PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean - DNC Money Repellent...

The Ressurrected One
06-02-2005, 05:03 PM
...Strikes again!

Howard Dean addressed the Campaign For The America's Future's "Take Back America Conference" this morning. It was vintage Dean--an over the top stemwinder with no regard for facts or logic. A principal theme of the speech was retirement income, both Social Security and private pensions. Try, if you can, to follow Dean's logic:

It wasn't enough for the president to try to wreck the public pension system that we had. It wasn't enough for him to try to turn over Social Security to the same people who brought us Enron, his good friends and political contributors.
Huh? What part of President Bush's proposed Social Security reform would "turn over Social Security to the same people who brought us Enron"? Presumably Dean is talking about private accounts. But those voluntary investments would be limited to approved bond and stock funds. Unless Dean thinks that all investments are somehow the same as "Enron," his charge makes no sense. And, by the way, Dean is a multimillionaire, mainly due to inherited wealth. Where do you think he keeps his own money? Under the mattress?

Dean continues:

Pension plans ought not to be controlled by companies, they ought to be controlled by the people who those pensions belong to. That's the working people of America.
Of course, that's just what President Bush's personal accounts would do: put retirement savings under the control of the "working people of America," just as 401(k) plans put retirement savings under the control of millions of Americans. If working people have a right to control their own retirement savings, then why isn't Dean supporting Bush's plan?

Dean continues with this ludicrous charge:

Enron began around the time the president took office.
Normally I would assume that this is the kind of thing Dean blurts out on the spur of the moment, without premeditation. Except here, his speech was largely devoted to talking about Enron, pension plans and Social Security, so it seems more likely that this patently false claim was scripted. As pretty much everyone knows, Enron's illicit activities occupied more or less the entire decade of the 90s. Within months after President Bush's inauguration, Enron announced its first billion dollar write-down, and an SEC investigation had been launched. I can only assume that Dean thinks the old rules are still in place, and because he is a Democrat, he can get away with saying anything. Here's more:

This week the labor department estimated in 2004, underfunding of pension plans, grew to $450 billion. 60% of companies take advantage of outdated accounting rules to avoid making annual contributions. The president wants to take away our Social Security. and then he's going to take away the private pension plans, too?
Forty thousand Americans lost their pensions. Another tens of thousands just last week, when the courts took away the United Airlines' workers' pensions. this is a serious problem.
Well, it is a serious problem. That's why the administration has proposed a package of reforms including stricter accounting rules and measures to shore up the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/16/national/main695329.shtml) reports:

The proposal has won praise from some of the Bush administration's usual critics for being financially sound and a necessary fix to prevent another debacle like the savings and loan crisis in the 1980s, in which taxpayers ended up bailing out thousands of failed banks. But it's also been criticized by some in the business community, who are usually supportive of the administration.
And the Executive Director of the PBGC says (http://www.pbgc.gov/news/press_releases/2005/pr05_46.htm) that "[t]he funding-rule weaknesses highlighted in this [GAO] report are the very ones the Administration’s reform proposal would address."

It's possible that Dean has some substantive criticisms of the administration's proposals, but if so, he kept them to himself.

Dean worked himself up to this crazed climax:

You think people can work all day and then pick up their kids at child care or wherever and get home and still manage to sandwich in an eight-hour vote? Well Republicans, I guess can do that. Because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives.
This is too absurd to require any comment, except: Is this hysterical nonsense really the image the Democrats want to present to the American people?

Nbadan
06-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Howard Dean addressed the Campaign For The America's Future's "Take Back America Conference" this morning. It was vintage Dean--an over the top stemwinder with no regard for facts or logic.

:rolleyes

This pretty much describes anything the administration, any of its right-wing pundits and group of compromised journalists ever put out to the media whores. At least Dean didn't spin the facts or he would have had to declare himself a Republican.

Nbadan
06-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Huh? What part of President Bush's proposed Social Security reform would "turn over Social Security to the same people who brought us Enron"? Presumably Dean is talking about private accounts. But those voluntary investments would be limited to approved bond and stock funds. Unless Dean thinks that all investments are somehow the same as "Enron," his charge makes no sense. And, by the way, Dean is a multimillionaire, mainly due to inherited wealth. Where do you think he keeps his own money? Under the mattress?

