PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Bonner Defense

hater
03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
MK6TXMsvgQg

4>0rings
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
3 more years!!! 3 more years!!! 3 more years!!!

timtonymanu
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
8 years of Bonner total. #15 will be in the rafters.

4>0rings
03-14-2011, 09:28 PM
T-rex arm swipe about 3-4 times before the player T-bags Bonner on a dunk... par the course.

ElNono
03-14-2011, 09:32 PM
I don't know why people like to hate on Matty in here... :rolleyes

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Here's a prediction: this thread will be bumped by TPark, lilmo and other Popologists after Bonner hits several 3s and the Spurs win by 6 vs the Bobcats or Warriors. You can't put a price on consistent 3 point production against the pretenders.

ElNono
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Here's a prediction: this thread will be bumped by TPark, lilmo and other Popologists after Bonner hits several 3s and the Spurs win by 6 vs the Bobcats or Warriors. You can't put a price on consistent 3 point production against the pretenders.

Or hits 3 in a row after we're up 20...

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Bonner was so bad, so bad that Pop didn't even played him in the 2nd half.

SenorSpur
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
All this time as a pro, and this fucker doesn't even know how to take a fucking charge!

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
All this time as a pro, and this fucker doesn't even know how to take a fucking charge!

Why take a charge when you can raise your arms and scurry backwards like a ballerina doing Swan Lake?

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM

It's because he has no balls to take a charge. Manu was there tonight getting beat up by everybody and then you see players playing like girls like Bonner and Hill. That make me mad

alchemist
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
blaming Bonner? this is on Pop, there's no reason to not play TP/TD more minutes in the 1st half when the next game isn't until Friday.

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
blaming Bonner? this is on Pop, there's no reason to not play TP/TD more minutes in the 1st half when the next game isn't until Friday.

Blame isn't an exclusive thing, like a Finals MVP award. There's a lot of blame to go around, and blaming Bonner doesn't mean not blaming Pop. If you want to blame Pop, maybe you should start another thread.

underdawg
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Bonner only played 7 minutes tonight - this game was not his fault

The Spurs had an off night shooting the ball

The Heat are playing really well right now, so this was expected

The Spurs are 54-13 and still have a 6.5 game lead for the 1st seed

Sean Cagney
03-14-2011, 09:48 PM

This is the best post in here tonight bruh :lol:lol

There is a reason for that there, he gave up about 100 layups in a row.

in2deep
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM

the double digit hole in 2nd quarter was

alchemist
03-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Blame isn't an exclusive thing, like a Finals MVP award. There's a lot of blame to go around, and blaming Bonner doesn't mean not blaming Pop. If you want to blame Pop, maybe you should start another thread.
that would be a waste of a thread pretty much like this one. Everyone deserves blame but the guys with the bigger paychecks/accolades need to play better than the Bonners of the team for this team to have a chance.

the Coach also has to coach better.

Mugen
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
everybody except Dice deserves equal blame for this loss...

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
that would be a waste of a thread pretty much like this one. Everyone deserves blame but the guys with the bigger paychecks/accolades need to play better than the Bonners of the team for this team to have a chance.

No shit, indeed the big 3 and RJ need to play better than Matt. Does that absolve Bonner of any responsibility to play better? He has major shortcomings, and when he isn't making 3s, is a major liability. Regardless of how the big 3 perform, his play is a cause for concern. If you think the thread is a waste, please don't grace it with your presence.

in2deep
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
everybody except Dice deserves equal blame for this loss...

the problem is Bonner is a huge liability. That is different from bad performance from actual NBA players. No matter how bad Bonner tries, he just cannot compete with a good NBA frontline.

underdawg
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
the problem is Bonner is a huge liability. That is different from bad performance from actual NBA players. No matter how bad Bonner tries, he just cannot compete with a good NBA frontline.

and that's not Bonner's fault (he can't grow or develop athleticism) - I just hope Pop is right in his gamble this year (and the next 3 years) that the Spurs stand a better chance of outscoring teams than by beating them with defense.

It just would seem a waste on one of Timmy's last years to roll into the playoffs with Timmy and McDyess as your only hope of defense in your front court.

alchemist
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
No shit, indeed the big 3 and RJ need to play better than Matt. Does that absolve Bonner of any responsibility to play better? He has major shortcomings, and when he isn't making 3s, is a major liability. Regardless of how the big 3 perform, his play is a cause for concern. If you think the thread is a waste, please don't grace it with your presence.
the teams recent stretch as a whole is a cause for concern. bonner used as the main scapegoat is hilarious though.

