PDA

View Full Version : Which Fanbase has the biggest percentage of dumbasses?

apalisoc_9
03-14-2011, 05:28 AM
Discuss.

bluefoot
03-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Before the season Spurs fans were tempering their expectations by saying Tiago would be a 15 and 9 guy.

apalisoc_9
03-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Before the season Spurs fans were tempering their expectations by saying Tiago would be a 15 and 9 guy.

Saying Bynum is the next Kareem is dumber though.

Holden_Caulfield
03-14-2011, 05:59 AM
mavs still think they can win a championship. lol.

Technique
03-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Considering that 50% of the Lakers' fans are bandwagoners, that's a safe pick.

Ashy Larry
03-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Considering that 50% of the Lakers' fans are bandwagoners, that's a safe pick.

wouldn't disagree there ...... when they're on the road, half the arenas are in gold ........

ohmwrecker
03-14-2011, 09:26 AM
wouldn't disagree there ...... when they're on the road, half the arenas are in gold ........

The law of averages indicates that the team with most fans would likely have the largest amount of stupid people. The fact that it seems to be a source of pride is more disturbing.

Giuseppe
03-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Still & all, Wrecker, seeing that take place in San Antonio last week was vulgar & unsightly. Here in Phoenix I can understand it, if not condone it, but, in San Antonio? Even I was appalled.

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
If we're talking about which fanbase has the dumbest mainstream fans, it's easily Suns fans. There some Suns fans who know their shit, but the average Suns fan is someone I wanna perform a post-birth abortion on.

ohmwrecker
03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Still & all, Wrecker, seeing that take place in San Antonio last week was vulgar & unsightly. Here in Phoenix I can understand it, if not condone it, but, in San Antonio? Even I was appalled.

Meh . . . Spurs shrugged that off like it was nothing. Everybody gets their dick knocked in the dirt once in a while. Everybody. I wouldn't use it as a barometer if I were you. You would be bound for disappointment.

monosylab1k
03-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Rocket fans easily (:lmao 2nd seed!), but if you separate GNSF from regular Spur Fans, then GNSF would give Rocket fans a run for their money.

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Every fan base has it's share of dumb asses. Since the Spurs market is much smaller than say, LA's, and LA's is filled with a bunch of dumb ass bandwagoners and many rich persons who probably are immersed in other things than following basketball very seriously, safe to say LA has a way dumber fan base.

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM
We're winning!! !!

monosylab1k
03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
tbh only dumbasses would vote Laker fans over Rocket fans. or just Spurs fans with a vendetta.

Seriously, EVERY ROCKET FAN ON THIS SITE WAS CONVINCED THEIR TEAM WAS #2 IN THE WEST. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

If you don't vote Rocket Fan, you are an idiot. End of story.

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
tbh only dumbasses would vote Laker fans over Rocket fans. or just Spurs fans with a vendetta.

Seriously, EVERY ROCKET FAN ON THIS SITE WAS CONVINCED THEIR TEAM WAS #2 IN THE WEST. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE.

Yup.

But how many rockets fans of the entire fan base post regularly on this site??? I can barely think of a user name. I'd recognize maybe 1 or 2, but it's equally stupid for all of the non-Spur fans here to think Spurs fans are pretty stupid based on their experience on SPURSTALK.com ...don't you think?

If we all posted on any given non-Spur NBA team board, you'd see the same thing. People in general are stupid, so of course there will be a huge sum of dumb ass Spurs fans on this board.

I'd say most franchises that have never won much are relatively stupid. Not even poking at Dallas here, I'd say a good amount are probably knowledgeable, they've been a strong team during the past decade, just not much to show for it but they've been winning a lot nonetheless. One team that stands out to me is the Heat...that fan base prob has a ton of dumb asses, they won only 1 ship. Have been largely irrelevant otherwise, and now that a couple of stars hopped on board they're maybe paying attention more...yet they still can't sell out stadiums.

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Lets not act like winning championships makes fans smarter. Spurs fans have cornered the market on retarded opinions like Bosh > Amare.

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 12:37 PM

But ah, mono, is the poll asking about dumbasses with regard to basketball knowledge or dumbasses in general?

Remember, Lakerfan didn't figure out the "Shortest Books" thread until like 20 pages in. Even Rocketfan doesn't have that kind of black mark on their record. Then when consider that morons like Kool and history2b reside among their fanbase, this decision isn't as clearcut as it seems.

GoodOdor
03-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Overall laker fan base is probably the stupidest, but if we're talking %, or stupid-per-capita, easily rocket fan.