Everyone knows that the financial industry, including those that will benefit most from managing W's proposed private accounts (you don't think they are going to do it for free now do you?), are big time RNC contributors.

Private accounts are kinda like borrowing money for retirement from your pension fund that you will have to pay back later in higher taxes, higher gas prices, higher borrowing costs, a higher cost of living and higher user-fees, but Republicans always gloss over the fact that it would cost taxpayers $2-4 billion over the first 10 years to implement W's idea of SS reform, which coincidently, does absolutely nothing to strengthen SS, but does insure that it will go broke much sooner.

Nbadan
06-03-2005, 02:42 AM
The Howard Dean being a money-repellant claim by wingers is full of shit too..

A quick look at actual FEC reports shows that Dean has raised more money in an off year than any DNC Chair in history.

First Quarter of 2005 - $16.7 million
Q1/2004 - $28.7 million
Q1/2003 - $8.7 million
Q1/2002 - $11.8

And Dean is on pace to break the midyear fundraising of $23.7 in the first six months of 2001.

It turns out numbers can be false when they are true, as the "low" number of 2005 is extremely misleading. Thanks Business Week. It also turns out that a true picture of Dean portrays him as a great fundraiser and a progressive to boot! Well fuckin' A. Progressives 1, establishment Dems 0.

So now, let me say my part. I am disgusted with anyone who suggested or even insinuated, to any degree, that Dean be removed from his position as DNC Chair- because he is not bringing in the money.

To me, there is already too much money in the system. The other half of that problem, is the money comes from, and stays, in the same circles. That is, it comes from the corporation and stays in the hands of establishment Democrats.

I am tired of 2 mascotts, one party - the Corporate Party. I am tired of legislation written around a policy of attracting corporate donations. To be blunt: I am tired of Republican-Lite.

My confession: if it weren't for progressive dems, I'd be a vilified Green.

Here's the good news: Dean is bringing in the cash without selling out. That means more AMERICANS care. How much does it mean for a corp to give money versus an American? Well, in the first instance it is an investment, and in the second, a sacrifice. So America is sacrficing for our cause, and that's beyond great.

The money is coming from the right place. And you know what else? It's going back to the right circles: grassroots activism in all 50 states. Fortunate me, I get it all. A responsible chairman, a good amount of money, and spending that is effective and does not favor the corporations over.. well myself and my friends and everyone I care about.

MyDD offers one final, parting thought:

Not to mention that there is no reason for corporation donor to even hedge their bets with Democrats since the GOP controls everything.

Well, no reason but they hate Republicans.

MYDD (http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/6/2/85226/67718)

Vashner
06-03-2005, 05:23 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep Howard Dean...

We need him to stay in power 11 more years PLEASE! With Dean
there is no way in hell the dim's would ever get back in office....

The thing bout Dean is that he HATES EVERYTHING republicans stand for..

I.E. he is not willing to meet people half way in the road. Which is what you need to win in America. We may all be diverse but there is love on both sides.
You can't just shit on one side.. it don't work that way.

He's only good at trashing his opponents.. never to shine his own stinky ugly ass.

The Ressurrected One
06-03-2005, 09:19 AM
At least Dean didn't spin the facts or he would have had to declare himself a Republican.
He would have had to use facts first.

By all means, keep this guy at the helm. At least he's more entertaining than McAuliffe.

The Ressurrected One
06-03-2005, 09:20 AM

Everyone knows that the financial industry, including those that will benefit most from managing W's proposed private accounts (you don't think they are going to do it for free now do you?), are big time RNC contributors.

Private accounts are kinda like borrowing money for retirement from your pension fund that you will have to pay back later in higher taxes, higher gas prices, higher borrowing costs, a higher cost of living and higher user-fees, but Republicans always gloss over the fact that it would cost taxpayers $2-4 billion over the first 10 years to implement W's idea of SS reform, which coincidently, does absolutely nothing to strengthen SS, but does insure that it will go broke much sooner.
Everyone knows you don't use the phrase, "...everyone knows..." when speaking of an issue with such a polarized set of views.

