PDA

View Full Version : Spurs sign Danny Green

Ditty
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/march/spurs-sign-green-for-remainder-of-season.html

not sure if posted, for the remainder of the year

I like this signing.
:toast

LakerHater
03-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Why do the Spurs sign guys Pop is not gonna use!??

Basketball Power
03-15-2011, 05:54 PM
will he play center? he meets the Spurs height requirement for that position

mardigan
03-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I like it. Still very young, and athletic as hell. Hope he can stick around this time.

DesignatedT
03-15-2011, 05:55 PM
It's not all about this season. I liked the signing earlier in the year and like it now. He has potential to turn into something good.

LakerHater
03-15-2011, 05:56 PM
A 6'6" swing... C'mon!

DPG21920
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I am a little surprised by this.

ginobilized
03-15-2011, 06:03 PM
does this mean james anderson can say goodbye to the floor this year?

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
does this mean james anderson can say goodbye to the floor this year?

he is obviously not ready to contribute this year.

easy7
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
He is a spot up 3 point shooter, why not? :hat Live by the 3; die by the 3.

timtonymanu
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow! That came out of nowhere.

I thought he was decent.

Libri
03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
“He’s a young guy who, in time, is going to be a good player. Sometimes it takes somebody two, three, four years before they find the right situation."

So this means that we might get to see him play next year.

jjktkk
03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
He is a spot up 3 point shooter, why not? :hat Live by the 3; die by the 3.

True, but Green can also defend. I actually never wanted the Spurs to waive Green in the 1st place. This signing is more about next year anyway, so nothing really to get excited about this year.

mexicanjunior
03-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Would have been better off investing in a young PG to replace Quinn or a big body to replace Bonner/Mcdyess...

Juggity
03-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Obviously our savior!

Mal
03-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Well it wasnt James Andersons year after all.

Muser
03-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Spurs gonna try and knock the other team out?

http://www.livefight.com/images/pages/1263554704Danny-Green.jpg

SenorSpur
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
They already have enough 3-pt chuckers. How's his dribble drive and his defense? THat's where the Spurs are getting torched.

Blackjack
03-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Good signing, considering. Green's a good bet to be a solid role player and could excel in the Spurs' system/environment.

Considering because, it's not like Pop's gonna play anyone else that didn't get the Spurs the No. 1 seed. If Splitter can't get off the bench and even Anderson can't find the time after proving himself to be an asset for the team - maybe he winds being that again as his conditioning improves - it's not like some guy off the street's gonna be given time to contribute.

Good signing, considering . . .

underdawg
03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Well it wasnt James Andersons year after all.

If that's the case, send Anderson down and bring Kyle Weaver up

MaNu4Tres
03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
:jack

TD 21
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Good signing, considering. Green's a good bet to be a solid role player and could excel in the Spurs' system/environment.

Considering because, it's not like Pop's gonna play anyone else that didn't get the Spurs the No. 1 seed. If Splitter can't get off the bench and even Anderson can't find the time after proving himself to be an asset for the team - maybe he winds being that again as his conditioning improves - it's not like some guy off the street's gonna be given time to contribute.

Good signing, considering . . .

Exactly.

It's obvious that this is akin to the Gee signing of last season. In essence, the Spurs are hoping to find a diamond in the rough to provide depth at SF and serve as a wing defender. Barring a rash of injuries, Green hasn't the fainest of hope to even be active with any degree of regularity, let alone to crack the rotation. Instead of having him come to a free agent camp, open gym, etc., like Neal, this gives them a head start, in terms of evaluating him and working with him.

I still maintain that when the musical chairs with this spot/role eventually stop, Hairston winds up as the guy, unless they're able to fill it through the draft.

timtonymanu
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Exactly.

It's obvious that this is akin to the Gee signing of last season. In essence, the Spurs are hoping to find a diamond in the rough to provide depth at SF and serve as a wing defender. Barring a rash of injuries, Green hasn't the fainest of hope to even be active with any degree of regularity, let alone to crack the rotation. Instead of having him come to a free agent camp, open gym, etc., like Neal, this gives them a head start, in terms of evaluating him and working with him.

I still maintain that when the musical chairs with this spot/role eventually stop, Hairston winds up as the guy, unless they're able to fill it through the draft.

What's up with Malik Hairston? Is he still on the Spurs' radar or have they moved on from him? A lot of people like to rip on the guy but he was a good defender.

