PDA

View Full Version : Wow Dirk

monosylab1k
03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Let's hear all the Mavs fans bring up every one of their flawed stats showing Dirk is the best crunch time performer in the league.

LOL throwing the ball away instead of taking the shot.

redzero
03-12-2011, 11:23 PM
He did that on the Mavs' third to last possession against the Hornets a few nights ago.

clambake
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
these guys would kick ass in the wnba.

itzsoweezee
03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Exhibit A for why dirk should never be mentioned in mvp talk

clambake
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
they'll still beat the spurs..........but that doesn't matter.

monosylab1k
03-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah and then after passing up the shot, just follow that up with letting Jet brick everything in sight for the remainder of the game.

Mavs can never win a title because their best player is a pussy when it counts.

monosylab1k
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Gerald Wallace wouldn't have done shit to make this game different.

In the end Dirk still has to make the big shots. Fuck, before he makes them he has to take them.

Reck
03-12-2011, 11:28 PM
they'll still beat the spurs..........but that doesn't matter.

:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Puzzling decision, he was on fire too, he shouldn't be passing up any shots in a 1 on 1 situation after making 2 consecutive clutch shots in a row, especially on a team that has no other reliable scoring options..

Still, Mavs should have went to him more often in the 4th, they would have had a great chance to win the game..

monosylab1k
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Mavs were a foul away from going into the bonus.

They don't force another foul until less than 3 minutes in the game.

Dirk should have gotten the ball and driven it down their throats every fucking time with 10 minutes to go.

sribb43
03-12-2011, 11:32 PM
10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Mavs were a foul away from going into the bonus.

They don't force another foul until less than 3 minutes in the game.

Dirk should have gotten the ball and driven it down their throats every fucking time with 10 minutes to go.

they only got into the penalty bc of an over the back call. Otherwise they would have never seen the FT line...jump shot loving pussies

The Gemini Method
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah puzzling he'd try and go to Chandler when Nowitzki was en fuego...I'd understand if it were Marion down there, but he wasn't.

Ghazi
Mavs biggest flaw is still the lack of an elite wing... Kobe. Manu. Pierce.. Jordan..

Jodelo
Dirk needs to take that shot, no excuse allowed, simple as that!

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:36 PM
When the Lakers went up early, I turned this shit. But following the box score, seems the Mavs played good overall defense for the most part, or was it just a result of Kobe/Gasol/Odom being off?

Cessation
03-12-2011, 11:37 PM
lol french allah 0-6 zero points

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
When the Lakers went up early, I turned this shit. But following the box score, seems the Mavs played good overall defense for the most part, or was it just a result of Kobe/Gasol/Odom being off?

Kobe was Kobe..

Gasol started off hot when he faced Dirk, but he had a lot of trouble going up against Chandler..

Bynum was unstoppable, Mavs had trouble keeping Artest outside of the paint, and Laker role players stepped up(which rarely happens, you have to live with it)..

mystargtr34
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Can the Mavs offer Roddy + Butler + Mahinmi + 2 firsts for Joe Johnson? Throw in Haywood and Marion if the Hawks want to take the extra $80M in contracts for those two :lol.

They desperately need a post player.. whether it be a big man or a wing like Joe. They wont be winning shit shooting 75 jump shots a night.

redzero
03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
lol french allah 0-6 zero points

1-7 shit head

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Kobe was Kobe..

Gasol started off hot when he faced Dirk, but he had a lot of trouble going up against Chandler..

Bynum was unstoppable, Mavs had trouble keeping Artest outside of the paint, and Laker role players stepped up(which rarely happens, you have to live with it)..

True. I should've rephrased that "Gasol/Odom" being off. 6-20 is par for Kobe in these big games.

Giuseppe
03-12-2011, 11:41 PM
True. I should've rephrased that "Gasol/Odom" being off. 6-20 is par for Kobe in these big games.

6-24, 6-20, two victories and an NBA World Title.

Shaved.

midnightpulp
03-12-2011, 11:44 PM
6-24, 6-20, two victories and an NBA World Title.

Shaved.

Nonetheless, it's par.

jag
03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I like Roddy and tbh he's a tough matchup when he's "on". But I've always said he's just as inconsistent as George Hill, and Mav fan wasn't having any of it.

Spur_Fanatic
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM
A Mavs fan dissing Dirk?

Henke
03-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Shut the fuck up Mono.

He had 25-10-6-2 with >50fg% and some fucking pussies here are complaining about him.