You're an idiot.

The Ressurrected One
06-03-2005, 09:22 AM
The Howard Dean being a money-repellant claim by wingers is full of shit too..
Republicans have raised $32 million in the first quarter of this year.

Dean is failing miserably...and the DNC movers and shakers are starting to sweat.

smackdaddy11
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
NBADanAllah defended nothing Dean said. He only went after TRO's analysis. What a shock.

The Ressurrected One
06-03-2005, 12:50 PM
NBADanAllah defended nothing Dean said. He only went after TRO's analysis. What a shock.
The fact remains, the RNC is out-pacing the DNC 2 to 1 in fundraising -- which is, any politician will tell you, the primary function of the DNC chair.

Nbadan
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
The fact remains, the RNC is out-pacing the DNC 2 to 1 in fundraising -- which is, any politician will tell you, the primary function of the DNC chair.

Do you mean that Corporations know what side of the bread their butter goes on? What a shock!

:hat

Nbadan
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM

I have no problem with anything Dean has said. Do you want to bring up a specific issue?

smackdaddy11
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
It wasn't enough for the president to try to wreck the public pension system that we had. It wasn't enough for him to try to turn over Social Security to the same people who brought us Enron, his good friends and political contributors.

Didn't know Lay and Skilling were going to control the money. Completely baseless statement. If you have money anywhere than under a mattress Allah, these people have YOUR money RIGHT NOW.

Pension plans ought not to be controlled by companies, they ought to be controlled by the people who those pensions belong to. That's the working people of America.

Sub the word governments for companies above and it's the same issue. I want the CHOICE of doing with MY MONEY what I want.

We'll start here. Spin away.

RandomGuy
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
...Strikes again!

Howard Dean addressed the Campaign For The America's Future's "Take Back America Conference" this morning. It was vintage Dean--an over the top stemwinder with no regard for facts or logic. A principal theme of the speech was retirement income, both Social Security and private pensions.

Here we go. Republicans CAN'T STAND Dean, because he tells truth to power and (gasp!) is passionate about his beliefs. Your diatribe will be fun to dissect.

What part of President Bush's proposed Social Security reform would "turn over Social Security to the same people who brought us Enron"? Presumably Dean is talking about private accounts. But those voluntary investments would be limited to approved bond and stock funds. Unless Dean thinks that all investments are somehow the same as "Enron," his charge makes no sense.

"Approved bond and stock funds" still have an element of risk. Deans painting of all of corporate america as somehow equivilant to Enron is a bit unfair, but the underlying principle is the same. SocSec is what it is because it is guaranteed. The fundamental principle that suckers like you have missed in your uncritical, blind acceptance of this Frankenstein proposal is that with ANY increased return, you MUST have increased risk.

Of course, that's just what President Bush's personal accounts would do: put retirement savings under the control of the "working people of America," just as 401(k) plans put retirement savings under the control of millions of Americans. If working people have a right to control their own retirement savings, then why isn't Dean supporting Bush's plan?

SocSec is different than retirement savings plans like pension funds et al. The difference is like replacing a safety net with a $100 reward for not falling down in the first place. The $100 reward is all well and good if you don't fall down. Boats are required to have lifevests for a reason.

Dean continues with this ludicrous charge:
Normally I would assume that this is the kind of thing Dean blurts out on the spur of the moment, without premeditation. Except here, his speech was largely devoted to talking about Enron, pension plans and Social Security, so it seems more likely that this patently false claim was scripted. As pretty much everyone knows, Enron's illicit activities occupied more or less the entire decade of the 90s. Within months after President Bush's inauguration, Enron announced its first billion dollar write-down, and an SEC investigation had been launched. I can only assume that Dean thinks the old rules are still in place, and because he is a Democrat, he can get away with saying anything.

