PDA

View Full Version : George Hill

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
What happened with this kid. He's been awful since the All Star Game

Can we have any hope to see a decent playoffs for him. It looks like he's getting worst game after game.

Where's that Hill that played with great energy in the beginning of the season???

4>0rings
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I think Dick Jefferson got a hold of him...

Warlord23
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
His road struggles have gotten progressively worse.

Right now, he scores 3 PPG less, shoots 5% worse from the field and 11% worse from the arc on the road compared to home games.

timtonymanu
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
George Hill and Richard Jefferson are suppose to carry the offensive load when one of the Big 3 is off. They did their job in the first half of the season. Now, they love to "coast." I don't know what's up with Hill. At this point, Neal is a better player and is more trustworthy than him.

Doe
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
In tonight's game at times he looked scared and other times he looked like he didn't care. Wade whooped him, not that I expect Hill to shut him down, but in effort areas like rebounding and loose balls Wade got the better of him (and nearly everyone else).

I'm worried about the team if Hill is going to play like this in the playoffs. The margin of error is really small and all players are going to have to play well and with focus.

Spurs Brazil
03-14-2011, 09:48 PM
He played 30 minutes tonight and was the team worst -30

timtonymanu
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
He played 30 minutes tonight and was the team worst -30

Shit if we didn't play him, we could have tied the game with Miami.

underdawg
03-14-2011, 09:56 PM
it's pretty simple - if Bonner doesn't get significant minutes, he's not able to spread the floor so Tony, Manu, Neal and Hill can get easier access to the rim or better shots.

GrandeDavid
03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I think Dick Jefferson got a hold of him...

Completely agree. Those guys have become unballers lately. Me oh my how Dick Jefferson has become a non-factor.

redskinfan
03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Maybe Hill has Peaked, I think Pop needs to send him a message by bringing Neal as our 6th man to spell Manu then Hill for Parker, maybe this will get him to bring it consistently.

wildbill2u
03-14-2011, 11:01 PM
What happened with this kid. He's been awful since the All Star Game

Can we have any hope to see a decent playoffs for him. It looks like he's getting worst game after game.

Where's that Hill that played with great energy in the beginning of the season???

I think his confidence has been down because of Neal getting all the burn, the points and the praise.

Zero_Twilight
03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Does George have a new girlfriend or something? Seems like his legs are weak. He must be losing "man juice" pretty often.

Get your head on straight George and abstain until you get that ring young blood. You're better than this.

Holden_Caulfield
03-14-2011, 11:24 PM
i'm more worried about bonner's impact come playoff time.

MaNu4Tres
03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
His in-between game has regressed significantly. Along with his atrocious pick and roll game that Pop still calls for much more often than 4 down. To be honest, Pop goes to Hill in the pick and roll as the team's 3rd option more games than not. Why? I don't fucking know.

jjktkk
03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
I think his confidence has been down because of Neal getting all the burn, the points and the praise.

If this is case, and right now it sure seems so, Hill is not the player I thought he was evolving into.

MaNu4Tres
03-14-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't know what's more frustrating to watch..

Hill's pick and roll game or Manu/Neal's ill advised contested 3's early in the shot clock.

Neal's piss-poor shot selection (early in the shot clock) led to Miami opening up the flood gates tonight, by grabbing Neal's long rebounds and shoving the ball down our throat for a quick and easy 2. I literally lost count to how many times that happened.

weebo
03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Hill is soft. He is easily pushed around on defense and is passive on offense. I thought by now this guy would be a huge part of the Spurs line up. I think I rather see Neal/Anderson than having to watch Hill clank another corner threes or pulling up lame on defense.

Ace
03-14-2011, 11:37 PM
I don't know what's more frustrating to watch..

Hill's pick and roll game or Manu/Neal's ill advised contested 3's early in the shot clock.

Neal's piss poor shot selection early in the shot clock lead to Miami opening up the flood gates tonight, by grabbing Neal's long rebounds and shoving the ball down our throat for a quick and easy 2. I literally lost count to how many times that happened.

Neal with it...