Sisk
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
As stated:

Listed height: 6 ft 6 in

Sean Cagney
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Didn't see this coming but oh well can't hurt.

elemento
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
As stated:

Listed height: 6 ft 6 in

As i know Spurs fan care a lot about size here i go:

He is a strong 6'6

He is 6'5"25 without shoes and 6'6"50 with shoes, exactly the same size of Dejuan Blair. He has a 6'10" wingspan

James Anderson is listed as a 6'6 as well, but loot at his measurements:

6'4"75 w/t shoes and 6'5"75 with shoes/ 6'8"50 wingspan. A weak 6'6

TD 21
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
What's up with Malik Hairston? Is he still on the Spurs' radar or have they moved on from him? A lot of people like to rip on the guy but he was a good defender.

He signed a two-year contract in Italy. I could be wrong, but I believe he's got an opt out after this season to return to the NBA.

The way the Spurs spoke about him after he left, I got the sense that he's still in their plans. I never thought he wasn't, though. He just got a guaranteed contract overseas and a chance at more playing time than he was likely to get with the Spurs.

Holden_Caulfield
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
we're definitely getting to the wcf now.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Why do the spurs sign people they will never use?

mexpurs21
03-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Cuz they think he is the next Gary Neal

SenorSpur
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey if Green works out, it will be a huge bonus for the Spurs - and one less thing they need to worry about during the draft. Some spirited competition (and depth) at the SF position is something they badly need.

Perhaps then they can dedicate themselves to finding the best "big" that's available to them at the end of the round.

Baseline
03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Danny Green was horrible at Carolina, and is still horrible.

He's a 15th man at best.

SenorSpur
03-15-2011, 11:15 PM
For those interested, here's ESPN's 2009 Draft Profile for Green

Player Evaluation - Danny Green

Projection:
Late first to early second

Positives
- All-around player who excels on both ends of the floor
- Offensively very smooth
- Has a nice stroke with growing NBA 3-point range
- He's a good rebounder for his position
- A potential lockdown defender
- Tough, great basketball IQ

Negatives:
- Just an average athlete
- Not particularly explosive
- Lacks great lateral quickness
- More than a role player in the pros?

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
03-15-2011, 11:33 PM
awww man i thought it was that 6'7 dude from sac

crc21209
03-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Non-story for this season, but could be pretty valuable in the future....

FlAVaK
03-16-2011, 05:39 AM
awww man i thought it was that 6'7 dude from sac

that`s Donte Greene, 6-10 or even 6-11...

mudyez
03-16-2011, 06:16 AM

coz at the point where they secure HCA, they won't play tony, manu, timmy, dyess and rj anymore and someone has to play!

mudyez
03-16-2011, 06:19 AM
@Holden_Caulfield:

your sig just cost me 40 minutes of my life!

can't stop watching it...just cant!

Texas_Ranger
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
he'll be gone in 10 days. Nothing new.

weebo
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Another scrub signing. When are the Spurs signing the next the Tim Duncan?

leemajors
03-16-2011, 10:05 AM
he'll be gone in 10 days. Nothing new.

except that it was for the remainder of the season.

phyzik
03-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Spurs gonna try and knock the other team out?

http://www.livefight.com/images/pages/1263554704Danny-Green.jpg

Well, he did knock out Roy Jones Jr back in december of 09. :p:

rascal
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
For those interested, here's ESPN's 2009 Draft Profile for Green

Player Evaluation - Danny Green

Projection:
Late first to early second

Positives
- All-around player who excels on both ends of the floor
- Offensively very smooth
- Has a nice stroke with growing NBA 3-point range
- He's a good rebounder for his position
- A potential lockdown defender
- Tough, great basketball IQ

Negatives:
- Just an average athlete
- Not particularly explosive
- Lacks great lateral quickness
- More than a role player in the pros?

Pop doesn't like to fill the roster with athletic explosive type of players.

wildbill2u
03-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Just one more signing to prove the Spurs are looking desperately for more 6'5 or 6'6 players to fill an as yet un-stated role. This mono-mania on players who are this height may be some kind of experiment that Pop wants to try to leave as his legacy of a new paradigm of play in the NBA.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with the new-look Spurs A.D. (after Duncan)--the Flying Fleas. A deep rotation of interchangeable small-ball players who rely on ball movement, shooting and small-guy pestering defense as their style of play..

Possible starters are Manu, Parker, Anderson, Blair, Hill, Neal, Green, Jeffers, blah, blah, blah.

