PDA

View Full Version : Drexler is one of the damnest broadcaster

manu the best
03-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Drexler is one the damnest broadcasters I've ever heard .. Fucking so stupid ..

Doctor J
03-12-2011, 09:40 PM
'The Earth revolves around the Rockets.' - Clyde Drexler

ShoogarBear
03-12-2011, 09:40 PM
First time listening to a Rockheads broadcast? :lol

itzsoweezee
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Drexler is one the damnest broadcasters I've ever heard

I've no idea what that means. However, I'd much rather listen to Drexler than the those two other hicks that sometimes cover the Rockets broadcasts. Those guys don't even like basketball.

widowmaker
03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Ive been talking shit back like if he can hear me lmao!

lefty
03-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Clyde should thank the Rockets' front office for his only title

SenorSpur
03-12-2011, 10:34 PM
No shit.

I know he works for the Rockets broadcast team, so one would expect him to be a homer. However, mix in a lili' objectivity. Not every call that goes against the Rockets is a bad call and not every call that goes in favor of the Rockets, a good call.

The guy is just annoying. He makes me long for Calvin Murphy.

Strike
03-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Actually he should first thank the Trail Blazer front office for agreeing to his request to be traded.

Spurminator
03-12-2011, 10:41 PM
The color guy is always a homer. Drexler's no worse than Elliott.

It's the play-by-plsy guy who's supposed to have a semblance of objectivity, and Bill Worrell is one of the absolute worst when it comes to that.

Marcus Bryant
03-12-2011, 10:52 PM
They suck hard. At least the Spurs have won something this century.

AussieFanKurt
03-12-2011, 10:52 PM
first time listening, apparently Houston can't commit fouls and every possession they don't score is a foul on SAS

Marcus Bryant
03-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Thankfully Calvin the Drum Major is no longer on the air.

tdunk21
03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
who was the other announcer with clyde.....both were whining about the calls like little girls...

Marcus Bryant
03-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Bill Worrell, the man who singlehandedly keeps Consort in business.

jag
03-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Drexler is annoying but if I were a fan of another team I'd hate listening to Elliott.

Spurologist
03-12-2011, 11:08 PM
searching for the word 'damnest' in the dictionary :reading

jeebus
03-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Who was the dude with the seagull laugh? I wanted to cut off his head and throw it at his wife and kids.

Reck
03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Are they worse then the Hawk?

Ken Harrelson that is.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
"Damnest" is not a word, and "damndest" does make sense when used the way it has been used in that sentence.

/EnglishNazi

Still, Drexler is a fucktarded homer. He was giving Lesley Alexander a verbal rim-job during the first half.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Who was the dude with the seagull laugh? I wanted to cut off his head and throw it at his wife and kids.

Rockets' owner, Lesley Alexander.

Yup, he sounded like a cackling grandmother.

baseline bum
03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
The guy is just annoying. He makes me long for Calvin Murphy.

No way. He can't be that bad. I remember when Murphy would start ignoring the game and talking about Hakeem and 95 every single time that team went down 20.

Cessation
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah, drexler and the other guy, shamelesly took turns sucking off leslie alexander, while on air. It was disgusting, I think this might be second worse announcing job of the season.

JR3
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
For realz. took me all of 12 seconds to mute him.

DJ Mbenga
03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
he cannot be worse than sean you know who. only the blazers guys and heinson can challege their crapness

jeebus
03-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Rockets' owner, Lesley Alexander.

Yup, he sounded like a cackling grandmother.
Yeah I muted his ass ASAP and took out the radio. I'll bet rocket fans love him

spurs1990
03-13-2011, 12:17 AM
he cannot be worse than sean you know who. only the blazers guys and heinson can challege their crapness

Is that Angeline Jolie in your sig? Just looks like a really hotter version of her for some reason.

mystargtr34
03-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I dont like to shit on other announcers since listening to Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ and Land would be pretty fucking horrible for the opposition fan... but these Rockets guys are really shit.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2011, 12:35 AM
So I assume the OP means "dumbest" and got mixed up with words that start with D and have silent consonants?

Ironical.

Cessation
03-13-2011, 12:42 AM
lol celine dion also uses the word "ironical"

HarlemHo 37
03-13-2011, 01:22 AM
:lol Another Spurs/Rockets game.... Another Clyde Drexler thread tbh, nothing to see hear. IMO, you have a mute button, use it.

DJ Mbenga
03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
Is that Angeline Jolie in your sig? Just looks like a really hotter version of her for some reason.

not even close. but then again i dont know what pic you are referring to but not even close to being her.

Vic Petro
03-13-2011, 02:27 AM

It's the play-by-plsy guy who's supposed to have a semblance of objectivity, and Bill Worrell is one of the absolute worst when it comes to that.

The Truth #6
03-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Ninja did work for TNT for a while so I think he has a higher ceiling than most of the other homers. But he is a natural. His only issue is his bias, otherwise he's a solid announcer. Most other local announcers are biased AND suck.

