View Full Version : Spurs: 2-3 FT Heat: 14-15 FT

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Joey Crawford,

http://moore.ibnsports.com/image.axd?picture=2010%2F3%2Fdrano.jpg

Chug it, bitch.

ShoogarBear
03-14-2011, 08:11 PM
The Spurs are as much to blame for that as anybody.

PublicOption
03-14-2011, 08:12 PM
the league is bullshit........can we all agree. please.

roller derby, wrestling and NBA basketball= BULLSHIT......and we all know it.

crc21209
03-14-2011, 08:14 PM
TP and Manu had a couple drives to the basket, but other than that the Spurs have settled for too many jumpers. However, the Heat are going to the line on jump-shots though since you can't even breathe on Wade...

PublicOption
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I just don't why we all can't just admit it.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Tony, Manu and Dejuan got mauled a ton in the 1st quarter/early 2nd but when we realized they weren't ever going to give us a call they quit trying to actually make shots in the paint.

Meanwhile, the NBA's beloved darling gay couple and their gay tagalongs get breathed on and the whistle blows. And blows. Even when George Hill gets assaulted by Wade it's a foul on George.

lefty
03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
The Spurs are as much to blame for that as anybody.
This.

v2freak
03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Anybody catch Wade fall on top of Hill, only to get FTs out of it? Even Hubie Brown found it surprising.

Ace
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/preparation_h.jpg

Solid D
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
The calls were a bit unbalanced, no doubt. The Spurs tested the lane plenty in the first half but the Heat are just playing great defense. They are doubling the ball both inside and out and working hard to recover. It would certainly help if the Spurs could knock down a 3.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/preparation_h.jpg
And you sir shall drink my cum you shitbuying waste of carbonate.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Spurs: 3 - 4
Heat: 19 - 20

Tim gets raked across the chest and neck by Wade, no call.
Bosh barely gets touched and they give him that call. Twice.
Tony gets bludgeoned and they give him the turnover.
Manu barely cuts underneath Wade and they call him for his 3rd foul.

Crawford's a cunt.

PublicOption
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Pop needs to be through out of this game right NOW.

PublicOption
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
thrown out.

jay_shs
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
That's it. If the Spurs don't win the championship this year and it's due to the refs I'm raping all the babies in Stern's family. This is fucking ridiculous.

Ace
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Its the refs fault :cry:cry:cry

Spurs rock
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Shades of the 2006 NBA Finals....

v2freak
03-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Shades of the 2006 NBA Finals....

That's immediately what I thought of too. Over the limit in fouls by the half way point in the quarter.

Ace
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
More like the age is showing...

Greg Oden
03-14-2011, 09:06 PM
:(

K-State Spur
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Its the refs fault :cry:cry:cry

Nope - Heat outplayed the Spurs in every way tonight and the victory was deserved.

Was still god awful officiating nonetheless.

v2freak
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM

Are you lost? http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Pretty tough game to watch. I had the Red Sox-Yankees preseason game on return and it was probably shorter than the Spurs-Heat game due to all the stopping for free throws. Heat were hitting jumpers and nailing inside shots. They made fewer sloppy passes too.

SenorSpur
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Their lack of FT attempts had nothing at all to do with officiating - it was from the Spurs own lack of aggression and passive play. Officials usually reward the aggressor.

cd98
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Correlation between high number of three point attempts and low number of free throw attempts?

howbouthemspurs
03-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Saw three extremely obvious charging fouls on wade, labron, and Bosh! All against ginobili. Very sad officiating.

BlackSwordsMan
03-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Kinda hard to get FT's when you only jump shoot.

Ace
03-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Their lack of FT attempts had nothing at all to do with officiating - it was from the Spurs own lack of aggression and passive play. Officials usually reward the aggressor.

The goods :toast

DawgMilkX
03-14-2011, 10:47 PM

When they did drive they got hacked. They weren't getting the calls like the Heat so they kinda gave up the drive and resorted to jump shooting. Hell Hubie was confused with a bunch of the calls that went against the Spurs even some no calls that he thought should have been called. Then again I don't think the Spurs really get to play when Crawford is officiating.

v2freak
03-14-2011, 11:34 PM
You know it kinda looked to me the Heat were playing something resembling a 2-3 zone at times. They were loose on the perimeter and were allowing Spurs players to shoot, only the jumper wasn't there for them today. The Heat blocked the few layup attempts of the Spurs and got most of the defensive rebounds to be had. A couple times, the Heat kept some guards back so they could start a fast break. Hence, the high number of jump shots from the Spurs. Also, Wade's block on Duncan was HUGE. Duncan needs to go strong with that.

