PDA

View Full Version : Is bullying something President Obama should be focusing on right now?

PM5K
03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Yes (24.9%)
No (75.1%)

Funny poll results on WOAI.

Nah, let's not worry about little kids getting their asses beat in school by other kids, we've got bigger problems, and apparently the President can't focus on more than one thing at a time. I'm sure all of this has taken him months and months of 24 hour days.[/SARCASM]

I hope those people that voted no don't have kids.

Political Forum? Maybe...
Bullying Forum, too scared to go there.

Blake
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Obama needs to get back to the business of bullying the Middle East.

mrsmaalox
03-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Well I don't think Mr. Obama is "focusing" on it----it would be impossible, he truly does have bigger issues at hand. But I don't have a problem with any prominent leader bringing attention to it and pointing out the benefits of a more compassionate society.

ManuBalboa
03-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Bullying will always be a reality for kids. Either fight back or weather the storm . A simple ad telling them to make good grades and laugh at the nobodies who bullied them and grew up to be losers is all that is needed.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Well I don't think Mr. Obama is "focusing" on it----it would be impossible, he truly does have bigger issues at hand. But I don't have a problem with any prominent leader bringing attention to it and pointing out the benefits of a more compassionate society.

:tu

Bullying will always be a reality for kids. Either fight back or weather the storm . A simple ad telling them to make good grades and laugh at the nobodies who bullied them and grew up to be losers is all that is needed.

Completely disagree with this. First of all, ignoring it doesn't do a thing, and in fact makes it worse when kids realize they can get away with it.

Secondly, is bullying nearly this kind of problem in other countries? Somehow I highly doubt it.

ManuBalboa
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
First of all, ignoring it doesn't do a thing, and in fact makes it worse when kids realize they can get away with it.Ignoring it doesn't do a thing? If you ignore it, it means nothing to you. There are losers who will talk shit to you your entire lifetime. What leverage do they have on you if you understand the big picture? None.

They can get away with it? Really? Once they hit the real world they will see how things really work. Meanwhile the kid who took the bullying and/or fought back, will have gone on with his/her life and made something productive of themselves while developing their mental strength to take on the shit they will surely encounter in the real world.

You are being bullied because the bullies are loser assholes. But if they are bullying you because you are overweight, learn about exercise and nutrtion and do something about it if it is tearing you up inside. If they are bullying you for being an emo/goth, either blend in or accept that this is the reality of a social species. If you are being bullied for being gay, realize the social atmosphere of the current times and keep it to yourself or be fabulous and laugh at the haters. If you are being bullied for being a teen wolf...well.

K-12 is so meaningless once you hit College/Work. Make good grades and don't let the losers turn you into a social retard, and you are set for life.

p.s.s. Once you get out of school, have fun dealing with the 30/40/50/60 year olds who are bitter about how their lives turned out and take their pain out on you, the energetic up'n'comer. Only in this situation, you can't say or do shit because they do have leverage over you. That's life.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Secondly, is bullying nearly this kind of problem in other countries? Somehow I highly doubt it.

I've kind of wondered that myself. More so I wonder if the same amount of bullying goes on, just fewer kids kill themselves over it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
down here if you get bullied, you sue the school and get a good payout :D:D:D:D

DarkReign
03-11-2011, 12:20 PM
So now bullying is a Federal issue?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM

I agree but he should really learn to speak out of one side of his mouth. He's shown he can't take his own advice and hasn't really heeded his own "stance" yet.

mrsmaalox
03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I agree but he should really learn to speak out of one side of his mouth. He's shown he can't take his own advice and hasn't really heeded his own "stance" yet.

:rolleyes and :rolleyes

lazerelmo
03-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes, he should be focusing on the bullying going on in Libya.

Stringer_Bell
03-11-2011, 01:23 PM
down here if you get bullied, you sue the school and get a good payout :D:D:D:D

Or kill yourself, which cuts away at future Social Security investments. It's a bad deal when the youth off themselves.

The War on Bullying will only turn into the new War on Terror. The bullies are too well trained, too well funded, for us to go after them in their homes. The only way to catch them is in the act, and by then it might already be too late.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes and :rolleyes

Well I could've :rolleyes too and taken the easy way out but I decided to explain myself. Oh well. Silly me. Sorry to offend. It's true but ":rolleyes and :rolleyes" I know.

I'd ask what was edited by why bother.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Ignoring it doesn't do a thing? If you ignore it, it means nothing to you. There are losers who will talk shit to you your entire lifetime. What leverage do they have on you if you understand the big picture? None.

They can get away with it? Really? Once they hit the real world they will see how things really work. Meanwhile the kid who took the bullying and/or fought back, will have gone on with his/her life and made something productive of themselves while developing their mental strength to take on the shit they will surely encounter in the real world.

You are being bullied because the bullies are loser assholes. But if they are bullying you because you are overweight, learn about exercise and nutrtion and do something about it if it is tearing you up inside. If they are bullying you for being an emo/goth, either blend in or accept that this is the reality of a social species. If you are being bullied for being gay, realize the social atmosphere of the current times and keep it to yourself or be fabulous and laugh at the haters. If you are being bullied for being a teen wolf...well.

K-12 is so meaningless once you hit College/Work. Make good grades and don't let the losers turn you into a social retard, and you are set for life.

p.s.s. Once you get out of school, have fun dealing with the 30/40/50/60 year olds who are bitter about how their lives turned out and take their pain out on you, the energetic up'n'comer. Only in this situation, you can't say or do shit because they do have leverage over you. That's life.

It's easy to look at this all from an adult perspective.

Unfortunately, kids start bullying as early as kindergarten. Most children do not have the mental resources to deal with daily criticism or ridicule, to say nothing of physical confrontations or threats of violence which are present nearly all of the time in bullying. Most schools simply look the other way, for no other reason than just not wanting to deal with the drama, or the precedent that it's "harmless" and "kids will be kids".

mrsmaalox
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Well I could've :rolleyes too and taken the easy way out but I decided to explain myself. Oh well. Silly me. Sorry to offend. It's true but ":rolleyes and :rolleyes" I know.

I'd ask what was edited by why bother.

No prob: I added the "and" cuz it made my 2 :rolleyes snarkier :D

My bad, I guess I missed the speech that Obama made encouraging schoolkids to bully each other. That would explain your "talking out of one side of his mouth" comment.

DMX7
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
San Antonio is not exactly the smartest city out there. I love it, and I know this.

RandomGuy
03-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes (24.9%)
No (75.1%)

Funny poll results on WOAI.

Nah, let's not worry about little kids getting their asses beat in school by other kids, we've got bigger problems, and apparently the President can't focus on more than one thing at a time. I'm sure all of this has taken him months and months of 24 hour days.[/SARCASM]

I hope those people that voted no don't have kids.

Political Forum? Maybe...
Bullying Forum, too scared to go there.

http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/img-wrongforum.jpg

jjktkk
03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Bullying has changed somewhat from when I was a kid. Back then you usually only had to stand up to one bully. Now it seems that theres gangs of bullys picking on one kid. Sucks that a little kid has to stand up to a whole gang of bullys. No easy answer imo.

Drachen
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Ignoring it doesn't do a thing? If you ignore it, it means nothing to you. There are losers who will talk shit to you your entire lifetime. What leverage do they have on you if you understand the big picture? None.

Do you think that little girl who ran her bike into the 82 year old woman should be able to be sued as an adult? If so, why? If not, why not?

baseline bum
03-11-2011, 04:36 PM
You just gotta tell your kids to fight back. The second you throw a punch back all the cowards usually move on to someone else.