PDA

View Full Version : The bottom line...

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
The bottom line fact from the game last night is that the Spurs lost a regular season game that they didn't show up for. They played a team that is desperate to make a statement on national television. Should the Spurs have played up to their potential? Yes, but if you really expected them to do so you haven't paid much attention to their regular season trends the last few years. It's almost like the Spurs employ a "no hard feelings" rule after beating a good team, where they almost try to give one back. I think the Laker loss a couple of weeks ago was comparable to the Heat loss. I think Pop really doesn't care about the regular season enough to give any of the elite teams motivation for the post season. Lulling them into a sense of complacency seems to be the m.o.

The big problem, I believe, is that the Spurs are safely sitting on the number 1 seed and so they feel they don't have to push things right now. As it is, the Spurs are still 6 1/2 games up in the standings (6 over the east) with only 15 games to go. Let's say Dallas wins out their remaining schedule, that would force the Spurs to go 10-5 down the home stretch to secure the top spot in the West. If LA wins out, the Spurs will need a 9-6 stretch run to beat their record.

The concerning part is that the Spurs remaining schedule is definitely the toughest of the 3 remaining teams. Dallas' schedule is the easiest.

Spurs remaining opponents:

3/18 At Dallas
3/19 Charlotte
3/21 Golden State
3/23 At Denver
3/25 At Portland
3/27 At Memphis
3/28 Portland
3/31 Boston
4/1 At Houston
4/3 Phoenix
4/5 At Atlanta
4/6 Sacramento
4/9 Utah
4/12 At LAL
4/13 Phoenix

I think the Spurs will win the games bolded. I think they probably won't lock up HCA until the 4/9 game against Utah and will then rest their team in the final B2B.

In the meantime, Dallas and LA will close the gap in frightening fashion and many folks in here will take their own lives. Once the playoffs start, however, we'll see once and for all if this Spurs team is worth their mettle. As it is, I don't think we've seen the best of this team since they pull safely out in front of the pack a couple of months ago.

I'm still confident in my team, however, and I'm confident this is how you'll see the remainder of the regular season play out.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

rAm
03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
well said chopper

#41 Shoot Em Up
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM
In denial much? lol

Budkin
03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
We'll most likely finish the season only up a game or two, but that's obviously enough.

Budkin
03-15-2011, 12:50 PM
In denial much? lol

I'm sorry, I can't hear you behind the Lakers.

Mal
03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
@Denver is definately winnable game.

Horse
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
The bottom line fact from the game last night is that the Spurs lost a regular season game that they didn't show up for. They played a team that is desperate to make a statement on national television. Should the Spurs have played up to their potential? Yes, but if you really expected them to do so you haven't paid much attention to their regular season trends the last few years. It's almost like the Spurs employ a "no hard feelings" rule after beating a good team, where they almost try to give one back. I think the Laker loss a couple of weeks ago was comparable to the Heat loss. I think Pop really doesn't care about the regular season enough to give any of the elite teams motivation for the post season. Lulling them into a sense of complacency seems to be the m.o.

The big problem, I believe, is that the Spurs are safely sitting on the number 1 seed and so they feel they don't have to push things right now. As it is, the Spurs are still 6 1/2 games up in the standings (6 over the east) with only 15 games to go. Let's say Dallas wins out their remaining schedule, that would force the Spurs to go 10-5 down the home stretch to secure the top spot in the West. If LA wins out, the Spurs will need a 9-6 stretch run to beat their record.

The concerning part is that the Spurs remaining schedule is definitely the toughest of the 3 remaining teams. Dallas' schedule is the easiest.

3/18 At Dallas
3/19 Charlotte
3/21 Golden State
3/23 At Denver
3/25 At Portland
3/27 At Memphis
3/28 Portland
3/31 Boston
4/1 At Houston
4/3 Phoenix
4/5 At Atlanta
4/6 Sacramento
4/9 Utah
4/12 At LAL
4/13 Phoenix

I think the Spurs will win the games bolded. I think they probably won't lock up HCA until the 4/9 game against Utah and will then rest their team in the final B2B.

In the meantime, Dallas and LA will close the gap in frightening fashion and many folks in here will take their own lives. Once the playoffs start, however, we'll see once and for all if this Spurs team is worth their mettle. As it is, I don't think we've seen the best of this team since they pull safely out in front of the pack a couple of months ago.

I'm still confident in my team, however, and I'm confident this is how you'll see the remainder of the regular season play out.

Amen brother, altough I think after last night we'll beat dallas, and I'm going from mississippi to SA for the bobcat game they better win that one.:flag:

tdunk21
03-15-2011, 01:03 PM

3/18 At Dallas
3/19 Charlotte
3/21 Golden State
3/23 At Denver
3/25 At Portland
3/27 At Memphis
3/28 Portland
3/31 Boston
4/1 At Houston
4/3 Phoenix
4/5 At Atlanta
4/6 Sacramento
4/9 Utah
4/12 At LAL
4/13 Phoenix

:tu

hater
03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
We'll most likely finish the season only up a game or two, but that's obviously enough.

yup. Going down to the wire. And if we lose to Dallas this Friday. We are really, really going down to the wire. Maybe last game of season will be the decider. :bang

Warlord23
03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree with Chopper's predictions, but not his opening statement. To say that the Spurs didn't show up or didn't care is hard to justify. In the first half, they were trying hard - Manu crashing to the floor on a tough layup, Parker trying hard to penetrate and score, winning the offensive rebounding battle early in the game, Duncan looking active on both ends - they certainly started off wanting to compete.

Pop's substitutions, some cold shooting, and the inability to defend Miami when Duncan was out killed that energy completely. In the second half they were basically sleepwalking and chucking low percentage shots. But they did start the game with intent, and were totally outplayed.

At this point, the Spurs need to prove that they can win tough games on the road. They haven't beaten a playoff-bound team on the road in 6 weeks! Look at their road record against the good teams after January 1st:
Losses at NY, Boston, NO, Portland, Philly, Chicago, Memphis, Miami
Win at LA (the Dice tip-in)

Sure, they've beaten a slew of non-playoff teams on the road (Indiana, Minny, Milwaukee, GS, Utah, Sacto, Detroit, Toronto, Washington, NJ, Cleveland, Houston).