Sorry had to..

crc21209
03-14-2011, 11:51 PM
If anyone's seen Hill's balls, please return them immediately....

itzsoweezee
03-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Popovich just doesn't know how to develop young guys. It's pretty glaringly clear that Tony Parker was the exception, not the rule.

Pauleta14
03-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Shit if we didn't play him, we could have tied the game with Miami.

:lol

Spurs da champs
03-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Popovich just doesn't know how to develop young guys. It's pretty glaringly clear that Tony Parker was the exception, not the rule.

:lol Blame Pop for Hill being trash.:rolleyes

admiralsnackbar
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
Two bad games a week+ apart and we're back to fucking "fire Pop."

Guess that winning record against the whole league (including most contenders) is accidental. And I guess Hill, Blair, and Neal are useless, under-developed pap-smears that failed to blossom under Pop's tutelage. And I guess we've never been blown out close to the POs in a championship year.

Fucking crybabies :lol

G-Dawgg
03-15-2011, 06:36 AM
...dude.. appreciate this guy. Without him, teams would be killing us by 7-12 points on a regular basis...

Warlord23
03-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Two bad games a week+ apart and we're back to fucking "fire Pop."

It's not 2 bad games, it's 5 bad games in a row.

Lost to LA by 16 in a laugher after trailing by 30+ at one point
Beat Detroit by 7 at home despite shooting 64% on FGs (20 o-boards for DET)
Beat Sacramento by 5 at home (were tied with 4:30 to go in the game)
Beat Houston without Scola by 8 (were tied with 1:20 to go in the game)
Lost to Miami by 30 in a blowout

Be honest: do you think the Spurs played like contenders in any of those 5 games?

mathbzh
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

Be honest: do you think the Spurs played like contenders in any of those 5 games?

That at list is an indication that the Spurs are coasting.
There is no way we give up 20 o-board with everybody focused. The other two games proves we still have an extra-gear when needed.

For the LA/Miami games... I am worried. But I don't want to read to much in it considering how we destroyed Miami just 10 days ago.

mathbzh
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

That list is an indication that the Spurs are coasting.
There is no way we give up 20 o-board with everybody focused. The other two games proves we still have an extra-gear when needed.

For the LA/Miami games... I am worried. But I don't want to read to much in it considering how we destroyed Miami just 10 days ago.

admiralsnackbar
03-15-2011, 08:03 AM
It's not 2 bad games, it's 5 bad games in a row.

Lost to LA by 16 in a laugher after trailing by 30+ at one point
Lost to Miami by 30 in a blowout

Why did you leave out the Memphis games? Those are the ones that wore everybody out, I think.

Anyway, wins are wins and we gutted this week's wins out despite being pretty obviously worn down. That's encouraging for the POs, isn't it?

D is still not built to be as good as we've been used to, but the precedent the Spurs have set this season suggests their team shooting percentage will not remain in the gutter for long.

But in the end, what do contenders play like at this point in the season? The whole league is playing streaky ball and dropping games or blowing them up. Last dog leg of the season is usually like this, isn't it?

Warlord23
03-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Why did you leave out the Memphis games? Those are the ones that wore everybody out, I think.

Anyway, wins are wins and we gutted this week's wins out despite being pretty obviously worn down. That's encouraging for the POs, isn't it?

D is still not built to be as good as we've been used to, but the precedent the Spurs have set this season suggests their team shooting percentage will not remain in the gutter for long.

But in the end, what do contenders play like at this point in the season? The whole league is playing streaky ball and dropping games or blowing them up. Last dog leg of the season is usually like this, isn't it?

IMO the Spurs teams of the past that contended for the title usually stepped up their game in March and April, just ahead of the playoffs. Better rotations on D, better execution on O, players getting into their groove etc. This year the Lakers are showing these signs, as are the Bulls.

Instead, we seem to be struggling to execute our offense, have not yet figured out our defensive identity, and individuals like Hill / Bonner / RJ look less comfortable with every passing game.

I used to be far more comfortable in years past with the Spurs not getting the 1st seed but raising their game going into the playoffs. This season, we have all but claimed the 1 seed, but are floundering with our execution late in the season. Maybe we will turn it around in the last 15 games, but time is running out.