PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson - Kobe Bryant no Michael Jordan

Indazone
03-14-2011, 07:47 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-03-14/phil-jackson-says-kobe-bryant-not-in-michael-jordans-company

With Kobe Bryant having won five NBA titles, one away from Michael Jordan’s six, the comparisons between the two are inevitable. But Phil Jackson, who coached Bryant’s Lakers and Jordan’s Bulls to all 11 of their combined titles, thinks Jordan is in his own stratosphere and that the conversations comparing the two stars should stop.

"Kobe has patterned himself after Michael, and there are a lot of identical things there,” Jackson told the Los Angeles Times, “but it's one thing to hope to be like him, it's another thing to be like him."

Kobe Bryant earns high praise from Phil Jackson, but the Lakers coach says his current star should not be compared to Michael Jordan. (AP photo)
"I'm with (ESPN's) Bill Simmons on this," he added. "We have to take Michael Jordan out of the equation. Stop comparing anyone to Michael Jordan. It's just not fair. He was remarkable. ...

"(Kobe) doesn't shoot the same percentage (.455) as Michael (.497). He has the same characteristics as Michael, but he's not the same player. It takes nothing away from him — he's a great player in his own right.

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/62/180385/23756-330-0.jpg

:lmao

lefty
03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
No shit.

Giuseppe
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Jordan is locked at 6.

Bryant already has 5, + Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest, Fisher + Buss' riches at his command.

It ain't over yet. Not by a long shot.

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-03-14/phil-jackson-says-kobe-bryant-not-in-michael-jordans-company

With Kobe Bryant having won five NBA titles, one away from Michael Jordan’s six, the comparisons between the two are inevitable. But Phil Jackson, who coached Bryant’s Lakers and Jordan’s Bulls to all 11 of their combined titles, thinks Jordan is in his own stratosphere and that the conversations comparing the two stars should stop.

"Kobe has patterned himself after Michael, and there are a lot of identical things there,” Jackson told the Los Angeles Times, “but it's one thing to hope to be like him, it's another thing to be like him."

Kobe Bryant earns high praise from Phil Jackson, but the Lakers coach says his current star should not be compared to Michael Jordan. (AP photo)
"I'm with (ESPN's) Bill Simmons on this," he added. "We have to take Michael Jordan out of the equation. Stop comparing anyone to Michael Jordan. It's just not fair. He was remarkable. ...

"(Kobe) doesn't shoot the same percentage (.455) as Michael (.497). He has the same characteristics as Michael, but he's not the same player. It takes nothing away from him — he's a great player in his own right.

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/2/62/180385/23756-330-0.jpg

Kobe a better human being...MJ allegedly got his dad, who allegedly fucked his own daughter killed....Kobe should never be compared with this clan....

Not Ever....Now Marinate on dem apples....:lmao

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Kobe's a fine player, but the two players are simply on different tiers.

ezau
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Is this news? Laker fans are the only ones idiot enough to compare Kobe to MJ.

Pippen>>>Kobe

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Shit, Medvedenko's only basketball take being trashed by his own team's coach. What's he gonna post about now?

ALVAREZ6
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
crofl

kobe probably butthurt as hell

lefty
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Shit, Medvedenko's only basketball take being trashed by his own team's coach. What's he gonna post about now?

Reck
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Jordan is locked at 6.

Bryant already has 5, + Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest, Fisher + Buss' riches at his command.

It ain't over yet. Not by a long shot.

What's not over?

Kobe is good.

Jordan is supreme.

Takes a leak on Kobe any day of the week.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2011, 08:28 PM
While it's true that Jordan is levels above Kobe, Phil Jackson's opinion is a little biased, tbh..it's evident that Phil detests Kobe..

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
While it's true that Jordan is levels above Kobe, Phil Jackson's opinion is a little biased, tbh..it's evident that Phil detests Kobe..

you mean to tell me that after all I've done the past few days you niggas still haven't learnt the art of war.....GTFO....Phil is doing nothing but pushing Kobe over the 3 peat line...giving him just the fuel he needs....so that Phil can be immortalized...:lol

When you niggas truly ready to learn from me how this shit works then holla at me...:lol

Kyle Orton
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Someone needs to whip out that Wennington troll.

Giuseppe
03-14-2011, 08:37 PM
you mean to tell me that after all I've done the past few days you niggas still haven't learnt the art of war.....GTFO....Phil is doing nothing but pushing Kobe over the 3 peat line...giving him just the fuel he needs....so that Phil can be immortalized...:lol

When you niggas truly ready to learn from me how this shit works then holla at me...:lol

Testify, Brother Kool, testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lefty
03-14-2011, 08:38 PM

Laker fan's belief system has been shattered by Jackson

Giuseppe
03-14-2011, 08:38 PM
What's not over?

