PDA

View Full Version : I feel like Dallas is better than us....

Sigz
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Just looking at their roster, they give me the chills.

They have the HARDEST player to match up against in the entire NBA: Dirk Nowitzki. Do we really think Dice is gonna be able to even slow him down???

They have great defensive size. People will call Tyson Chandler soft; but he's changed their mentality. Add in that they have Haywood backing him up; they have what WE had in 2003; along with their 7 foot shooting guard.

They have those annoying little fucks that get under our skin; just as that Dragic faggot for PHX did a while back. I hate Jason Terry and that other white boy. But they can and DO make shots.

They have a great bench. Along with those two fucks, add in Peja and Marion and you've got a well rounded second unit.

-----------------

I'm sorry. But I just don't think we can match up with their size in the first place. Duncan + Dice + Blair VS Chandler + Nowitzki + Haywood?

I think the Mavs may have the advantage.... and that's HUGE.

You saw how BADLY we rebounded against LA. It could very well be that way against Dallas...

dbreiden83080
03-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Dallas beats the Lakers

we beat Dallas..

I hope..

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
they give me the chills.

:rolleyes

Sigz
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
:rolleyes

Feller please don't try and derail my thread.

I'm trying to have a decent NBA basketball conversation.

Harlem Preach
03-11-2011, 01:35 PM
certainly size is our issue. splitter was a waste of money. we now our team. its basically pray for 3s. we arent gonna change that strategy against the mavs.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
:lmao pussy ass thread. gtfo with this weak shit

Sigz
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
certainly size is our issue. splitter was a waste of money. we now our team. its basically pray for 3s. we arent gonna change that strategy against the mavs.

I agree feller. I've been pretty disappointed with Tiago. I don't know what it is with him, but he just looks soft.

And yes, live by the 3; die by the 3.

Do we all remember that high powered Suns offense a couple years back? Lived by the 3, and they died by it when it counted.

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Feller please don't try and derail my thread.

I'm trying to have a decent NBA basketball conversation.

It's impossible to derail a thread that has already gone off the tracks in the first sentence of the first post.

Gives me chills....:downspin:

elemento
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
just like last year right?

Put Dice in Dirka's ass and we win the series in 5.

Mavs are always non issue

Sigz
03-11-2011, 01:41 PM
It's impossible to derail a thread that has already gone off the tracks in the first sentence of the first post.

Gives me chills....:downspin:

I'm sorry feller, I'll use a different adjective next time.

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry feller, I'll use a different adjective next time.

As used, chills is a noun.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 01:43 PM
The whole OP is full of fail. Can Dice even slow down Dirk? Did you even watch last years playoffs. He did as good a job as anyone ever has defending him and probably the best in a Spurs uniform.

Haywood gives you the chills? :lmao Mavs fans can't even stand Haywood but for some reason he scares you.

Annoying little guys that get under our skin? wtf

Peja? lmao

I hope I'm being trolled with this retarded ass thread.

Mugen
03-11-2011, 01:45 PM
a lot of SpurFan fail in this thread already.

HarlemHo 37
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol You just came to that conclusion 64 games into the season? TBH, This is old news.

cueing the 52-12 response....

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM
They're a quality squad, there's no doubt about that. It's no accident they've got the #2 seed. They've got a legit defensive big in Tyson Chandler, which is a pretty considerable upgrade to last year. Scary? Meh. They've got flaws, just like the Spurs. It's a very tight year with the top three seeds in both conferences.

Reck
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Dude...wheres your manhood at?

Chills? Afraid?

This thread sucks.

Spurs have gone this far. They're not just gonna lay down because the mavs may or may not match up better then Spurs.

Sigz
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
They're a quality squad, there's no doubt about that. It's no accident they've got the #2 seed. They've got a legit defensive big in Tyson Chandler, which is a pretty considerable upgrade to last year. Scary? Meh. They've got flaws, just like the Spurs. It's a very tight year with the top three seeds in both conferences.