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
the teams recent stretch as a whole is a cause for concern. bonner used as the main scapegoat is hilarious though.

Please point out the post where I or anyone else has alluded to Bonner being the "main" scapegoat.

SenorSpur
03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
and that's not Bonner's fault (he can't grow or develop athleticism) - I just hope Pop is right in his gamble this year (and the next 3 years) that the Spurs stand a better chance of outscoring teams than by beating them with defense.

It just would seem a waste on one of Timmy's last years to roll into the playoffs with Timmy and McDyess as your only hope of defense in your front court.

Precisely. It is a waste because I believe Pop has gambled in the wrong direction - much to the detriment of Duncan. The frontline, in it's current state, isn't going to get any taller, longer or more skilled. It's sad that even in his 14th season and in his declining production, Duncan is tallest, longest and best frontline defender.

alchemist
03-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Please point out the post where I or anyone else has alluded to Bonner being the "main" scapegoat.
look at the front page, if bonner isn't the main scapegoat than I don't know who is. :lol

underdawg
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't think Bonner's the scapegoat, but his consistent 20 mpg had to be of concern at some point due to the Spurs lack of defense. Don't get me wrong - his shooting has been phenomenal, but he'll always be limited on what he brings to the table on protecting the paint.

The rest of the team has played like crap, but a better defense would hide a little bit of that. It's just hard to get used to a Spurs team that has to shoot well or they don't win when it counts.

200 miles
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
The Spurs had an off night shooting the ball

The Heat are playing really well right now, so this was expected

The Spurs are 54-13 and still have a 6.5 game lead for the 1st seed

That's another problem because if it's not Bonner (1ST half tonight and against HOU), it's Pop's other Bonner clone and 3-pt mancrush Novak (2ND half tonight and against HOU). So instead of just one problem, it's double trouble for the Spurs.

mingus
03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
it's not just Bonner. it's the Bonner/Blair combo particularly. teams just waltz right into the paint when those two are on the floor together. that stretch in the 1st and 2nd when Pop had them both in the game is when the game started getting out of hand, and the Spurs never recovered. i think they went down 8 or 10 and it just ballooned slowly until the Spurs knew they lost the game and just mailed it in. before you knew it it was way out of hand. Miami was just playing with so much confidence once they had that cushion.

hater
03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
as sad as this sounds. Looks like Dice needs to go back to the bench and Blair needs to start. Otherwise our 2nd unit gets assraped.

mingus
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
the double digit hole in 2nd quarter was

to be fair, it was only partially his fault. it was that tiny midget frontcourt of Blair/Bonner.

but i agree. that 7 minutes stretch was where it started to go downhill.

ploto
03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Worst thing that happened was all of Bonner's three's against the Heat last game. It gave Pop renewed confidence in him!

Why Pop plays Bonner and Blair together is beyond me.

alchemist
03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't think Bonner's the scapegoat, but his consistent 20 mpg had to be of concern at some point due to the Spurs lack of defense. Don't get me wrong - his shooting has been phenomenal, but he'll always be limited on what he brings to the table on protecting the paint.

The rest of the team has played like crap, but a better defense would hide a little bit of that. It's just hard to get used to a Spurs team that has to shoot well or they don't win when it counts.
no doubt about the defensive end, but I think that affects every big man the Spurs have. They try to defend bigs outside of the paint only to have them backed down all the way to the paint. Those types of back downs constantly kill the Spurs.

SenorSpur
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Bonner isn't the scapegoat for this recent loss. However, he represents the type of limited-skill player that the Spurs have chosen to align themselves with. If the Spurs had another long, tall frontline player, who was both a good paint presence on both ends of the court, that would help offset some of Bonner's deficiencies and would help Duncan immensely.

Bonner is also the poster child for the newly-discovered, flawed philosophy of the head coach, who now seemingly values offense and 3-pt shooting over rebounding and defense.

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 10:35 PM
no doubt about the defensive end, but I think that affects every big man the Spurs have. They try to defend bigs outside of the paint only to have them backed down all the way to the paint. Those types of back downs constantly kill the Spurs.

