PDA

View Full Version : 50,000,000 Lakers fans can't be wrong . . .

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 01:27 AM
I hate to admit it, but the Lakers look pretty fuckin' scary right now. It's going to take a Herculean effort and perfect blend of near symbiotic teamwork, lights out shooting, close out D, advantageous momentum and luck in regard to injuries for a team to dethrone LA. However, there's always a chance of a big upset in the NBA playoffs and that's why fans watch.

Regardless of record, the Lakers are, and always have been, the favorite to win the championship this year. Not to mention, net the franchise it's 2nd 3peat in 11 seasons, solidify Phil "Auerbach" Jackson's legacy as the greatest coach of the modern era and, at long last, give Kobe=MJ a whiff of legitimacy.

The stakes are high, friends. I will be forced to give the Lakers, Phil , Kobe all due respect if they can hold serve again, but I really would rather not. It's a great story line and I'm really looking forward to the playoffs, but I will, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised by the annihilation of the possibility of a trite, predictable Hollywood ending.

lefty
03-13-2011, 01:29 AM
Spurs were very flat last Sunday
And the Mavs are the Mavs

That being said, they are still the defending champs

mavsfan1000
03-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Yep Evil will prevail just like the song. f87siGRmwYc

Budkin
03-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Give me a goddamn break. Let's play the games first. We'll see who holds up in the playoffs. This is the same shit people were saying in 2003 when they were going for the 4 peat. Then we crushed them at home and made them cry.

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Give me a goddamn break. Let's play the games first. We'll see who holds up in the playoffs. This is the same shit people were saying in 2003 when they were going for the 4 peat. Then we crushed them at home and made them cry.

Yep. That would be cool, and . . . I ain't talkin' shit. So, you give me a goddamn break.

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2011, 01:43 AM
I hate to admit it, but the Lakers look pretty fuckin' scary right now. It's going to take a Herculean effort and perfect blend of near symbiotic teamwork, lights out shooting, close out D, advantageous momentum and luck in regard to injuries for a team to dethrone LA. However, there's always a chance of a big upset in the NBA playoffs and that's why fans watch.

Regardless of record, the Lakers are, and always have been, the favorite to win the championship this year. Not to mention, net the franchise it's 2nd 3peat in 11 seasons, solidify Phil "Auerbach" Jackson's legacy as the greatest coach of the modern era and, at long last, give Kobe=MJ a whiff of legitimacy.

The stakes are high, friends. I will be forced to give the Lakers, Phil , Kobe all due respect if they can hold serve again, but I really would rather not. It's a great story line and I'm really looking forward to the playoffs, but I will, hopefully, be pleasantly surprised by the annihilation of the possibility of a trite, predictable Hollywood ending.

^ Ohmwrecker

mavsfan1000
03-13-2011, 01:45 AM
lol That Spurs team was way more more prepared to knock out the Lakers team than this years Spurs. I think the Spurs only hope is if the Mavs mysteriously found a way to beat the Lakers and then they could beat the Mavs.

TheSullyMonster
03-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Why in the world can't 50,000,000 laker fans be wrong? The number of believers has nothing to do with how correct their belief is.

BRHornet45
03-13-2011, 03:15 AM
special place in hell for 50,000,000

phyzik
03-13-2011, 03:20 AM
you ever heard of "Mob Mentality" or "Herd beahavior"?

Laker Nation is THE fucking definition of those sayings.

A single person is not stupid.... People are stupid....

Laker fans = sheep....

Just follow the herd.....

Keep taking that Kobe deep throat.....

slurp, slurp, gurggle, gurggle.

Man In Black
03-13-2011, 03:44 AM
One slightly sprained ankle poses an issue. See Spurs 2008 Manu playing on 1 leg.
Bean will probably miss Monday's game. That ankle is going to swell like a balloon. Trainers are going to have to work extra hard the next 48 to minimize the pain and swelling. Bean boy is a fast healer but even then...that ankle looked like shit sideways. It's easy to get a player to finish a game with heavy tape and if he's got a good pain threshold like Bean. But no matter, that ankle is going to pose an issue for a few weeks...if not longer.