Excellent post feller.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I talked to an owner friend of mine and he put it this way, "This is the strangest Spurs team we've ever had. It seems like everyone who plays can make anywhere between a small impact that no one sees, or a big impact that you wouldn't expect. We win a lot of games, but we don't win by much. (this was before the Heat game) The weird feeling that we win but not convincingly makes us feel like the best record isn't befitting because when we play teams like the Nets and never open a big lead it just seems weird to say that the Spurs are the best in the NBA."

We have been destroying teams all year.... We have the biggest point differential and Average Scoring Margin in the entire league, what do you mean we don't win by much....

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Other than a handful of games, how many times has it been obvious that the Spurs were going to win a game midway through the 4th? Five times maybe?

The stats don't lie. Highest Margin of Victory in the NBA. Are you thinking that LA, BOS and DAL are blowing everyone out every night because according to this they are winning by a much closer margin then we are, not to mention losing more also.

HarlemHo 37
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Other than a handful of games, how many times has it been obvious that the Spurs were going to win a game midway through the 4th? Five times maybe?

IMO, its more than a handful. The Spurs get out to comfortable leads, get complacent on defense and let the opponent back into the game. TBH, we haven't played great since before the RRT.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Every team in the NBA gets complacent when getting a big league. Dallas had back to back games where they blew big leads against MEM ( I think a 17 pt lead at half to lose) and NOH ( like a 10 pt lead in the 4th to lose). but they are contenders and we are not and they blow out teams more then us although the stat says different?

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM

It's much more than a handful. Just think of all the games in which Tim didn't play at all in the 4th quarter.

darkhorse
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
In the end, Dallas will go soft as per usual.

HarlemHo 37
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Every team in the NBA gets complacent when getting a big league. Dallas had back to back games where they blew big leads against MEM ( I think a 17 pt lead at half to lose) and NOH ( like a 10 pt lead in the 4th to lose). but they are contenders and we are not and they blow out teams more then us although the stat says different?

IMO, the season needs to be segmented. Early on the Spurs were killing teams. Lately, the Spurs have struggled to put teams away or pull away late in the fourth quarter to clam the easy win. Maybe its that the schedule has gotten tougher, but they only beat New Jersey by 10, Oklahoma City by 4, a team they trounced by 27 the first time around, squeaked by a Memphis team they had a 21 point first half lead against, and they didn't even put away Detroit and Toronto until mid 4th quarter. Outside of the Miami, they haven't played a complete game since prior to the RRT.

admiralsnackbar
03-11-2011, 02:28 PM
If anything contributes to our being perceived as unimpressive, I think it is the general NBA culture of celebrity. The scoring load is often distributed between so many players here (many of which aren't on most casual observers radar)(and by casual observers I definitely include a fair amount of the media) that evening highlights end up reading things like: Manu Ginobili, player of the game with 16 points, etc. Followed by something along the lines of: Carmello Anthony scores 43!

I really think the league has elevated/marketed individual accomplishment so far beyond team play that most media streams don't know how to communicate a balanced team effort in a soundbite only meant to be long enough to trumpet one player's contribution as a focus.

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2011, 02:32 PM
mavs look good on paper

but they usually have 2 guys on the court who offer nothing to the team if taken out of the games...terry and kidd...

03-11-2011, 03:12 PM
better than facing the lakers.

cd98
03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Dallas were better than us last year and they lost. Sometimes the best team doesn't win.

I'd also point out that Mavs are not as good without their second highest scorer. And if Butler does come back, he will have missed most of the season and probably won't be very sharp.

Dallas are more a defensive team, but they don't have enough offense in my opinion to beat the Spurs or the Lakers in 7.

