PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers are locking down a great Mavs team, and here we have the Spurs

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:03 PM
giving up 107 points to the injured all over the place Rockets. Yeah, Drive for 5 is wrecked, towed away, and rusting in the junkyard.

However, I'm not going to begrudge the Spurs. This is the greatest coaching job of Pop's career, while also proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Spurs front office is the absolute best at scouting and developing talent, and knowing how to best integrate that talent. Sure, Splitter didn't provide the impact we were all hoping for, but hey, there's always next year.

This ride has been fun. According to some dumbasses who know jackshit about basketball, the Spurs were supposed to win 45 games this year, so in my mind, it's all gravy. And maybe if they get a few lucky breaks, who knows.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:04 PM
This ride has been fun.

Midge, gettin' his Suns on.

tee, hee.

boutons_deux
03-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Gfy

Bill_Brasky
03-12-2011, 11:05 PM
My sentiments exactly. Not playing D is not gonna fly in the playoffs.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Midge, gettin' his Suns on.

tee, hee.

It's all good. I win either way. Put 300 on the Lakers at 2 to 1. They win, I got some change to play around with. They lose, I have the satisfaction of the most disgusting franchise in pro sports losing.

Ain't gonna shed no trail of tears if you guys ring, which I know you were counting on.

How do you like them apples?

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
muhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
It's all good. I win either way. Put 300 on the Lakers at 2 to 1. They when, I got some change to play around with. They lose, I have the satisfaction of the most disgusting franchise in pro sports losing.

Ain't gonna shed no trail of tears if you guys ring, which I know you were counting on.

How do you like them apples?

You're covered win or lose. It's cowardly, but, nobody could stop ya with silver bullets & a wooden stake.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Spurs will be fine IMO..

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
muhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I win, I'll send you a 5 spot to buy some cream that Katiegirl can use during your weekly massages.

Only stipulation is that it has to be apple scented.

har, har, har.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I use Johnson's Baby Oil exclusively.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Spurs will be fine IMO..

Well, fine as in getting to the WCF. But the Spurs can't matchup with the Lakers frontline. Duncan has shitted the bed every time he's played 'em this year.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
I use Johnson's Baby Oil exclusively.

I'll send you a fiver should I win. Promise. And I won't make a sideshow out of it like your boy is doing. The second you ring, Abe Lincoln is on his way.

How 'bout that?

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Well, fine as in getting to the WCF. But the Spurs can't matchup with the Lakers frontline. Duncan has shitted the bed every time he's played 'em this year.

Mid, what the Hell has gotten into you. You're acting all sensible and grounded.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM

I'm fairly confident that Bynum won't be a 100% in May, at least based on past history..I'd still bet on the Lakers to win the series, but it'll be close IMO..

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Mid, what the Hell has gotten into you. You're acting all sensible and grounded.

I never frontrun the Spurs. It's my religion. You will find no posts of me declaring them a future champ'een anywhere on the Internet. Like you, I'm a pessimist.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I never frontrun the Spurs. It's my religion. You will find no posts of me declaring them a future champ'een anywhere on the Internet. Like you, I'm a pessimist.

:rolleyes

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm fairly confident that Bynum won't be a 100% in May, at least based on past history.

Har, gettin' his Spurs cap on tonite. You shit, you.

Cessation
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Spurs playing to scrub teams level all season.

Beau
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
I concur.

My expectations were a 50-win team, the Spurs' ceiling being the WCF. Them coming out the gates the way they did, Pop limiting minutes while playing at a faster pace to utilize the talent of the team... the Spurs actually being healthy and keeping their starting 5 intact the way they did... shit's just fell into place in a way one never could have expected.

This has definitely been one of the most enjoyable years in my time as a Spurs fan (20+ years), I'm just enjoying the ride - and this fucking team might just pull the shit off.

Didn't expect that coming into the year, and the only real significant difference is health and Neal - Anderson's been hurt and Splitter hasn't been given the time.

I like dem apples.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes

What's with that?

I never see you frontrun and predict a ring. You were paranoid about losing to the Suns last year. I'm the same. I expect disaster, every post-seasson.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
What's with that?

I never see you frontrun and predict a ring. You were paranoid about losing to the Suns last year. I'm the same. I expect disaster, every post-seasson.

That means you're just trying to be like me. I'm Marcia Brady and you're Jan, and Kool is the big man on campus. And you're trying to be like me/Marcia.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:42 PM
That means you're just trying to be like me. I'm Marcia Brady and you're Jan, and Kool is the big man on campus. And you're trying to be like me/Marcia.

No way. After Hakeem stole Robinson's lunch, I learned to never take anything for granted.

lil'mo
03-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Lol this reminds me of the time midnightmidgetpulp got the shit trolled out of him in that one thread. What a loser :lol

Killakobe81
03-12-2011, 11:46 PM
All bullshit aside. This has been the best coaching job by Pop he changed styles, found RJ's game, managed minutes and has pushed all the right buttons.

As for the defense it IS concerning. But I will say this what do the Spurs really have to play for? They probaly Knew the Mavs were losing tonight ... Division and HCA practically wrapped up.

If they dont ratchet up the defense in the first (and possibly) 2nd round THEN I would be REALLY concerned ...