Why?Because he decided for once to see if a fucking teammate of him can make a basic play during the clutch.
Dirk has Odom on his legs,Gasol is not even checking Chandler since he has his mind on Dirk and Chandler who has a wide open dunk watches for the rebound already.LOL.Also not to mention that when Chandler realizes the pass and goes for it,the spaniard pulls his jersey.Great fucking non call right there tbh.

As for the Terry's shot that's how basketball works dipshit.You're trying to find the highest percentage shot.LA crowds Dirk,Terry has a fucking open 7 footer and he bricks it.

Carlisle plays Cardinal 17 fucking minutes against Gasol/Odom.

And somehow all this shit is Dirk's fault.SMH

jag
03-13-2011, 12:17 AM
:corn:

midnightpulp
03-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Shut the fuck up Mono.

He had 25-10-6-2 with >50fg% and some fucking pussies here are complaining about him.

Why?Because he decided for once to see if a fucking teammate of him can make a basic play during the clutch.
Dirk has Odom on his legs,Gasol is not even checking Chandler since he has his mind on Dirk and Chandler who has a wide open dunk watches for the rebound already.LOL.Also not to mention that when Chandler realizes the pass and goes for it,the spaniard pulls his jersey.Great fucking non call right there tbh.

As for the Terry's shot that's how basketball works dipshit.You're trying to find the highest percentage shot.LA crowds Dirk,Terry has a fucking open 7 footer and he bricks it.

Carlisle plays Cardinal 17 fucking minutes against Gasol/Odom.

And somehow all this shit is Dirk's fault.SMH

lol

mavsfan1000
03-13-2011, 12:28 AM
I like Roddy and tbh he's a tough matchup when he's "on". But I've always said he's just as inconsistent as George Hill, and Mav fan wasn't having any of it.
He lacks experience and seemed kinda flat tonight. Not sure why. Just a bad game I guess. The size of the Lakers did seem to bother many tonight. The Lakers are just too big.

endrity
03-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Man, Mono this is too much even for you. This is the usual bullshit "being a man in the clutch talk" that at this point every statistics has proven as a flawed mentality. TC gets his head up, he has a dunk there. It's the same Dirk did to the Heat at the end of game 5, where after hitting two tough jumpers, he drew the big men and dished an assist for a dunk to Dampier.

Look, to the extent the Mavs made a run in this game, they made it because Dirk made all the right plays. He was hitting tough jumpers, and when the defense collapsed he found Jet for open shots. His line is pretty damn good, and he had just hit two much tougher jumpers before that, so don't give me any of the "he isn't tough" talk.

Look at the Lakers instead. They were a better team for as long as the ball went inside, and when Kobe had to have his moment, and try to take tough jumpers with Marion defending him, the Mavs cut it to 4. People on this forum should know at this point that this kind of logic leads you nowhere.

Reggie Williams
03-13-2011, 12:31 AM
oh shit, damn base guy

first u fuck my bitch, then u fuck my sister

then u fuck my cousin, then u fuck my daughter

now u bout to fuck my mouth with this good ass ravioli!

bitches suck my dick cuz they like ravioli!

Its based god you fagel not base guy. If your gonna try to act all hood try to get the names right.

Henke
03-13-2011, 12:37 AM
lol

Very funny,huh?:rolleyes

If you're loling for my meltdown,gimme a fucking break scro.It's 7:30 am here,I haven't slept and its games like this you realize that the Mavs aren't contending for shit.

Pretty hard if you ask me.

midnightpulp
03-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Very funny,huh?:rolleyes

If you're loling for my meltdown,gimme a fucking break scro.It's 7:30 am here,I haven't slept and its games like this you realize that the Mavs aren't contending for shit.

Pretty hard if you ask me.

Well, don't give up hope. Mavs do have the horses to give the Lakers a run and potentially steal a series.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 05:56 AM
its games like this you realize that the Mavs aren't contending for shit.

That's it, right there.

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Man, Mono this is too much even for you. This is the usual bullshit "being a man in the clutch talk" that at this point every statistics has proven as a flawed mentality. TC gets his head up, he has a dunk there. It's the same Dirk did to the Heat at the end of game 5, where after hitting two tough jumpers, he drew the big men and dished an assist for a dunk to Dampier.

Look, to the extent the Mavs made a run in this game, they made it because Dirk made all the right plays. He was hitting tough jumpers, and when the defense collapsed he found Jet for open shots. His line is pretty damn good, and he had just hit two much tougher jumpers before that, so don't give me any of the "he isn't tough" talk.

Look at the Lakers instead. They were a better team for as long as the ball went inside, and when Kobe had to have his moment, and try to take tough jumpers with Marion defending him, the Mavs cut it to 4. People on this forum should know at this point that this kind of logic leads you nowhere.

