PDA

View Full Version : Blair unhappy about not starting

PDXSpursFan
03-11-2011, 05:14 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/212074/Blair_Unhappy_About_Not_Starting

Nothing new really, just words from Ginobili's interview.

4>0rings
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Needs to learn his place and shut up.

JR3
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I hope this is not true. But if it is I got one thing to say - Love you to death but get your act together or you don't belong in SA.

jermaine
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
If Manu can come off the bench................... you fill in the rest! But dint Blair say him an TIM wasn't clashing very well at one point?

Sigz
Spurs fans unhappy Blair isn't 6'11"

JR3
I thought Dice was just starting because it was the pistons- ya think blair would have been down with that.

greyforest
03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
“We’re probably going to see how he feels, if he’s down or does not feel good about it,” Ginobili said. “One of us will probably talk (to him), but he’s been here for a while. He’s seen me going back to the bench during the playoffs. I don’t see a reason why he should take it bad.”

ManuBalboa
03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Blair is a Spur. He does not have a right to be unhappy. Spurs don't do feelings. Man up and Win DB.

JR3
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM

For realz. Is he not the smallest starting center in the history of the league?

Cane
03-11-2011, 05:21 PM
As long as it doesn't affect his play too much then its all good. On the one hand a player should feel a little bad about not starting anymore especially if they've started throughout the season. Players want to start and play especially young guys. On the other hand they also have to accept Pop's orders especially on a team that depends on execution and knowing your role.

I doubt Tony Parker was happy when George Hill and Manu started in front of him in the playoffs even though he wasn't 100%. Non-issue.

The Spurs dog house has been too empty this season anyway :downspin:

rjv
03-11-2011, 05:21 PM
pop will make sure he gets over it. and i expect it to last or at least happen from time to time as we really need to shore up our rebounding and get some better front line production.

Mugen
03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Non-issue. Give the kid a break. Just because he’s a Spur, it doesn’t mean he can’t show any emotion. I’d be bummed too if I was pulled from the starting lineup even thought they have the best record.
I for one didn’t like the move since it meant more Blair/Bonner on the floor together, but I’ll give Pop the benefit of the doubt.

Holden_Caulfield
03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
i dont believe.

JR3
03-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Sounds like Blair will get called into Tim's office if he doesn't shake it off and move on.

JR3
03-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I agree with most though that it isn't an issue. He didn't go to the media with it or anything. If this is the drama we have this season then I'll take it.

timtonymanu
03-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Meh. This is probably getting read into too much. I can understand if Blair is a little bummed. Losing a starting spot seems very discouraging for a young player. I don't think it will change his attitude though. He's no Allen Iverson.

I prefer him coming off the bench anyway. It's a better role for him.

Muser
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah you all are reading into this way too much, he's a second year player who's just been benched. He's not exactly gonna be happy. Duncan/McDyess will straighten him out.

PM5K
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I thought it was because it was Dice's 1,000th game?

Mel_13
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Horrible headline on realgm, but they're just trying to generate hits. It was based on a Monroe article that speculated about how DB might feel about the change. That article was based on Manu's interview at yesterday's practice. The article took a few Manu quotes out of sequence and made a column. It's really a non-story.

Anyone interested in what Manu had to say exactly as he said it:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/110310_ginobili.html

timtonymanu
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Horrible headline on realgm, but they're just trying to generate hits. It was based on a Monroe article that speculated about how DB might feel about the change. That article was based on Manu's interview at yesterday's practice. The article took a few Manu quotes out of sequence and made a column. It's really a non-story.

:tu

I remember listening to that and reading this article and thinking, "Wait a minute. Manu didn't make it sound like that."

realgm just didn't have better news to report so they made up one. If Blair give McDyess a hug during the intros, I doubt he took it personally.

jjktkk
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Not suprising. If Blairs really pissed, he will take it out on the next opponent.

angelbelow
03-11-2011, 05:48 PM
You guys should read the article before posting. No where in that title does Blair actually claim to be unhappy. Theyre just quoting Manu saying that it must suck for Blair but hes a professional and should be fine.