LkrFan
03-13-2011, 04:03 AM
One slightly sprained ankle poses an issue. See Spurs 2008 Manu playing on 1 leg.
Bean will probably miss Monday's game. That ankle is going to swell like a balloon. Trainers are going to have to work extra hard the next 48 to minimize the pain and swelling. Bean boy is a fast healer but even then...that ankle looked like shit sideways. It's easy to get a player to finish a game with heavy tape and if he's got a good pain threshold like Bean. But no matter, that ankle is going to pose an issue for a few weeks...if not longer.
What's your point? His ankle won't stop him from missing the playoffs. That's what matters, tbh. They've beaten their two biggest deterrents to winning the WC. On the road no less. If he doesn't play Monday doesn't matter. Hell he could take a week off if it came to it. The Lakers just showed the world that they are still top dogs in the WC. Again (with or without HCA).

jjktkk
03-13-2011, 04:11 AM
What's your point? His ankle won't stop him from missing the playoffs. That's what matters, tbh. They've beaten their two biggest deterrents to winning the WC. On the road no less. If he doesn't play Monday doesn't matter. Hell he could take a week off if it came to it. The Lakers just showed the world that they are still top dogs in the WC. Again (with or without HCA).

What hes saying is that ankle of Kobe's won't fully heal till the Summer.

Roger Freemason Jr.
03-13-2011, 04:50 AM

Look, I acknowledge that the Lakers are the defending champions, & that they're a force to be reckoned with, but you can't let a couple of well played streaky games speak for the whole season played thus far. If the Lakers had beaten the Spurs twice in the season, & the Spurs came into Staples and spanked the Lakers by 30 in the third game, it would be sheer luck on account of the Spurs, so I don't agree, I don't think the Lakers have established themselves as top dogs yet, maybe if we meet in the playoffs and the Lakers sweep the Spurs will I eat these words.

Holden_Caulfield
03-13-2011, 05:24 AM
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy279/baronvonhungster/Animated_Gifs/Girls_Generation/Taeyeon/ty_amazed.gif

der Kaiser
03-13-2011, 09:16 AM

Bullshit. That 03 teams limped into the playoffs playing bad ball, struggling to get by the twolves. Even then the Spurs were one Horry 3 from going to LA down 3-2. Considering that the Spurs have only beaten LA 1 in 5 tries in the Phil Jackson era, 03 was more of the exception rather than the rule.

But I agree we'll see who holds up in the playoffs.

silverblk mystix
03-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Look at the season records so far...

You are what your record says you are.

Last season the lakers dominated the league in the regular season...they were who they were...the best team by virtue of the best season record.

People thought that because the lakers stumbled a bit at the end of the season that someone else might beat them in the playoffs.

But in the end the team with the best record ended up being the best team period. (let's NOT mention the 25 free throws in the last 20 minutes of game 7 for now :) )

This season the Spurs have dominated the entire league and they are who the record says they are...the best team in the league--period.

There are a buncha people here trying to discount that--and say that the lakers this or that or the length this or that or kobe this or that....blah....blah...fuckin' blah...

The Spurs have dominated this season and in the end they will simply be who they have been all THIS season...the best team in the entire NBA--period.

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Last season the lakers dominated the league in the regular season...they were who they were...the best team by virtue of the best season record.

People thought that because the lakers stumbled a bit at the end of the season that someone else might beat them in the playoffs.

But in the end the team with the best record ended up being the best team period. (let's NOT mention the 25 free throws in the last 20 minutes of game 7 for now :) )

This season the Spurs have dominated the entire league and they are who the record says they are...the best team in the league--period.

There are a buncha people here trying to discount that--and say that the lakers this or that or the length this or that or kobe this or that....blah....blah...fuckin' blah...

The Spurs have dominated this season and in the end they will simply be who they have been all THIS season...the best team in the entire NBA--period.

:gpowerYou go girl.....

silverblk mystix
03-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Don't speak to me you welching piece of shit.

Your word is shit, your comments irrelevant, your name is shit...all of your troll names.

Koolaid_Man
03-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Don't speak to me you welching piece of shit.

Your word is shit, your comments irrelevant, your name is shit...all of your troll names.

bad hair day much?

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 10:08 AM

:lmao

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Why in the world can't 50,000,000 laker fans be wrong? The number of believers has nothing to do with how correct their belief is.

Familiarize yourself with some basic concepts like parody and sarcasm and try again. K? Thanks.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
^Accurate.

Like:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Lakers are still the favorites, although not by a significant margin, but like I said earlier in the season, if they win this year, barring injuries, it would be one of the most impressive playoff runs in NBA history, considering the mileage and potential opponents..

Dallas/San Antonio and either Miami/Boston/Chicago would be a very impressive run, especially compared to their previous 2, 2 of the easier runs in recent history..

Lakers have been impressive during this run due to Bynum's emergence and LA's role players stepping up..Bynum's health and the emergence of their role players are 2 question marks for the playoffs..