Obstructed_View
03-13-2011, 06:36 AM
lol celine dion also uses the word "ironical"

She must have seen Good Will Hunting.

lol at you knowing what Celine Dion does.

ShoogarBear
03-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Ninja did work for TNT for a while so I think he has a higher ceiling than most of the other homers. But he is a natural. His only issue is his bias, otherwise he's a solid announcer. Most other local announcers are biased AND suck.

Elliott was actually with ESPN, and was pretty good when he was. Since he's become the Spurs' color guy, though, the problem is not just that he's become such a homer, it's that he's also become incredibly lazy. He obviously doesn't prepare for the other team and just relies on whatever outdated information he happens to have plus his natural glibness.

He's got no incentive to get better, though, because Spur Fan eats up whatever he has to say. He's definitely on the track to Heinsohndom.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-13-2011, 09:57 AM

Whoa there. Let's not make this racial. The Mavs guys are total homers and they're white. I'm sure there are others. Come on, we need to be bigger than that. It's 2011.

Marcus Bryant
03-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Whoa there. Let's not make this racial. The Mavs guys are total homers and they're white. I'm sure there are others. Come on, we need to be bigger than that. It's 2011.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HOJL0EreRu8/0.jpg

HIYO!

cornbread
03-13-2011, 12:29 PM
A few gems from the Rockets broadcast team:

"The Rockets did everything they could to win, but when you're playing against the Spurs, you know all of the calls will go their way."

"It looks like the Spurs are going to win this one thanks to a few dubious calls from the refs."

I could tell Clyde and the other guy were in a whiny mood early in the game. I had no idea just how bad it was going to get.

MannyIsGod
03-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah, it was one of the worst broadcast teams I've had to endure with league pass.

spurs1990
03-13-2011, 02:44 PM
not even close. but then again i dont know what pic you are referring to but not even close to being her.

This one:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/12/christina3.jpg

I mean she's a dead ringer save for looking younger.

The Truth #6
03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Elliott was actually with ESPN, and was pretty good when he was. Since he's become the Spurs' color guy, though, the problem is not just that he's become such a homer, it's that he's also become incredibly lazy. He obviously doesn't prepare for the other team and just relies on whatever outdated information he happens to have plus his natural glibness.

He's got no incentive to get better, though, because Spur Fan eats up whatever he has to say. He's definitely on the track to Heinsohndom.

I see your point. I agree with that. He does take the easy way. He could be very good but he would have to call games other than the Spurs, and obviously that's not really in the cards.

Beaverfuzz
03-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Actually he should first thank the Trail Blazer front office for agreeing to his request to be traded.

Or thank Uncle Cliffy for having hands of stone in Los Angeles in 1991. That was Portland's year, the Detroit and Chicago series were not Portland's best team (besides the 76-77 world champs).

DJ Mbenga
03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
This one:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/12/christina3.jpg

I mean she's a dead ringer save for looking younger.

thats christina hendricks. she's on a popluar little show called mad men

Kindergarten Cop
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Drexler is annoying but if I were a fan of another team I'd hate listening to Elliott.

I was thinking this the whole time watching last night's game. Do fans of other teams feel this way when listening to Sean Elliott? Surely he's not THAT bad, is he? :lol

Obstructed_View
03-13-2011, 07:52 PM
How the fuck does anyone mistake Christina Hendricks for Angelina Jolie and still be able to read posts? :lol

my2sons
03-13-2011, 10:15 PM

yes he is...Sean uses sarcasm which many of these folks take as fact, but Sean is very tongue in cheek, comments like we'll take it, i didn't see anything etc...

spurs1990
03-14-2011, 12:09 AM
How the fuck does anyone mistake Christina Hendricks for Angelina Jolie and still be able to read posts? :lol

It is the year of our lord two-thousand eleven and I had never heard of this woman until seeing DJ's sig.

She's got to be the hottest age 35+ woman in America.

Jesus Christ almighty...google images for the win.

admiralsnackbar
03-14-2011, 12:13 AM
At least Drexler played in the NBA. The two clowns who do Celtics games don't even seem to understand the game... dudes are turrrrible.

howbouthemspurs
03-14-2011, 02:08 AM
he is pretty stupid.I thought his commentary was extremely hard to hear so I put it on mute

spurs1990
03-14-2011, 02:20 AM
he is pretty stupid.I thought his commentary was extremely hard to hear so I put it on mute

Dude your WWII gif is off the charts. Lulz love it lmao.

howbouthemspurs
03-14-2011, 02:33 AM
thanks.. I thought it was pretty awesome when i saw it the first time

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 05:35 AM
At least Drexler played in the NBA. The two clowns who do Celtics games don't even seem to understand the game... dudes are turrrrible.