Spur fan really shoulden' beat his chest in this case, GNSF is wayyyyy up there, we're just lucky not many of them venture down here to post their "manu>dirk" and I woulden't trade manu for kobe!!!" opinions.

ohmwrecker
03-14-2011, 12:41 PM
I actually chose Spurfan by default, but then I remembered Rocketfan. I don't even see how this is a contest.

Go look in the mirror.

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Overall laker fan base is probably the stupidest, but if we're talking %, or stupid-per-capita, easily rocket fan.

Spur fan really shoulden' beat his chest in this case, GNSF is wayyyyy up there, we're just lucky not many of them venture down here to post their "manu>dirk" and I woulden't trade manu for kobe!!!" opinions.

And we do have koriwhat, which is something to consider.

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Tbh, every fan base has masses that are similar to GNSF. Go to AZCentral.com and there are a bunch of Suns fans who will tell you they wouldn't trade Grant Hill for Melo.

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 12:48 PM
If we're talking about which fanbase has the dumbest mainstream fans, it's easily Suns fans. There some Suns fans who know their shit, but the average Suns fan is someone I wanna perform a post-birth abortion on.

:lmao

True. It's why I wasn't really here during '07. I was busy on the ESPN board trolling their whiny asses after the WCSF. I don't know if you ever go over there, but Sunsnguns is probably the biggest moron in Suns funs history.

redzero
03-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Tbh, every fan base has masses that are similar to GNSF. Go to AZCentral.com and there are a bunch of Suns fans who will tell you they wouldn't trade Grant Hill for Melo.

...aren't you worried about team chemistry?

usdane
03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
After I saw this show on BBC http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/southern-discomfort

It became clear that the ingrown rednecks in San Antonio should win this pole. Although this clip is from Alabama it could just as easily have happened in San Antonio, Texas.

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 12:50 PM

True. It's why I wasn't really here during '07. I was busy on the ESPN board trolling their whiny asses after the WCSF. I don't know if you ever go over there, but Sunsnguns is probably the biggest moron in Suns funs history.
Suns fans on ESPN are giant morons. I used to troll them merely by being a Suns fan predicting the Suns would lose games.

ohmwrecker
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
After I saw this show on BBC http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/southern-discomfort

It became clear that the ingrown rednecks in San Antonio should win this pole. Although this clip is from Alabama it could just as easily have happened in San Antonio, Texas.

You should probably pipe down, bumpy. You aren't doing your fanbase any favors.

Kyle Orton
...aren't you worried about team chemistry?
Tbh, the average Suns fan thinks that team chemistry = having a team composed of honkies and oreos. The Suns' fanbase is probably more racist than the Jazz's fanbase.

midnightpulp
Suns fans on ESPN are giant morons. I used to troll them merely by being a Suns fan predicting the Suns would lose games.

lol.

The one good one in the bunch was TwistMoney, iirc. Oh, and GMATCallahan. A walking encyclopedia of b-ball knowledge.

ohmwrecker
03-14-2011, 12:53 PM
The Suns' fanbase is probably more racist than the Jazz's fanbase.

Not very surprising tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Which ever team is doing the best, be it current and/or historical usually has the highest concentration of d-bag fans

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Yeah, no. Your fanbase as recently as last night.

[On Kobe] When he retires he will go down as 1b.) to Jordan's 1a.).

Killakobe81
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Which ever team is doing the best, be it current and/or historical usually has the highest concentration of d-bag fans

This. and that soccer pic is still the goods. Been around for a few years but man oh man ...makes me wish I was David Beckham or Christiano ronaldo ... LOL ...

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
This. and that soccer pic is still the goods. Been around for a few years but man oh man ...makes me wish I was David Beckham or Christiano ronaldo ... LOL ...

I'm pretty sure Beckham no longer pulls the strange all that much, but definitely if your Ronaldo you're probably neck deep in the hottest jiggable pie imaginable.

Axe Murderer
03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I would probably say Mavfan.

The ones at this site happen to be badass, but in general, Mavfan is pretty clueless

Mike D
03-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Percentage wise, I'd say Miami. New fans showing up as fast as possible with little understanding of the game or rules.

Sheer numbers wise, LAL with Boston in 2nd. Since Boston became relevant again, they've become what Red Sox fans are to baseball.

Obstructed_View
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
The Yankees.

Seriously, how do you have any kind of poll like this without including Cleveland?

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 02:00 PM
We're running away with this poll...all we do is winning tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
03-14-2011, 02:04 PM
We're running away with this poll...all we do is winning tbh.

:lol

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I see my vote was correct

hater
03-14-2011, 03:12 PM
tbh, mavfan's takes were dumb as they come until they failed in epic fashion in 06, 07 and 08

Now after repeated misery and danger of more to come, mavfan is definitely not as dumb as rocket/laker/spur fan and choses their words carefully.

Reggie Williams
03-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Honestly its Lakers/Rockets and then Spurs.