To summarize, since Jan 1st, the Spurs are:
1-8 on the road against playoff teams
12-0 on the road against non-playoff teams

[Note: I'm including Indy as a non-playoff team as they're 10 games below .500, although they are in a tie with the Bobcats for the 8th seed]

benefactor
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
In previous years I would buy the complacency argument...but this year it's different. The Spurs have yet to show that they can be a consistent enough defensive team to be considered a contender. In years past, the Spurs would coast a bit but at the end of the day you still knew that Bowen was there on the perimeter and Duncan would be locking down the paint...with the rest of the role players following suit and playing good team D. Those days are long gone now. The perimeter is extremely shaky defensively and past his prime Duncan can't do it all anymore...and he only really has one other front line player to help him.

Things are just not the same. They have managed to post a fine record(and will likely have the first seed) thanks to the new offensive philosophy of allowing the guards to run the show. But the things that have been ignored are terminal...an aging anchor has no one to lean on and lock down perimeter has left with no one even doing a passable job of replacing him.

cd98
03-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Spurs are in trouble. They have no energy on defense and are too reliant on the three point shot. We have beat the cupcakes all year and that's why we have the best record. We've had varying success against playoff teams, but largely the best teams we have beat have been missing key players (Dallas/Dirk for example).

Spurs need to get the mojo working on defense by the end of the season or we'll be an early out.

By the way, I hope Duncan is holding back because it looks like he won't be a 20/10 guy in the playoffs or even a 10/10, which will be a major problem.

Bruno
03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
While I agree with you that Spurs should keep their fist seed and some loses could be put on Spurs costing, I disagree on the bottom line.

Bottom line is that Spurs, despite an amazing record, haven't been that impressing and have some glaring weaknesses. This great record is due of Spurs being 7-1 in games decided by 3pts or less and 26-1 against below .500 teams. On top of that, Lakers have looked damn great since the all star break.

At the end, the likely outcome of the season is Spurs reaching the WCF and being destroyed by Lakers. Nothing is set in stone (cf the 2007 title), but I don't like Spurs chances at all to win ti all. And that's the bottom line.

Budkin
03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
yup. Going down to the wire. And if we lose to Dallas this Friday. We are really, really going down to the wire. Maybe last game of season will be the decider. :bang

Nah we've pretty much got it locked up, but like Chopper said the gap will close fast.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Gotta ask - why didn't you guys see this coming? The record covered the weakness?

SA will end up with the top seed but they aren't built to get out of the West.

Budkin
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
While I agree with you that Spurs should keep their fist seed and some loses could be put on Spurs costing, I disagree on the bottom line.

Bottom line is that Spurs, despite an amazing record, haven't been that impressing and have some glaring weaknesses. This great record is due of Spurs being 7-1 in games decided by 3pts or less and 26-1 against below .500 teams. On top of that, Lakers have looked damn great since the all star break.

At the end, the likely outcome of the season is Spurs reaching the WCF and being destroyed by Lakers. Nothing is set in stone (cf the 2007 title), but I don't like Spurs chances at all to win ti all. And that's the bottom line.

Agreed. Unless the Spurs can find some magic combination and/or get Splitter back into the rotation (which is not going to happen), our chances to win it all this year are slim.

Budkin
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Gotta ask - why didn't you guys see this coming? The record covered the weakness?

Pretty much yeah. Plus we were playing with so much heart and determination earlier in the season that is just not there any more. I haven't given up on them by any means, but every team is a bad matchup for us now mainly because of size. I honestly will be very surprised if we get to the Finals.

tdunk21
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM

its just poor effort on the defensive end of the court....

TampaDude
The bottom line is unless they can find some defense, the Spurs are fucked.

hater

we are still in better shape to get out of the west than in 08 or 09. I'll take that given that ppl said we were not gonna make the playoffs this year.

ElNono
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Gotta ask - why didn't you guys see this coming?

What makes you think that we didn't? Guys like benefactor or Bruno have been singing the same tune since the season started...

beachwood
03-15-2011, 01:24 PM
HCA or not, I'm growing concerned with the lack of effort and intensity the Spurs are playing with right now. The team is slowly reverting to last season's play and its horrifying to watch. Certain players seem to be regressing instead of progressing.

Even with HCA, we are going to get our asses kicked if there's no change. In my book, two 30 point blowouts by elite teams in a span of 7 days is a huge red flag.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 01:25 PM
What makes you think that we didn't? Guys like benefactor or Bruno have been singing the same tune since the season started...

True, there has been a few. I've been lurking all season, and what I saw was most singing SA's praises and expecting ring even though SA wasn't winning games like they did as champions.

Typically, more than a couple here are objective so I thought the light would have shined brighter on the issue.

hater
03-15-2011, 01:29 PM
again. Noone outside San Antonio expected the Spurs to make the playoffs.

we are #1 seed. Spursfans need to be busting nuts right now. We'll see what happens in the playoffs.

Oh, Gee!!
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
true, but they've looked bad, really bad, in the more recent losses.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
The bottom line is unless they can find some defense, the Spurs are fucked.

Defense is defined by effort, IMO. Since January the Spurs haven't been showing the effort they showed early in the year. You can tell when a team's defensive intensity is there and when it isn't. The Spurs haven't shown it in a couple of months.

I like this team. I like what they bring. I think we'll see the defensive intensity ramp up. You're seeing the Lakers at their best right now, and the Spurs at 80%. I agree that beating them will be a daunting task, they have the youth and the size in the post to frustrate SA immensely.

But I'm going to give TD the benefit of the doubt until he proves he can't go in a post season. To date he's always turned things up once the playoffs start. If this team is healthy going into the playoffs I think we'll make some noise. When he's playing up to his best this team is hard to beat, whether he's scoring or not. I think if he is efforting on defense and rebounding that there are enough good shooters around him that we'll see a different team on the floor once the playoffs begin.

RJ is the other key. I think we'll get supreme effort from Manu and TP, but RJ will need to be the 4th cog in the wheel. He'll need to be a beast on the perimeter.