Then I woke up screaming.

tdunk21
03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/jmcdonald_saen

Spurs (re) sign Danny Green for remainder of season. Spurs roster at 14. Wouldn't be surprising if they add 15th before playoffs. Just cuz.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM
the question is, is he better then james anderson atm?

a healthy james anderson i dont think is better then gary neal atm

dbestpro
03-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Spurs are thinking two steps ahead. Neal will replace Hill as backup point, Anderson will move into the backup SG, Green (if he works out) will get the backup SF and Hill will be traded before he becomes a FA.....................or not.

Thomas82
03-16-2011, 10:45 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/jmcdonald_saen

If they did sign a 15th player, wouldn't it be funny if it ended up being Ryan Richards? I'm well aware of his situation, but he was just the 1st name that came to me.

Ditty
03-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Spurs are thinking two steps ahead. Neal will replace Hill as backup point, Anderson will move into the backup SG, Green (if he works out) will get the backup SF and Hill will be traded before he becomes a FA.....................or not.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/291/5291/54460.jpg

Ice009
03-16-2011, 11:15 PM
If they did sign a 15th player, wouldn't it be funny if it ended up being Ryan Richards? I'm well aware of his situation, but he was just the 1st name that came to me.

Uhh no. Complete waste of time to sign him this season.

ceperez
04-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Decent showing today:

13 minutes
4-7 shots
1-2 3 points
3 rebounds
1 TO
3 fouls
9 points

How was his defense?

jag
04-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Decent showing today:

13 minutes
4-7 shots
1-2 3 points
3 rebounds
1 TO
3 fouls
9 points

How was his defense?

It's hard to know because he's never really d-ing up good perimeter players during meaningful minutes. He's athletic and he seems to have decent lateral quickness, but that's about all I can say.

jag
04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
He's not a better player than JA, that's for sure. He's only out there because it seems like Anderson never really got back in the swing of things after his injury.

ceperez
04-06-2011, 11:12 PM
It's hard to know because he's never really d-ing up good perimeter players during meaningful minutes. He's athletic and he seems to have decent lateral quickness, but that's about all I can say.

Down side is that he had 3 fouls not "really d-ing up".

ceperez
04-06-2011, 11:13 PM
He's not a better player than JA, that's for sure. He's only out there because it seems like Anderson never really got back in the swing of things after his injury.

I think Anderson is pretty much done for the season and playoffs... he has the talent but just seems out of synch.

Ditty
04-06-2011, 11:16 PM
He shut down Brandon Roy when they played here last time...

I like what I see, hopefully he can give Spurs the depth at back up small forward in the playoffs

ceperez
04-06-2011, 11:34 PM
He shut down Brandon Roy when they played here last time...

I like what I see, hopefully he can give Spurs the depth at back up small forward in the playoffs

What was interesting here is that Pop inserted him in the lineup at the end of the first quarter (not during garbage time).

The Truth #6
04-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Anderson is out of synch...based on what? I assumed he's not playing because Pop feels compelled to make talented young players miserable.

SenorSpur
04-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Don't forget, after having been indoctrinated into Mike Brown's defensive system, which is probably very familiar similar to the Spurs, Green is probably much farther along in coprorate knowledge.

ChuckD
04-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Anderson is out of synch...based on what? I assumed he's not playing because Pop feels compelled to make talented young players miserable.

...and fans on message boards all butt hurt.

jjktkk
04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
...and fans on message boards all butt hurt.

This. Waiting for the "Free Anderson" threads anytime now.

TD 21
04-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Anderson is clearly the more talented player and I expect him to have a better career. But we live in the present and in the here and now, Green is more capable of helping the team in the playoffs than Anderson is. He's in better shape and he's more sure of himself. Anderson looks like a wide-eyed rookie; Green plays like he knows he belongs. He's also got some big game experience and doesn't seem like the type who would shrink or back down if he had to play more than an end of quarter defensive stand in the playoffs.

Green is a good fit on this team. Even though he's a limited player, they don't need a spectacular talent or athlete to fill the role they're looking for. They need someone who's athletic enough to play above average defense against wings and shoot the three at a good enough percentage to not be a liability offensively.