Also I want to point out the charge on Ginobili when he did try to get to the rim was a huge momentum killer. On the other end, Ginobili fell over (either by force or acting ability, I don't know) thanks to Bosh, James and others. No-call. That sends a pretty big message right there.

greyforest
03-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Spurs: 3 - 4
Heat: 19 - 20

Tim gets raked across the chest and neck by Wade, no call.
Bosh barely gets touched and they give him that call. Twice.
Tony gets bludgeoned and they give him the turnover.
Manu barely cuts underneath Wade and they call him for his 3rd foul.

Crawford's a cunt.

Can anyone think of any other sport where the names of the referees are common knowledge?

Can anyone think of any other sport that's as frequently accused of being rigged?

v2freak
03-14-2011, 11:54 PM
The most interesting thing is that the final box score showed an almost equal number of FTA by both teams. Too bad the Spurs got FTAs when it didn't matter anymore. As people say, it's a shame they "chose to be aggressive" at the very end of the game.

ElNono
03-14-2011, 11:55 PM
We better hold on to that HCA... it's no guarantee, but to say home cooking doesn't exist in the NBA is simply retarded. Every team gets it.

crc21209
03-14-2011, 11:55 PM

FWIW Wade went to the line about 4 times during the night off of jump-shot fouls and even fucking Chalmers got "fouled" shooting a jump-shot....

crc21209
03-14-2011, 11:56 PM
We better hold on to that HCA... it's no guarantee, but to say home cooking doesn't exist in the NBA is simply retarded. Every team gets it.

+1. But damn, Wade at home in Miami with home-cooking refs, and the Heat are damn near unbeatable....

Phenomanul
03-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Does anybody know what the Spurs record is in games officiated by Joey Crawford since his reinstatement?

Can't keep a mental tab, but it seems like he has handed us a 2-15 deficit in that span...

If I were the Spurs FO I would boycott any playoff game where Joey was assigned as ref... :bang

rascal
03-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Does anybody know what the Spurs record is in games officiated by Joey Crawford since his reinstatement?

Can't keep a mental tab, but it seems like he has handed us a 2-15 deficit in that span...

If I were the Spurs FO I would boycott any playoff game where Joey was assigned as ref... :bang

A boycott will result in a forfieted loss.

lefty
03-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Correlation between high number of three point attempts and low number of free throw attempts?
Pretty much

lefty
03-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I agree

I just hope we won't face the 1995 Rockets in the playoffs :(

Shank
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow.

jay_shs
03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Mavs fans feelin our pain.

Phenomanul
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
A boycott will result in a forfieted loss.

I wasn't being serious...

Just pissed at the obvious... and that the league doesn't care that such blatant bias exists (regardless of who the Spurs are playing against - NBA darlings or not)...

Horse
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
How bout wade's block on Duncan they keep showing, he fucking front palm thrusted him in the solar plexus with his left had before blocking it with his right(no call) if I could do that and get away with it I'd lead the league in blocked shots.

duncan228
03-15-2011, 12:44 PM
How bout wade's block on Duncan they keep showing...

It's the Block of the Night.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2011/03/14/20110314_botn.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

widowmaker
03-15-2011, 01:14 PM
That was a shitty ass game with shitty refs.

LakerHater
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
It's the Block of the Night.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2011/03/14/20110314_botn.nba/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2
That was an AWESOME block, It seemed Wade stayed hangin in the air!!

crc21209
03-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Shit, is it Friday yet? It's going to take forever to get here...:lol

Solid D
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
That was an AWESOME block, It seemed Wade stayed hangin in the air!!

If you look at the close-up view from the baseline and pause/unpause in rapid fashion, notice how Wade never touches the ball until well after the initial collision. The collision weakens the shot as it is coming out of Tim's hand, enabling Wade to get to it.

