PDA

View Full Version : Fab Five Documentary

JamStone
03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Don't know who else is watching it, but so far it's pretty good. I think it's going to get more in depth. Chris Webber decided not to take part, but the other four guys are all giving commentary, plus Coach Fisher, and cameo documentaries from sports writers, coaches, and hip hop artists. An interesting start was each of the four guys admitting how much they hated Duke, how Jalen perceived Grant Hill, and how they all thought Laettner was a bitch/pussy.

I went to Michigan in 1993. Chris Webber had just left for the NBA draft. But I got to see Jalen and Juwan for one year, and Ray and Jimmy for another year. Such a long time ago, but brings back some college memories.

Seems like a pretty good documentary so far. I'm sure they'll get into the Ed Martin/money scandals.

Bill_Brasky
03-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Very good so far, these guys were fucking unbelievable.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2011, 09:43 PM
I was a white junior high kid from Yuma, Arizona and rocked the black Nike socks every game. When Juwan went pro, I got his first pair of Nikes. Loved that team.

Good thus far. Not in my top-3 as far as the docs go, but in my top-5. I've seen most of 'em.

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Is that guy the same coach who's at SDSU now?

JMarkJohns
03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Is that guy the same coach who's at SDSU now?

yes

DMX7
03-13-2011, 10:27 PM
He's done a good job at SDSU but I don't know if he'll ever get another high-profile job after that disaster and all the trouble they got it.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2011, 10:35 PM
He's like 70. That's what's going to kill his career aspirations. Besides, San Diego is a hotbed of talent for basketball. He's made SDSU. He's at a premier local. It's the perfect career-ending gig.

DesignatedT
03-14-2011, 12:11 AM
I enjoyed it although Jalen Rose is extremely fucking annoying.

Sisk
03-14-2011, 01:47 AM
So.. Chris Webber is an asshole.

Like that wasn't already known tbh

DesignatedT
03-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Why did Webber decide not to take part? Does it have something to do with the lawsuit?

ChuckD
03-16-2011, 07:42 PM
I enjoyed it although Jalen Rose is extremely fucking annoying.

Watching the not so Fab Five disparage Duke's black players as Uncle Toms made me embarrassed that I ever pulled for them. In retrospective, they were the low class hood rats everyone said they were.

Grant Hill totally destroys Jalen here (http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/) without even lobbing one insult. He shows the difference between an educated man and a thug.

Marklar MM
03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Watching the not so Fab Five disparage Duke's black players as Uncle Toms made me embarrassed that I ever pulled for them. In retrospective, they were the low class hood rats everyone said they were.

Grant Hill totally destroys Jalen here (http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/grant-hills-response-to-jalen-rose/) without even lobbing one insult. He shows the difference between an educated man and a thug.

Its great to see that you got the point that as 18 year old kids, they felt differently than they do today. :bang

Kyle Orton
03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
lol Grant Hill butthurt people calling him out for being an Uncle Tom

Kyle Orton
03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
:lmao the new name for the bracket in my yahoo league is gonna be "Uncle Tom's Bracket"

JoeTait75
03-17-2011, 12:43 PM
The Fab Five were a fake-ass UNLV. Everything they claimed they started, UNLV did it first and did it better.

And all Grant Hill has to say to Jalen Rose is "scoreboard." Duke beat that team every time they played them.