ok...it's a GUAR-AN-TEE, brah!!! :toast

Never said that now did I? I like our chances though as you no doubt like yours. Is that not what being a fan is all about?

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM

check 2001 once again ..... the real NBA Finals: Lakers vs Spurs, and see who the Finals MVP really was. I have no problem with Bean being the second fiddle but that series where it was clearly the two best teams in the league, the best player on the floor was Bryant.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
check 2001 once again ..... the real NBA Finals: Lakers vs Spurs, and see who the Finals MVP really was. I have no problem with Bean being the second fiddle but that series where it was clearly the two best teams in the league, the best player on the floor was Bryant.

They can never admit it. Its so very sad. :lol

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
They can never admit it. Its so very sad. :lol

they know .... it hurts but they know. they'll be quick to throw out 6/24 but forget to throw out how Bean avg'd 33 points a game in that series.

Mike D
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Lord, have mercy on those who crucify the man who chooses to work hard.

May they be blessed with that which they ask for, the man who sits sullenly on his failings instead of diving deeper into attempting to better an aspect of himself.

Lord, do not grant them these men the strength to overcome obstacles, may you rather give them a life devoid of challenge.

Amen.

Axe Murderer
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM

You don't think Kobe can make a 29 foot three pointer? :lol

Axe Murderer
03-11-2011, 01:14 PM

lolwut?

Are professional athletes only supposed to work hard during the playoffs?

cd98
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM

Really? How can the Lakers play the Spurs in the NBA finals when they're both in the Western Conference?

cobbler
03-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey Cry... still waiting on that contested off ballance proof btw. Or are you willing to admit you exagerated quite a bit? :toast

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Cry with the goods here.

Just bump this in a couple of months as Dallas ekes by the lakers with the help of HCA.

There was also an article lately about the lakers acting like chumps after a win and that article needs to be bumped when things don't go the lakers way this playoff season.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
If it happens that way we'll have the company of 28 other teams.

They'll have nary room.

ChrisRichards
03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I can never respect a guy like Kobe. This is nothing but a PR move and you have to be an idiot to think otherwise. What's he trying to prove?

Kobe's shooting wasn't even the reason the Lakers lost the game, it was his desire to outscore Wade or Lebron that caused the Lakers another crucial game :lol

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Richards finally returns.:rolleyes

nkdlunch
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I can never respect a guy like Kobe. This is nothing but a PR move and you have to be an idiot to think otherwise. What's he trying to prove?

Kobe's shooting wasn't even the reason the Lakers lost the game, it was his desire to outscore Wade or Lebron that caused the Lakers another crucial game :lol

and Lebron is not? :rolleyes

Gordon Hayward
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Richards finally returns.:rolleyes

He's the Culburn of Heat fans.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM
He's the Culburn of Heat fans.

That's acceptable. Your mother is in clear, Gordon.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Then you could be like best buds in the non respected class of 2011 since absolutely nobody has any respect for your sorry ass.

D-Wade #3
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Then you could be like best buds in the non respected class of 2011 since absolutely nobody has any respect for your sorry ass.

oh shit, cobbler with the weakSAUCE!

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Really? How can the Lakers play the Spurs in the NBA finals when they're both in the Western Conference? The Real NBA Finals of 2001 was the WCF. Whomever was coming out of the series between the Spurs and Lakers w3re gonna donkeystomp the Sixers. Best player on the floor (MVP), wasn't Shaquille, wasn't Duncan, wasn't Robinson ..... it was Bean

ChrisRichards
03-11-2011, 03:08 PM
and Lebron is not? :rolleyes
I dont give a fuck about Lebron TBH, I'm more of a Wade fan to begin with. Yeah Lebron does shit like this for attention too, difference though is Lebron backs his shit up.