Not that they're set up at SF for the next decade, but all of a sudden, they've got some depth there now and enough options that, short of the absolute best prospect available at their pick being an SF, they don't need to draft one nor necessarily sign one. The situation isn't as dire as it was during training camp, when Simmons was being given a look, or even during the season, when Udoka was being given a look.

ceperez
04-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Anderson is clearly the more talented player and I expect him to have a better career. But we live in the present and in the here and now, Green is more capable of helping the team in the playoffs than Anderson is. He's in better shape and he's more sure of himself. Anderson looks like a wide-eyed rookie; Green plays like he knows he belongs. He's also got some big game experience and doesn't seem like the type who would shrink or back down if he had to play more than an end of quarter defensive stand in the playoffs.

My sentiments exactly. Green has always played as a role player in a team with a more advanced system. Anderson, although more talented, has played only on teams where he was the main go-to guy.

I predict that Green will likely be suited up for the playoffs. Anderson unfortunately will be in the injury reserve.

SenorSpur
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM

Green is a good fit on this team. Even though he's a limited player, they don't need a spectacular talent or athlete to fill the role they're looking for. They need someone who's athletic enough to play above average defense against wings and shoot the three at a good enough percentage to not be a liability offensively.

Not that they're set up at SF for the next decade, but all of a sudden, they've got some depth there now and enough options that, short of the absolute best prospect available at their pick being an SF, they don't need to draft one nor necessarily sign one. The situation isn't as dire as it was during training camp, when Simmons was being given a look, or even during the season, when Udoka was being given a look.

Simmons and Udoka? Wow. That seems like a lifetime ago - almost like another whole season ago.

SenorSpur
04-07-2011, 12:34 PM
My sentiments exactly. Green has always played as a role player in a team with a more advanced system. Anderson, although more talented, has played only on teams where he was the main go-to guy.

I predict that Green will likely be suited up for the playoffs. Anderson unfortunately will be in the injury reserve.

I hope Green will be suited up for the playoffs. There is no for him not to. He's been surprisingly productive in small stints and really could be a solid backup for RJ.

However knowing Pop, I see him keeping Green suited up merely for insurance and blowouts. I'd be surprised if he got any real meaningful time in playoff games.

Mel_13
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I hope Green will be suited up for the playoffs. There is no for him not to. He's been surprisingly productive in small stints and really could be a solid backup for RJ.

However knowing Pop, I see him keeping Green suited up merely for insurance and blowouts. I'd be surprised if he got any real meaningful time in playoff games.

What are you suggesting that Pop should do?

1. Expand the rotation for the playoffs.

2. Play Green ahead of one of these players:

Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Hill
Neal

SenorSpur
04-07-2011, 12:46 PM
What are you suggesting that Pop should do?

1. Expand the rotation for the playoffs.

2. Play Green ahead of one of these players:

Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Hill
Neal

Uh no. However, there could very well be some situations where Green could provide some brief, spot minutes. After all, he's already demonstrated to be a better defender than RJ.

Mel_13
04-07-2011, 12:53 PM
He's been surprisingly productive in small stints and really could be a solid backup for RJ.

there could very well be some situations where Green could provide some brief, spot minutes.

The second version is better.

timtonymanu
04-07-2011, 01:13 PM

I think Pop would choose Novak over Green to back up RJ, unfortunately. I do expect Green to be in the 12th man roster with Anderson, Quinn, and Butler inactive.

phxspurfan
06-18-2014, 02:04 PM
lot of fail in this here thread...

DBMethos
06-18-2014, 02:53 PM
we're definitely getting to the wcf now.

Should have dreamt bigger.

Chinook
06-18-2014, 03:30 PM
The second of the four acquisitions that made the Spurs contenders again.

smaka
06-18-2014, 03:37 PM
I still remember Danny when he played for my hometown team during lockout. He wasn't really good. Yeah, had couple of good games, but other than that, nothing impressive. All the journalists and fans were saying he is never gonna be any good in the nba. Look where he is now. :toast

Nigga didn't even get a haircut while playing here :lol
http://img.rtvslo.si/_up/upload/2011/11/09/64834280_img_6539_show.jpg

Aztecfan03
06-18-2014, 03:46 PM

Who was first? splitter? And Kawhi/ diaw are 3/4 right?

Chinook
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM

Yeah.

Jimcs50
06-18-2014, 04:29 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/march/spurs-sign-green-for-remainder-of-season.html

not sure if posted, for the remainder of the year

I like this signing.
:toast

I predict that this will be a good signing. I predict that he will break the all time 3 point total in the Finals.