LA is the best team until someone beats them, no doubt. But I think the Spurs are going to give them a challenge and that things can go well if the cards turn in our favor. I believe the Spurs can prevail. The Lakers are not clearly better than us this year -- last year I couldn't have made that argument.

mexicanjunior
03-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't see us keeping the #1 seed...Lakers will catch us...

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Defense is defined by effort, IMO. Since January the Spurs haven't been showing the effort they showed early in the year. You can tell when a team's defensive intensity is there and when it isn't. The Spurs haven't shown it in a couple of months.

Got to have the tools though for playoff defense. Have to be able to take away primary options on opponents and dictate your style on that end.

Figuring you can just run-run-run never has resulted in a ring.

From the start, SA went offense first. Splitter signing was the lone exception and he hasn't gotten any run.

hater
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM

Bonner gives 110% effort, he just doesn't have the tools. Blair gives 110% effort, he's just not long enough. Hill gives 100% effort, he is just too scrawny.

Effort is important, and with 100% from everyone Spurs will be very good. But still, the limitations are there.

But like I said, I like my chances this year a lot more vs. 08,09,10

Mugen
03-15-2011, 01:47 PM
meh, anything can happen in the playoffs....

the Lakers are a major injury away from falling out of contention just like all the other elite teams.

the Spurs have definitely hit a lull which is understandable considering their hot start, but i have confidence they will turn it up again for the playoffs.

the Lakers/Miami hit their low points this season too but they both look strong again thanks to their recent play.

Though they have been nowhere near consistent, this team has shown flashes of being able to play shutdown D for a period of time. I still don't think comparisons to D'Antoni Suns are warranted, but even that team was a few lucky breaks away from being the 2007 title team.

My point being is that barring any sort of major injury, the Big 3 will be healthy going into the playoffs with the best supporting cast they've had since the 07 team. Thats all you could have asked for at the beginning of the season so I'll be happy. I expect the Spurs to be in the final four of the playoffs where anything is possible.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM

The Lakers play Portland twice, OKC, NOH, the Mavs and the Spurs yet in the regular season. They are 7 games back in the loss column with 14 to play. If they were to win out they'd only have 62 wins. The Spurs can go 9-6 and better that mark.

Dallas is more concerning from a #1 seed standpoint. They still have 16 games to play. They, too, play Portland twice, and have games against the Lakers, Spurs and Hornets. Beyond that, though their schedule is cake. They are 6 games back in the loss column and so they have a chance to seriously challenge SA. Kind of makes our game this week against them pretty darned important.

Sean Cagney
03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
In previous years I would buy the complacency argument...but this year it's different. The Spurs have yet to show that they can be a consistent enough defensive team to be considered a contender. In years past, the Spurs would coast a bit but at the end of the day you still knew that Bowen was there on the perimeter and Duncan would be locking down the paint...with the rest of the role players following suit and playing good team D. Those days are long gone now. The perimeter is extremely shaky defensively and past his prime Duncan can't do it all anymore...and he only really has one other front line player to help him.

Things are just not the same. They have managed to post a fine record(and will likely have the first seed) thanks to the new offensive philosophy of allowing the guards to run the show. But the things that have been ignored are terminal...an aging anchor has no one to lean on and lock down perimeter has left with no one even doing a passable job of replacing him.

This is all true there, some will deny it and stay in fantasy land, but the fact these things will show up scares the hell out of me. It is what it is though, they won alot with what they had and overachieved IMO.

Solid D
03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
You may be right Chopper. I think the Spurs have been playing soft and favoring transition D readiness a bit too much, lately. I'd like to see them being stronger with the ball and matching physicality, drawing fouls, and getting chippy to protect their style of play from the opposing team and the officiating crew.

Also, I fully expect a:
* TD21 "Splitter is needed" post any time now;
* Sequ "Bonner sucks" post any time now;
* Marcus Bryant getting-serious-now sighting any time now;
* Shelly sighting any time now (we wish)
* timvp breakout revelation any time now.

That is all.

spurtech09
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
bunch of little babies in here...lol...wah wah wah...dude what ever happen to the old saying we believe and blah blah blah....bunch of fakers up in here thats what it is....I believe the spurs will go all the way and win a championship.....Yes I believe...lets go spurs :)

spurtech09
03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Now thats the bottom line!!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
03-15-2011, 03:16 PM
bunch of little babies in here...lol...wah wah wah...dude what ever happen to the old saying we believe and blah blah blah....bunch of fakers up in here thats what it is....I believe the spurs will go all the way and win a championship.....Yes I believe...lets go spurs :)

Can't believe it took me this long to notice this troll...

Well done, BUMP :tu

DeadlyDynasty
03-15-2011, 03:20 PM

yeah.......................that's not happening...

jmanu20
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree with most that the Spurs have been consistently lacking on the defensive end, which is the M.O. that won us our four titles.

This Friday's game vs. the Mavs, in my opinion, is a bigger "statement" game than our recent loss against the Heat. The only way we'll see the Heat again is if the Finals is Spurs-Heat, which won't be the case. We've beaten LA twice so I'm confident Pop can figure out a way to do that again. Meanwhile, the Mavs blew two huge opportunities to gain ground with losses to the Griz and the Hornets (sans CP3).

Maybe this is just complacency talking, but they at least need to make things interesting in these games vs. top teams.

My prediction: If we win Friday, we'll hold on to the #1 seed in the West.

TheManFromAcme
03-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Pretty much yeah. Plus we were playing with so much heart and determination earlier in the season that is just not there any more. I haven't given up on them by any means, but every team is a bad matchup for us now mainly because of size. I honestly will be very surprised if we get to the Finals.

It's the Spurs and Lakers in the WC......and then everybody else.
Regardless of age, the Spurs still have Tony, Manu and Tim.....3 guys with the pedigree and experience and of course Mr.Air Force Academy himself....Pop.

They're going to make a stand come playoffs. Foolish to think otherwise.
I still believe the Lakers are the better team but many things can happen between now and April.