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol this reminds me of the time midnightmidgetpulp got the shit trolled out of him in that one thread. What a loser :lol

Which thread was that thispedo?

Spur_Fanatic
03-12-2011, 11:47 PM
I placed 1400 on the Lakers, at the beggining of the season. It pays 3.8/1.
I also placed 600 on the Spurs, that back then payed 7.1/1 (payed 3.9 on january end too, dunno how much now).

If the Spurs win it all, I'll get a li'l more than 4k. If the Lakers win it, I'll win +5k.

So, basically, I'm betting on the Western Conf (my GF has 300 on the Mavs at 4.5).

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:50 PM
All bullshit aside. This has been the best coaching job by Pop he changed styles, found RJ's game, managed minutes and has pushed all the right buttons.

As for the defense it IS concerning. But I will say this what do the Spurs really have to play for? They probaly Knew the Mavs were losing tonight ... Division and HCA practically wrapped up.

If they dont ratchet up the defense in the first (and possibly) 2nd round THEN I would be REALLY concerned ...

It's not a matter of effort, like say the Lakers in the first half of the season. The Spurs simply don't have the paint presence anymore to keep opponents off the o-glass and protect the perimeter defenders, who are somewhat undersized by their past standards.

Their defense is by no means SSoL Phoenix Sun's level, like some idiots like to claim, but it's not championship level, nor has the potential to be.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:53 PM
It's not a matter of effort, like say the Lakers in the first half of the season. The Spurs simply don't have the paint presence anymore to keep opponents off the o-glass and protect the perimeter defenders, who are somewhat undersized by their past standards.

Their defense is by no means SSoL Phoenix Sun's level, like some idiots like to claim, but it's not championship level, nor has the potential to be.

:wow

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
:wow

What's the matter with you?

DJ Mbenga
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
wtf this isnt a troll thread from midnight. this is like an eclipse

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:55 PM
What's the matter with you?

I think you're have a nervous breakdown, or, a religious conversion.

I'm worried about you.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:57 PM
wtf this isnt a troll thread from midnight. this is like an eclipse

I don't start troll threads anymore. I only go after specific dumbasses, be it Spurfan (koriwhat) or Lakerfan (history2b, Kool, etc). See my sig.

My "Lakerhating" was getting stale. Needed to change things up. Keep it fresh, like your sig.

ManuBalboa
03-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I've only seen maybe three or four games this entire year where they showed they have it in them to be championship caliber this year.

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 12:13 AM
The Spurs are on cruise control right now and still closing out games. Winning . . . duh. They are playing shut down D in 4th quarters and controlling the pace of most games. You can see the framework of playoff basketball in glimpses. The switch will get flipped. They will have some games where they lose focus and Pop will white flag it, but they will come back huge in the followng game. It's going to be a fun post season.

Beau
03-13-2011, 12:14 AM
The Spurs are a very good defensive team, they're not the elite defensive team they've been in the past. Their offense is much more explosive and versatile, they can get points from a lot of different sources in a lot of different ways, but they don't have the consistent dominant force in Duncan offensively that will sustain you regardless.

They could win it all, but it'd take even more good fortune than a championship team usually has to have. As a Spurs fan, it's just uncharted territory.

They're more balanced than dominant, still very good defensively, but nowhere near where we're accustomed. The Spurs' gains in offense have to offset their losses in defense, which seems like an impossibility - but that's only because it's uncharted territory; Phoenix Suns they ain't.

But I still find it hard to believe this team can get it done without Splitter and Anderson contributing to their playoff rotation. They're the only two players on the team that had the potential of filling the Spurs needs in the frontcourt and on the wing...

Blackjack
03-13-2011, 12:27 AM
The Spurs have Jobu on their side this year. They got this.

Sean Cagney
03-13-2011, 12:31 AM

Great post.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 05:48 AM
It's going to be a fun post season.

Wrecker, gettin' his Suns on.

tee, hee.

Technique
03-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Spurs just coastin' while every team tries too hard when we enter their establishment.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Spurs just coastin' while every team tries too hard when we enter their establishment.

Or, vice versa last Sunday.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I like the smell of the Johnson's. It reminds me of when I was 1.

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Wrecker, gettin' his Suns on.

tee, hee.

Spurs got the juice in reserves this year. No desert breakdown on the itinerary.

Beau
03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Cully and luva just made this thread uncomfortably uncomfortable. Yikes...

TampaDude
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Cully and luva just made this thread uncomfortably uncomfortable. Yikes...

Yeah, really...way too much "twinkness". :lol

TE
03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
When the Spurs play the Lakers it'll be about pace. Whoever controls the pace will win the series. Lakers can't play small with the Spurs as evident with the first head to head game of the regular season. The second game (Mcdyess tip-in) had both teams play their respective styles with the Spurs coming out with a lucky tip in. The third game had the Lakers completely imposing their will on the boards, offensive and defensive paint. If it weren't for the Spurs playing like shit, the third game would have been a lot closer, but I think the Lakers played a nearly perfect game so the outcome would have been the same.

The fourth meeting of the season won't be important for the Spurs, so the game has no major playoff implications.

If the Spurs impose their will with small ball, they'll run the Lakers right out of the building. Spurs win in seven games

If the Lakers impose their will with an immensely long and athletic line-up, the Lakers will destroy the Spurs. Lakers in six games.

So, it depends.