:p:

Blake
06-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Bonner being the 4th

Blake
06-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Bonner being the 4th

Raven
06-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I still remember Danny when he played for my hometown team during lockout. He wasn't really good. Yeah, had couple of good games, but other than that, nothing impressive. All the journalists and fans were saying he is never gonna be any good in the nba. Look where he is now. :toast

tbh i thought he was pretty fucking awesome ... the team underachived because of Varda and of otherwise shitty overrated players and Green was definetely missused.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2014, 05:03 PM

The problem was that Olimpija thought Danny was better than he really was. The guy had to do everything on offense and with his ball handling skills thats not that good. I also don't get why some fans were not happy with him, it's not like he was a proven NBA player. And with all that he was still their best player.

Juggity
06-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Obviously our savior!

If this wasn't sarcastic it would have been a good take :lol

Even in his first games as a spur, DG was more active defensively than any other wing on the team. He was hustling. That said, it took 2 years to turn him into a competent role player, but in many ways he has been one of the saviors of the team.

tim_duncan_fan
06-18-2014, 05:38 PM
So glad this guy got a ring.

He really is one of those consummate Spurs.

Shabazz
06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
So glad this guy got a ring.

He really is one of those consummate Spurs.

word

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 06:09 PM

The Spurs would have been "contenders" with or without Danny Green.

Kiwi
06-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Just one more signing to prove the Spurs are looking desperately for more 6'5 or 6'6 players to fill an as yet un-stated role. This mono-mania on players who are this height may be some kind of experiment that Pop wants to try to leave as his legacy of a new paradigm of play in the NBA.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with the new-look Spurs A.D. (after Duncan)--the Flying Fleas. A deep rotation of interchangeable small-ball players who rely on ball movement, shooting and small-guy pestering defense as their style of play..

Possible starters are Manu, Parker, Anderson, Blair, Hill, Neal, Green, Jeffers, blah, blah, blah.

Then I woke up screaming.

Flying flees bit was somewhat accurate :lol:lol

Chinook
06-18-2014, 07:02 PM

Yeah, like, you know, like they were.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2014, 07:18 PM
The Spurs would have been "contenders" with or without Danny Green.That's the spirit!

Thought you committed suicide when the Spurs won it all, but you'll always find something to bitch about.

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 07:24 PM
That's the spirit!

Thought you committed suicide when the Spurs won it all, but you'll always find something to bitch

about.

I ran into your troll account a week ago. Pretty pathetic attempt at trolling, tbh. I thought you were perma banned. I guess there's always next season though.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I ran into your troll account a week ago. Pretty pathetic attempt at trolling, tbh. I thought you were perma banned. I guess there's always next season though.:wtf

What are you talking about?

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 07:31 PM
:wtf

What are you talking about?

Ignignokt.. forgive me if I misspelled it.

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah, like, you know, like they were.

Like you know, for the past seventeen years.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Ignignokt.. forgive me if I misspelled it.Uh, that ain't me.

Shabazz
06-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Of course... because the Spurs have been contenders nearly every season Pop has been here.

But Danny is one piece that helped make the Spurs a title favorite again. The defense he and Kawhi provide are a pivotal piece for a championship. Danny can guard 3 positions well, and really hinders elite point guards when Pop puts sicks him on them. Kawhi can guard 3 or 4 positions at an elite level too.

It flies under the radar with his 3pt shooting, but Danny's defense is probably my favorite aspect of his game. He can play safety and cause havoc on opposing transition opportunities with blocks, strips, deflections, etc... Plus the way he has harassed guys like Chris Paul and Steph Curry into poor shooting nights is fantastic.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Hoops Czar has spent years repeating that the Spurs aren't legit contenders, now all of a sudden, they would have been contenders with or without Green:lol..

Chinook
06-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Like you know, for the past seventeen years.

You of all people don't believe the Spurs were contenders between 2009 and 2011.

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Hoops Czar has spent years repeating that the Spurs aren't legit contenders, now all of a sudden, they would have been contenders with or without Green:lol..

That almost sounds funny coming from a flip flopper like yourself. You said they were finished after the 2010 season, end of story. You're only back from the Heat bandwagon because you saw them as non championship material. Lol Suns fan to Spurs fan to Heat fan to Spurs fan. From a Giants fan to a Broncos fan. Is there a bigger frontrunner than Malik Hairston A.K.A HarlemHeat37? Where winning happens! That's where you'll find Harlem when he's not making fun of your kids.

P.S. You can pretend to be a Spurs fan all you want but your lousy takes on the Miami Heat message board say otherwise. Keep straddling that fence though.