POP QUIZ HOTSHOT:
1) Enron was headquarted in WHAT STATE?
2) GW Bush was Governor of WHAT STATE?
It is stretching the limits of credibility to think that the leading figure of a pro-business party would have NO ties whatsover to a multi-billion dollar company headquartered in his home state.
Enron was going on long before Bush was president, and Bush went out of his way to distance himself from Kenny-boy for a reason.
But since I assume you vote Republican you can get away with any kind of mindless spin at the expense of the truth.

Here's more:
Well, it is a serious problem. That's why the administration has proposed a package of reforms including stricter accounting rules and measures to shore up the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/16/national/main695329.shtml) reports:

And the Executive Director of the PBGC says (http://www.pbgc.gov/news/press_releases/2005/pr05_46.htm) that "[t]he funding-rule weaknesses highlighted in this [GAO] report are the very ones the Administration’s reform proposal would address."

Yay. This is one of the few initiatives of this administration that seems to have average people's interests in mind rather than pure corporate greed.

RandomGuy
06-05-2005, 10:24 PM
In short, I can nitpick your tirade, but the broader issue is much more simple than a bunch of details:

The guy is a politiion who used some rhetorical devices in a speech. Holy (stuff) Batman!!

La. Dee. Freakin. Do.

RandomGuy
06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep Howard Dean...

He's only good at trashing his opponents.. never to shine his own stinky ugly ass.

Astounding. You post this in a thread that villifies Howard Dean. This kind of tear-down is all the Republican Attack machine does on a day-in day-out basis. The disciplined focus on the attack is what is driving GOP sucesses, not that their ideas are somehow superior to the Democrats.
Right-wingers have villified the left in this country as this thread so aptly demonstrates, and the short-sighted policies that are being thrust on us will be judged harshly by history.

It is sad to see that so many have sucked in administration spin as the 100% unvarnished truth.

The Ressurrected One
06-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Seriously, if as Biden and Edwards say, Dean isn't the voice of the Democratic Party and, as is evidenced by the numbers, he can't raise money for the Democrats...just what the hell is he doing as chair of the DNC?

Nbadan
06-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Seriously, if as Biden and Edwards say, Dean isn't the voice of the Democratic Party and, as is evidenced by the numbers, he can't raise money for the Democrats...just what the hell is he doing as chair of the DNC?

Biden and Edwards might as well join Zell Miller and they can all have a roast for the NeoCons and praise the coming Americana Empire. There is a plauge in the Democratic Party and as long as Democrats like Edwards, and Biden get all weak kneed and fail to stand up to the failing policies of this administration, both domestically and in Iraq, the longer it will take for constituents to see Progressives as viable alternative.

RandomGuy
06-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Biden and Edwards might as well join Zell Miller and they can all have a roast for the NeoCons and praise the coming Americana Empire. There is a plauge in the Democratic Party and as long as Democrats like Edwards, and Biden get all weak kneed and fail to stand up to the failing policies of this administration, both domestically and in Iraq, the longer it will take for constituents to see Progressives as viable alternative.

Hallelujah.
Someone rescue us from the radicals that have taken over the GOP.

The Ressurrected One
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
...that breaks the camel's back? Yeeeeaaaaargh!

Fundraisers jilt Dean (http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/060705/fundraisers.html)

Three top fundraisers at the Democratic National Committee have resigned at a time when its chairman, former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, has come under fire from fellow Democrats for controversial comments and his Republican counterpart has raised more than twice as much money.

Democratic sources link the resignations to Dean’s decision to focus on raising money in small increments through the Internet, as he did during his 2004 presidential bid, and building up the party’s grassroots infrastructure while paying little attention to major Democratic donors.

But other Democrats say the first several months after a party’s losing presidential campaign are naturally a time of transition and it will take time for committee officials to get their “sea legs.”
Dean’s defenders also note that DNC fundraising is ahead of where it was at this point after the last presidential election, when Democrats could still raise unlimited amounts of soft money.

The committee’s finance directors for the two biggest hubs of Democratic fundraising have quit. Bridget Siegel, finance director for New York and the surrounding area, resigned last week, and Lori Kreloff, finance director for California, left the committee last month.