TheManFromAcme
03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
yeah.......................that's not happening...

my exact sentiments

crc21209
03-15-2011, 03:31 PM

And that's why they play the games. We'll see what happens in the end...

crc21209
03-15-2011, 03:39 PM

I like this team. I like what they bring. I think we'll see the defensive intensity ramp up. You're seeing the Lakers at their best right now, and the Spurs at 80%. I agree that beating them will be a daunting task, they have the youth and the size in the post to frustrate SA immensely.

But I'm going to give TD the benefit of the doubt until he proves he can't go in a post season. To date he's always turned things up once the playoffs start. If this team is healthy going into the playoffs I think we'll make some noise. When he's playing up to his best this team is hard to beat, whether he's scoring or not. I think if he is efforting on defense and rebounding that there are enough good shooters around him that we'll see a different team on the floor once the playoffs begin.

RJ is the other key. I think we'll get supreme effort from Manu and TP, but RJ will need to be the 4th cog in the wheel. He'll need to be a beast on the perimeter.

LA is the best team until someone beats them, no doubt. But I think the Spurs are going to give them a challenge and that things can go well if the cards turn in our favor. I believe the Spurs can prevail. The Lakers are not clearly better than us this year -- last year I couldn't have made that argument.

+1. The Lakers have had a cake-walk in the Playoffs the last couple years. Who did they beat (other than Boston in last year's Finals) that gave them a true challenge? The only other team I can think of is OKC. Other than that it was a cakewalk. Utah? No. Denver? Nice try, but no. Phoenix? Nah. Orlando in the 09' Finals? Pleeease. I think the two teams who could give the Lakers a run for their money this year are Dallas and the Spurs. The Spurs were "too young" in 03', and yet they pulled it off. In 05' the Spurs were praying TD's ankles would be fine, and they pulled it off. In 07' they were "too old,"and they won it all again. I'll never give up on this team, and TD, TP, and Manu know that that window is rapidly closing, and they'll give it all they have in the Playoffs, that's for damn sure...

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
It's the Spurs and Lakers in the WC......and then everybody else.
Regardless of age, the Spurs still have Tony, Manu and Tim.....3 guys with the pedigree and experience and of course Mr.Air Force Academy himself....Pop.

They're going to make a stand come playoffs. Foolish to think otherwise.
I still believe the Lakers are the better team but many things can happen between now and April.

Actually its the back-to-back champs and 3x conference winner then everyone else.

SA hasn't done enough in recent years to warrant the standing.

Solid D
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Actually its the back-to-back champs and 3x conference winner then everyone else.

The Spurs' players and coaches have continued to say the entire season that the Lakers are the team to beat. With that said, the Spurs 54-13 record in an evenly distributed number of home and away games, thusfar, "is what it is". At this juncture it = HCA as far as they can go in the playoffs.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
The Spurs have continued to say the entire season that the Lakers are the team to beat. With that said, the Spurs 54-13 record in an evenly distributed number of home and away games, thusfar, "is what it is". At this juncture it = HCA as far as they can go in the playoffs.

SA has had a great reg season this year. But over the past 4, forget the titles, its clear no other team is on the Lakers level in the West.

TheManFromAcme
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM

Partially true. The Spurs core of Tony, Manu and Tim is 4 years displaced from their last championship. Yeah, it's been a while but not ancient history either.

Given the fact that Manu did experience some crappy injuries, they would have been in the mix of things in '08 and '09 for sure. Lakers were still the better team but I for one am not going to sleep on S.A. just yet.

:toast

crc21209
03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
SA has had a great reg season this year. But over the past 4, forget the titles, its clear no other team is on the Lakers level in the West.

Yes, we know that already. Plenty of Spurs fans have already stated that in this thread, no need for you to come in and deepthroat them to get your point across....:lol

Solid D
03-15-2011, 04:08 PM

Clearly, since the Gasols trade.

TheManFromAcme
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes, we know that already. Plenty of Spurs fans have already stated that in this thread, no need for you to come in and deepthroat them to get your point across....:lol

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Clearly, since the Gasols trade.

Kobe would probably be in a different uniform right now had that deal not gone down.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Actually, it was Bynum's emergence that calmed Kobe down. LA had the top spot in the West with just those two.

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
while i agree with you that spurs should keep their fist seed and some loses could be put on spurs costing, i disagree on the bottom line.

Bottom line is that spurs, despite an amazing record, haven't been that impressing and have some glaring weaknesses. This great record is due of spurs being 7-1 in games decided by 3pts or less and 26-1 against below .500 teams. On top of that, lakers have looked damn great since the all star break.

At the end, the likely outcome of the season is spurs reaching the wcf and being destroyed by lakers. Nothing is set in stone (cf the 2007 title), but i don't like spurs chances at all to win ti all. And that's the bottom line.

+1

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Actually, it was Bynum's emergence that calmed Kobe down. LA had the top spot in the West with just those two.

Add Odom, Artest and Brown and I think the Lakers are extremely solid. Bynum's health is what would scare me as a Lakers fan. I still think Gasol is what puts them over the top however.

They're a stacked team, no doubt, which will make seeing them lose even that much more gratifying.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Bruno, I've not been one known to gamble, or for that matter to drink, smoke, fight or take up with women of ill-repute, but I'd be willing to put a wager against this "destruction" to be imposed by the Lakers.

Who am I kidding? Gambling, drinking, fighting and taking up with women of ill-repute are some of my favorite past times.

Pick your poison...I'm going to say that the Spurs would give LA all they could handle, either beating them or taking them to 7 games. If the Spurs/Lakers play in the WCF do you want to put your money (or some other compensatory item) where your mouth is my friend? Or are we merely talking here? :)

Solid D
03-15-2011, 04:46 PM

They were actually tied with the defending champion Spurs with the same record, the day of the Gasol trade.

crc21209
03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
They were actually tied with the defending champion Spurs with the same record, the day of the Gasol trade.

Burned. :lol

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 05:10 PM

But they weren't Charlie Sheenin.

:toast

But yes, they may have been tied at the time of the deal (29-16) but they were sitting pretty at 25-11 at the top of the West when Bynum got hurt (against Memphis ironically enough).

