PDA

View Full Version : Replace Pop with Sloan

Dr. Gonzo
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
I think Popabitch should be fired after this season's eventual 2nd round loss and be replaced with Jerry Sloan. I'm sure Sloan wouldn't put up with this scoring lots of points and having the best record in the league bullshit. Sloan would probably give Splitter the 30+ minutes he deserves as well.

Popazit = over rated

IAN MAHINMI!!!

TIAGO SPLITTER!!!

LUIS SCOLA!!!!

ducks
03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
what has sloan won
no titles
instead of study film when his team gets to the finals
he goes get drunk at the bar

Reck
03-15-2011, 11:49 PM
LOL@ this thread.

Sean Cagney
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
FUCK OUTTA HERE, what other coach has this team in position for #1 seed and wins this much with this team? NOBODY! GO POP!

ElNono
03-15-2011, 11:53 PM
FUCK OUTTA HERE, what other coach has this team in position for #1 seed and wins this much with this team? NOBODY! GO POP!

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0810/sarcasm-meter-sarcasm-meter-demotivational-poster-1223486438.jpg

Drewlius
03-16-2011, 12:05 AM
http://files.lakerhead.com/2009/06/popbefore.jpg

ezau
03-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Spurs fans simply can't be content. What's up with you people? We have the best record in the league and you still find ways to complain?

Holden_Caulfield
03-16-2011, 05:23 AM
L. O. L.

tuncaboylu
03-16-2011, 06:43 AM
If it's ironic, then it's funny.

If it's not, then shut up.

Giuseppe
03-16-2011, 07:52 AM
LUIS SCOLA!!!!

That one. That one was a doozy.

Mrlunt925
03-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I would totally trade winning for pure mediocrity. :downspin:

lefty
03-16-2011, 09:44 AM
what has sloan won
no titles
He would have won 2 titles for sure if it wasnt for the Bulls

Spurs didnt play Jordan & Co in the Finals.

That being said, I prefer to keep Popovich

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a sound move. We could probably get the Mailman to come out of retirement for spot minutes at the 4. Pasty gangsta would be an excellent backup to Parker as well.

Pull the f'n trigger Pop!

Dr. Gonzo
03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
The only trigger Pop should pull is for the gun that is in his mouth. He is the worst coach in the league. He gets way too much credit. Any other coach would play Splitter a significant amount of minutes and keep the team from scoring as much. Having the best record in the league doesn't help him much either.

Fire Pop!

rascal
03-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Pop will have to fire himself.

underdawg
03-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Lame -if you're not going to admit the spurs have an inferior front line, so be it, but do a better job trolling

Kool Bob Love
03-16-2011, 12:33 PM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/29yf6n8.jpg

moisaenz
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Sloan can't have ifs... He had a good team against the bulls... he should at least beat them the second time around....

If Sloan can have ifs Then we can say that POP would have won another 2 championships if it wasn't for Derek Fisher and .4.. or the worst called 6th game in WCF against the MAVS.

Who would trade almost there with four championships...

Horse
03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
What a dumbshit sloan had as much talent as anyone and could'nt win. I think sloan is a great coach and would love to have him, if Pop ever retires but replace him? That's just stupid!

Basketball Jones
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
What a stupid thread.

lefty
03-16-2011, 12:55 PM
http://oi56.tinypic.com/29yf6n8.jpg
The Score :D

moisaenz
03-16-2011, 12:58 PM
All of these dumb threads....Spurs have had an unbelievable season.... now that it has gotten tough there is some bitching around... we know who pop is and he is going to make mistakes, every coach makes mistakes ask Sloan....

spurastic
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
The only trigger Pop should pull is for the gun that is in his mouth. He is the worst coach in the league. He gets way too much credit. Any other coach would play Splitter a significant amount of minutes and keep the team from scoring as much. Having the best record in the league doesn't help him much either.

Fire Pop!

You are sick. Have temper tantrums often? The Dallas Mavs should be your team as you have the personality to fit.

Vic Petro
03-16-2011, 01:21 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/228/attentionwhorecatml2.jpg

TE
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Meltdown thread of the year tbh

Sean Cagney
03-16-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0810/sarcasm-meter-sarcasm-meter-demotivational-poster-1223486438.jpg

How do you know he was being sarcastic? On these boards you never know man :lmao:lmao

ducks
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
He would have won 2 titles for sure if it wasnt for the Bulls

Spurs didnt play Jordan & Co in the Finals.

That being said, I prefer to keep Popovich

spurs won more titles if they never lost as series in the playoffs too:lmao:lmao

dbreiden83080
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
How many titles did Sloan win having coached one of the best PF and best PG of all time together in their primes?

That's what i thought..

Dex
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Replace Pop with Sheen?

Winning!

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Replace Pop with Sheen?

Winning!

:lol

Now we're talking.

* Charlie Sheen...ruining drug use for the rest of us *

lefty
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
spurs won more titles if they never lost as series in the playoffs too:lmao:lmao
My point is that Sloan has what it takes to win a title

If the Spurs met the same Buls teams, they would have lost too

Dr. Gonzo
03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Give Jerry Sloan the big 3 AND Splitter he wins 4 rings straight. Popasnatch is just afraid he wouldn't be able to handle coaching what would essentially be a Big 4. That's why he leaves Splitter on the bench.