A third top DNC fundraiser, Nancy Eiring, the director of grassroots fundraising, has also resigned, citing strategic differences with aides to Dean, according to a report yesterday in ABC News’ “The Note.”
Siegel told The Hill that she remained at the DNC for the first few months of the year only to help with the transition to leadership under a new chairman and that “Dean is moving the party in a great direction.” Siegel will raise money for Andrew Cuomo’s race for New York attorney general.

Kreloff has set up her own consulting firm, LBK Consulting Inc., and has signed on Maryland Senate hopeful Rep. Ben Cardin (D) as a new client. She said Dean is “doing a wonderful job building the grassroots.”

Eiring did not return a call for comment.

Democratic fundraisers say that there is growing concern over what they call Dean’s lack of attention to major donors and that donors are much less likely to give money if they don’t have sufficient opportunity to meet with the party’s leadership.

“When you don’t have the chairman to fundraise with, or any principals of the leadership, you can’t get major donors to help you,” a veteran Democratic fundraiser said. “You want the leaders of the party to sit down with them so they can discuss their plan.”

“It’s frustrating to be the staff person in charge of that group,” the fundraiser said. “No one wants to stay in a job in which they’re not successful.” The fundraiser added that New York is a competitive place to raise money and that donors often demand detailed explanations of how the money will be spent.

Dean stressed Internet fundraising at a speech he delivered in Washington last week at a “Take Back America” convention of liberal activists and strategists sponsored by Campaign for America’s Future.

In that speech, Dean said many Republicans have “never made an honest living in their lives,” a remark that has prompted criticism from Republicans and caused such Democrats as Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del.) and former Sen. John Edwards (D-N.C.) to distance themselves from Dean.

Concern over Dean’s remarks has fused with concern over the party’s fundraising pace compared with that of Republicans.

Through the end of April, the DNC raised $18.2 million in total contributions, according to a report filed with the Federal Election Commission, although DNC officials say that $18.6 million is a more accurate total.

By comparison, the Republican National Committee has raised $42.6 million, according to FEC data — more than twice as much.

The disparity comes as a shock to many Democrats who touted the ability of Democrats to match roughly the GOP’s fundraising in last year’s election.

“Governor Dean is focusing on the major donors and the grassroots fundraising,” DNC spokeswoman Karen Finney said. “He meets with our major donors on all the trips.”

Finney said Dean was in San Francisco on Monday and attended an event with donors there. She added that Dean was in Seattle on Sunday; Montana on Saturday; and Kansas, Missouri and Atlanta on Friday and “in each of those places [is] reaching out to the major donors as well as the grassroots.”

Finney also said Dean has raised more money by this point in the presidential election cycle than any other DNC chairman had.

Through the first three months of this year, the DNC raised $14.1 million, ahead of the pace Chairman Terry McAuliffe set in 2001, when he raised $23.5 million in the first six months of that year.

But some donors say the party’s leadership has not been clear about its policy goals.

“What would the leaders of the Democratic Party like to do five years from now?” asked Steve Kirsch, a California-based donor and founder of InfoSeek.com. “You don’t know and nobody else knows, and that’s a problem.”

However, Steve Grossman, who was DNC chairman in the 1998 election cycle, defended Dean.

“In any period of new leadership, in any organization, there’s going to be a transition, a shakedown period, and people are going to find their sea legs over a period of time,” he said.

Pointing out that Dean traveled to Boston three and a half weeks ago to speak to about 100 major donors at two events, Grossman said, “People found him to be electrifying. They’re seizing on the message,” which Grossman described as “strategic, thoughtful and tactical.”

Joe Cari, DNC finance director in 2000 and a DNC member, said Dean is “doing a great job.”

“There is a transition period,” he added. “He’s clearly finding his footing as a chairman, but it takes a while. It takes a while to get the right people in place.”

I know, they're just a bunch of fuckin' Zell Millers...right?

Nbadan
06-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Howard Dean is the smartest man on the face of the earth or pretty damn close to it!

Anyone who thinks this man was making those derogatory comments spontaneously or flippantly is sorely underestimating Howard's brilliance. Howard knows just what he's doing. He knew very well what would take place after he made those speeches, and boy did he hit the jackpot. In the last couple of days I've heard things over and over on mainstream television media like "The Republican Party is the White Christian Party, Republicans have never worked hard, Bush is a liar".