Now, I heard KObe practiced 3 times yesterday, twice before the game last night . TBH, shit like that makes you want to respect the guy but he ended up shooting 38% with a key turnover :lol. I mean come on, its one thing if the guy does shit like this and is able to prove his critics wrong but its another if you try to portray yourself as this "warrior/og/workhorse" but shoots worst than Mike Bibby.

If Kobe wanted to prove a point, he shouldv'e played Phil Jackson basketball and made his teammates better. People would respect him more.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I dont give a fuck about Lebron TBH, I'm more of a Wade fan to begin with. Yeah Lebron does shit like this for attention too, difference though is Lebron backs his shit up.

Now, I heard KObe practiced 3 times yesterday, twice before the game last night . TBH, shit like that makes you want to respect the guy but he ended up shooting 38% with a key turnover :lol. I mean come on, its one thing if the guy does shit like this and is able to prove his critics wrong but its another if you try to portray yourself as this "warrior/og/workhorse" but shoots worst than Mike Bibby.

If Kobe wanted to prove a point, he shouldv'e played Phil Jackson basketball and made his teammates better. People would respect him more.

Curious... what was Wades shooting % in his vastly superior performance?

ChrisRichards
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
oh shit, cobbler with the weakSAUCE!Word

Curious... what was Wades shooting % in his vastly superior performance?
Dude, Wade wasn't the one looking for attention with his pre/post workout routines/gimmick. Kobe did a great defensive job on Wade I'll give Kobe that but you don't see Wade making a big deal out of his struggles.

He made some clutch shots, deflected and stole a crucial possesion and blocked Kobe's shot all in a span of 5 possessions. At the end of the day, Wade complimented Kobe by saying he had a hard time stopping one of the greatest players instead of talking about WHAT HE DID in the final minute. That's some basketball if you ask me.

Hate on Lebron for being a clown, but you can never hate on Wade for always coming up huge when the Heat needs him.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey Cry... still waiting on that contested off ballance proof btw. Or are you willing to admit you exagerated quite a bit? :toast

http://www.nba.com/video/games/heat/2011/03/10/0021000964_lal_mia_recap.nba/index.html

Watch the vid.

So yeah, a pull up jumper off the dribble from 29 feet out is something you're comfortable with Kobe taking. That's all anyone needs to know as to your opinion of Kobe's shot selection.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Me too. I have no problem with Kobe's shot.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Me too. I have no problem with Kobe's shot.

Shocking.

Just curious, if that's a good shot, why don't you want him taking 29 footers all game long? Kobe can get a shot from that far out anytime he wants. If it's such a good shot, why not have him heave-ho from there 5-6 times a game?

cobbler
03-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Shocking.

Just curious, if that's a good shot, why don't you want him taking 29 footers all game long? Kobe can get a shot from that far out anytime he wants. If it's such a good shot, why not have him heave-ho from there 5-6 times a game?

There was 20 secs left on the clock down by 4 with no time outs. PJ himself said he blew it by not leaving any TO's. It was an acceptable shot considering the circumstances. If you truly wanted to argue a questionable one you should have chose the corner 3 with 1 sec off the shot clock.

so lets recap your little rant....

Here we have Kobe shooting from NEARLY HALF COURT...:lol

lets see... now he MISSED IT BADLY when it was dead on and simply came up a tad short hitting the front of the rim.

And now all of a sudden 20 seconds with no times outs and down 4 is A TON OF TIME.

followed by this

That shot was about as low as can be on the IQ scale. Off balance, with a defender right there, not even a set shot. Just a chuck.

As you have seen no defender was right there. He was NOT OFF BALANCE, and it was a perfectly acceptable jump shot off of BOTH PLANTED FEET.

Sure is a lot of wavering going on there Cry. And you standby these comments after actually watching that shot? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
There was 20 secs left on the clock down by 4 with no time outs. PJ himself said he blew it by not leaving any TO's. It was an acceptable shot considering the circumstances. If you truly wanted to argue a questionable one you should have chose the corner 3 with 1 sec off the shot clock.

so lets recap your little rant....