90% of the Lakers dont know jack shit about basketball other than to masturbate to Baby Drew and Kobe.

Rockets fans - no comment is needed.

But then there are Spurs fans. The ones that go "Neal with it" or "Tiago will charge us to victory!" They also had the gold thread of members believing Tiago would be better than Blake Griffin and some still think Tiago will be beast if he gets minutes. They also rather keep George Hill than trading him for better options and believe Parker is the best PG in the NBA.

I'd say Mavs fans and Pistons fans are usually the most level headed although some Mavs fans do get out of control sometimes

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
tbh, mavfan's takes were dumb as they come until they failed in epic fashion in 06, 07 and 08

Now after repeated misery and danger of more to come, mavfan is definitely not as dumb as rocket/laker/spur fan and choses their words carefully.
lol Tiago Splitter

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I see my vote was correct

Correct on what? I assure you I know what would've been the correct stating of my response. I'm merely poking fun at the fact that the team I follow is leading the poll.

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
lol you really don't get it? damn son, take a look at the grammar of your post that i quoted. i even highlighted the mistake for you :wow cmon son, you're actually one of the better laker fans!

Maybe its antiquated, but I was using the Charlie Sheen phrase 'winning'...

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Glad you found humor in my post--but it wasn't non-intentional, TC. I was fully aware of what I was writing.

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
:lmao trying to justify a blatant grammar error

thats how we beaners winning in LA

LnGrrrR
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Percentage wise, I'd say Miami. New fans showing up as fast as possible with little understanding of the game or rules.

Sheer numbers wise, LAL with Boston in 2nd. Since Boston became relevant again, they've become what Red Sox fans are to baseball.

Red Sox have a LOT of stupid bandwagon fans, but they have a ton of intelligent fans too.

Frankly, every large fanbase will have idiots.

cheguevara
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Maybe its antiquated, but I was using the Charlie Sheen phrase 'winning'...

LOL Kyle + Tyson

dumbasses...

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 03:38 PM
lol butthurt i made fun of beaners

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I would have to say Boston. Their franchise was irrelevant for 22 years and suddenly, fans who only heard stories from their great granddaddies about their glory years showed up on the internet and expect respect for what happened 40+ to 50+ years ago. Even now, they are somehow clinging to the hopes of 2007-08 and don't see how they are getting older. They'll disappear in a year or so when the Celtics go back to being a first round loser or lottery team year in and year out.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Lakers, easily.

Who the hell bitches about 20k fans that you don't even know in the Staples Center not getting tacoes even though your team just won the game?

Beau
03-14-2011, 04:34 PM
If I were to just judge by the boards worst specimens, I'd go Houston, LA, SA and Dallas. There just aren't enough Suns, Pistons, Bulls, etc. to really say one way or the other.

I'd say in general the worst is between Houston and Phoenix, though, followed by LA. But even in LA's case their bandwagoners are passionate and have been witness to enough good basketball that more of them have at least a decent understanding of the game - even if their complete and utter fanboy cocksuckers outwardly.

Houston saw some good ball and had their success so I'm not sure WTF to make of their stupidity in general. Humidity? Water? Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler? Fuck if I know. Phoenix is just a bunch of transient fucks that couldn't care less about the city or game. It's a fuckin social event for most and their understanding is mostly put-the-ball-in-the-basket-more; and we're-getting-fucked-again. We've got some really good Suns fans here but even DoK knows how rare they are in the grand scheme of things

Spurfan has seen a significant spike at the top of the food chain with all of their recent success, the understanding of the game and it's intricacies has become much greater, but we've still got plenty of dregs. SA has always been a pretty lazy, front-running town when it comes to their team. Laid back, lazy, a little of both... whatever. But the Spurs are viewed as almost family rather than someone they need to push for greatness or demand excellence from - they ain't no Chicago or old-school NY fan. Spoiled as they've become, it's more spoiled than demanding. And no matter how successful the Spurs become, you'll never beat the small-market complexes that have been bred into them after all these years - it's like the remnants of racism, only butthurt.

Mavfan is alot like Spurfan was in the '90s: persecuted, beaten down. Highly successful team perceived as a failure by most. Great, great player leading the franchise, but one that constantly gets shat upon, largely unfairly. The most rabid fans are usually pretty fuckin knowledgeable, which tends to be the case when you consistently get your heart broken and keep coming back for more. You start trying to figure out how you could fix the shit. You start seeking out more stats and CBA-type shit, watching tape and whatnot, anything that has you feeling like you can better understand and/or rationalize all that's going on. But the persecution complex and butthurt shades a lot of even the most rational of fans. Instead of looking for the real reasons why their team didn't come through, they start looking for reasons why they couldn't come through - conspiracy theories, not having the players and a host of other mitigating factors.