Cane
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The Spurs will do fine against the Mavs imo. The Jasons are going to get destroyed by whoever is lucky enough to be guarded by them and Marion historically sucks against the Spurs gameplans. Dirk will be Dirk but the Spurs defense last season was solid enough against him and he's mentally not the toughest around (remember those dumbass fouls he picked up on George Hill for instance, IIRC it was the elimination game but Dirk did come back in the 2nd half with vengeance).

One thing's for sure though: The Mavs are going to try and injure or foul the hell out of the Spurs if they face eachother in the WCF. Not only is there plenty of bad blood for the ponies but Carlisle was more than willing to use an enforcer/goon called Najera who tried to claw at Manu and Tony's faces for his short stints on the court. I expect Cardinal to fill that role for them now. Going to be one hell of a physical series :downspin:

elbamba
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Chandler is overrated and so is his defense. No one else on the Mavs plays defense. The Spurs play as good of defense as the Mavs. Spurs are better than Mavs.

timtonymanu
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
The fact that some of the Mavs took it so personally that Carlisle called them "soft" is a reason why the Spurs are more mentally prepared. I would take the Spurs in 7 games.

crc21209
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
:lmao pussy ass thread. gtfo with this weak shit

+1 :lol

timtonymanu
03-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Who would be intimidated by Haywood? He was suppose to be the Duncan stopper according to Mav fans and Duncan made him his bitch.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe its that the schedule has gotten tougher, but they only beat New Jersey by 10, Oklahoma City by 4, a team they trounced by 27 the first time around, squeaked by a Memphis team they had a 21 point first half lead against, and they didn't even put away Detroit and Toronto until mid 4th quarter. Outside of the Miami, they haven't played a complete game since prior to the RRT.

wtf is the point here.... Dallas has just lost to NOH after having a 10 pt lead in the 4th, lost to MEM after having a 17 pt lead at half and "only" just beat minnesota by 3 and indiana by 8. Are they playing complete games right now? How are they more impressive?

Not sure what you are getting at here... The Spurs have had close games against other NBA teams? Yeah, it comes with the territory of having the best record and getting everybody's "best shot". You could make an argument that LA has been playing the best ball since the all star break compared to everybody in the league but how is Dallas proven to be better or make some here get the "chills"

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
LAL is far more worrisome then Dallas, not saying that Dallas wouldn't be a tough series but if you are seriously scared or getting the chills from brendan fucking haywood and the rest of those choke artists then you need to gtfo.

crc21209
03-11-2011, 03:55 PM
LAL is far more worrisome then Dallas, not saying that Dallas wouldn't be a tough series but if you are seriously scared or getting the chills from brendan fucking haywood and the rest of those choke artists then you need to gtfo.

+1. Little bitches like Terry, Kidd, Barea, etc don't scare me at all. The ONE mismatch and problem the Spurs have with the Mavs (And always have) is Dirk, that's it....

jjktkk
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Dallas will, for obvious reasons, always be a tough matchup. But Dallas will always have trouble scoring in the playoffs because of a lack of a true #2 scoring option. Lakers present a much more formidable playoff matchup.

cheguevara
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
on paper Dallas has been scary since 05.

on practice you know what happens once playoffs come along.

Mugen
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Dirk's going to get his 25-30 no matter whos guarding him. Dice can make him work and so can Bonner but neither one of them are going to give him any sort of trouble IMO.

The key to beating the Mavs has always been to shut down their secondary and third scorers. Their biggest weakness is not having a legit 2nd scoring option behind Dirk. Terry does an admirable job but the spurs have the personnel to defend him (namely Hill and Parker). We did a great job last year of limiting Butler/Terry and chasing Kidd off the 3. Roddy gives them a new dynamic that we havent really seen much of but who knows if Carlisle even plays him enough in a potential series.

Offensively, Timmy has always been able to score pretty effectively on Chandler/Haywood despite his length. For some reason Tim doesnt struggle against that duo like he does against Gasol/Bynum even though they're comparable in length. And our biggest advantage is that they still don't have anybody that can match up with our penetrating guards. Brewer/Marion can make Manu work but hes never really had a problem against the mavs until he broke his nose last year. They don't have a soul that can stay in front of TP.

