40 points!

goddamn you idiot Hornets

Pelicans78
03-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Marcus Thornton

13 of 19 shooting

40 points!

goddamn you idiot Hornets

The only thing Hornets gonna show for DC and Thornton will be Ariza for the next 3 years. :lol

BRHornet45
03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
The only thing Hornets gonna show for DC and Thornton will be Ariza for the next 3 years. :lol

lol it really is so damn pathetic ... I don't blame them for trading Collison (who has been overrated since day 1), but trading Thornton was just downright ridiculous. Outside of David West, Thornton was the only player on the team who could create his own shot. the dude is instant offense and is only making $500k this season. they had no logical reason to trade him other than Monte Williams personal issue with him.

DeadlyDynasty
03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
It's amazing how much Games 1 and 3 of the 2009 WCF got Ariza paid

Ghazi
03-14-2011, 11:21 PM
:lol Hornets

# 1 Troll
03-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Kind of like how the Heat got stupid on the Spuds???? lolololololololololololololololol

TheSpursFNRule
03-14-2011, 11:42 PM
It's amazing how much Games 1 and 3 of the 2009 WCF got Ariza paid

Well said.

Pelicans78
03-14-2011, 11:44 PM
lol it really is so damn pathetic ... I don't blame them for trading Collison (who has been overrated since day 1), but trading Thornton was just downright ridiculous. Outside of David West, Thornton was the only player on the team who could create his own shot. the dude is instant offense and is only making $500k this season. they had no logical reason to trade him other than Monte Williams personal issue with him.

Even if Collison is overrated (which he's not), he still a cheap solid PG who can start and is a better value than Ariza who's the worst offensive player in the league.

Trading CP3 would bring back so many pieces to fit with Collison and Thornton.

Ashy Larry
03-15-2011, 09:18 AM
The battle for No Cal....... until those fucks come to Anacrime

Killakobe81
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM

BR, If you can explain this better I would love to hear it. Thorton can score sure he is nota good defender, but for a team that struggles to score you can NOT tell me Monty could of not used him. What is the issue between Marcus and the coach? Any my boy from NOLA (he went to southern) says that the original deal for Landry was Green and filler for Landry. IF true your GM is an idiot ...what do your sources say?

Pelicans78
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
BR, If you can explain this better I would love to hear it. Thorton can score sure he is nota good defender, but for a team that struggles to score you can NOT tell me Monty could of not used him. What is the issue between Marcus and the coach? Any my boy from NOLA (he went to southern) says that the original deal for Landry was Green and filler for Landry. IF true your GM is an idiot ...what do your sources say?

I never heard Green being part of the deal. If so, the team should have let it happen.

Here's the real problem. Monty Williams and Wille Green go back to when they were teammates at Philly. They're pretty close. Green tries really hard defensively. He's not great, but he tries really hard and Monty loves it and loves him despite his lack of offensive game and poor shot selection overall. Even though Marco and Thornton are more talented than Green, Monty will always give Green playing time regardless.

That's where the problem lies in. Marco is the best fit with the starting lineup since his shooting can spread the floor for West and CP3 and can be more versatile and fits his role well. However, Thornton was clearly the most talented SG and definitely should have been the 6th man of this team. He's the best perimeter scorer and most explosive and athletic SG on the team. However, Monty will always want to give Green playing time no matter so Thornton is the one screwed in the end.

Really the only reason Thornton is gone is because Monty Williams loves Willie Green.

Oh, he also loves Jarrett Jack as well since he coached him in Portland and often used Jack as a shooting guard next to CP3 even with Thornton on the team.

Nepotism.