Not just that, the other thing that kills our bench is guard penetration. Bonner just puts his hands up and backpedals till the guard gets an and-1, and Blair can't challenge at the rim either.

alchemist
03-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Not just that, the other thing that kills our bench is guard penetration. Bonner just puts his hands up and backpedals till the guard gets an and-1, and Blair can't challenge at the rim either.
yes that's unfortunately true too

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-14-2011, 10:40 PM
well bonner plays alot of minutes at center and thats the most defensive position go figure like ive said all year were screwed playing bonner +20 in P.O its just dumb. and i didnt even watch this game because i heard all the cheers so i chose to ignore haha but good thing i did or i would be really upset. i hope fans tell pop to release me too

underdawg
03-14-2011, 10:46 PM
If the Spurs had another long, tall frontline player

That's been a statement that is usually attached by ridicule because there was apparently no long and tall bigs available. Maybe that's true, but I have a hard time understanding how having a player that is remotely athletic and that can play some bit of defense wouldn't be useful when Blair and Bonner are being overmatched. I would think that's more valuable than having Novak on the bench.

If Anderson's not going to get playoff minutes - send him back to Austin and pick up a 3 that will try and play d during the 5-7 minutes of playing time that are available.

I'm sure Pop knows what he's doing, but I don't think it's wrong to be concerned with this team's chances and especially given how important this year is as one of Timmy's last.

ElNono
03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
You know what? Sure, it's partially Pop's fault for giving him a role that obviously is well beyond his capabilities. But at the same time, Pop has given him chance after chance to improve his game on the defensive end. He has the size to be a decent rebounder. He should have enough seasons under his belt to learn how to take a charge. You would think he would have some sort of pride to really hand a hard foul or get frustrated of being toyed around. He's been seemingly forever in this system to miss rotation after rotation on a nightly basis. It's not about effort. He plays hard, no doubt about it. There's obviously some kind of cap he just can't seem to get over.

I can't think of one player Pop has had more patience with than him, honestly. And he just keeps goofing around night after night. Just being happy to be there.
So you have to pin some blame on him. The Spurs made an investment on this turd, and for the life of me I cannot fathom they though he would be this kind of turnstile on defense. I just can't convince myself that they ever thought his offense would outproduce the leaking sieve he's on defense.

jjktkk
03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Bonner will always get shitted on here, even when his shot is on. Nothings really changed since Bonners been here. Bonner is and has been that one trick pony. The problem is that, for years the Spurs have not been able to fill the frontline void with a true bigman. My hope is that Splitter will be that guy next year, since this season is basically a lost cause for Splitter.

ElNono
03-14-2011, 11:40 PM
The Spurs willingly re-signed Bonner this offseason, and Pop handed him the 3rd/4th big role.
If they wanted to move away from him, they had every chance to do so.
Obviously, this is what they wanted, there's no two ways to look at it.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
03-15-2011, 08:13 AM
Why take a charge when you can raise your arms and scurry backwards like a ballerina doing Swan Lake?

:lol

nkdlunch
03-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Bonner should not even step on the court vs the following teams: LA, Miami, Memphis, Portland.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-15-2011, 12:28 PM

So then why would one start a thread alluding to Bonners lack of defense when he isnt even the 'main' scapegoat? Why not start a Steve Novak thread or Anderson thread?
Isnt it reasonable to assume that when a poster makes a thread entitled 'LMAO Bonner Defense' that the poster somehow alludes that player is responsible for loss?

Spurs Brazil
03-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Monday, Bonner went 0 for 1 from long range, picked up two quick fouls and was benched for good early in the second quarter “because he was horrible defensively,” Popovich said.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/14/spurs-don%E2%80%99t-take-3-point-talents-to-south-beach/

Muser
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Complaining about Bonners defense is redundant at this point. Bonner/Blair has to be the worst defensive combo in the NBA.

Texas_Ranger
03-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Matt Bonner can only shoot 3's. And in the playoffs he will choke at that. LOL Mat Bonner and not just lol his defense. This guy should not even play 10 minutes per game.

Cessation
03-15-2011, 04:25 PM
We do have some size, but pop chose not to develop Splitter, and instead gave the minutes to Blair. So much for that, he's already warming the bench as playoffs get closer. You telling me that no matter how much of an adjustment it is for Splitter, he couldn't learn to provide the spurs with 10 solid minutes of the bench at center. Give me a break.

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Bonner was so bad, so bad that Pop didn't even played him in the 2nd half.

