PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on Bean's injury/status for tomorrow?

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Haven't heard much on it so far and I don't live in SoCal, so any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Game time decision. They won't hold him out if he can play regardless of the 3 days off after Orlando until Minnesota.

Of bigger concern is Barnes. He's having trouble with that knee.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Game time decision. They won't hold him out if he can play regardless of the 3 days off after Orlando until Minnesota.

Of bigger concern is Barnes. He's having trouble with that knee.

Sounds like Barnes is going to have knee problems the rest of this season, like Kobe and Drew last year

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Sounds like Barnes is going to have knee problems the rest of this season, like Kobe and Drew last year

Yep. I just hopes he guts it out like those two did, and doesn't insist on the knive again.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm sure Kobe will tell the media all about it, very soon, tbh..

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 08:45 PM

I bet you creamed yer jeans last night when you saw the replay and his ankle was on the wood. Huh?

But, frankly, didn't Odom look tall & resplendent whilst Kobe was back in the locker room?

tee, hee.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 08:47 PM

2/10 tbh

you're better than that

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I missed his injury, tbh, I only saw the replay of it..

I would definitely find it hilarious if any key Laker gets injured, though..obviously, you know that 'Seppe..

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
2/10 tbh

you're better than that

Based on past history, he'll be talking about it if he keeps shooting poorly, tbh..

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I missed his injury, tbh, I only saw the replay of it..

I would definitely find it hilarious if any key Laker gets injured, though..obviously, you know that 'Seppe..

I can't condemn there. I'm just as thrilled when a Spur goes down. It was almost orgasmic when Perkins went down last June. Almost like a gd miracle. Like a dream. I asked the old lady to pinch me, but, she said "no."

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Based on past history, he'll be talking about it if he keeps shooting poorly, tbh..

tbh a certain player complained of a mysterious arm injury in the ECSF last year which required no surgery or extensive medical treatment afterwards.

fwiw it may have just been voodoo

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 08:59 PM
tbh a certain player complained of a mysterious arm injury in the ECSF last year which required no surgery or extensive medical treatment afterwards.

fwiw it may have just been voodoo

And we hadn't heard about that event again until, well, tonite.

Mike Breen
03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I bet you creamed yer jeans last night when you saw the replay and his ankle was on the wood. Huh?

But, frankly, didn't Odom look tall & resplendent whilst Kobe was back in the locker room?

tee, hee.

Giuseppe for three.....

BANG! TIE GAME!

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 09:01 PM
And we hadn't heard about that event again until, well, tonite.

Once he took his talents to South Beach the elbow magically healed. That's the story, and who am I to dispute it?

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Lebron's elbow was diagnosed as a strain IIRC, but he said he was fine and that it wouldn't affect his game..

Giuseppe
03-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Giuseppe for three.....

BANG! TIE GAME!

Kobe will suck the air out of a space if you don't go with him. He ain't no babysitter. He's a man's man. It's not fun. It's not a game. It's not child care. Gasol, Odom, found that out, to their greater glory. Artest, he knew that afore he ever got there.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Lebron's elbow was diagnosed as a strain IIRC, but he said he was fine and that it wouldn't affect his game..

diagnosed by Dr. Maverick Carter

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:08 PM
diagnosed by Dr. Maverick Carter

:toast..

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
:toast..

:hat

I have an idea, stay tuned to the NBA Forum mah nigga

midnightpulp
03-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Kobe will suck the air out of a space if you don't go with him. He ain't no babysitter. He's a man's man. It's not fun. It's not a game. It's not child care. Gasol, Odom, found that out, to their greater glory. Artest, he knew that afore he ever got there.

But he still let Nash pull his pants down and take his cookie in '06. 3-1 lead, gone. Just like that.

tee, hee.

ElNono
03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
If he shots 4/28 then it's probably bothering him... otherwise, he's fine...

Beau
03-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Whatever he's doing, he's not sleeping. But it's only because of his competitiveness, as he can't receive the proper treatment while sleeping.

Also, he can overcome being sleep deprived because of his competitive drive. And when he shoots 30% from the field, that's 15% better than anyone could have shot under the same circumstance. It's because of his competitive drive - and a revolutionary tape job.

Baseline
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
The only logical next step for Bryant - post NBA career - is to start his own religion.

Let's see...I wonder who he'll pick as the deity?

Beau
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM
And he had to fly coach, since he stayed after the game to work on his shot - because of his competitiveness, drive...

midnightpulp
03-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Whatever he's doing, he's not sleeping. But it's only because of his competitiveness, as he can't receive the proper treatment while sleeping.

Also, he can overcome being sleep deprived because of his competitive drive. And when he shoots 30% from the field, that's 15% better than anyone could have shot under the same circumstance. It's because of his competitive drive - and a revolutionary tape job.

:lmao

Baseline
03-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Bryant's status for tomorrow is that he will be arrogant, selfish, overrated, and will shoot less than 40%.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Bryant's status for tomorrow is that he will be arrogant, selfish, overrated, and will shoot less than 40%.

:lol:toast..

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Also, when's that decrepit old fuck Ratliff coming back?

crc21209
03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Also, when's that decrepit old fuck Ratliff coming back?

That guy needs to give it up already...what is he like 45 now? :lol I guess it's hard for the old men to admit that they're old and need to hang em up already...

duncan228
03-13-2011, 11:33 PM
bNFl8F7GJ8E

..."I thought I was done, like done," Bryant said after the game, fearing he would be out for the rest of the season after suffering what he described as the scariest sprain he's ever had. "I was just praying that when I stood up my foot was lined up straight ... That scared the s--- out of me. I thought I dislocated it.

"We were all pretty scared s---less, to be honest with you because it looked horrible and it felt worse."

..."As soon as I stood up I was excited that my foot was still straight," Bryant said. "I was happy to see that it was lined up and then I walked in [the locker room] and said, 'OK, maybe it's just a sprained ankle and I can deal with it.' "

..."The ankle was already weak," Bryant said. "And it just went."

..."The strength felt good, I could push off on it," Bryant said. "It was still sore, so I had to stop being a chump and just suck it up and go out there and play."

...Bryant's ankle was taped after the game and he walked without the aid of any sort of crutch.

"It's pretty swollen, it's like a baseball outside of my ankle, but the strength is still good," Bryant said. "So even though it looks horrible, I can still push off of it and things like that."

..."It's going to be a situation that we'll have to watch for a couple days," Lakers head coach Phil Jackson said of Bryant's health. "We hope he's able to play on Monday.

"That was severe sprain. That was a severe accident that he had out there. We'll see his recovery. He's pretty good at recovering at things like that."

..."I'll just do what I always do: don't sleep, get treatment around the clock and I should be fine," Bryant said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6211456

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 11:41 PM
That guy needs to give it up already...what is he like 45 now? :lol I guess it's hard for the old men to admit that they're old and need to hang em up already...

No doubt

http://www.kornheiserscartel.com/uploaded_images/Tim-Duncan-sad-757571.jpg

DJ Mbenga
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
sounds like kobe will be fine. but strangely enough barnes doesnt look like he could play. he keeps hurting his knee