Chomag
03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Spurs fans simply can't be content. What's up with you people? We have the best record in the league and you still find ways to complain?

I don't care all that much at having the best regular season record. Maybe others do, I don't know.

Quality thread OP, stop throwing fits like a 3 year old just becuase people question your god.

moisaenz
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Give Jerry Sloan the big 3 AND Splitter he wins 4 rings straight. Popasnatch is just afraid he wouldn't be able to handle coaching what would essentially be a Big 4. That's why he leaves Splitter on the bench.

BIG 4??Is this sarcasm.. Splitter is a good player.... but all he will be is a good role playing center/forward....

Dr. Gonzo
03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't care all that much at having the best regular season record. Maybe others do, I don't know.

Quality thread OP, stop throwing fits like a 3 year old just becuase people question your god.

You know nothing of my god.

Dr. Gonzo
03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
BIG 4??Is this sarcasm.. Splitter is a good player.... but all he will be is a good role playing center/forward....

Yeah that's all he will be with Poparetard coaching.

Barfunk
03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
what has sloan won
no titles

:lol +1

bluefoot
03-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I think Popabitch should be fired after this season's eventual 2nd round loss and be replaced with Jerry Sloan. I'm sure Sloan wouldn't put up with this scoring lots of points and having the best record in the league bullshit. Sloan would probably give Splitter the 30+ minutes he deserves as well.

Tiago Splitter fucking sucks. That's one thing I give Pop a ton of credit for. They overpaid for that guy and he's turned out to be a T-Rex that thinks he has low post game but can't do anything but chunk the ball near the rim.

I don't know what all this free Tiago is about. That guy is good for 6 fouls and that's it. Makes me realize how much better Rasho and Oberto were and I couldn't stand them.

Marcus Bryant
03-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm assuming sarcasm, though I always wondered what happened to Bob Hill and his lover Kevin O'Keefe.

dunkman
03-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Pop is much better than Sloan, he has won 4 titles most of them without top talent. He failed once, in 2006.

Phil Jax has failed various times too (2003 and 2004), he even got fired.

Right now, the Lakers and Bulls seem to be playing better. But the unexpected may happen and the Spurs could improve before the playoffs.

ajh18
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM

The '98 Bulls were very beatable. I think if they had stayed together another year and met us in the finals, we may very well have beaten them in '99.

In fact, I think a number of the Spurs' title teams probably could have beaten the '98 Bulls. Not saying they weren't still good... just not the force that they were in '96.

underdawg
03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
How do you know he was being sarcastic? On these boards you never know man :lmao:lmao

really? - is it really that tough to see it in the original post (hint: score a lot of points and best record bs?) Dr. Gonzo is one of the biggest Pop homers on the board - apparently he has inside knowledges of Pop's practices too.

Look - Pop is a great coach and the record this year is better than anyone coud dream, but that doesn't seal the deal for the playoffs. I'm really hoping his strategy pays dividends in the playoffs, but based on the past few years how we've looked against good teams recently, it's hard to see it happening. And no - Tiago shouldn't be playing 30 minutes, but neither should Bonner (15 minutes might be too much.)

Could it be that Pop was a really good coach and then he smoked the "small ball" rock and he's been addicted ever since. I'm not sure if he's the same coach that won 4 titles - the Spurs sure don't look the same.

ezau
03-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I have to admit that the Spurs have been exposed against the Lakers game, but knowing Pop, I'm sure he's going to make the necessary adjustments. In fact, he might have five to 10 counter moves already against the strategy employed by the Lakers.

At this stage, he's not going to lay his cards on the table with such a big lead over all the other teams in the West.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-16-2011, 11:21 PM

because we got a taste of what really wins championships and we all know what we used to defeat the "unbeatable teams" in the playoffs, those top teams we got through to win championships are looking very familiar.

while we are thankful for our season we are not supposed to just be happy with whatever happens and never question our coaches decesion???we want all team talent utilized and pushed to or further than its potential... thats what a spurs fan is and we back our overall TEAM/culture FIRST!!!!

whats been going on here with tiago is just so strange i mean it IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM makes any sense whatever angle you look at it. even sean elliott was stressed out about pop not playing splitter, he said "i asked pop whats w/splitters playing time?? and boy he wanted to kill me" people this is what i mean something isnt right

J Mack
03-17-2011, 12:30 PM
whats been going on here with tiago is just so strange i mean it IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM makes any sense whatever angle you look at it. even sean elliott was stressed out about pop not playing splitter, he said "i asked pop whats w/splitters playing time?? and boy he wanted to kill me" people this is what i mean something isnt right
i agree 100%. other contenders took the spurs blue print of the twin towers (more than 1 big) and have become successful with that formula. while the spurs have regressed to becoming the New Pheonix Suns!!

ducks
03-17-2011, 01:19 PM

does he ?

he is a good coach by but why no coach of the year
he had boozer and williams and never never really ever was a threat in the playoffs