Tommy Heinsohn (10 time NBA champion) and Cedric Maxwell (NBA Finals MVP)? You might want to run their names through Google.

temujin
03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Drexler is the second worst, behind Heinhson (By the way, he is the living proof that you can win big and be stupid at the same time).
He is less tedious than Heinhson, as he looks like he is drunk all the times.

Best, by far, I heard this year is Mike Fratello (NJN).
Not that I doubted it.

johnnySpurs
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
My fiance who doesn't even like or understand basketball asked me why that one guy seemed so biased against the Spurs. I explained that he was a broadcaster for the other team and she said he's just annoying.

Drexler was one of my favorite players as a player, but as an announcer he's just behind Heinhson in the annoying homer announcer category.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-14-2011, 10:42 AM
My fiance who doesn't even like or understand basketball asked me why that one guy seemed so biased against the Spurs. I explained that he was a broadcaster for the other team and she said he's just annoying.

Drexler was one of my favorite players as a player, but as an announcer he's just behind Heinhson in the annoying homer announcer category.

Drexler is soooo bad that instead of making a joke about your fiance being a man, I'm having to just agree with you.

I was flabbergasted that even when the slowmo replay confirmed the refs' calls, that he was still saying the Spurs were flopping or "where's the contact?". Even Elliott will give in a little and say, "well, maybe".

Fireball
03-14-2011, 11:06 AM
In noticed one thing about the announcers ... the more success their team had in the past (esp. won a championship), the more annoying they are and they deserve it a little bit. Last home against the Kings I tried to listen to Land/Elliott from a neutral perspective and it was as horrible as Drexler is a homer with the Rockets.

I wish the Clippers more success and hope their great announcing team does not evolve into these kind of extreme homers. I also like the Knicks announcers and it even if it pains me to say - yes - the Lakers announcers are less homers than the Spurs.

So, according to my theory above, the Hornets announcers are the most terrible - just remember our last blowout loss in NO. These guys have never won anything, show no respect at all to the visiting teams and cheer every good action of the Hornets as if they just won the championship. I cannot stand to lose to the Hornets ever again ...

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
There's at least one team that's really good, that makes the game enjoyable with no bias. Is it Memphis or maybe Portland?

Reck
03-14-2011, 01:59 PM
There's at least one team that's really good, that makes the game enjoyable with no bias. Is it Memphis or maybe Portland?

Clyde Frazier and his partner seen to be none bias and even call his team out on various ocassions.

Talking about the Knicks here.

I watch quite a few Knicks game myself and the times I do they seen to call a good game, not favoring one or the other. Save for when the Knicks win obviously.

admiralsnackbar
03-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Tommy Heinsohn (10 time NBA champion) and Cedric Maxwell (NBA Finals MVP)? You might want to run their names through Google.
I'll take your word for it (even though knowing Heinsohn was a baller only makes the inaccuracy of his and Gorman's coverage more absurd).

Anyway, touché all the same. I'm gonna eat some worms. :depressed

wontstartdumbthreads
03-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Clyde Frazier and his partner seen to be none bias and even call his team out on various ocassions.

Talking about the Knicks here.

I watch quite a few Knicks game myself and the times I do they seen to call a good game, not favoring one or the other. Save for when the Knicks win obviously.

I agree. Knicks team does a great job. Love Frazier's voice also.
Another poster mentioned it earlier but Clippers team is very good and unbiased. At least when the play the Spurs.

Fireball
03-14-2011, 03:37 PM

Sadly, Tommy Heinsohn thinks he was 10 time referee of the year :lol

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Sadly, Tommy Heinsohn thinks he was 10 time referee of the year :lol

Yeah, and he's a blithering idiot. I think someone mentioned that he's a drunk, and I've suspected that for a while. Fact is, if you ever wonder why a blithering idiot is working in sportscasting, chances are he's an ex-jock. The more successful the more idiocy they seem to tolerate.

FkLA
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Elliott and Land are sacrastic homers tbh, they'll give hints that the Spurs got away with a non-call or that they were handed a call...by calling it a great call and laughing or saying something along the lines of Im not complaining. I think thats tolerable as long as you pick up on the sarcasm. I dont have League Pass but the way you guys are describing these other announcers, they dont seem to be that way which would be pretty intolerable imo.

temujin
03-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Yeah, and he's a blithering idiot. I think someone mentioned that he's a drunk, and I've suspected that for a while. Fact is, if you ever wonder why a blithering idiot is working in sportscasting, chances are he's an ex-jock. The more successful the more idiocy they seem to tolerate.

I watched a few Rockets game and in one game (can't remember which one, could be a Dallas game), the other guy heavily alluded to the fact that Drexler is drinking.
The guy is probably broke and needs to pay energy bills.

temujin
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Outstanding: NJN (Fratello knows basketball and you actually LEARN by listening).
Very good: Clippers, Kings, Knicks, Golden State.

Terrible: Boston, Houson, NOLA, in that order.

The rest is average, including SA.