It doesn't really matter who said it....what matters is that his words are being heard all over the corporate press.

When's the last time we've heard someone say such derogatory things about Republicans and have those words be repeated over and over on TV and in the newspapers? When's the last time we've seen MSM give so much attention to negative stereotyping of Republicans?

Right or wrong, Howard's words are STICKING, and it's got right wingers in a frazzle. For the first time in a long time, THEY'RE the ones on the defensive, and they really don't have anything to argue about. Hell, if they deny they're the white Christian party, they're going to turn off the backbone of their organization.

In two weeks time, average American Joe won't remember who said those things, but he'll just remember hearing all the derogatory things being said about Republicans on television and in the newspaper. Remember, folks, if you hear something over and over, sooner or later it sinks in, and whoever originally said it and whether its factual or not becomes irrelevant.

RandomGuy
06-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Howard Dean is the smartest man on the face of the earth or pretty damn close to it!

Anyone who thinks this man was making those derogatory comments spontaneously or flippantly is sorely underestimating Howard's brilliance. Howard knows just what he's doing. He knew very well what would take place after he made those speeches, and boy did he hit the jackpot. In the last couple of days I've heard things over and over on mainstream television media like "The Republican Party is the White Christian Party, Republicans have never worked hard, Bush is a liar".

It doesn't really matter who said it....what matters is that his words are being heard all over the corporate press.

When's the last time we've heard someone say such derogatory things about Republicans and have those words be repeated over and over on TV and in the newspapers? When's the last time we've seen MSM give so much attention to negative stereotyping of Republicans?

Right or wrong, Howard's words are STICKING, and it's got right wingers in a frazzle. For the first time in a long time, THEY'RE the ones on the defensive, and they really don't have anything to argue about. Hell, if they deny they're the white Christian party, they're going to turn off the backbone of their organization.

In two weeks time, average American Joe won't remember who said those things, but he'll just remember hearing all the derogatory things being said about Republicans on television and in the newspaper. Remember, folks, if you hear something over and over, sooner or later it sinks in, and whoever originally said it and whether its factual or not becomes irrelevant.

Yup. Dems have been a tad demoralized and disorganized. Dean seems to have tapped into a base of support that could potentially energize the party, and that makes a lot of the "business as usual" Dems nervous.

Please do keep attacking him and making his supporters angrier...

The Ressurrected One
06-09-2005, 01:15 PM

:lmao Oh, ahem...you're serious, aren't you? :lmao

RandomGuy
06-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Friday, June 10, 2005

Oops. The GOP really is all white, study proves it
by John in DC - 6/10/2005 12:13:00 PM

Seems that big tent looks more like a big white hood.

And, why does Howard Dean insist on telling the truth?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jessica Smith or Brendan McCarthy,
Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004 Fenton Communications

BEHIND TODAY'S FACADE OF DIVERSITY LIES
A NEARLY ALL-WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY

One Percent of Republican Legislators in the States And Washington are African-American or Hispanic[emphasis added]

Newspaper Ads Point to Retro Republican Reality

The uninformed viewer watching TV coverage of this week's Republican national convention in New York might come away thinking that the President's party is built upon a solid commitment to inclusion of racial minorities. Once again, as it does every four years, the Republican Party is trying to portray itself as a 'big tent,' with room for every American.

But a new book about America's political divisions notes that the 99 percent of all Republican legislators across the country and in Congress are white. The national Republican Party, whose base is in the South, the Plains and the Mountain states, looks to white men as its power base and source of leadership. Even when Republican states have significant minority populations, the elected Republican representatives rarely are drawn from those communities.

The Great Divide: Retro vs. Metro America, a new look at political divisions in America by educator-entrepreneur Dr. John Sperling, calls those states 'Retro America,' and notes: 'Its whiteness and maleness are mirrored in the Republican Party.'