I still think we take that series in 6, maybe 7. But we match up much better with the Mavs then we do with the Lakers. Fan up, Sigz.

Sean Cagney
03-11-2011, 04:26 PM
The Spurs will do fine against the Mavs imo. The Jasons are going to get destroyed by whoever is lucky enough to be guarded by them and Marion historically sucks against the Spurs gameplans. Dirk will be Dirk but the Spurs defense last season was solid enough against him and he's mentally not the toughest around (remember those dumbass fouls he picked up on George Hill for instance, IIRC it was the elimination game but Dirk did come back in the 2nd half with vengeance).

One thing's for sure though: The Mavs are going to try and injure or foul the hell out of the Spurs if they face eachother in the WCF. Not only is there plenty of bad blood for the ponies but Carlisle was more than willing to use an enforcer/goon called Najera who tried to claw at Manu and Tony's faces for his short stints on the court. I expect Cardinal to fill that role for them now. Going to be one hell of a physical series :downspin:Don't act like we are there yet and Dallas is, there is a LA team out there too who is pretty good and can beat both in a series if they play like they can..... Not saying they will be there either, but it could be Spurs and Dallas or easily Spurs and LA as well (IF SA does not choke).

Solid D
03-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I feel like Dallas is better than us....

I am reminded of renowned philosopher, R Lee Ermey's famous words:

"Well maybe we can chug on over to Mamby-Pamby Land where, maybe, we can find some self-confidence for you, ya jackwagon!"

http://www.dogwalkblog.com/wp-content/uploads/jackwagon.jpg

...'cept you're not a "jackwagon".

Solid D
03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Seriously, Dallas is awesome. Who has better depth than the Mavs? I don't envy Rick trying to balance minutes between all those players. It's like going into a Baskin Robbins and trying to pick 1 or 2 flavors to go on the cone (Dirk).

I look forward to every Dallas v. Spurs game. The last one I saw in person was the close-out game 6 in the playoffs last season, where George Hill lit up Dallas, in spite of Roddy B.

Both teams are good at closing games (with a couple of exceptions) but there is something special about this Spurs team this year.

Pauleta14
03-11-2011, 05:29 PM
We have 3 pieces they can't match in Ginobili, Parker and Pop...

These are the 3 reasons we'll beat them

JR3
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
You are probably right- but that said, we have beaten teams better than us on paper in the playoffs time and time again. I think our team presents a lot of headaches too. Ginobili is a lock to be under skin in the playoffs. I like our chances. No doubt.

Pauleta14
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm not scared about any team or any player at all, not even the Lakers or Nowitski.

I only fear Bonner in the PO...

Pauleta14
03-11-2011, 05:34 PM
we have beaten teams better than us on paper in the playoffs time and time again

This

remember the Pistons... :wow

Holden_Caulfield
03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
i have a feeling splitter will save the day... i just want to see him play alongside duncan.

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not scared about any team or any player at all, not even the Lakers or Nowitski.

I only fear Bonner in the PO...

Come on, you also fear that Manu won't pass the ball to Tony...:stirpot:

Solid D
03-11-2011, 05:42 PM

:lol Speaking of that, a friendly reminder that the Spurs are 29-0 this season when Tony Parker has 7 assists or more.

z0sa
03-11-2011, 05:48 PM
These threads are so fucking boring.

OP, find your balls, and man up in the Spurs corner.

Pauleta14
03-11-2011, 06:10 PM

:lol

ps: If you have "followed" some of my post, you'll know that my favorite spur is Manu...
(Depiste the fact that I'm a fan of Tony and spent a lot of time defending him these last years...)