He shouldn't have played him the 2nd half of the season.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-15-2011, 07:10 PM
The Spurs willingly re-signed Bonner this offseason, and Pop handed him the 3rd/4th big role.
If they wanted to move away from him, they had every chance to do so.
Obviously, this is what they wanted, there's no two ways to look at it.

THIS is what drives me crazy!!!. pops been blue ballin duncan with low post help since robinson left and the one chance he has to get a legit young primed 7fter in there what does he do??? he benches his ass and signs bonner for 3 years, i think it takes the spurs fans calling his name in the arena to embarrass pop and make him feel guilty/stupid

nkdlunch
03-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Bonner's Defense if fucking garbage

:pctoss

underdawg
03-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Bonner's Defense if fucking garbage

:pctoss

not important - he's shooting 50.9% from the 3 and the Spurs are 55 and 13; all is well

ohmwrecker
03-18-2011, 10:27 PM
I thought he played about as good defense as he can play tonight. He was aggressive, tough and he even pulled down a few difficult rebounds. I would be happy if he played consistently as well as he played tonight.

Spurs Brazil
03-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I thought he played about as good defense as he can play tonight. He was aggressive, tough and he even pulled down a few difficult rebounds. I would be happy if he played consistently as well as he played tonight.

Agree he was OK on D, he even finished with 6 boards but his offensive was pathetic. Passing up shots and missing open looks.

underdawg
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM

re-watch the game - marion had an easy time with him; if you mean agressive by knocking down Dirk, I'm ok with that, but he wasn't good on defense and we didn't extend the lead with him in the game. He's an offensive player - if he doesn't score, it only multiplies his weaknesses.

Leonard Curse
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
i will say i liked how he went after some of those rebounds i guess other than that hes utter garbage out there

ajballer4
03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
He rebounded better than usual, but when he doesnt make 3s you gotta pull him

yavozerb
03-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Agree he was OK on D, he even finished with 6 boards but his offensive was pathetic. Passing up shots and missing open looks.

Holy crap!! This guy is human doormat for ST posters..Most of the time its his defense that gets everyone acting crazy, now we have some bitching about his offense. :lol

mingus
03-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Bonner played well tonight, mostly cause the matchups. He not going to get 6 boards against LA though. Haywood is a stiff.

Leonard Curse
03-18-2011, 10:34 PM
re-watch the game - marion had an easy time with him; if you mean agressive by knocking down Dirk, I'm ok with that, but he wasn't good on defense and we didn't extend the lead with him in the game. He's an offensive player - if he doesn't score, it only multiplies his weaknesses.

exactly why were pissed

it just defeats the purpose of him playing its like ginobili not driving or shooting the ball at all???what would pop do? chew his ass out and ench his ass.

whats weird is bonner gets better treatment than duncan no joke matt can cost us playoff games /important season games only to be slapped in the ass by pop as he takes a seat from (exhaustion)

underdawg
03-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Bonner played well tonight, mostly cause the matchups. He not going to get 6 boards against LA though. Haywood is a stiff.

one rebound was off of a free throw and another was one that fell out of Dirk's hands - lets no go overboard with his rebounding.

DesignatedT
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Bonner played a good game offensively and defensively.

Warlord23
03-18-2011, 10:37 PM

:lol Thanks for the laugh

underdawg
03-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Holy crap!! This guy is human doormat for ST posters..Most of the time its his defense that gets everyone acting crazy, now we have some bitching about his offense. :lol

nothing against Bonner - he does the best he can, but the Spurs need help on defense and Bonner's not going to help that. The Spurs offense is sufficient without Bonner's stretching the floor and his high 3 pt percentage. The Spurs defense is very lacking while Bonner is on the floor.

That seems to be the case with Blair and Jefferson too. Some say Jefferson's defense is still good, but I don't see it.

The only players that look playoff ready are the Big 3, McDyess, Neal and maybe Hill.

Cessation
03-18-2011, 10:43 PM
0 points 0-4, in 18 minutes, lol

ohmwrecker
03-18-2011, 10:49 PM

If he played good offense on top of tonight's defensive effort, he would be maxing out his potential. He might spontaneously combust.

I watched the game. I'm not going to re-watch it, shithead. He played very close to his defensive potential tonight, tbqfh. The Spurs had enough offense to win the game, did they not?

Nitwit.

yavozerb
03-18-2011, 10:54 PM
nothing against Bonner - he does the best he can, but the Spurs need help on defense and Bonner's not going to help that. The Spurs offense is sufficient without Bonner's stretching the floor and his high 3 pt percentage. The Spurs defense is very lacking while Bonner is on the floor.