Kobe is good.

Jordan is supreme.

Takes a leak on Kobe any day of the week.

Ain't over yet, Daddy. Jordan is stuck at 6.

Bryant has many years left.

lefty
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
You tell 'em, Phil

Koolaid_Man
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Laker fan's belief system has been shattered by Jackson

fuck off lefty...:lol u wrong dawg....

lefty
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
fuck off lefty...:lol u wrong dawg....
:lol

cobbler
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Yeah no shit! One would only have to look at the previous 4 sentences of the article the OP no doubt just happened to miss on the cut and paste. OBSES...

"I hope I have no regrets about coming back this year. When I saw how Kobe was struggling physically last year, Fish [Derek Fisher] was getting older," and then he stops himself and brings the conversation back to Bryant.

"Kobe was really hurt; people don't give him enough credit. He's a remarkable person, remarkable."

"Do you like him?" I ask.

"It's not about liking him," he says. "It's about admiring his courage. There's only one individual I know that's like that, and that's Michael Jordan...

Yeah... lot of detest there.

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah no shit! One would only have to look at the previous 4 sentences of the article the OP no doubt just happened to miss on the cut and paste. OBSES...

"I hope I have no regrets about coming back this year. When I saw how Kobe was struggling physically last year, Fish [Derek Fisher] was getting older," and then he stops himself and brings the conversation back to Bryant.

"Kobe was really hurt; people don't give him enough credit. He's a remarkable person, remarkable."

"Do you like him?" I ask.

"It's not about liking him," he says. "It's about admiring his courage. There's only one individual I know that's like that, and that's Michael Jordan.

Courage =/= playing ability.

cobbler
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Courage =/= playing ability.

Not talking about courage or play. HoBoy is always posting that PJ detests Kobe and yet that simply isnt the truth. Nothing more.

Ill leave the kobe MJ GOAT debates for all you. Neither is im my opinion. In fact, neither is in my top 3.

I like Kobe's playing ability just fine.

midnightpulp
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Not talking about courage or play. HoBoy is always posting that PJ detests Kobe and yet that simply isnt the truth. Nothing more.

Ill leave the kobe MJ GOAT debates for all you. Neither is im my opinion. In fact, neither is in my top 3.

I like Kobe's playing ability just fine.

To be fair, you can still despise someone and make an honest observation about them.

I personally don't think Phil despises Kobe, so that's for you and Harlem to debate (best feud on Spurstalk).

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Phil's comments about Kobe, in his book, which was the only time he wasn't employed by the Lakers(since he first developed a relationship with Kobe), speak volumes about his feelings about Kobe..

Implying that somebody is a rapist is :lol..

Indazone
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Kobe hotdogging, abandoning the triangle pissing off PJ and factor in the fact that PJ said Artest understands the Triangle better than Kobe, it's clear to everyone that PJ is firmly in Kobe's corner and in the same class as MJ.
:lol

cobbler
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Phil's comments about Kobe, in his book, which was the only time he wasn't employed by the Lakers(since he first developed a relationship with Kobe), speak volumes about his feelings about Kobe..

Implying that somebody is a rapist is :lol..

Oh you mean that book written directy after he got fired? Yeah, I'm sure that was real objective. And when he comes out with his book next year praising Kobe, what will you say then?

ElNono
03-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh you mean that book written directy after he got fired? Yeah, I'm sure that was real objective. And when he comes out with his book next year praising Kobe, what will you say then?

You might have not noticed, but you're agreeing with Harlem...

ElNono
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
And the comparison was over when Kome lost his first NBA finals...

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm speaking about an actual book, with content that has already been released, for the public to read..you're speaking about a hypothetical book that hasn't even been released, and probably hasn't even been written, and you're speculating about the subject and nature of the content..

Phil's latest REAL book completely bashes Kobe, portrays him as a piece of shit..

cobbler
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
To be fair, you can still despise someone and make an honest observation about them.

True, but volunteering the info and expanding to such a degree would seem out of the norm to me. I think they have patched thier ways and PJ has seen his faults in how he sided with Shaq. Just my opinion...

and PJ's. But HoBoy is certainly entitled to his opinion.

cobbler
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm speaking about an actual book, with content that has already been released, for the public to read..you're speaking about a hypothetical book that hasn't even been released, and probably hasn't even been written, and you're speculating about the subject and nature of the content..

Phil's latest REAL book completely bashes Kobe, portrays him as a piece of shit..

And PJ's latest comments are all about how he handled that all wrong, shouldnt have sided with Shaq, and how the two have made ammends.

From the mans lips himself.

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Was he employed by the Lakers when he made those comments?..

Bito Corleone
03-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Phil's right, but he's still just playing his usual media mind games to get Kobe to step up his game and play smarter basketball down the stretch.