I remember it clearly. Next night LA had to go all out to beat Seattle in OT with Kobe going off and he said post-game that Bynum made them champion contenders and wished them well. Then it went to counting on LO as the #2 and it was about to go downhill fast.

No doubt Pau joining has kept LA at the top but it was Bynum that defused the Kobe situation.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Burned. :lol

Study up. What we both said was correct.

:wakeup

crc21209
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Study up. What we both said was correct.

:wakeup

Why is it that you magically appeared in March when the Lakers started playing well all of a sudden anyway? :lol

phxspurfan
03-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I agree except we're not losing at Denver or at Atlanta. And Pop may start his guys during the Laker game during the final week to get them used to playing LA and to hopefully keep the regular season record advantage (aren't they 2-1 right now?).

Bruno
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Pick your poison...I'm going to say that the Spurs would give LA all they could handle, either beating them or taking them to 7 games. If the Spurs/Lakers play in the WCF do you want to put your money (or some other compensatory item) where your mouth is my friend? Or are we merely talking here? :)

I'm a wuss so I don't bet. :)

Do you really think Spurs can match up with Lakers if they keep playing at the level they've had for one month?

SenorSpur
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM

Agreed.

These recent losses have really exposed cracks in the Spurs foundation that the sterling record has covered up.

First, the Spurs are an average defensive team, at best. They can summon up stops against certain opponents. However because they do not have great length, roster versatility and athleticism, they are very vulnerable in certain matchups against certain teams.

Second, and this is an old point, they are at an extreme deficient in the frontcourt. Something is out of whack when Duncan, at his advanced age and declining skill level, is still the best interior defender on the team. Something is wrong when the basis for the offensive philosophy is so woefully dependent on long-distance shooting. Something is wrong when Pop continues to stress the importance of getting stops and having a defensive mindset, but is preaching this message to a roster comprised primarily of players, whose do not have the requisite skillset required to defend.

People can deny it all they want, but the bottom line is the Spurs, as currently constructed, are not capable of overtaking the Fakers in a seven-game series. Barring an injury to key player or suspension, that is likely not going to change.

The Fakers have owned the matchup advantage over the Spurs, and the rest of the NBA, for about the past 2 seasons. It doesn't appear that much has changed - and unfortunately neither has the Spurs frontcourt.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm a wuss so I don't bet. :)

Do you really think Spurs can match up with Lakers if they keep playing at the level they've had for one month?

At this current level? Oh heck no.

On paper, I think we killed in the paint...the Lakers bring Bynum, Gasol and Odom. We bring TD, an undersized Blair, and an aged McDyess. I think Artest is capable of wearing guys out with his defense and physical play. I think PJ can match up with Pop in the thinking man's coaching department. We have no one who can truly stop Kobe.

But there's something about the Spurs that tells me when the games count they are going to be right there. TD, Parker and Manu know time is running out and I think they won't underestimate this opportunity. I'm aware that there is no longer a Bruce Bowen to make big stops or a Robert Horry to hit the big shot, but I think this team has a lot of pieces that the prior teams didn't. Blair can play bigger than he is. McDyess has a higher playoff gear. I'm interested to see Neal in the playoffs. Hill, IMO, still has more to his game than we've seen so far. RJ can still be a force when he's motivated, he's proven that. There's no one better than playoff Manu. Tim will be more like the Tim of old in the playoffs. I think TP may have his best post season ever. When this team clicks they are nearly unstoppable.

I feel like there's more than we've seen with this bunch. I think it will take a supreme effort and the grace of God to get past LA, but for some reason I feel like it's going to happen.

Spurs 2011 playoff record: 16-6. :lobt2:

said7
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
All you fear mongers will see the light! It's pretty silly to assume la or dallas will run the table. Grow a sac and have faith in your boys. You think they can change the team now?

Spurs Brazil
03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
The numbers don’t lie: Spurs’ D has taken a dip
Posted on March 15, 2011 at 5:16 pm by Tim Griffin

There’s no doubt the Spurs are coming off one of their worst defensive efforts of the season. They allowed Miami to hang 110 points on them in a convincing 110-80 loss that ranks as the team’s largest margin of victory of the season.

It continues a couple of noticeable trends. Miami hit 53.8 percent from the field, becoming the fourth consecutive team to improve the field-goal percentage from the previous game. A streak like that hasn’t happened for the Spurs’ defense all season.

Keep reading: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/15/the-numbers-dont-lie-spurs-d-has-taken-a-dip/

crc21209
03-15-2011, 06:57 PM

On paper, I think we killed in the paint...the Lakers bring Bynum, Gasol and Odom. We bring TD, an undersized Blair, and an aged McDyess. I think Artest is capable of wearing guys out with his defense and physical play. I think PJ can match up with Pop in the thinking man's coaching department. We have no one who can truly stop Kobe.

But there's something about the Spurs that tells me when the games count they are going to be right there. TD, Parker and Manu know time is running out and I think they won't underestimate this opportunity. I'm aware that there is no longer a Bruce Bowen to make big stops or a Robert Horry to hit the big shot, but I think this team has a lot of pieces that the prior teams didn't. Blair can play bigger than he is. McDyess has a higher playoff gear. I'm interested to see Neal in the playoffs. Hill, IMO, still has more to his game than we've seen so far. RJ can still be a force when he's motivated, he's proven that. There's no one better than playoff Manu. Tim will be more like the Tim of old in the playoffs. I think TP may have his best post season ever. When this team clicks they are nearly unstoppable.

I feel like there's more than we've seen with this bunch. I think it will take a supreme effort and the grace of God to get past LA, but for some reason I feel like it's going to happen.

+1. I said it earlier in the thread as well, that TD, Manu, and TP know this might be the last shot they ever get to win it all. With a possible lockout looming, this may be it. You know those 3, along with McDyess, are going to give everything they have in them to get that trophy this year....

Bruno
03-15-2011, 07:09 PM

I wished I was as optimistic as you but my SPAM hype machine is a little broken.