That seems to be the case with Blair and Jefferson too. Some say Jefferson's defense is still good, but I don't see it.

The only players that look playoff ready are the Big 3, McDyess, Neal and maybe Hill.

I can agree with some of this except for the part that says Bonner does not help the offense. Not sure how you can tell me that the #1 3pt shooter does not help the offense. He may not need to be a fixture in the lineup (20+ minutes) but he definatly is an offensive player who has to be accounted for by the opposing defense on every play.

Ditty
03-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Bonner rebounded and defended well Ill take that if he isn't shooting :)

Sean Cagney
03-18-2011, 10:55 PM

His shooting till late in the year vs. a good team that is, it is going by patter again now! Patters never break here it seems! He will hit 4 threes vs a shit team and then apologists will make a thread on him saying how about him now! Only to dissapear against Boston or Portland etc. bigtime.
Bonner rebounded and defended well Ill take that if he isn't shooting :)

GOOD LORD and here we go! I guess that was well for him, but he is a black hole out there, hell even Splitter could Board or D okay in games, but when Bonners shot is not falling he is just horrible out there like tonight. This son of a bitch is useless later in the year it seems, it shows again lately. He sees playoffs coming and just hides, no heart at all nor talent.

yavozerb
03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
If he played good offense on top of tonight's defensive effort, he would be maxing out his potential. He might spontaneously combust.

I watched the game. I'm not going to re-watch it, shithead. He played very close to his defensive potential tonight, tbqfh. The Spurs had enough offense to win the game, did they not?

Nitwit.

He even got an elbow to Nowitzki's head while getting a rebound without even getting a foul called..He's Bonner Damnit!!

Cessation
03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
I saw the game too, why mavs go on runs when he was in the game, if he is so great? Marion abused him at will, he was made to look an allstar when ginger "guarded" him. At the end of the first half mavs erased an 18 point lead with him in the game. Then they closed the gap again when he was in the fourth with blair. When they were benched, all of a sudden spurs pulled away with the game. Just seems odd to me, when results don't match the claims.

cheguevara
03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
^ props to this man. he ain't blind

DPG21920
03-18-2011, 10:58 PM

:lol Are you a troll?

underdawg
03-18-2011, 11:00 PM

Nitwit.

you mad there tootz? :lol - if you're not going to re-watch the game fine, but he didn't play good D and the point that the Spurs had good enough offense tonight means little in the overall picture.

If you're counting on the Big 3 to put up 80 points per game, I feel sorry for you. Of course I know you don't expect that, but my point is that come playoff time the Spurs offensive success will be lessened by better defense and the Spurs' defense doesn't seem near a level that will over come that.

Sean Cagney
03-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I saw the game too, why mavs go on runs when he was in the game, if he is so great? Marion abused him at will, he was made to look an allstar when ginger "guarded" him. At the end of the first half mavs erased an 18 point lead with him in the game. Then they closed the gap again when he was in the fourth with blair. When they were benched, all of a sudden spurs pulled away with the game. Just seems odd to me, when results don't match the claims.

He sucks, and some backing this bum too do as well! I am a Spurs fan full and full, but this dude is just horrible! He is doing it again this year late, he is horrible and will continue to be. Why was he resigned? WHY DOES POOP LIKE HIM SO MUCH? I will never know.

yavozerb
03-18-2011, 11:01 PM

:lol, at people thinking this is all on Bonner...Bonner played alot with the reserves in this game, guess we could blame Blair for alot of that as well. Bonner has made many of pf's look pretty stupid this season with his 3pt shooting but if you want to focus on 1 game, be my guest, but you sound pretty foolish doing it..

underdawg
03-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I can agree with some of this except for the part that says Bonner does not help the offense. Not sure how you can tell me that the #1 3pt shooter does not help the offense. He may not need to be a fixture in the lineup (20+ minutes) but he definatly is an offensive player who has to be accounted for by the opposing defense on every play.

absolutely he helps the offense - good 3 point shooters will always help the offense. My point is that the Spurs offense can be effective without him - I lay that in large part on Neal. Seems to me that Neal is getting more attention now than before.

ohmwrecker
03-18-2011, 11:07 PM
you mad there tootz? :lol - if you're not going to re-watch the game fine, but he didn't play good D and the point that the Spurs had good enough offense tonight means little in the overall picture.