LakerHater
03-15-2011, 05:54 PM
If you look at the close-up view from the baseline and pause/unpause in rapid fashion, notice how Wade never touches the ball until well after the initial collision. The collision weakens the shot as it is coming out of Tim's hand, enabling Wade to get to it.
It looked like Wade kinda pushed Tim down!

navyfrogman
03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
i'm sick of watching games like this. The league is already having issues with fan support and ect. some may say david stern has done alot for the nba but i think in reality he's running it into the ground. I think it's ridiculous that certain stars in this league are protected by the ref's so much. if it wasn't for the spurs i would really careless about the nba as a whole. Even though baseball and football has had their share of black eyes " recent on going nfl lockout " they do not seem to baby their superstars as much as the nba. Over the years the nba has made this to obvious. Last nights game after a while just became unwatchable. The foul calls get to be so outragous; i think some of the players on the court just give up. The game is supposed to be 5 on 5, not 5 on 8. The nba is like our galaxy and david stern is god.

Beau
03-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Tuned out middle of the second. Spurs didn't show up, knew it wasn't going to get better, figured I'd save myself the time.

Other than the blowout of the Heat at home, can't remember the last time the Spurs looked like a legit contender. They've either taken their foot off the gas and gone Preserve Mode or they've already played their best ball.

Meh...

TampaDude
03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Goaltending. :lol

Chomag
03-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Didn't The game end with it being 19 Spurs 24 Miami?

GSH
03-16-2011, 03:46 AM

No offense, but that may be the most abused myth in all of basketball. The officials reward the aggressors... except when they don't. When you're taking it to the paint, and getting the shit hacked out of you, you have two choices: either keep driving, and try to force the refs to blow a whistle, or take some outside shots and try to spread the defense. If you're not hitting the outside shot, you're sorta fucked.

It's no different than football. If the defense keeps stuffing the run, you have to prove you can complete a few passes before they back off. If you can't complete those passes, it's going to be a long day.

I've seen nights when Manu was relentlessly driving to the rim, and just getting mugged, and the refs wouldn't give him a call. And instead of kicking it out, he just kept taking it to the paint, trying to force a whistle. And they just kept proving that they weren't going to blow any whistles. Now... was Manu not being aggressive? Of course he was. So why didn't the officials reward his aggression?

Here's a twist on that old saying that I think can be just as appropriate:

Sometimes a team can afford to be more aggressive, because the refs are rewarding them.

v2freak
03-16-2011, 03:52 AM
Nice post, GSH. I agree completely. Implicitly what some people try to argue is that a team can drive to the basket all day without shooting a single jumpshot (="aggressiveness") and get free throws out of it and/or easy buckets.

greyforest
03-16-2011, 04:01 AM
There's a reason Sean Elliott was bitching for most of the game: no consistency. The info graphic at the bottom pointed out the FT disparity a couple of times before the half, and it was atrocious. I wonder if Stern will bitch at the FSN crew for daring to question the officiating.

Sean is a homer, granted, but he doesn't fail to point out questionable calls that go the Spurs way. The only instance I remember during this particular game was a very close goaltending call that favored the Spurs; Sean, after mentioning it was questionable, then said "he liked it". He refers to this as "Spurs goggles", but he's pretty much always on-point as far as foul calls, ESPECIALLY with replays.

v2freak
03-16-2011, 04:08 AM
That's why Mr. Elliott is a commentator for Spurs games; likewise for Mr. Tommy-Point for the Celtics and so on.

greyforest
03-16-2011, 04:09 AM
Well he doesn't bitch about calls when the Spurs just straight up get their ass kicked. That's the point of my whole spiel there.

duncan228
03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Spurs want to get to the line (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/16/spurs-want-to-get-to-the-line/)
Jeff McDonald

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/16/spurs-want-to-get-to-the-line/

Horse
03-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Didn't The game end with it being 19 Spurs 24 Miami?
The number got closer in garbage time but after the first half the damage was done. Not only did miami have the lead but the Spurs knew they would not get calls and had to resort to jumpshots, that were not falling. So in that circumstance I almost can't blame them if they gave up.

TE
03-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Some posters here think success in games falls on the shoulders of the players. But considering how the game was being played, the Spurs were just as aggressive going to the rim in the first half, they just weren't getting calls. On the other hand you had Miami getting the calls which was okay, because they were fouls on the Spurs, but the same wasn't being done on the other side.

It was evident.

Sure the Spurs played like Dog Shit, but a lot of it had to do with the officiating.

k_nguyen93
03-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Miami Heat are the OLDEST team in the league dumbshit. Adding Mike Bibby's corpse certainly didn't help. Hell Wade is same age as Parker.