Maybe I will be back on your side in one month when the playoffs will start. It's up to Spurs to use that extra gear (if they have it).

phxspurfan
03-15-2011, 07:11 PM

Love this post. :flag:

cd98
03-15-2011, 07:25 PM
The Lakers play Portland twice, OKC, NOH, the Mavs and the Spurs yet in the regular season. They are 7 games back in the loss column with 14 to play. If they were to win out they'd only have 62 wins. The Spurs can go 9-6 and better that mark.

Dallas is more concerning from a #1 seed standpoint. They still have 16 games to play. They, too, play Portland twice, and have games against the Lakers, Spurs and Hornets. Beyond that, though their schedule is cake. They are 6 games back in the loss column and so they have a chance to seriously challenge SA. Kind of makes our game this week against them pretty darned important.

Actually Dallas tends to beat the good teams and lose to the bad ones. Maybe its a bad sign they are playing a bunch of cupcakes.

BTW, our record is so great because we don't lose to the cupcakes. We beat them every time. Unfortunately, all the cupcakes will be studying for the lottery during the playoffs, which means we will have to beat the teams that we have struggled against during the season (when those teams have been healthy).

spurs10
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Cheers Chopper and crc21209. I think you both have great takes. We didn't get our current standing by luck. It will pay off in dividends in the post season. The chance of the Lakers or the Ponies catching us is more than highly unlikely...it's not happening. We will come into the playoffs the #1 seed throughout with a highly motivated and talented team. The Spurs will give anybody in the league a major challenge, and yes you need to sack up if you feel differently. It will come to who is healthiest and hungriest. We might be beat to hell, but this is it... the last dance.

benefactor
03-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Chopper...your optimism is infectious...but I still hold the stance SenorSpur and many others hold. The Spurs just don't have the personnel to push past a healthy Lakers team...or possibly even Mavericks.

That said, I support this team to the end...whatever that end may be. Hopefully the end will be as you predict. :)

DPG21920
03-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Mavs are good, but the Spurs losing to them would be an upset, even with the Spurs playing rather mediocre ball and terrible defense.

2Cleva
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Why is it that you magically appeared in March when the Lakers started playing well all of a sudden anyway? :lol

I only get fired up when the playoffs are near. Like the Lakers, I cruise in the reg season.

timtonymanu
03-15-2011, 08:35 PM
You obviously see it in Tim, Manu, Tony, and McDyess's eyes that this is the year to win a title. They have been playing well lately. Like Chopper said, these guys will play hard.

However, I don't get that vibe from the rest of the group, excluding Gary Neal. The guys who aren't really playoff tested. They are more than capable of taking over games. Hill did it against the Mavericks. RJ showed it in Game 2 last year against Dallas. Bonner, while it's proven he fails in the playoffs, is having a career year. Blair is a wildcard to me. You either get 15 and 10 Blair or dumb IQ Blair. I just don't see the hunger or confidence from these guys like I do with the big 3 and McDyess. Hence, why I'm not confident about going up against LA in a series.

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
You obviously see it in Tim, Manu, Tony, and McDyess's eyes that this is the year to win a title. They have been playing well lately. Like Chopper said, these guys will play hard.

However, I don't get that vibe from the rest of the group, excluding Gary Neal. The guys who aren't really playoff tested. They are more than capable of taking over games. Hill did it against the Mavericks. RJ showed it in Game 2 last year against Dallas. Bonner, while it's proven he fails in the playoffs, is having a career year. Blair is a wildcard to me. You either get 15 and 10 Blair or dumb IQ Blair. I just don't see the hunger or confidence from these guys like I do with the big 3 and McDyess. Hence, why I'm not confident about going up against LA in a series.

Uhhhh.........OK! Are you watching the games?

spurs10
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Mavs are good, but the Spurs losing to them would be an upset, even with the Spurs playing rather mediocre ball and terrible defense.
This, but we won't be playing "mediocre ball or terrible defense." Our team will be motivated and playing with all they got, which has them about 6 games ahead of their closest competition right now. I think it will get much closer, maybe even only a 2 or 3 game lead in the end. I don't think the Lakers are deep enough, despite their length and youth in the post. I say this with respect to those who have their doubts. I just don't believe that a couple of blowouts mean a lot in the grand scheme of things (see 2005 Finals). The Lakers will be tough as hell, but I'd bet on the Spurs from what I've seen (which includes moments of good defense both individually and as a team).
:flag:

Calispursfan11
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Everyone is freaking out here. Do you see LakaLuva and the other Laker fans freaking out when their team loses 4 in a row? No.

Keep the faith Spurs fans. Pop's master plan is in motion. The Spurs are the same team that demolished the Heat not too long ago. Their are just taking a breather, but will be back to elite in no time.

The crowd is fickle. Just a couple of weeks ago, Eric Spoelstra was on the verge of getting fired. Now his team is a legitimate title contender again. Come on now.

Waps1980
03-15-2011, 09:00 PM

I think RJ will come to play in the playoffs as it could possibly be his last shot to, unless he gets traded from SA.
He's been there and lost it he knows that feeling, and like Dice the chance is so close to have another shot that is will get the blood pumping.
If these guys can stand and be counted we have a starting 5 that have all played in a finals series, 3 that know what it takes to win it all and 2 who have felt the pain of the other end of the stick which I believe will be enough drive for them to not want to feel it again.

diego
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
the bottom line is that at the beginning of the season we all thought we would need several miracles to be 6 games up on the entire league, yet here we are and only a few of those miracles have happened- splitter and anderson are basically empty roster spots, we were unable to pick up any quality player during the season.. two big things most everyone thought would be vital to have a strong season.

I disagree that the analysis should be that we fed on weak teams and got lucky in close games. For a good stretch the spurs played great basketball, controlling the tempo, creating turnovers and shooting lights out. most importantly, RJ looked like he actually fit in. Lately he's been invisible, on top of that pop is clearly trying out lineups- he wouldnt guard lebron with steve novak in the playoffs. there is still plenty of room for improvement (and miracles)

we are not favorites to win by any means, but the team has put itself in the best position (in terms of seeding) to roll the dice and see if TD and RJ wake up and they get those 3s to drop. if they get going anything can happen, and the same goes for all other teams- a slump or injury at the wrong time vs a basketball epiphany at the right time. given the circumstances, this is as good of a chance as we could have hoped for this season. I have even less faith in the next. may the basketball gods smile upon us :spam:

20beastie45
03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Everyone is freaking out here. Do you see LakaLuva and the other Laker fans freaking out when their team loses 4 in a row? No.