Mad? :lol Uh . . . no. You're not comprehending what I am saying. Matt Bonner's defense is not going to get much better than what you saw tonight. If he can play close to that with a couple of 3s thrown on top . . . I'll take it.

Sean Cagney
03-18-2011, 11:10 PM
What was our record without that great shooter btw this year? I would love to see it again.
Mad? :lol Uh . . . no. You're not comprehending what I am saying. Matt Bonner's defense is not going to get much better than what you saw tonight. If he can play close to that with a couple of 3s thrown on top . . . I'll take it.

Late in the year, don't count on it.

underdawg
03-18-2011, 11:12 PM
:lol, at people thinking this is all on Bonner...Bonner played alot with the reserves in this game, guess we could blame Blair for alot of that as well. Bonner has made many of pf's look pretty stupid this season with his 3pt shooting but if you want to focus on 1 game, be my guest, but you sound pretty foolish doing it..

It's not 1 game and it's not Bonner's fault. He really plays the best he can most games - I'd even be willing to say that for his talent he gives as much effort (if not more than some) than any other Spur player night in and night out. The point is that just like Blair (right now,) Bonner is a defensive liability and that's not going to change. And Bonner's playing time (20 mpg) will not change either - he's without a doubt a part of the rotation that Pop is going to count on in the playoffs. I'm really hoping that Pop finds gold in the playoffs and the Spurs outshoot their opponents on a consistent level.

Why even gripe then? - I just think it's a shame to waste Duncan, Manu and Parker's final years of being together (a healthy one this year too.) This team was built to succeed with a good defense and since the focus has gone from defense to offense, the Spurs have not been successful in the playoffs.

Ditty
03-18-2011, 11:13 PM
His shooting till late in the year vs. a good team that is, it is going by patter again now! Patters never break here it seems! He will hit 4 threes vs a shit team and then apologists will make a thread on him saying how about him now! Only to dissapear against Boston or Portland etc. bigtime.

GOOD LORD and here we go! I guess that was well for him, but he is a black hole out there, hell even Splitter could Board or D okay in games, but when Bonners shot is not falling he is just horrible out there like tonight. This son of a bitch is useless later in the year it seems, it shows again lately. He sees playoffs coming and just hides, no heart at all nor talent.

well I think the reason why parker and ginobili were getting to the rim so easily because bonner was playing out of the paint area wouldn't it be crowded if blair, or splitter were in there? :wakeup

ohmwrecker
03-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Late in the year, don't count on it.

I'm not.

underdawg
03-18-2011, 11:21 PM
well I think the reason why parker and ginobili were getting to the rim so easily because bonner was playing out of the paint area wouldn't it be crowded if blair, or splitter were in there? :wakeup

how did Manu and Tony used to get the rim before Bonner was getting 20 mpg? Is that because they were younger and better than now? I think Tony was getting to the rim just fine tonight with Duncan and McDyess in the game - I'm not sure how Blair and Splitter would be that much different.

Bonner's stretching the floor was originally intended to help keep double teams off of Duncan. I understand that the offense is no longer going through Timmy, but I think it's tough to say that Bonner stretches the floor for Manu and Tony, since there are so many times that Bonner is left wide open because defenses sag especially to keep Manu and Parker out of the lane.

Ditty
03-18-2011, 11:29 PM
how did Manu and Tony used to get the rim before Bonner was getting 20 mpg? Is that because they were younger and better than now? I think Tony was getting to the rim just fine tonight with Duncan and McDyess in the game - I'm not sure how Blair and Splitter would be that much different.

Bonner's stretching the floor was originally intended to help keep double teams off of Duncan. I understand that the offense is no longer going through Timmy, but I think it's tough to say that Bonner stretches the floor for Manu and Tony, since there are so many times that Bonner is left wide open because defenses sag especially to keep Manu and Parker out of the lane.

Well it was alot easier when Duncan was a force in the low post back then, that's how they got to the rim so easily, now you see nothing but pick n rolls. When you Bonner sag in half the time you either see them kick it out or throw it out of the paint. Maybe it's a play to sag the defense in to get one of three point shooters open I dunno.

Again it about no clogging up the lanes it makes it so much easier when you only have one big man in the paint, but like you said Bonner is used for keeping double teams off Duncan, but I'm pretty sure that's not the reason why.

Obstructed_View
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM

Thank God for Bonner making Parker and Ginobili such good inside players! That's why Parker's shooting percentage suddenly shot up...oh wait Bonner was still in Toronto.