Here we have Kobe shooting from NEARLY HALF COURT...:lol

You're right. 29 feet is an everyday shot. Tantamount to a layup, even. What, it's only 5+ feet behind the 3 point line. :lmao :lol

lets see... now he MISSED IT BADLY when it was dead on and simply came up a tad short hitting the front of the rim.

ANY shot you take from long range that you miss is a bad miss. This is because you have to put so much energy into the ball that if you miss, it is going to carom badly, making it almost impossible to give your big men a chance for a rebound and quick put back.

And now all of a sudden 20 seconds with no times outs and down 4 is A TON OF TIME.

You're right. Most teams would have shot a 35 footer in this situation to save even more time. :lmao

It's a 2 possession game. 20 seconds. You're telling me the Lakers can't get a good shot, foul, then get the ball up the court and get another shot off in the ~15 seconds they'd have left on the clock? That's over half of a possession.

followed by this

As you have seen no defender was right there. He was NOT OFF BALANCE, and it was a perfectly acceptable jump shot off of BOTH PLANTED FEET.

You got me. He wasn't off balance, it was just a 29 foot shot off the dribble. Brilliant shot. High percentage.

Sure is a lot of wavering going on there Cry. And you standby these comments after actually watching that shot? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

And you can watch that footage and still say it's a good shot?

It's fun to watch you torpedo any reputation you have left as knowledgeable about the game just to save Kobe's performance by defending his chucking. :lmao

hitmanyr2k
03-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Why do you keep saying this stupid shit? 25 seconds is an eternity in the NBA with or without timeouts :lol

If the Lakers go for the quick two and score they use up 5-7 seconds max. That leaves 18-20 seconds left in the game. An intentional foul uses up 2-3 seconds at best. So that leaves 15-17 seconds left to work with. You're telling me the Lakers suck so much they can't get a quality shot with 15+ seconds left because they're out of timeouts? That's bullshit :lol

Miami was on a 5 game losing streak with critical blunders in all of those games (including missed free throws) down the stretch. The last place any of those Heat players wanted to be was on the foul line in another tight game with the basketball world watching. Kobe and his non-existent b-ball IQ bailed them out with that idiotic shot. The funny part is Kobe had the WHOLE right side cleared out with Wade one on one and he didn't even try to take him.

Killakobe81
03-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Ugh, stupid article. I stopped reading after he said like half a dozen times that the Heat were a legit contender LA should be worried about. LA has to worry about a lot of teams in the West, and Miami has to worry about a lot of teams in the East first.

Bottom line is it wasn't about taking and missing shots, it was about poor shot selection, and you don't need to practice for that.

PM5K ...gets it.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 04:35 PM
You're right. 29 feet is an everyday shot. Tantamount to a layup, even. What, it's only 5+ feet behind the 3 point line. :lmao :lol

Cry... you're making shit up now. I never said it was an everyday shot. I said it was acceptable in that situation to take it. It was. You have changes your tune several times here and you still just dont grasp it.

ANY shot you take from long range that you miss is a bad miss. This is because you have to put so much energy into the ball that if you miss, it is going to carom badly, making it almost impossible to give your big men a chance for a rebound and quick put back.

And yet the Lakers got the rebound and would have retained possesion had Lebron not been lucky enough to get away with the flop. Go figure.

You're right. Most teams would have shot a 35 footer in this situation to save even more time. :lmao

No, PJ called the play to get the first available open shot. Thats what they got and it almost went. Some times they do...sometimes not.

It's a 2 possession game. 20 seconds. You're telling me the Lakers can't get a good shot, foul, then get the ball up the court and get another shot off in the ~15 seconds they'd have left on the clock? That's over half of a possession.

