PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann's newest face palm moment.

RandomGuy
03-14-2011, 01:18 PM
New York – The Minnesota Republican claims New Hampshire was "the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord." Uh, doesn't she mean Massachussets?

Rep. Michele Bachmann's (R-Minn.) presidential ambitions may be on the rise, but so is her tendency to commit embarrassing gaffes. This weekend, the Tea Party darling twice told audiences in New Hampshire that the shot "heard around the world in Lexington and Concord" was fired in their state. In fact, the famous Revolutionary War battle took place in Massachusetts. Bachmann later apologized via Facebook: "It was my mistake, Massachusetts is where they happened," she wrote. "New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it!" Will this error set her back? (Watch an ABC report about Bachmann's gaffe)

This will cost her in New Hampshire: The error already being called "the gaffe heard 'round the internet" won't impress "famously flinty" New Hampshire Republicans, says Robert Schlesinger at U.S. News and World Report. The group is "enormously self-serious about their role in the presidential nomination process" — and they hold the nation's crucial first primary. "Perhaps after Bachmann badly loses the New Hampshire primary she'll exhort her followers: 'Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!'"
"Michele Bachmann butchers American history in New Hampshire"

No, this will simply get people talking: Say what you like about this "bona fide" mistake, says Dave Weigel at Slate, it has got people buzzing about the 2012 hopeful. Politico's report on the goof already had 3,000 Facebook 'likes' by first thing Monday morning. That's a "token of Bachmann's ability to make news," and proof that "lots of liberal readers took time away from their weekends to gawk."
"Bachmann: New Hampshire's similar to Minnesota because 'we're a caucus state, also'"

Her past mistakes are even worse: In fairness to Bachmann, says The Economist, confusing New Hampshire with Massachusetts is "an easy mistake to make." It's her earlier, "astonishingly ignorant" gaffe — claiming that America's founding fathers "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States" — that was truly harmful. This "latest mangling of American history" is just more grist for the mill."The rot heard round the world"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/theweek/20110314/cm_theweek/213128

-------------------------------------------

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=1317

Oh, Gee!!
03-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Bachmann: I'm proud to be here in New Hampshire, the Home of the Alamo!!!

Wild Cobra
03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Random....

Why don't you advertise Obama gaffs when they occur?

TeyshaBlue
03-14-2011, 01:42 PM
New Hampshire is up there in the panhandle right next to Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Borger.

RandomGuy
03-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Random....

Easy question to answer: you, Yoni, and Darrin do it for me. No good gaffe goes unposted, so it seems to me to be a duplication of effort.

Duh.

DMX7
03-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Most of Obama's gaffes are obvious slips of the tongue. Bachmann is a brain dead idiot who would defend most of her spew if your forced her to. I doubt Obama is going to argue that there are 57 states even though it probably feels that way after all the traveling he does.

Wild Cobra
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Easy question to answer: you, Yoni, and Darrin do it for me. No good gaffe goes unposted, so it seems to me to be a duplication of effort.

Duh.
No, there have been several that have gone by without us wasting our time on such mundane things.

Do you really want us to start a thread for every one of his gaffs? I think this forum would be swamped...

RandomGuy
03-14-2011, 03:36 PM
No, there have been several that have gone by without us wasting our time on such mundane things.

Do you really want us to start a thread for every one of his gaffs? I think this forum would be swamped...

Respectfully:

gaffe, with an "e".

I think what constitutes a "gaffe" for you from Obama is probably a pretty low bar. Feel free to post threads that no one will read or care about. :toast

RandomGuy
03-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Most of Obama's gaffes are obvious slips of the tongue. Bachmann is a brain dead idiot who would defend most of her spew if your forced her to. I doubt Obama is going to argue that there are 57 states even though it probably feels that way after all the traveling he does.

True. I dont' think Obama was ever under the impression that the Founding Fathers ever worked tirelessly to aboloish slavery.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I wonder if he's stated "e pluribus unum" is the us motto in all 57 states?

ploto
03-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Massachusetts is where they happened," she wrote. "New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it!"

How stupid of a response... Someone explain her appeal to me.

Spurminator
03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Massachusetts is where they happened," she wrote. "New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it!"

How stupid of a response... Someone explain her appeal to me.

She's on the team.

LnGrrrR
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I can not believe people still defend her. That should be basic history.

LnGrrrR
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Random....

What's his latest gaffe, by the way?

fraga
03-15-2011, 08:29 AM
How the hell did I miss this???

MaNuMaNiAc
03-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Can you name them? This is an honest question. I want to know

RandomGuy
03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Can you name them? This is an honest question. I want to know

That question occurred to me as well.

It seems the worst of them was that of a very tired candidate misstating the number of states in the US.

I dont' think even partisan fucktards believe that he thinks there are 57 states in the US.

You may have missed though, WC does think Obama was referring to the number of Islamic states in the world (some islamic country organisation coincidentally has the same number of official members), in a secret slip-up, because, you know, Obama is a secret muslim. Or something.

Have to subscribe to that thread, it was more comedy gold. :lol