Oh what a shock tons of mavs fans giving dirk a free pass. Dirk is awesome and you can throw every stat and excuse you want out there, but in the end the proof is in the pudding.

I dont want to hear all about how his teammates fail him and how he carries so much of the load the game never would have been close without him. I want results when it matters and Dirk simply doesnt deliver most of the time.

Don't tell me about the pain, just show me the baby.

21_Blessings
03-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Mavs biggest flaw is still the lack of an elite wing... Kobe. Manu. Pierce.. Jordan..

Well that and they can't defend B:lolby Drew whatsoever.

badfish22
03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
A Mavs fan dissing Dirk?

Mono gets his boners from being "different" than other mavfans, it helps him stay in good graces with the spurcrowd tbh.

Ghazi
03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Well that and they can't defend B:lolby Drew whatsoever.

:lol

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Mono gets his boners from being "different" than other mavfans, it helps him stay in good graces with the spurcrowd tbh.

I just speak the truth nobody wants to hear. No need for you to get butthurt about it. You could actually try to make a point that proves me wrong, but we all know that's not possible. Thanks.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 06:23 PM
:lol trying to appeal to Spurs fans..so mainstream..

jjktkk
03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Dirk needs a superstar to pair with him in order for the Mavs to get where they want to go. They will always get close, but its asking alot for superstar to take his team all the way by himself.

BlackSwordsMan
03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Its working mono has appealed to me.

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM
:lol trying to appeal to Spurs fans..so mainstream..

Once I get an All-ST Medal under my name, then you can accuse me of selling out. Until then, I still possess the street cred you never will, Slim.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Once I get an All-ST Medal under my name, then you can accuse me of selling out. Until then, I still possess the street cred you never will, Slim.

Findog has a All-ST Medal, IIRC..pretty impressive, tbh..

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Findog has a All-ST Medal, IIRC..pretty impressive, tbh..

Findog has always been the diplomatic, business part of MK. I rep the hood. He's the Stringer to my Avon. Findog having a medal only shows the versatility of the most dominant group on the NBA Forums. We've already been through this, Slim.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Findog has always been the diplomatic, business part of MK. I rep the hood. He's the Stringer to my Avon. Findog having a medal only shows the versatility of the most dominant group on the NBA Forums. We've already been through this, Slim.

My sig shows that you tried to make me your Stringer, tbh..

I wasn't meant to play the son..

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
what about his cool clutch stats?

Yeah it's great that he hits a bunch of ultimately meaningless gamewinners over Reggie Evans.

Let's see him for once step up against one of the big boys and deliver in the clutch. Or God forbid the playoffs, where he hasn't done it since 2006.

Hedo Fucking Turkoglu has hit more recent clutch shots in the playoffs than Dirk has. That's how bad it's getting.

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:44 PM
My sig shows that you tried to make me your Stringer, tbh..

You were just a pawn in the game brah, a means to an end. I've already given you lots of props on your mainstream appeal here. I tried to use that to get the powah, merely because I knew that two Mavs fans would never even have a chance with Mama Bear. So I decided to make a power move and used your mainstream appeal as half of the ticket. Had the move worked, I would have ousted you immediately and become sole dictator of the NBA Forum.

midnightpulp
03-13-2011, 09:46 PM
lol at emerging Mono/Harlem feud.

Mono needs a good antagonist. First there was TheSanityAnnex, then pussyface. Who will be next?

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:46 PM
You were just a pawn in the game brah, a means to an end. I've already given you lots of props on your mainstream appeal here. I tried to use that to get the powah, merely because I knew that two Mavs fans would never even have a chance with Mama Bear. So I decided to make a power move and used your mainstream appeal as half of the ticket. Had the move worked, I would have ousted you immediately and become sole dictator of the NBA Forum.

If I was truly mainstream, it would have worked..

The admins wouldn't want MarloHeat running this shit, tbh..

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:47 PM
when has dirk had a decent team

10 straight years of 50 win seasons. He's had enough talent around him. The Mavs should have at least 2 titles by now, but the failings of Dirk prevented that. Dirk leads this team, so the failings of his teammates only expose him as a poor leader.

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 09:55 PM
they're a 50 win team only beause of him. he has to carry them so hard just to make the playoffs. what happened when dirk went down this year again? we lost to the craptors among others. what were we, 2-7? we're the 90's mavs without dirk

Take a superstar off most other teams and the teams blows without them. That doesn't prevent them from delivering in the clutch and winning titles. Take Tim Duncan off the Spurs and they suck shit for a decade. Does that mean if Duncan played like ass in the playoffs and the team underachieved year after year, that Spurs fans should give him a free pass?