Of 3,643 Republicans serving in the state legislatures, only 44 are minorities, or 1.2 percent. In the Congress, with 274 of the 535 elected senators and representatives Republican, only five are minorities - three Cuban Americans from Florida, a Mexican American from Texas and a Native American senator originally elected as a Democrat. [NOTE FROM JOHN: That means the GOP has elected ZERO blacks to Congress.]

'President Bush's home state leads the way. Texas, with a minority population of 47 percent, has 106 Republicans in the state legislature, but there are 0 blacks and 0 Hispanics among them,' Sperling writes. 'No major corporation doing business with the government could be so white without being subject to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) action!'

An advertisement appearing in the New York Times and Washington Post this week describes this 'Retro Republican Reality.' For more information and to download chapters of the Sperling book, go to www.retrovsmetro.org. Print editions of The Great Divide are on sale exclusively at amazon.com/greatdivide.

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005/06/oops-gop-really-is-all-white-study.html

Nbadan
06-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Let Dean Be Mean

Leading Democrats, including John Edwards, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Dianne Feinstein, have felt it necessary in the last week to distance themselves from Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean. True, Dean has spoken bluntly, as is his wont, about Republicans, particularly the Republican party leadership. One wonders though where these upright Democrats find the time and energy to publicly criticize one of their own during such trying times.

Further evidence, as if any more was needed, has emerged establishing that the war in Iraq was sold under false pretenses, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

A major news magazine has been discredited to divert attention from confirmed instances of Koran desecration in Guantanamo Bay prison, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Bush has nominated for our new U.N. Ambassador an individual who virulently opposes the very existence of the United Nations, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Osama bin Laden is still at large, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Ideologically extreme judicial nominees are being rammed through the Senate on the heels of a "compromise" meant to prevent Republicans from dismantling the rule of law in the legislative branch, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Social Security is in grave danger even while major corporations are pushing the burden of worker pensions and health care onto taxpayers, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Global warming is being ignored, evolution is being attacked, and embryonic stem cell research is being banned, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

The mainstream media has surrendered investigative journalism and integrity for tabloid reporting and the illusion of balance, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

The nation struggles under crushing gas prices thanks to an ineffective energy policy designed by the very oil, coal, and natural gas companies it enriches, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Republicans are successfully conducting class warfare through the tax code, providing ludicrous cuts to the most wealthy Americans at the expense of the lower and middle class, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Liars, crooks, and worse run amok in our government, but Democrats are speaking out against Dean.

Get your priorities straight, people. Stop pretending that there's a middle in U.S. politics anymore. The foxes are running the henhouse, yet you can't find anything more constructive to do than attack one of your own. If you're not willing to help our country out of this insanity, at least try not to destroy those courageous enough to try.

10000 Birds (http://10000birds.com/)

RandomGuy
06-11-2005, 09:28 AM
...Strikes again!

(bla bla bla, I hate democrats)

http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/nice_one.jpg

mookie2001
06-11-2005, 06:41 PM
yall and howard have a deal, he says what needs to be said, and yall call him crazy and off the left end. he doesnt care

GopherSA
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I personally hope that Dean continues to run his mouth and remain in power...forever.

He's the best campaign commercial a NEOCON like me could ever hope for!

zedman
06-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Do you mean that Corporations know what side of the bread their butter goes on? What a shock!

:hat

Too many people are wising up and won't put money into the sinking ship that the democratic has now become.

zedman
06-12-2005, 05:36 AM

Howard Dean, are you posting here now?

xrayzebra
06-12-2005, 01:35 PM

Well at least "W" has policies. The dim-o-craps have nothing but stonewalling tactics. Well some of them have one, close gitmo.
Some policy, where do you put all the inmates? Give them a ticket
to appear and release them into the general population like other illegals.

R2-D2
06-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I've been waiting for some dumb assed Repukes like you to validate Dean. You just did. Hopefully the rest of the country will drop the Dems and Repukes in congress. They fear Dean for the same reason. He's trying to upset their apple carts and actually elect people who represent someone other than themselves.
Who really gives a fuck what you think of Dean? You'll vote for who the RNC tells you to vote for and that's not likely to be a Democrat.
If we need help we know where to find you. Up Bush's ass.