Mr. Body
06-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Green has fantastic hands on defense. Just behind Ginobili. Maybe even better.

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 09:59 PM
That almost sounds funny coming from a flip flopper like yourself. You said they were finished after the 2010 season, end of story. You're only back from the Heat bandwagon because you saw them as non championship material. Lol Suns fan to Spurs fan to Heat fan to Spurs fan. From a Giants fan to a Broncos fan. Is there a bigger frontrunner than Malik Hairston A.K.A HarlemHeat37? Where winning happens! That's where you'll find Harlem when he's not making fun of your kids.

P.S. You can pretend to be a Spurs fan all you want but your lousy takes on the Miami Heat message board say otherwise. Keep straddling that fence though.

I have never posted on a Heat message board, nor have I ever cheered for the Suns in a game, nor have I ever been a Giants fan:lol..

I expect you'll be back next season posting about the Spurs' not being contenders after they go through their annual, mid-season mini-slump:lol..

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 10:00 PM
You of all people don't believe the Spurs were contenders between 2009 and 2011.

He didn't believe they were contenders this year or last year, either..

He said they were on the same level as the Denver Nuggets last year, and said they were done mid-way through the Warriors series:lol..

These weren't pre-season takes, btw, he repeated this shit through April and even during the playoffs..

TheGoldStandard
06-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Now if he can just consistently put it on the floor and finish at the rim on offense and chop his steps when he's closing rather than flying by defenders on pump fakes.

Chinook
06-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Now if he can just consistently put it on the floor and finish at the rim on offense and chop his steps when he's closing rather than flying by defenders on pump fakes.

Pop yelling at Green for that Allen three set this board back a month of productive discussion.

Hoops Czar
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
I have never posted on a Heat message board, nor have I ever cheered for the Suns in a game, nor have I ever been a Giants fan:lol..

I expect you'll be back next season posting about the Spurs' not being contenders after they go through their annual, mid-season mini-slump:lol..

What is it with you and lying? It doesn't surprise me anymore.
http://fans.heat.nba.com/community/index.php?/topic/22128-if-you-had-to-pick-one-what-you-rather-have-lebron-staying-in-miami-or-a-nba-title-this-year/?p=271743

Btw, that's just one of your shitty takes.. I bet its Kool-Aid Man playing tricks on you for a feud that happened over two years ago. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Chinook
06-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Lol, that sure is HH37, but that's not his posting style. Seems weird to use the same handle but different online personas.

100%duncan
06-18-2014, 10:15 PM
:lol

benefactor
06-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Lol, that sure is HH37, but that's not his posting style. Seems weird to use the same handle but different online personas.
That's not him. Someone put up a link of some posts he made years ago on a different message board. Exact same style...all the way down to the ellipses. That's just someone who stole his handle and is posting under it.

TheGoldStandard
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Pop yelling at Green for that Allen three set this board back a month of productive discussion.

It's in the moment mistakes that can be corrected and if he can do that then his defense will be leaps and bounds better next season. I was super surprised he was able to get to the rim and finish, hit that dribble drive jumper but it looks like he's actually improving his mid range game.

DarrinS
06-18-2014, 10:29 PM
May sound strange, but I've often thought that Green could be the next Bowen.

Chinook
06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
It's in the moment mistakes that can be corrected and if he can do that then his defense will be leaps and bounds better next season. I was super surprised he was able to get to the rim and finish, hit that dribble drive jumper but it looks like he's actually improving his mid range game.

Jumping at Ray was equivalent to leaving Duncan open at the elbow. It really wasn't a bad strategy, but Pop just felt like yelling because Allen made the shot. It's not even debatable which strategy is most effective.

Chinook
06-18-2014, 10:47 PM
That's not him. Someone put up a link of some posts he made years ago on a different message board. Exact same style...all the way down to the ellipses. That's just someone who stole his handle and is posting under it.

I thought as much. I simply meant that that was his name. That other poster seemed very plain, which pretty much goes against everything I've seen about Harlem (good and bad).

Malik Hairston
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
:lol what the fuck?..somebody(possibly Hoops Czar himself) actually went to the trouble of making a troll Harlem user on another forum?:lmao..

Brazil
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM

:lol

therealtruth
06-19-2014, 03:05 AM
DG sacrificied. Realized this is where he got the chance. Hopefully Mills does the same.

T Park
06-19-2014, 04:36 AM

uh, no