If they make it to the Finals, they should hope Boston makes it, that would be a much easier match up for LA IMO..

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
This is where we differ, jackass. We're not looking for an upset. You all are. We're going to continue to look Mt. Everest in the face and dare him to talk shit. After climbing his big ass, we're going to beat our chest like King Kong, let our nuts hang, and rain piss down the mountain on all those that came up short along the way.

I have a feeling this isn't the only area where we differ, candypants. Of course, the Lakers losing is going to be an upset. They're the defending champs, duh. You can climb up shit mountain, let your raisins "hang" and rain piss on nothing all you like because, and let's be clear . . . you won't win anything . . . you will still be a loser talkin' shit on the internet and you will still be terrible at it and no one will give a shit just like now. Being a front runnin' idiot does not give you any cache with me. Tell your story walkin', hooker.

cobbler
03-13-2011, 12:30 PM

Uhhh Cavs had the best record and they didn't win shit.

...and everyone of those 25 FT's were legit. Watch the game for god's sake!

cobbler
03-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Lakers are still the favorites, although not by a significant margin, but like I said earlier in the season, if they win this year, barring injuries, it would be one of the most impressive playoff runs in NBA history, considering the mileage and potential opponents..

Dallas/San Antonio and either Miami/Boston/Chicago would be a very impressive run, especially compared to their previous 2, 2 of the easier runs in recent history..

Lakers have been impressive during this run due to Bynum's emergence and LA's role players stepping up..Bynum's health and the emergence of their role players are 2 question marks for the playoffs..

If they make it to the Finals, they should hope Boston makes it, that would be a much easier match up for LA IMO..

You also said Miami was going to tear thru the league and I dont belive you meant the watery eyes kinda tear. :lol You're not very good at predictions.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 12:59 PM
My predictions have actually been very solid this year..my Heat prediction won't be judged until the playoffs..the rest of my predictions have hit at a high rate, with the Utah prediction being the best, when most people here said they would be a top 5 team in the West..

cobbler
03-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Im talking last 3 years. You jumping from wagon to wagon last year alone in hopes for a Laker killer was a particular embarassment that will set your agverage back for years.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Im talking last 3 years. You jumping from wagon to wagon last year alone in hopes for a Laker killer was a particular embarassment that will set your agverage back for years.

Cobby is correct here, Har. You did act the fool last season with that wagon hopping.

TampaDude
03-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Lakers suck...they won't reach the WCF. :lol

rascal
03-13-2011, 05:07 PM
My predictions have actually been very solid this year..my Heat prediction won't be judged until the playoffs..the rest of my predictions have hit at a high rate, with the Utah prediction being the best, when most people here said they would be a top 5 team in the West..

What are your predictions again? If your going to brag on how good you are then lets see if you can get your predictions correct.

Ashy Larry
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
key to the Lakers winning is controlling the boards....if this big team controls the boards, they will three-peat ......

TampaDude
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Yup...look at all the fools who believe in God. :lol

silverblk mystix
03-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Uhhh Cavs had the best record and they didn't win shit.

...and everyone of those 25 FT's were legit. Watch the game for god's sake!

Sure the 25 ft's in 20 minutes were legit...

but while the celtics were allegedly fouling....the lakers mysteriously became the cleanest team in the history of the NBA by not committing any fouls...

astounding,really.

TD 21
03-13-2011, 05:59 PM

In other words, only the Spurs or Celtics are capable of beating then. Not exactly breaking news.

Nothing I've seen this season has led me to re-think my prediction from before the season started. Everyone goes on and on about their size and the quality of it, but that's never guaranteed a championship. If it did it, the Spurs would have won six straight championships from 97-03.

They haven't exactly faced a murderer's row since Gasol was handed to them. Because of the relatively weak competition and the fact that they're "the Lakers", people have this idea that they're better than they are. In reality, they're old, slow, running on fumes and lacking depth.

I see similarities to the '08 Spurs in this team. The signs were there from about the 20 game and on mark of that season. In the Lakers case, the signs were there going back to last season. They've been more pronounced this season.

I'm not suggesting they can't win the championship, but to ignore months worth of evidence and pass it off as them being "bored" or any other excuse you want to make, would be foolish.

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
In other words, only the Spurs or Celtics are capable of beating then. Not exactly breaking news.

Kind of a bitchy way to open if you are agreeing with me tbh.

alchemist
03-13-2011, 06:20 PM
All I know is that Bynum/Gasol/Odom are playing excellent. Kobe got banged up at the best time, the Lakers don't have a road game until April! Lakers will be feasting the rest of the month, with or without Kobe.