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 06:12 PM

ps: If you have "followed" some of my post, you'll know that my favorite spur is Manu...
(Depiste the fact that I'm a fan of Tony and spent a lot of time defending him these last years...)

I know.

j/k

Budkin
03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Go hide under your covers. The Spurs are a better team.

barbacoataco
03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Dallas is always a tough matchup. But the Spurs beat them in the playoffs last year and this is a much better Spurs team.

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
03-11-2011, 07:21 PM
@OP Really Dirk scares you? Shooters don't win championships and rarely win series unless its some freak shit like PHX last year, Dirks not clutch and the guys who they added Paja, Tyson, Brewer, not clutch either, there team will bend when its go time. We have 3 guys who have PROVEN over and over and have rings to show. If we're healthy with the nice bench we got only the Lakers can stop us cuz they got Kobe to kill close games I'm more worried about OKC and Durant over the mavs

spurspokesman
03-11-2011, 07:40 PM

They have the HARDEST player to match up against in the entire NBA: Dirk Nowitzki. Do we really think Dice is gonna be able to even slow him down???

They have great defensive size. People will call Tyson Chandler soft; but he's changed their mentality. Add in that they have Haywood backing him up; they have what WE had in 2003; along with their 7 foot shooting guard.

They have those annoying little fucks that get under our skin; just as that Dragic faggot for PHX did a while back. I hate Jason Terry and that other white boy. But they can and DO make shots.

They have a great bench. Along with those two fucks, add in Peja and Marion and you've got a well rounded second unit.

-----------------

I'm sorry. But I just don't think we can match up with their size in the first place. Duncan + Dice + Blair VS Chandler + Nowitzki + Haywood?

You saw how BADLY we rebounded against LA. It could very well be that way against Dallas...

I feel the same way. But as true spurs fans we are forced to believe against all odds. But it comes a time to be honest with yourself and dallas looks to be a tall order. Good thread sigz.

Doctor J
03-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Dallas won't disappoint me this year as they never have done.

They just don't know how to win in the post season. They just don't have it in them.

dbestpro
03-11-2011, 11:50 PM

-----------------

I don't know who you are, but you are not one of us. Perhaps, you're a Suns fan.

John Basedow
03-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I don't know who you are, but you are not one of us. Perhaps, your a Suns fan.

Spurstalk: Where groupthink happens

spurtech09
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
sigs just admit it...your a mavs fan lol

senorglory
03-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Spurstalk: Where groupthink happens

says the work-out dude, with no sense of irony.

EricB
03-12-2011, 01:10 AM
If Dallas had a healthy Caron Butler I would agree.

However they don't have that SF scoring dynamic anymore.

Their wing scorers are small shooting guards Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.

Pretty much its last year's team with the center position improving a tad and the wings downgraded a TON.

Peja a choke in the playoffs usually will be a total stiff now that he's lost so much, plus defensively he's just atrocious.

Personally it would be double dirk and make guys like Peja Chandler and other others beat me on the perimeter.

Greg Oden
03-12-2011, 01:18 AM
@OP Really Dirk scares you? Shooters don't win championships and rarely win series unless its some freak shit like PHX last year, Dirks not clutch and the guys who they added Paja, Tyson, Brewer, not clutch either, there team will bend when its go time. We have 3 guys who have PROVEN over and over and have rings to show. If we're healthy with the nice bench we got only the Lakers can stop us cuz they got Kobe to kill close games I'm more worried about OKC and Durant over the mavs

sorry, but he's the best clutch player in the nba and has been for a few years now.

Maybe all this shit spurfan is talking will actually make it come true. This forum is going to hilarious to read when the Spurs get ousted.

Greg Oden
03-12-2011, 01:19 AM
If Dallas had a healthy Caron Butler I would agree.

However they don't have that SF scoring dynamic anymore.

Their wing scorers are small shooting guards Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.

Pretty much its last year's team with the center position improving a tad and the wings downgraded a TON.