UnWantedTheory
03-11-2011, 06:00 PM
You guys should read the article before posting. No where in that title does Blair actually claim to be unhappy. Theyre just quoting Manu saying that it must suck for Blair but hes a professional and should be fine.

gospursgojas
03-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Que ESPN artlicle claiming 'turmoil in sa; title hopes hindge on whether or not Pop can control erupting Spurs lockeroom'

jag
03-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't think anyone cares about his happiness. He needs to learn how to play defense.

TDomination
03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
horrible headline on realgm, but they're just trying to generate hits. It was based on a monroe article that speculated about how db might feel about the change. That article was based on manu's interview at yesterday's practice. The article took a few manu quotes out of sequence and made a column. It's really a non-story.

Anyone interested in what manu had to say exactly as he said it:

this

you guys should read the article before posting. No where in that title does blair actually claim to be unhappy. Theyre just quoting manu saying that it must suck for blair but hes a professional and should be fine.

and this!!

spurs1990
03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
All ya'll quick to single out Blair somehow ignore the subpar efforts of Ginobili and Duncan.

What does Blair make, like 800k a year or something.

greyforest
03-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Que ESPN artlicle claiming 'turmoil in sa; title hopes hindge on whether or not Pop can control erupting Spurs lockeroom'

pffahhaah like ESPN would write about the Spurs:lol

greyforest
03-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Well they did say DJB didn't want to speak to media after the game, but that's not necessarily indicative of unhappiness.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2011, 07:00 PM
So Blair isn't unhappy about not starting.

TDfan2007
03-11-2011, 07:17 PM

:tu

YODA
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Some quick thoughts. Ive noticed for long time that Blairs minutes have been low.

Does anyone know that Blair only averages .2 minutes more per game then Bonner?

Blair =22 min per game
bonner=21.8 min per game

Its my opinion that Pop is saving Dice for the playoffs. Now woulds eem like the correct time to get promote Dice for the playoffs.

Dice currently only plays 17.9 min per game, far off the 22 that Balir plays. With the season winding down, I can see a large dose of Dice to get ready for playoffs. Thoughts?

Cessation
03-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Its about time he got benched.

ohmwrecker
03-11-2011, 07:44 PM
So Blair isn't unhappy about not starting.

Irresponsible journalism tbh.

DesignatedT
03-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Lmao nowhere does this have actual evidence that this is true. Manu never said blair was upset. Just because he didn't want to talk to reporters makes him upset? Lol

outmap
03-11-2011, 07:57 PM
For realz. Is he not the smallest starting center in the history of the league?

He and Chuck Hayes, but Blair has a longer wingspan (4" advantage).

crc21209
03-11-2011, 07:59 PM

This.

alchemist
03-11-2011, 08:25 PM
turrible headline

Obstructed_View
03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Some quick thoughts. Ive noticed for long time that Blairs minutes have been low.

Blair =22 min per game
bonner=21.8 min per game

Its my opinion that Pop is saving Dice for the playoffs. Now woulds eem like the correct time to get promote Dice for the playoffs.

Dice currently only plays 17.9 min per game, far off the 22 that Balir plays. With the season winding down, I can see a large dose of Dice to get ready for playoffs. Thoughts?

Actually, the minutes indicate just as much that Pop is saving Bonner for the playoffs.

Das Texan
03-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Good. Will probably make him even hungrier to kick ass.

YODA
03-12-2011, 12:19 AM

Blair =22 min per game
bonner=21.8 min per game

Interesting enough, even though dice started, he got his avg min at 17, while Blair got 22.27, (27 seconds more then avg. Lastly, Bonner got 26.01 min , which was 4 min more then mormal.

Even with the change in the starting lineup, minutes are basically the same.

ducks
03-12-2011, 12:30 AM
blair rebounds better so with booner out there blair can beast on rebounding

Man In Black
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
“I just bring energy off the bench now,” he said after scoring 14 points and grabbing six rebounds in 22:23. “That’s the only thing. Just come in here and be the same person. I’m just not starting no more.”