From 05-07, the Mavs were good enough to win the title. In 06 they should have without a doubt. Same with 07. The team, and it's leader Dirk, shit the bed when it mattered most both years.

monosylab1k
03-13-2011, 10:01 PM
take duncan off the spurs and they're slightly above .500 this year.

god, your homosexuality knows no bounds.

I'm talking hypothetically, for the past decade, if Tim Duncan wasn't around, the Spurs would have sucked every year.

And hypothetically, if Tim Duncan was around but every time the playoffs rolled around he played like ass in big games and the team never won a title, should he be given a free pass by Spurs fans because "they'd never be in the playoffs without him"?

ALVAREZ6
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
mavs can never win a title also because they don't have enough talent on the roster, and when faced with an opportunity to upgrade the FO chokes

i've heard of players choking, but lol front office choke

whhhhhhaaaaaaat?

ALVAREZ6
03-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Dirk has a pretty nice roster around him IMO...they're still a solid ass team that I do fear in the playoffs.

Dirk
Kidd
Terry
Chandler AND Haywood as centers...Jesus.
Marion
Peja + Barea are not bad options for role players with limited minutes...

They just had terrible luck with Caron Butler going down for the year...any news on how likely it is for him to return during the playoffs? Haven't been paying much attention. They do lack another superstar which would leave a lot of the burden off of Dirk, but he's still surrounded by many solid players. Kidd's still got it, Terry IMO is very talented, I've always liked his skill set, the problem obviously is he's a dumbass. Some good low post defenders at the center position, the roster is filled with players that can hit the 3 ball, I'd just imagine they need more consistent slashing (since this is usually their problem, going off of assumptions as I haven't watched Dallas play at all this year), but Roddy can bring some of that and maybe Terry.

I don't know, I'm not saying the lack of another superstar is completely accounted for by a list of solid role players, but I think it minimizes the difference between the two styles. Still a very good team, no need to freak out.

# 1 Troll
03-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Dirk has a pretty nice roster around him IMO...they're still a solid ass team that I do fear in the playoffs.

Dirk
Kidd
Terry
Chandler AND Haywood as centers...Jesus.
Marion
Peja + Barea are not bad options for role players with limited minutes...

They just had terrible luck with Caron Butler going down for the year...any news on how likely it is for him to return during the playoffs? Haven't been paying much attention. They do lack another superstar which would leave a lot of the burden off of Dirk, but he's still surrounded by many solid players. Kidd's still got it, Terry IMO is very talented, I've always liked his skill set, the problem obviously is he's a dumbass. Some good low post defenders at the center position, the roster is filled with players that can hit the 3 ball, I'd just imagine they need more consistent slashing (since this is usually their problem, going off of assumptions as I haven't watched Dallas play at all this year), but Roddy can bring some of that and maybe Terry.

I don't know, I'm not saying the lack of another superstar is completely accounted for by a list of solid role players, but I think it minimizes the difference between the two styles. Still a very good team, no need to freak out.

Hey brah?? hows argentina? lolololol Are you going bald like your wet dream Manure?? lololololololol

Ghazi
03-13-2011, 10:31 PM
10 straight years of 50 win seasons. He's had enough talent around him. The Mavs should have at least 2 titles by now, but the failings of Dirk prevented that. Dirk leads this team, so the failings of his teammates only expose him as a poor leader.

Dirks showed up the past 3 playoffs...

Dirk's 2nd option is Jason Terry for christs sake... the talents been good, not great.

# 1 Troll
03-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Dirks showed up the past 3 playoffs...

Dirk's 2nd option is Jason Terry for christs sake... the talents been good, not great.

Hey brah, you still pay for the pussy?? lolololololololol

hater
03-14-2011, 03:19 PM
My Dirk did look rattled in that play :(

He had the tail between the legs Matt Bonner staring at the ground after a fuckup look, including the blushing :bang

D-Wade #3
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey brah, you still pay for the pussy?? lolololololololol

LOL Tacker

Axe Murderer
03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Terry IMO is very talented, I've always liked his skill set, the problem obviously is he's a dumbass.

No, his problem is that he's a jump shooter. Dirk is a jump shooter too, but he can take it to the rim and get fouled when he needs to. If Terry's jumper isn't falling, he's literally got nothing else.

Beau
03-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Mono's a boss.

Like your no-excuse, real-talk takes, B. :tu

Beau
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
And I can't help but wonder how fuckin well Parker and Dirk would compliment each other. Don't hope to ever see it but they've got skillsets for their positions that would fuckin own in compliment...