Peja a choke in the playoffs usually will be a total stiff now that he's lost so much, plus defensively he's just atrocious.

Personally it would be double dirk and make guys like Peja Chandler and other others beat me on the perimeter.

C improving a tad? The Mavs replaced Erick Dampier with Tyson Chandler. Yeah a fuckin tad :lmao

nice take Eric.

jjktkk
03-12-2011, 01:29 AM
C improving a tad? The Mavs replaced Erick Dampier with Tyson Chandler. Yeah a fuckin tad :lmao

nice take Eric.

Still don't have that #2.

Greg Oden
03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Well yeah, Caron would be nice to have. The Mavs also need to tighten the D up lately. They've been slacking in that department since they were ranked pretty high early in the season.

Sean Cagney
03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Well yeah, Caron would be nice to have. The Mavs also need to tighten the D up lately. They've been slacking in that department since they were ranked pretty high early in the season.

Where are you Oden? You are missing years in a row now man, when you gonna play a half a season at most? :rollin

Amercias most wanted, milkbox style missing bruh! Just flat out MIA.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2011, 03:36 AM
lol mavs first round fodder

ginobili fan
03-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Parker=Kidd + beaubois
Duncan=Nowitski
Manu=Dallas
Neal+Hill>Barea+Terry
Nough
SAid...

admiralsnackbar
03-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Parker=Kidd + beaubois
Duncan=Nowitski
Manu=Dallas
Neal+Hill>Barea+Terry
Nough
SAid...
The other thing people lauding their front line seem to miss is that a large part of our offense comes from outside, rendering their front line useless. If Dice can stay in front of Dirk as he has in the past, they really don't have anything we can't counter, good as they may be.

Pick of Destiny
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Dallas will be very tough come the playoffs.

Reggie Williams
03-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Shooters don't win championships yet the SPurs team depends on the 3 about for 95% of their points.

Great logic.

spursbird
03-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Shooters don't win championships yet the SPurs team depends on the 3 about for 95% of their points.

Great logic.
:lmao You win.

spursbird
03-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Parker=Kidd + beaubois
Duncan=Nowitski
Manu=Dallas
Neal+Hill>Barea+Terry
Nough
SAid...
WTF Manu=Dallas?
And now you have to admit Duncan<Nowitski.

pjjrfan
03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
The pattern I'm seeing with this year's version of the Spurs is that they will have one great defensive qtr. coupled with a great offensive qtr. It's usually the 3rd or 4th but in some cases like the Pistons it came in the 1st with the Kings they never got serious until they fell behind in the 4th. then the last 4 minutes they locked down on defense, hit some shots and it was over, no wait their careless play made it closer.

Solid D
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Great logic.

Actually, about 24%, but who's really counting?

Mel_13
03-12-2011, 01:57 PM

You really must stop bringing facts into these discussions. People lose track of their narratives.

Solid D
03-12-2011, 02:02 PM

DJB
03-12-2011, 04:44 PM
In all honesty, I'm never scared of Dallas.

ChuckD
03-12-2011, 05:37 PM

-----------------

I used to have dreams, and now...I have shells of dreams...

MannyIsGod
03-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Ian Mahimni gives me the chills.

mavsfan1000
03-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Both the Mavs and Spurs are flawed. Lakers should have it in the bag. :(

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
03-12-2011, 11:48 PM

Great logic.

i think 95% of those 3's come from straight execution not necessity, no stars, or go to guys on this team, just passing and finishing the play, every position can do multiple things, this is a defensive minded team running more, unlike the Mavs who r and offensive team desperately trying to be defensive and tough. What r the mavs gonna do when Dirk can't drain shots or get the looks he wants. We can go to Tim, and have Tony, and Manu to drive. wait Mavs got Butler wait no Boubua will save the day....IDK u tell me, and we have one off the highest point diff's in the league evidence of a defensive team...soooooo yeaaaaa

moisaenz
03-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Chokewitzki appears again..late turnover...