The best fans I've come across, as a whole, would be Bulls fans. Loyal as fuckin hell, sell that arena out regardless of their team's talent, and they demand a quality product/effort. They're the best of New York with less of a douchebag factor, imo. Generally speaking, that is.

tl;dr....

cobbler
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Lakers, easily.

Who the hell bitches about 20k fans that you don't even know in the Staples Center not getting tacoes even though your team just won the game?

It's what we do. The little things to keep you amused going through the everyday doldrums of a regular season on the way to titles. :toast

LnGrrrR
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
I would have to say Boston. Their franchise was irrelevant for 22 years and suddenly, fans who only heard stories from their great granddaddies about their glory years showed up on the internet and expect respect for what happened 40+ to 50+ years ago.

Eh, I don't think many of the Celtics fans on this board talk ring smack. Maybe in the general populace.

And a few of us were raised in the 80's, and watched Larry Bird/McHale/Parish. It's not like ALL our glory years were in the '60s.

Even now, they are somehow clinging to the hopes of 2007-08 and don't see how they are getting older. They'll disappear in a year or so when the Celtics go back to being a first round loser or lottery team year in and year out.

Apart from ESPN idiots, what Bostonfan thinks that this team will be perennial contenders? In fact, most of the people were pissed about the Perkins trade for this very reason; it had an "eye on the future" feel to it, even though it's obvious that the Big 3 are all a year or two away from retiring/irrelevancy.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
It's what we do. The little things to keep you amused going through the everyday doldrums of a regular season on the way to titles. :toast
Spoiled bitch.

Beau
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Boston fans are hit and miss. Largely most come across as pretty obnoxious, but they are pretty fucking knowledgeable, and some of the best to have a conversation with when they don't feel threatened. They can insult the fuck out of their guys all they want, but that's because they're their guys. They can get bent quick if you're believed to be speaking out of place. :lol

LnGrrrR has to be one of the more likable, even-keel Boston fans I've come across. Detroit fans have to be some of the more solid ones in terms of knowledge and just being able to tell it like it is... failed to mention those cats.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
03-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Eh, I don't think many of the Celtics fans on this board talk ring smack. Maybe in the general populace.

And a few of us were raised in the 80's, and watched Larry Bird/McHale/Parish. It's not like ALL our glory years were in the '60s.

Apart from ESPN idiots, what Bostonfan thinks that this team will be perennial contenders? In fact, most of the people were pissed about the Perkins trade for this very reason; it had an "eye on the future" feel to it, even though it's obvious that the Big 3 are all a year or two away from retiring/irrelevancy.
This board has pretty cool Celtics fans. I look all over the net at basketball posts, and what I say seems true; elsewhere.

Some Celtics fans think when the big 3 hangs it up, Rondo will be joined by another big 2 and the titles will flow. They give Ainge too much credit.

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Out of all the games that I've been to @ Staples, I don't think I've ever collected the Jack in the Box taco tickets for myself. Usually, I'll give the coupons to my co-workers or relatives since they seem to enjoy the tacos more than I do. I've only been to a few games that haven't been awarded the tacos.

rayjayjohnson
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
The law of averages indicates that the team with most fans would likely have the largest amount of stupid people. The fact that it seems to be a source of pride is more disturbing.

Yes, but the question is about percentages, and the law of averages would suggest it's the same

LnGrrrR
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
This board has pretty cool Celtics fans. I look all over the net at basketball posts, and what I say seems true; elsewhere.

Fair enough.

Some Celtics fans think when the big 3 hangs it up, Rondo will be joined by another big 2 and the titles will flow. They give Ainge too much credit.

Those fans are part of the idiot percentage. :lol

The Gemini Method
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I put Boston...but in reality, I don't really keep track of whom are the worst of their team's fanbases. Lng is a pretty chill Celtic fan...though it's hard to imagine saying that... ;)

apalisoc_9
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
The question is about percentage.

So i'd go with the rockets. But i'd put it this way.

Rocketfan, is adam morriosn, renaldo balkman or some other shitty player that takes 2-3 shots and misses them all, which gives them a 100% missing, in this threads case dumbass percentage.

Lakerfans, is like Chris Bosh in a period. Takes 18, and converts 1. That's 95 percent of dumbasses.

Kai
03-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Probably bigger percentages for LA or somewhere, but from personal experience it just seems like for every smart Rockets fan, there are 3 dumb mother fuckers rooting for my team too. That's not even including China...

TE
03-15-2011, 03:14 AM
LA by far.

TinTin
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Some spurs fans here were claiming george hill would turn out like derrick rose :lmao

Mavs22690
03-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Only 3 votes for the Heat? O_o