Blair didn’t need any words of encouragement from his veteran teammates to accept the change.

“I did it enough last year to know what it is,” he said. “Hopefully, I can be that spark that they need off the bench.”

Chase_the_Bass
03-12-2011, 04:22 PM

Ha!

bigdog
03-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Manu's comments were taken out of context. It doesn't say that Blair is unhappy. Stupid.

JustinJDW
03-13-2011, 09:11 AM
This is the time of the year when McDyess kicks it into full gear and enters "knocks down every single mid-range jumper" mode. This guy knows how to play when its time to play. Blair will be fine. Besides, he's more suited for the bench anyway, which his energetic and hustling style of play.

Canibspur
03-13-2011, 07:58 PM
The real issue here is that the Spurs have not been playing better overall since Dice was swapped into the starting lineup. Sure, he has been playing better than expected I think, but one player's statline is not more important than the good of the team. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I hope they figure it out soon because historically the Spurs have kicked it in another gear during the stretch run to the playoffs. Now they're struggling to beat the Pistons and Kings at home? And the Rockets in H-town. At least thats supposed to be a rivalry game and you can usually throw out the records of both teams in those kind of matchups.

I'm not sure how much IF ANY, of this has to do with tweaking the line-up/rotation but it's worth mentioning if we don't bring it in Miami tomorrow.

dbestpro
03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
The real issue here is that the Spurs have not been playing better overall since Dice was swapped into the starting lineup.

I disagree. I see the Spurs starting much better and I like Blair matching up agianst second string players later in the game. Over the three games the Spurs have averaged over 32 points in the first quarter and 111 points per game.

itzsoweezee
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Learn to defend, learn to box out, learn at least one post move and you will get your wish, untill then like I have said all year he needs to come off the bench and Splitter needs to start.

Now that's just retarded. I'm not a fan of giving Splitter a bunch of DNPs, but he clearly hasn't done anything to suggest he deserves to start.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 05:27 AM
I disagree. I see the Spurs starting much better and I like Blair matching up agianst second string players later in the game. Over the three games the Spurs have averaged over 32 points in the first quarter and 111 points per game.

Unfortunately the games are four quarters. Starting off strong is nice, but letting bad teams back into the game because you can't secure a defensive rebound or defend is a problem.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-14-2011, 07:34 AM
The real issue here is that the Spurs have not been playing better overall since Dice was swapped into the starting lineup. Sure, he has been playing better than expected I think, but one player's statline is not more important than the good of the team. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I hope they figure it out soon because historically the Spurs have kicked it in another gear during the stretch run to the playoffs. Now they're struggling to beat the Pistons and Kings at home? And the Rockets in H-town. At least thats supposed to be a rivalry game and you can usually throw out the records of both teams in those kind of matchups.

I'm not sure how much IF ANY, of this has to do with tweaking the line-up/rotation but it's worth mentioning if we don't bring it in Miami tomorrow.

yea but dice is not someone that will hurt this team in the post season. he plays great D on matchup nightmares & grabs/avrg's way more than bonners 2 rebounds a game... if we want the spurs to start playing better and to win a championship this year well...

you better hope the red head t-rex gets hurt because pop has convinced himself that 30yr old matt bonner is an Elite center that needs to play NEAR 30 minutes a F'in game !!!! me saying this should scare the shit out of other spurs fans!!!in fact pops love is so strong 4 that tard i already gave up on playing this year but now blair will be suffering because of it.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-14-2011, 07:38 AM
:madrun:shootme

this is what ill be doing VV

:worthy:

elbamba
03-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Its not like Manu ever liked coming off the bench. He said as much several times over the years. Blair didn't even say it, another player did.

Blair wants to play, nothing wrong with that.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
If Blair were happy about not starting, I'd want him traded away.

Nothing to see here. Please let this thread die.