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
sorry, but he's the best clutch player in the nba and has been for a few years now.

Maybe all this shit spurfan is talking will actually make it come true. This forum is going to hilarious to read when the Spurs get ousted.

r u being sarcastic? ummmm 06 finals? ummmmm 07 1st seed vs 8th seed? ummmmm loaded rosters? ummmmm gay but good owner? WHERE DA RINGS @? WHERE R THEY IDK maybe again its yall's year, from what I hear this is the best team ya ever put on the floor.....swear to god I think I hurd that before.

ya suckahs just wait and see Tyson and all the add ons will amount to Antwan Walker, Keith Van Horn, Jamison and all the others they added swearing this was the one player that would push em over the hill, the same hill the SPURS have gotten over like 4 times I think....I think idk u tell me
:flag:

easy7
03-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Dallas is not better when Dirk passes instead of shooting and Terry shoots instead of passing. See tonight's game as an example. :hat

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
03-13-2011, 12:06 AM

You really must stop bringing facts into these discussions. People lose track of their narratives.

Awesome:toast

Marcus Bryant
03-13-2011, 12:33 AM
My God.

Marcus Bryant
03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Someone find this eunuch a pair.

lmbebo
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Dallas is scary. They got all the pieces.

Do I think they are better? Just defensively. I don't think we are a good defensive team.

I think our record is better than our team really is. Defensively, we're not great. In the past when we've won championships we've been able to lock teams down defensively. I don't think we can anymore.

I don't think that means we can't we a championship with this team though. I think the road to the finals will be as tough as it ever has been. Top 4 are legit contenders. Denver, Memphis, Portland, and NO are all tough outs and more than capable of upsets.

Lakers - Size hurts us, esp with the way Bynum is playing inside.
Dallas - so many different/difficult matchups. Person who really makes things tough though is Chandler. He gives them that added element.
NO - Durant/Westbrook are tough covers. Perkins finally gives them an inside presence.

TampaDude
03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Dallas looks great...on paper...but they are chokers...ringlessness is their destiny, just like the Suns...

quentin_compson
03-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Dallas is scary. They got all the pieces.

They still lack a constant second scoring option.

Mark in Austin
03-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Nuclear meltdowns in Japan give me chills. Dallas is just a basketball team.

fotan2
03-13-2011, 12:50 PM
dont worry about it, the mavs wont make it to the WCF

SenorSpur
03-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Once again, Cuban has built a very formidable roster - chocked full of talent. So much talent, in fact, that it will be hard for Carlisle to find minutes for them all.

However as usual, it's become apparent again that the Mavs are simply not a mentally tough ball club - regardless of who is on the roster. Their defense has totally fallen off from where it began the season. Along with their penchant for losing big leads during games and routinely allowing the opposition back into the game, they've also suffered recent losses to seeminlgy inferior teams (Grizzlies, Hornets).

In this latest loss, the Fakers frontline absolutely destroyed them, despite the Mavericks considerable size upgrades.

Despite their obvious talent and depending on who they're matched up against, it's hard to believe the Mavs will be nothing more than first-round fodder again.

Perhaps Carlisle knew what he was talking about when he declared his team as "soft", last week.

wunderkindepiphany
03-13-2011, 02:30 PM
I aint scurred of no Dallas no way no how.

Axe Murderer
03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Shooters don't win championships

Have you watched any Spurs games this year scroh?

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 02:43 PM

His point is exaggerated, but San Antonio--more than any other "elite" team--needs their outside shots to fall b/c they really have on other contingency plan. No low-post threats to get consistent high % shots.

Over a 7-game series the game slows to a crawl and teams will stuff the lanes on drives to the baskets.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Nuclear meltdowns in Japan give me chills. Dallas is just a basketball team.

I second that emotion.

As for the Mavs, the only team in the West that truly concerns me is the Fakers.