PDA

View Full Version : Heat's Haslem Working Out

Ace
03-15-2011, 07:35 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2184.jpg
MIAMI -- Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem took part in shooting drills on the Heat's practice court Tuesday as he continues his recovery from foot surgery.

The eight-year veteran expressed an eagerness to return to full-contact practice with the Heat, but also said he appreciates the delicate nature of the recovery process.

Haslem
"I want to be at 80 to 85 percent," Haslem said. "100 percent? I probably won't be 100 percent until summertime or somewhere close to next season."

Haslem tore a ligament in his left foot on Nov. 20 in Memphis after battling with Memphis Grizzlies forward Zach Randolph, then falling backward onto the court. The Heat have maintained a target date of late March to early April for Haslem's return.

As he works toward that goal, Haslem described a daily regimen that includes weight training, cardiovascular conditioning and light shooting repetition.

"My focus is on getting out there with these guys, getting a couple of practices, getting my conditioning in, getting a rhythm and fitting in with what these guys have going on," Haslem said. "I don't want to disrupt the chemistry."

Haslem has missed 54 games since tearing the ligament. Prior to the injury, he was averaging 8.0 points, 8.1 rebounds and a Player Efficiency Rating (PER) of 12.81 in 26.5 minutes per game.

"We'll continue to gradually push him forward," coach Erik Spoelstra said. "He had a 50-shot limit today. He would like to shoot 300, but we will be very judicious early on right now to make sure he's doing it at a proper rate."

Giuseppe
03-15-2011, 07:47 PM
He'll stretch the bench all the way out.

& he's rung.

LnGrrrR
03-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Hope he gets healthy soon for you guys, you'll need him for the post-season.

cobbler
03-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Loving it! That's gonna put a real crimp in HoBoys excuse for still being around post June.

Kyle Orton
03-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Good to see the best PF on the Heat roster is getting healthy.

DJ Mbenga
03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
he should really take his time. okur has still not been the same

Ace
03-15-2011, 08:28 PM
He'll stretch the bench all the way out.

& he's rung.

Great leadership and toughness off The bench.:hat

mavsfan1000
03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Good to see the best PF on the Heat roster is getting healthy.
:lol

TIMMYtoZO
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
As versatile and deep as the heat are, I keep forgetting about the team as a whole once Haslem returns. This is GREAT news!

So at the pg spots, you have 3 CLUTCH players in Bibby/Chalmers/House. Plus Chalmers is the best defensive pg in the NBA.

At the sg spots, you have the 2nd best player in the league in Wade and a GREAT shooter in Miller.

At the sf spots, you have the best player in the world in Lebron and another GREAT shooter in James Jones.

At the pf spots, you have a top 10 bigman in Bosh and a work horse with a deadly mid range J in Haslem.

At the C spots, you have versatility. Dampier brings toughness and clogs the paint. Z brings a killer J and Anthony brings shot blocking, defense, and more toughness.

I couldn't be any more giddy. This team is so loaded with talent it is unfair. :lol

cobbler
03-15-2011, 09:07 PM
As versatile and deep as the heat are, I keep forgetting about the team as a whole once Haslem returns. This is GREAT news!

So at the pg spots, you have 3 CLUTCH players in Bibby/Chalmers/House. Plus Chalmers is the best defensive pg in the NBA.

At the sg spots, you have the 2nd best player in the league in Wade and a GREAT shooter in Miller.

At the sf spots, you have the best player in the world in Lebron and another GREAT shooter in James Jones.

At the pf spots, you have a top 10 bigman in Bosh and a work horse with a deadly mid range J in Haslem.

At the C spots, you have versatility. Dampier brings toughness and clogs the paint. Z brings a killer J and Anthony brings shot blocking, defense, and more toughness.

I couldn't be any more giddy. This team is so loaded with talent it is unfair. :lol

Gonna severely limit the excuses no?

TIMMYtoZO
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Gonna severely limit the excuses no?

What excuses? The title is Miami's to lose. It is literally up to these guys to get the job done. It is up to them to have the hunger and will. NO ONE can beat these guys in a series if they are hungry and focused.

Ace
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
What excuses? The title is Miami's to lose. It is literally up to these guys to get the job done. It is up to them to have the hunger and will. NO ONE can beat these guys in a series if they are hungry and focused.
http://i.verylol.com/1/hey_emo_go_kill_yourself.jpg

namlook
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM

If they lose they will be the laughingstock of the NBA since they are so stacked. The Lebron jokes will reach a whole new level then.

HarlemHeat37
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
They're gonna need him..it will hopefully limit Joel Anthony's minutes, and he's the toughest player on the team..sucks that Haslem and Miller aren't going to be a 100% at any point this season, but they're still upgrades over their shitty alternatives..

Cry Havoc
03-15-2011, 11:48 PM
If they lose they will be the laughingstock of the NBA since they are so stacked. The Kobe jokes will reach a whole new level then.

:tu

Andrew Cunanan
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
:tu

More effort next time, please.

Jt.ONE
03-15-2011, 11:58 PM

troll has potential :lol

TE
03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Ace must have creamed in his pants.

crc21209
03-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Even though D-Wade is the face and go to guy for the Heat, Haslem is the heart and soul of the Heat imo.....

ChrisRichards
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Haslem is that one enforcer we need to body up that pussy ass Gasol. he's going to make a difference in the playoffs just like Leon Powe did in the 2008 NBA Finals.

Ace
03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
He won't make a difference. They were struggling like hell when he was healthy.

How many games did he play? :lol

mavsfan1000
03-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Haslem is that one enforcer we need to body up that pussy ass Gasol. he's going to make a difference in the playoffs just like Leon Powe did in the 2008 NBA Finals.
:lol Gasol is like 6-inches bigger than Haslem. He would eat him for lunch.

LnGrrrR
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
I think TimmytoZo stole TLongs schtick