Keep the faith Spurs fans. Pop's master plan is in motion. The Spurs are the same team that demolished the Heat not too long ago. Their are just taking a breather, but will be back to elite in no time.

The crowd is fickle. Just a couple of weeks ago, Eric Spoelstra was on the verge of getting fired. Now his team is a legitimate title contender again. Come on now.

People are freaking out because we have a legitimate weakness on our squad. LA had injuries and chemistry was an issue. Chemistry is improving and they are getting healthy.

Still think we can beat them in seven....But we need to improve our weaknesses.

Nick Manning
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM

The Heat and Lakers have proven they can play lockdown defense consistently. The Spurs can't stop anybody

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
The Heat and Lakers have proven they can play lockdown defense consistently. The Spurs can't stop anybody

2/16 Cleveland 104, Lakers 99
2/14 Charlotte 109, Lakers 89
1/30 Boston 109, Lakers 96
1/19 Dallas 109, Lakers 100

3/8 Portland 105, Heat 96
3/4 San Antonio 125, Heat 95
1/13 Denver 130, Heat 102
1/12 Clippers 111, Heat 105

The Spurs can lockdown when they need to. Again, they're up by 6 games on the rest of the freaking league.

The Lakers have certainly tightened the screws recently, but they needed to otherwise they could have fallen into the second half of the seedings. The Spurs haven't had such challenges.

TD 21
03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
The Spurs are better defensively than they're given credit for and the Lakers are worse defensively than they're given credit for. Perfect example of people judging a book by their cover and not looking at the facts.

Up until yesterday, the Spurs were ahead of the Lakers virtually the entire season in defensive efficiency (with Duncan playing roughly 29 mpg, McDyess roughly 18 mpg and Splitter not being in the rotation). Even now, they're only a spot behind them. Yet the perception persists that the Lakers are a lock down outfit and the Spurs are a sieve, when in fact they're both somewhere in the middle.

BackHome
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
The team that win the championship is the team that is playing the best ball at the end of the season. We are starting to play like shit and Pop is coaching like shit!

Nick Manning
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Tim Duncan is a shell of the defender he once was, and the Spurs have no lockdown defender like Bowen.

The Spurs don't rebound particularly well either.

They also defend the 3 like shit too...

But hey, you guys are 53-12 so your success will undoubtedly translate to the postseason as well

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
If you're concerned about defense the Knicks may have been a bad bandwagon choice, Nick.

When the Spurs try on defense they've done pretty well this year. Effort does mean alot. Bonner is the only guy that can't play defense even when he's trying. He's got his role, though, which is to draw out the other team's big men and hit the 3. Everyone else on the roster is a capable defender. Again, they just haven't needed a lot of it this season. I expect to see a tightening of the screws in the playoffs.

spurs10
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Tim Duncan is a shell of the defender he once was, and the Spurs have no lockdown defender like Bowen.

The Spurs don't rebound particularly well either.

They also defend the 3 like shit too...

But hey, you guys are 53-12 so your success will undoubtedly translate to the postseason as well
First of all, it's 54-13 Nick. Secondly, hearing a Knicks fan talk about defense is like a Mavs fan talking about championships. Hope to see you in the Finals, but the chances of that happening are far worse than the world coming to the end.

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
If you're concerned about defense the Knicks may have been a bad bandwagon choice, Nick.

When the Spurs try on defense they've done pretty well this year. Effort does mean alot. Bonner is the only guy that can't play defense even when he's trying. He's got his role, though, which is to draw out the other team's big men and hit the 3. Everyone else on the roster is a capable defender. Again, they just haven't needed a lot of it this season. I expect to see a tightening of the screws in the playoffs.

We're not talking about the Knicks, and fyi I have no delusions of grandeur about their obvious shortcomings on defense--unlike you with your team.

Your team is incapable of defending the Lakers over the course of a Playoff series. You know, the playoffs, where LAL tends to dominate teams and expose their weaknesses.

Nobody on the Spurs can guard Bynum or Gasol one-on-one w/o getting facefucked. Seriously, do you think Duncan/Blair/Dice/Bonner is going to even come close to matching the production of Bynum/Odom/Gasol?

Come to think of it, who the hell is gonna guard Kobe? George Hill? crofl, Kobe will just post him up again and get easy shots.

No matter how you slice it, the Spurs defense can't dictate shit against a focused Laker team

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 01:54 PM
"but but but we're 53-12 so that's all that matters"

The Phoenix Suns say wassup

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
We're not talking about the Knicks, and fyi I have no delusions of grandeur about their obvious shortcomings on defense--unlike you with your team.

Your team is incapable of defending the Lakers over the course of a Playoff series. You know, the playoffs, where LAL tends to dominate teams and expose their weaknesses.

Nobody on the Spurs can guard Bynum or Gasol one-on-one w/o getting facefucked. Seriously, do you think Duncan/Blair/Dice/Bonner is going to even come close to matching the production of Bynum/Odom/Gasol?

Come to think of it, who the hell is gonna guard Kobe? George Hill? crofl, Kobe will just post him up again and get easy shots.

No matter how you slice it, the Spurs defense can't dictate shit against a focused Laker team

LA may lose before the WCF this year. That's my gut feeling.

crc21209
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM

+1. I agree with you that being a solid defensive team is based on effort most of the time. At times (the 1st Laker game at home) the Spurs have looked superb on D. The rotations were crisp and quick as hell. There have been other games as well but I remember that 1st Laker game sticking out in my mind because I remember watching and thinking "Damn they're everywhere on D." I think the Spurs do have another gear when it comes to defense, but why bust your balls right now when you have a 6-7 game league on the rest of the guys behind you...

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
LA may lose before the WCF this year. That's my gut feeling.

scro that feeling is probably gas.