Think about it Cry... now you are banking on the Heat missing ALL their free throws? Hitting that 3 would have put them in a position to possibly get in two fouls and try to get the ball upcourt an in the basket. If he passes the ball or drives for the two... its down to 15 second or less. If you trully think about it you will see that there is no doubt hundreds of ways this could have turned out. But that 3 at the top was not the outlandish shot you are mking it out to be. As I said before... you should have chosen the corner 3 that he says he got fouled on and you wouldn't have got an agument.

You got me. He wasn't off balance, it was just a 29 foot shot off the dribble. Brilliant shot. High percentage.

Never said it was a high percentage shot. Just that your uncontested, off balance chuck comments werent at all accurate. And they weren't. Not quite sure how you got to that point where you just imagine stuff that never existed.

And you can watch that footage and still say it's a good shot? It's fun to watch you torpedo any reputation you have left as knowledgeable about the game just to save Kobe's performance by defending his chucking. :lmao

I'm defending his chucking at all. Kobe takes a lot of ill advised shots. It's no secret. I just posted that his corner 3 wasnt the brightest. I still contend that going for the 3 with 20 left and no times outs is a viable option in that situation on the road. And I could honestly care less what you think of my BBall knowledge. It is what it is...

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Why do you keep saying this stupid shit? 25 seconds is an eternity in the NBA with or without timeouts :lol

If the Lakers go for the quick two and score they use up 5-7 seconds max. That leaves 18-20 seconds left in the game. An intentional foul uses up 2-3 seconds at best. So that leaves 15-17 seconds left to work with. You're telling me the Lakers suck so much they can't get a quality shot with 15+ seconds left because they're out of timeouts? That's bullshit :lol

Miami was on a 5 game losing streak with critical blunders in all of those games (including missed free throws) down the stretch. The last place any of those Heat players wanted to be was on the foul line in another tight game with the basketball world watching. Kobe and his non-existent b-ball IQ bailed them out with that idiotic shot. The funny part is Kobe had the WHOLE right side cleared out with Wade one on one and he didn't even try to take him.

The goods right here. Pretty concise.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 05:04 PM
The goods right here. Pretty concise.

Sure if you wanna bank on a team missing all there FT's at home. Im just loving how you guys have so much respect for the Lakers that you feel they can run the whole floor for two posessions in 15 seconds and no TO's all the while knowing the Heat will brick their freebies.

I guess well just agree to disagree...

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Sure if you wanna bank on a team missing all there FT's at home. Im just loving how you guys have so much respect for the Lakers that you feel they can run the whole floor for two posessions in 15 seconds and no TO's all the while knowing the Heat will brick their freebies.

I guess well just agree to disagree...

You're down 4.

You make a 2.

Foul them.

They miss a free throw and make one.

You're down 3 with 15 seconds to play.

How is that counting on the Heat to miss all their freethrows?

The World Champs can't get a good look at a 3 in 15 seconds?

cobbler
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
You're down 4.

You make a 2.

Foul them.

They miss a free throw and make one.

You're down 3 with 15 seconds to play.

How is that counting on the Heat to miss all their freethrows?

The World Champs can't get a good look at a 3 in 15 seconds?

ok... first off you are assuming you make the 2 to begin with. Second, now your assuming they miss one. And now you have to travel the floor with full court pressure and get off a 3? And you think that 3 is going to somehow be a better look than the one he got uncontested? Not to mention that the Heat could just foul and limit you to two possibilities. So they chose to take the 3 upfront and if it had fallen they would have had a much better chance of staying in the game, on the road, trading free throws.

So yes you are correct and they could have only missed one to begin with and follow that up with the perfect storm for the tie. There is an old adage in sports... at home you go for the tie, and on the road the win.

Again, you can call it either way and go with that strategy. I personally would have done what the Lakers tried and got the 3 out of the way up front, especially if it presented itself with a makable uncontested attempt. Regardless, to say trying that approach is stupid with the circumstances at hand is just silly. It's a viable solution that many coaches would take.