PDA

View Full Version : If I was Pau, I'd be pissed

TDfan2007
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
This guy spent the entire game shitting all over Bosh and the Heat, and yet in crunch time LA's offense basically turns into Kobe & Friends. Pau needs to demand the ball more. Bosh did, and in reponse his teammates actually looked for him. Pau just makes passive aggressive post-game comments and watches Kobe chuck LA out of the game time and again.

This Lakers team is STACKED. There is absolutely no reason for Kobe jacking up more than 17-20 shots a game. Bynum and Pau can score on the block against almost anyone.

If anything Kobe should park his ass in the low post/high post ala Jordan. His turnaround is very effective.

Anyway, nontroll Lakers fans I want to know your opinions on this. Should Pau be getting more shots? Are you happy with Kobe's shot selection?

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
maybe he should have gotten more shots but more importantly, maybe he shouldn't have been outrebounded by small forward Mike Miller ......... if dude crashed the boards like recently, this thread wouldn't have existed ......

Muser
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
He should be pissed that he let Bosh have a good game.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Gasol should be grateful Kobe signed off on his acquisition. Gasol didn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

HarlemHo 37
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Soft-ass pussies don't demand the ball more, they whine afterwards. Kobe went into hero mode during the made for TV circus event. This should be nothing new to Laker fans. Bynum should be getting the ball in crunch time. He's the single most dominating force in the NBA outside of Howard. Kobe needs to recognize this and get him the ball.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 02:47 PM
It's difficult to argue with Back-to-Back.

ChrisRichards
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Actually, Bynum is the one who sould be pissed. He was shooting 90% and grabbing rebounds like a motherfucker but Kobe didn't even rewarded the kid by giving him more touches. Smh.

D-Wade #3
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Actually, Bynum is the one who sould be pissed. He was shooting 90% and grabbing rebounds like a motherfucker but Kobe didn't even rewarded the kid by giving him more touches. Smh.

My nigga!

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Gasol should be grateful Kobe signed off on his acquisition. Gasol didn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

is it bad as not gettin out of teh first round?

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 03:07 PM

good point ......

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 03:08 PM

He never won a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Says the fan comming off the Suns skunk. Nothing could ever be that bad.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 03:10 PM

June '84 was much worse.

monosylab1k
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM

cobbler you still gotta manually roll yourself or have you graduated to a hoverround?

Ashy Larry
03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
June '84 was much worse.

That was a bad year ...... damn the Lakers had that series. You don't deserve when you lose a game that you're up five points and with possession of the ball and only 58 seconds on the game clock .......

elemento
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
It's not Paul's fault that his sidekick goes 8-21 from the field.

The Gemini Method
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I would be pissed. But this is definitely old hat because he'll passive-aggressively say something in the media instead of being straight-up with Kobe. I would also be pissed that Chris Bosh, once again, had a better game than I did. Finally, I'd be pissed that I couldn't get any D on the lane when Wade routinely killed the Lakers at the end of the game. Bynum, though, should have the biggest gripe since he was a main reason the game remained competitive in the end. Went from one 1st half rebound to 12 at game's end really needed to get that ball. Anyhow, the 46 pts in the paint is unexcusable, too. That's it...no more lamenting over a loss that happened nearly 24 hours ago.

Cane
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Yea Kobe has a tendency to treat his bigs as if they were just garbagemen that are only there to clean up any misses, kinda like prime A.I.'s team but Bynum and Gasol are much better than that.

I would be pissed. But this is definitely old hat because he'll passive-aggressively say something in the media instead of being straight-up with Kobe.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the team already bitched at him after the game. It'd further explain why he went on a shootaround and lifted weights after a regular season away game.

Holden_Caulfield
03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
we'll youre not so we'll never know...

crc21209
03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I wouldnt have given him the ball last night either after the shit ass D he played on Bosh....

The Gemini Method
03-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Yea Kobe has a tendency to treat his bigs as if they were just garbagemen that are only there to clean up any misses, kinda like prime A.I.'s team but Bynum and Gasol are much better than that.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the team already bitched at him after the game. It'd further explain why he went on a shootaround and lifted weights after a regular season away game.

That's what mystifies me. I mean, when you see the ball rotate to Gasol and he can do a simple bounce pass in the lane to Bynum for a layup or dunk and there are few teams that could defense that. It's just interesting, though, I think I've become immune to it.

Cry Havoc
03-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I wouldnt have given him the ball last night either after the shit ass D he played on Bosh....

Kobe shut Wade down tbh. :lol

Killakobe81
03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
This guy spent the entire game shitting all over Bosh and the Heat, and yet in crunch time LA's offense basically turns into Kobe & Friends. Pau needs to demand the ball more. Bosh did, and in reponse his teammates actually looked for him. Pau just makes passive aggressive post-game comments and watches Kobe chuck LA out of the game time and again.

This Lakers team is STACKED. There is absolutely no reason for Kobe jacking up more than 17-20 shots a game. Bynum and Pau can score on the block against almost anyone.

If anything Kobe should park his ass in the low post/high post ala Jordan. His turnaround is very effective.

Anyway, nontroll Lakers fans I want to know your opinions on this. Should Pau be getting more shots? Are you happy with Kobe's shot selection?

This. Is the only part you got right ... is shot selection. I dont care how MANY shots Kobe takes as long as they are good shots both in and out of the offense. You folks that just focus onthe NUMBER of shots are silly. SO if Kobe had 25 shots but they were mostly layups dunks and high quality mid posts shots that would be a bad thing? What about when Shaq got 50 or 60 points and took over 20 shots is that bad? You want your primary scorer to score and Kobe's does that ...well. I just want him to limit the "hero shots" over two people and the 2 feet behind the line 3 pointers ...