Ditty
03-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Thank God for Bonner making Parker and Ginobili such good inside players! That's why Parker's shooting percentage suddenly shot up...oh wait Bonner was still in Toronto.

talking about tonights game brah

Obstructed_View
03-18-2011, 11:40 PM
talking about tonights game brah

Parker and Ginobili were getting to the rim before Bonner even came into the game, scrah. Also, you might explain how Bonner being on the floor helps Manu and Parker score on the break, kghlah.

crc21209
03-18-2011, 11:44 PM
As horrible as Bonner played tonight offensively, he wasnt TOO bad defensively, especially on the boards. He fought and scrapped for some rebounds that he normaly wouldnt come down with...

Ditty
03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Parker and Ginobili were getting to the rim before Bonner even came into the game, scrah. Also, you might explain how Bonner being on the floor helps Manu and Parker score on the break, kghlah.

Mcdyess wasn't playing in the paint that's why? broseph :lol

Sean Cagney
03-18-2011, 11:52 PM
As horrible as Bonner played tonight offensively, he wasnt TOO bad defensively, especially on the boards. He fought and scrapped for some rebounds that he normaly wouldnt come down with...

And this makes an excuse for him out there later? He is trash IMO! He sucks, period.

Obstructed_View
03-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Mcdyess wasn't playing in the paint that's why? broseph :lol

So Dice does the exact same thing that Bonner does on offense and doesn't get fucking smoked by absolutely everyone that faces him on defense. Guess Bonner isn't really as valuable as you tried to make it sound, bromo.

crc21209
03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
And this makes an excuse for him out there later? He is trash IMO! He sucks, period.

No, but shit at least he was doing SOMETHING out there. Usually when Bonner is off on his 3-point shot he doesnt contribute shit, defense, rebounding, nothing. At least tonight he was aggressive on the boards....

Ditty
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
So Dice does the exact same thing that Bonner does on offense and doesn't get fucking smoked by absolutely everyone that faces him on defense. Guess Bonner isn't really as valuable as you tried to make it sound, bromo.

I saw Bonner get smoke on one play against Marion tonight? I guess it really helps in Parker's and Ginobili's point of career when you don't have to be worrying about another big men in the lane on pick n rolls, I guess it just helps if Bonner is actually standing out there pretending like he is going too shoot a 3, to make defense commit. If you I accidentally wrote wrong that all of Manu, and Parker points come off Bonner's spacing then I apologize, I was just writing that he helps out with having the lanes open at times, when the other big man that is guarding Duncan and whoever ends up sagging into the paint.

thOOdee
03-19-2011, 12:25 AM

they got to the rim because of the zone defense dallas was playing

thOOdee
03-19-2011, 12:31 AM
lol....that benny hill music fits bonner so well......how can anyone defend bonner even being the 4th best big. It even seems like he disrupts the flow of the game. like a chicken w his head cut off.

ElNono
03-19-2011, 01:10 AM
I thought he was pretty horrible... but in games like this, I think just Pop really sets him up to fail... he can't guard Marion, and he can't guard Dirk. The only matchup that works for him against Dallas is Cardinal...

He passed up shots, he missed a wide open 3, when he put the ball on the floor he looked completely lost out there. Two of his 6 rebounds were from missing a put back right at the rim, which seemingly only him can miss.

A night to forget for him and RJ...

ChumpDumper
03-19-2011, 03:49 AM
lol spurfans angry at a win

mystargtr34
03-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Nothing wrong with being angry at certain aspects of the game even when you win tbh.. Bonner going 0-4 and getting torched probly doesnt translate into a playoffs win against the Lakers.. so the coaching staff shouldnt accept his performance simply because the Spurs won... butithinkyouknowthat

ChumpDumper
03-19-2011, 04:04 AM
As long as you're angry :toast

TE
03-19-2011, 04:07 AM
As long as your angry :toast

Yo Yo it's the chumpdumper.

chazley
03-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Funny how all the Bonner haters just post in this thread so they don't have to deal with me in my thread.

mingus
03-19-2011, 04:22 AM
lol spurfans angry at a win

How many championships has small ball won?

The formula the Spurs are using right now will work against certain teams, but not against LA. When small ball isn't working and Splitter looks like a deer in the headlights against LA you'll understand games like this are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

ChumpDumper
03-19-2011, 04:27 AM
So you say the Spurs are going to lose.

Good for you.

You're awesome.