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2011, 05:33 PM
No, his problem is that he's a jump shooter. Dirk is a jump shooter too, but he can take it to the rim and get fouled when he needs to. If Terry's jumper isn't falling, he's literally got nothing else.

I guess I'm remembering what he used to be..when he was not as old, faster. His speed and pull up off the dribble was extremely effective...I love that play.

Anyway, the bolded part has been the entire team's problem throughout recent history. The Mavs have been a perimeter team for some time, and it's pretty damn tough to win a championship like that, with limited penetration and little post play. It's a huge concern for me as of now considering the Spurs have gotten used to relying on the 3 throughout this season, Duncan is old and relatively garbage in the paint at this point. They still have Manu and Tony who slash, but the way they've been making it rain from 3 point land this year makes me believe they aren't as great of contenders as some might think.

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
kidd is a shell of himself and pretty much just dribbles the ball down, sets up a play and just spots up. no more dribbling around and creating anything. jet regressed in his age to an undersized chucker and it is universally agreed that we need to cut his minutes. marion is past his prime. peja and barea are both 1 dimensional and bad things happen when they're on the court. tyson chandler has been the one bright spot this year, but i don't know what the hell you're talking about with cuckold haywood. dude's playing worse than dampier this year. still no 2nd option, yeah thats a ton of talent! :rolleyes

I know he's not in his prime, but Kidd still is a solid PG, doesn't take many shot attempts at all other than wide open threes so it's not like he wastes possessions on offense. Does he still have his defense? I haven't been watching as stated.
A lot of the players are shells of their former selves, but still some solid role players nonetheless. The Mavs could def use another star instead of a bunch of similar players, but Dirk seems to handle the work load really well IMO..he gets it done, very consistent player and doesn't go into shooting slumps too often. His game seems to always be there.

Axe Murderer
03-15-2011, 01:21 AM
doesn't that make sense to you, or are you too stupid that your brain can't even get that?

A similar principal applies when predicting Cowboy games; I won't take a win in Indianopolis for granted next year because we had a good run back in the '90's.

Axe Murderer
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Seriously dude, you're Obviously basing your opinions off of yesteryear and don't even watch the mavs play.

Or off emotion/how they play against the Spurs

:cry Terry has all the tools but punching Finley in the balls is his fatal flaw :cry that's why he'll never be a champion :cry great fucking classless dumbass :cry

Beau
03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Or off emotion/how they play against the Spurs

:cry Terry has all the tools but punching Finley in the balls is his fatal flaw :cry that's why he'll never be a champion :cry great fucking classless dumbass :cry

Finley ain't on the team anymore, so y'all might be all right. Unless, he's nowhere near to found at the game because he had to go find Finley and punch him in the balls.

Fuck Finley, and his balls.

frodo
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
dirk is the best crunch-time performer definitely only except when he stands at the line. dirk encountered his biggest crunch time in game 5 06' finals, if i remember correct, but he missed both shots at the line and the mavs lost that game, and the series eventually

ALVAREZ6
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Seriously dude, you're Obviously basing your opinions off of yesteryear and don't even watch the mavs play. Kidds defense has been pretty bad for a while now..he still defends slow guys okay, but that's about it. He doesn't stand a chance guarding anyone whos any sort of a scoring threat at all. He's basically a spot up 3 point shooter and that's it these days.

How can you say dirk has all this awesome help then the next post basically concede that he carries the team on his back with the best of them?

I definitely am, CROFL. Why would I watch the Mavs? Why would I watch any NBA team outside the spurs? It's getting pretty damn redundant by now, but the NBA BLOWS..fuckin lame league.

endrity
03-16-2011, 04:46 AM
dirk is the best crunch-time performer definitely only except when he stands at the line. dirk encountered his biggest crunch time in game 5 06' finals, if i remember correct, but he missed both shots at the line and the mavs lost that game, and the series eventually

He missed one, and it was game 4, and he had made plenty of clutch free throws in the Finals and the Playoffs including Game 7 against SA. He shot almost 90% through those playoffs from the line. So yeah, he missed a shot, it happens to everyone.

p.s Wade missed two at the end of game 6 yet no one remembers cause they ended up winning

monosylab1k
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
cause they ended up winning

Thank you.

"But the other guy choked too" is the shittest loser's rallying cry ever.

HornetLoveJones
05-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Wrong x 3

rayjayjohnson
05-09-2011, 04:28 AM
more monosylab1k fairweatherness.

:lmao "rapper"