Killakobe81
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM

And this ...co-sign.

jjktkk
03-11-2011, 04:09 PM
That's what mystifies me. I mean, when you see the ball rotate to Gasol and he can do a simple bounce pass in the lane to Bynum for a layup or dunk and there are few teams that could defense that. It's just interesting, though, I think I've become immune to it.

Good take. Makes you wonder if Gasol is jealous of Bynum.

washingtonwizard
03-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I believe Bosh made a lot of his points off pick and rolls or turnovers. Hard to blame Gasol fully.

I think Heat defense really hurt the Lakers. When a team plays that kind of D on the Lakers, they get into trouble. Boston exposed that past couple of seasons.

The Gemini Method
03-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Good take. Makes you wonder if Gasol is jealous of Bynum.

I don't know if Gasol is the jealous type, but you could possibly make the argument that he might be resenting the current roll Andrew has been on. I personally don't think he does--he in facts relish the fact that there is someone to help him rebound. Lamar Odom might be the more likely candidate to envy Bynum's surge.

Mugen
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
meh Kobe's last couple of 3pt attempts werent that bad of a shot. The last one was open, though it was from about 28 ft, and not that bad considering the circumstances (down by 4, no timeouts).

Kobe just needs to wait a little longer before he starts going into hero mode. I dont think Pau/Bynum got any post touches in the last 3 mins or so. Inexcusable considering their talent and Miami's lack of interior D.

cobbler
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
meh Kobe's last couple of 3pt attempts werent that bad of a shot. The last one was open, though it was from about 28 ft, and not that bad considering the circumstances (down by 4, no timeouts).

Kobe just needs to wait a little longer before he starts going into hero mode. I dont think Pau/Bynum got any post touches in the last 3 mins or so. Inexcusable considering their talent and Miami's lack of interior D.

+1

If anything the corner 3 was the ill advised shot. If you watch the replay though you will find he hit that exact same shot on the previous possesion so I can see why he would take it.... but more patience in that situation would have been better. The 28 footer was a decent look and certainly within his range. It was gamble but one many coaches would take on the road with the clock and TO situation what it was. Many here are calling me an idiot for saying so but i'd rather go for it and have a legitimate chance to tie or win rather than depend on the Heat missing all thier freebies and hoping you can get several possesion down fullcourt in 15 or so seconds.

Anyway, nice post. Agreed on the bigs touches as well. For that though i blame both Bryant and the bigs. They need to stop being so passive and demand the ball and Kobe has to trust a little more.

...as for the OP...if i was Pau, Id be pissed I let Bosh use me.

Indazone
03-11-2011, 05:51 PM
If Kobe turns into a shot hogging chucker, it's up to Phil to sit his ass down for a bit. So why isn't Phil doing anything?

z0sa
03-11-2011, 05:54 PM
:lol I love how lakerfan/others write Kobe's bullshit antics off then turn around with smack.

Random fan: "He just needs to learn when to go into hero mode and when to trust his teammates"

Lakerfan: "yeah, yeah, exactly! he's never had any teammates to trust!! they don't demand the ball from him enough!"

... 5 mins later

Kobe: 5
Duncan: 4

Kobe's so much better!

:lmao pathetic

Mugen
03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
If Kobe turns into a shot hogging chucker, it's up to Phil to sit his ass down for a bit. So why isn't Phil doing anything?

Phil stopped coaching Kobe in 04, tbh.

TDfan2007
03-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Laker fans are priceless. Do any of you guys even understand what Pau means to your team? So Pau can be scrutinized for his defense, but Kobe gets a pass for doing pretty much doing nothing defensively game after game?

Fact: a post shot from Pau or Bynum is a higher percentage shot than a forced, contested long 2 by Kobe. Bynum absolutely abused Dampier on the only post up opportunity he had, then got frozen out the rest of the way.

I'll just say this, if Tim Duncan had Kobe's mindset going into this season he'd be putting up close to 20 and 10...and the Spurs would be a 5/6 seed at best.

I think killakobe said this, and I agree to an extent. If Kobe shoots a lot, but is efficient in doing so, then so be it. However, he rarely does this seeing as how his shot selection is pretty awful. The flip side of this argument is that Kobe shouldn't have to jack up a ton of shots for this LA team to win. Odom, Pau, Bynum, and even Brown on some nights, are all capable of scoring 15-20 points.

Killakobe81
03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Laker fans are priceless. Do any of you guys even understand what Pau means to your team? So Pau can be scrutinized for his defense, but Kobe gets a pass for doing pretty much doing nothing defensively game after game?

Fact: a post shot from Pau or Bynum is a higher percentage shot than a forced, contested long 2 by Kobe. Bynum absolutely abused Dampier on the only post up opportunity he had, then got frozen out the rest of the way.

I'll just say this, if Tim Duncan had Kobe's mindset going into this season he'd be putting up close to 20 and 10...and the Spurs would be a 5/6 seed at best.

I think killakobe said this, and I agree to an extent. If Kobe shoots a lot, but is efficient in doing so, then so be it. However, he rarely does this seeing as how his shot selection is pretty awful. The flip side of this argument is that Kobe shouldn't have to jack up a ton of shots for this LA team to win. Odom, Pau, Bynum, and even Brown on some nights, are all capable of scoring 15-20 points.

Kobe can be shitty on defense (at times) but in the 4th (last night) he was not ...Wades buckets for the most part came off screens ...so It's not like I dont appreciate Pau. The problem is when the game gets rough sometimes he wimps out. Kobe may miss and sometimes ... miss A LOT but he always COMPETES and that to me matters ...most.

Giuseppe
03-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4