PDA

View Full Version : Nikkei Flash Crash - Futures Plummet 16% As All Hell Breaks Loose In Japan

Marcus Bryant
03-14-2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/nikkei-flash-crash-futures-plummet-16-all-hell-breaks-loose-japan

boutons_deux
03-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Predict the nadir and how quickly it rises and one could make $10Bs. Even better, if one can manipulate both. I'm sure the financial sector is placing (aka rigging) their bets.

Drachen
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Predict the nadir and how quickly it rises and one could make $10Bs. Even better, if one can manipulate both. I'm sure the financial sector is placing (aka rigging) their bets.

Shoot, its not like the bets are hard to make. You could place a sizeable bet on Nat Gas and probably make a fortune. Worldwide demand will likely rise for this due to the fact that this is a black eye for the Nuke industry (fair or not). There are countries in Europe who are already holding off on extending the life of their nuke plants. Additionally, Japan will need a ton of natural gas because they're not able to produce enough electricity anymore and (from what I understand) nat gas plants are cheap and quick to build (relatively anyway).

boutons_deux
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
McLiar's 100 campaign nukes were DOA, and Repugs' current 200 nukes now are DOA.

Even if the Repug lie "we're broke" were true, Wall St hasn't for 30 years, and won't, put up the nuke construction/insurance money.