PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed that Tiago ...

Calispursfan11
03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
tends to go flying when bumped by just about anyone small forward size and up? It's like he's made of paper. One thing's for sure - he is great at hitting the floor in what appears to be the most painful looking ways. This is pretty entertaining overall (I especially loved the breakaway butt dunk).

I give him credit though, for not complaining about lack of floor time like Blair. He has gone from star status in Europe to barely 5 mins per game this year. He looks a little depressed and has clearly lost confidence, however, he isn't moaning and crying about it.

Tough kid!

Libri
03-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Blair wasn't complaining. Manu's comments were taken out of context.

lefty
03-12-2011, 12:05 AM
He is a bad flopper :lol

Calispursfan11
03-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Also, I have to give Tiago credit for even getting that flat - is it a hook shot off? Hard to tell, but I think it's a post move of some kind. It's like the post move equivalent of Shawn Marion's jumper, only less effective. But again, he gets it off somehow, whether it clanks or not. Impressive.

silverblk mystix
03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Why does any of this matter?

Tiago will not play this season..Pop mentioned that he will do everything to get Tiago some minutes and then nailed him to the fuckin' bench...

Whatever success the spurs have this year in the playoffs will be without Tiago.

Calispursfan11
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
I guess it matters because I was so excited for him to be the next Gasol, but unfortunately, he doesn't seem like he will be ultimately be much better than Rasho Nesterovic.

silverblk mystix
03-12-2011, 12:31 AM
I guess it matters because I was so excited for him to be the next Gasol, but unfortunately, he doesn't seem like he will be ultimately be much better than Rasho Nesterovic.

How can he get better if he can't sniff the court?

And if he were to get minutes....whose minutes would he take?

senorglory
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Pop mentioned that he will do everything to get Tiago some minutes and then nailed him to the fuckin' bench...

Whatever success the spurs have this year in the playoffs will be without Tiago.

Pop is a liar. <-- My new theory.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2011, 01:19 AM
He's Gregg Popovich.

senorglory
03-12-2011, 01:21 AM
He's Gregg Popovich.

hahaha. Nice.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2011, 01:22 AM
BTW, did Tiago do all this in pre-game warmups or something?

Holden_Caulfield
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
i dont think anyone noticed at all.

Obstructed_View
03-12-2011, 03:41 AM
i dont think anyone noticed at all.

Not unless they were watching the bench. I'm not sure how a guy who doesn't get any PT is so heavily critiqued. He must be really bad in practice.

admiralsnackbar
03-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Why does any of this matter?

Tiago will not play this season..Pop mentioned that he will do everything to get Tiago some minutes and then nailed him to the fuckin' bench...

I have a feeling we'll see him get minutes in the upcoming Dallas game. As if my Criswell intuitions are worth a shit :lol

Warlord23
03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Scola should get some PT vs Houston, given the back to back scenario. If he does, he really needs to step up. They're rotating Chuck Hayes and Brad Miller at center, and Scola is out - he won't get a better opportunity to impress Pop.

Calispursfan11
03-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Don't get me wrong - I like tiago and would like to see him improve. Unless pops system is so complicated he hasn't grasped it, I would think it has something to do with his abilities. I hope not, but I would have expected him to be starting and averaging close to a double double by now . There must be something else going on - the argument that he lacks talent doesn't seem too credible given his past accolades, however and the 3 million salary he is making. BTw, Gary Neal makes barely over 500k... Bargain!

Leonard Curse
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
cali spurs fan
well honestly did you see bonners play last night? he was utter shit yet no one complains about this... the reason i bring it up is because it directly affects tiagos PT and no dude believe me if we were given at least freakin 10 minutes a game it would help out dramatically.

however pop is just stubborn sometimes if you think its something tiago's doing just think back when pop benched manu for 2 damn years .

when he was more than capable of taking over a game. well at least for 10 minutes but no pop thinks you have to bench plyrs a whole 2 years wait for them to age and get hurt then they break rotation.

i personally think pop is a piece of shit for disrespecting splitter like that. &jeopardizing the little talent well have left after duncan. these are real concerns,im very shocked he hasnt asked to leave. oh but dont worry spurs fans we still have 30yr old bonner the future.

Leonard Curse
03-12-2011, 12:06 PM
when i say bench i meant how we had manu since 1999 pop knew what manu could do he was amazing way before us americans realized it, but he was no steve smith it pops eyes so i guess you can just say history repeats it self we didnt actually sign manu tell three/2yrs later and the fans if you remember even back then supported manu and wanted him to play more.

Leonard Curse
03-12-2011, 12:23 PM
sorry for the error

Calispursfan11
03-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I like Tiago over Blair at the C spot even if Tiago is much worse than we hoped. I get concerned everytime I see Blair go up for a double pump driving layup or shot around the rim and get rejected like an eight year old by any guy 6-10 and taller regardless of the blocker's skill level.

Juggity
03-12-2011, 07:20 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9121/tiagogoofydunk.gif

Calispursfan11
03-12-2011, 07:21 PM
LOL, great GIF Juggity!

Cessation
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
lol splinter dunk
lol being behind bonner in the rotation

moisaenz
03-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Splitter gets no minutes!!!!!

ChuckD
03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
lol splinter dunk
lol being behind bonner in the rotation

lol being behind NOVAK in the rotation. White Longball Jesus got 3:20 tonight.

Cessation
03-13-2011, 12:12 AM
"Splinter minutes" thread!!

jjktkk
03-13-2011, 04:02 AM
Rasho in Euroleague >>>>>>>>>>> Splitter in Euroleague.

Splitter is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anyGreek player.

Calispursfan11
03-13-2011, 09:54 AM
I liked Rasho. I remember when they gave him minutes, he had games of 15 pts and 10 boards and 2 blks more than a few times. He was beast.

Better yet, I recall Barkley once saying "that kid can play"! LOL.

Budkin
03-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Hopefully we can lock down HCA so Splitter can get some major minutes before the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Hopefully we can lock down HCA so Splitter can get some major minutes before the playoffs.

Uh, no. He's now behind Novak. While there may be zero justification for it, that's the reality. If he's ever in the rotation for this team, it ain't gonna be this year.

Chomag
03-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Uh, no. He's now behind Novak. While there may be zero justification for it, that's the reality. If he's ever in the rotation for this team, it ain't gonna be this year.

Splitter being behind Novak is just insulting. I honestly wonder how Splitter feels about that.

wunderkindepiphany
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
yeah he flops quite a bit but so does manu and we all love that shit, so its cool. thing is, Splitter doesnt play the 3.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Splitter being behind Novak is just insulting. I honestly wonder how Splitter feels about that.

Probably the same as Oberto felt his rookie year.

Budkin
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM

That's just pathetic.