OKC and Portland are the only teams that pose significant matchup problems for them, and OKC is pretty much locked into the 4th seed while the Blazers will probably finish 5th or 6th.

DAL w/o HCA against LAL would be done in 5.

It's wishful thinking to suggest that LA won't make the WCF. Start praying, brah. Pray the shit outta that prayer

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
First of all, it's 54-13 Nick. Secondly, hearing a Knicks fan talk about defense is like a Mavs fan talking about championships. Hope to see you in the Finals, but the chances of that happening are far worse than the world coming to the end.

Oh my bad, scrah...that changes everything now...

There's just no rational scenario that has San Antonio beating Los Angeles 4 times in a series. tbh I'm having a hard time seeing them win even 2 or 3 games. Sorry brah, the Lakers are just too big and the Spurs have nobody who can adequately defend Kobe.

These are things we know.

Horse
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
The truth is everyone has been waiting for a slump all year long and we kept bouncing back and winning, now we're in a slump better to get it over with now. We are so deep and yes we depend on the 3, but those 3's have been going down no reason to think they won't start falling again. Every team has weaknesses we just have to exploit them I trust Pop will have us ready come playoff time.

Horse
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh my bad, scrah...that changes everything now...

There's just no rational scenario that has San Antonio beating Los Angeles 4 times in a series. tbh I'm having a hard time seeing them win even 2 or 3 games. Sorry brah, the Lakers are just too big and the Spurs have nobody who can adequately defend Kobe.

These are things we know.
How bout our backcourt vs. theres dipshit, or our bench vs. theres. If we can overcome phil's whining at the press conference between games and the gigantic effect it's always had, going back to his chicago days(your a knick fan you know what I'm talking about) we can get those la fags.

elec99
03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
In denial much? lol

lol at you, you just lost hca to the lakers. That means bye bye in the second round. No more rick.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
scro that feeling is probably gas.

OKC and Portland are the only teams that pose significant matchup problems for them, and OKC is pretty much locked into the 4th seed while the Blazers will probably finish 5th or 6th.

DAL w/o HCA against LAL would be done in 5.

It's wishful thinking to suggest that LA won't make the WCF. Start praying, brah. Pray the shit outta that prayer

Looking at the remaining schedules I think Dallas will have HCA over LA. LA will have to claw through Portland and Dallas to reach the WCF. Won't be easy.

Considering the fact that you'll disappear as soon as LA is gone, I'm not sure why I'm even having this conversation with you.

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Looking at the remaining schedules I think Dallas will have HCA over LA. LA will have to claw through Portland and Dallas to reach the WCF. Won't be easy.

Considering the fact that you'll disappear as soon as LA is gone, I'm not sure why I'm even having this conversation with you.

lol getting defensive

Dallas has 7 home games and 8 road games left. LA has 10 home and 4 away left...yet you, in your infinite wisdom predict Dallas to finish better despite being 1 game behind and still having to go to Staples for another game.

Then you have a red-hot Blazers team actually falling in the standings to the point where they'd play LA in the first round.

Do you think before you post?

Take a look at both of our scenarios and ask yourself this: Which one is based in reality, and which one is wishful thinking?

You are a fucking dumbass and I just proved it...moving along...

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 05:27 PM
lol getting defensive

Dallas has 7 home games and 8 road games left. LA has 10 home and 4 away left...yet you, in your infinite wisdom predict Dallas to finish better despite being 1 game behind and still having to go to Staples for another game.

Then you have a red-hot Blazers team actually falling in the standings to the point where they'd play LA in the first round.

Take a look at both of our scenarios and ask yourself this: Which one is based in reality, and which one is wishful thinking?

But wait, you're going to at least stick around until LA loses, right?? Don't go Nick...I'm sorry...come back...come back......

call me.

rascal
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM

Had Dirk not have gotten injurned the Mavs may have the best record now. The mavs went on a bad run right after Dirk and Butler went down. They righted the ship when Dirk got back.
It would not be an upset if the Spurs lose to the mavs and especially if the Spurs are playing mediocre ball and terrible defense like they have been lately.

Nick Manning
03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
But wait, you're going to at least stick around until LA loses, right?? Don't go Nick...I'm sorry...come back...come back......

call me.

The last time LA lost your boy GWB was still blowing lines in the Oval Office...g/l with that one, scrah :rollin

rascal
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
lol getting defensive

Agree with you. The lakers will lock into the number 2 seed.

20beastie45
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
The last time LA lost your boy GWB was still blowing lines in the Oval Office...g/l with that one, scrah :rollin

the Bold is funny!!!!:lmao:lmao:lmao

rascal
03-16-2011, 05:43 PM
The truth is everyone has been waiting for a slump all year long and we kept bouncing back and winning, now we're in a slump better to get it over with now. We are so deep and yes we depend on the 3, but those 3's have been going down no reason to think they won't start falling again. Every team has weaknesses we just have to exploit them I trust Pop will have us ready come playoff time.

Its not a slump until the spurs start losing to the weak non playoff teams. They got destroyed by the better team(Lakers) at home and they got destroyed in a road game against a desperate team that is trying to save their season(Heat) otherwise they still have won the games they have supposed to win.

Calispursfan11
03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
7-3 in the last 10 games is a slump? I'm sure the Cavs would love that slump.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Agree with you. The lakers will lock into the number 2 seed.

Maybe...

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-28-2011, 04:02 PM

3/18 At Dallas
3/19 Charlotte
3/21 Golden State
3/23 At Denver
3/25 At Portland
3/27 At Memphis
3/28 Portland
3/31 Boston
4/1 At Houston
4/3 Phoenix
4/5 At Atlanta
4/6 Sacramento
4/9 Utah
4/12 At LAL
4/13 Phoenix

Ok, so the Spurs are 3-3 after the first 6 games on this list just as anticipated. Also, folks are jumping off buildings, again, just as anticipated. I still think, even with these injuries, that the Spurs can win at least 5 more games to lock up HCA. And if they don't it can just fuel our underdog status even more.

Being healthy for the playoffs is more important than these last few games.

spurtech09
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree with you ed....rather have a healthy spurs team:)