PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Basketball Coaching Search

Brutalis
03-15-2011, 11:43 PM
The board wants Mike Anderson and he has been contacted and reportedly claimed he wants to wait until after the NCAA's to discuss anything.

Jeff Long who is the Hogs AD contacted Bill Self as well, and reports say he is interested in a discussion after the NCAA's but that's it. Also saying the Big 12 that will be crumbled to bits by 2015 is the main reason why he is showing some signs of interest instead of a direct no as he usually says to offers.

Tubby Smith is very interested in the job but wants something done quick because he is reportedly in contract extension talks with the Gophers.

Rick Pitino has been contacted but there's no news on that front.

KSU coach (brain farting his name right now, Martin or some shit) has been contacted and he is showing interest rumor says.

Buzz Williams from Marquette has been contacted also and wants the job, but he is not the first choice so that is being pushed back until other coaches give word.

_ _ _

The whole Bill Self thing to me is fucking stupid. I don't see him leaving Kansas but I don't doubt he isn't at least hearing an offer from Arkansas cause of the Big 12 situation, and the fact that he might want a new challenge in reviving the history of Arkansas basketball. But I don't buy for one second he will be our coach, not at all.

Mike Anderson, Tubby and Buzz IMO it's between them three. Mike is trying to stave off the Mizzou media but there's no secret he is interested after being here as an assistant for 16 years or so. I don't think Tubby has anything left but I'm probably wrong there, and I don't want Buzz. Tired of little school coaches coming to the big stage and flopping on their face like Stan Heath did before John Pelphrey, then John himself. Arkansas needs a big name and a proven guy.

JMarkJohns
03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Why is Bill Self considering leaving a top-5 Program all-time for Arkansas? Money... from Kansas.

Anderson would be a good get, as would Tubby Smith.

DesignatedT
03-16-2011, 12:48 AM
lol Bill Self isn't going anywhere. Have you heard anything about Arkansas being interested in Mark Turgeon?

Thompson
03-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Even if the Big 12 ended tomorrow, Kansas would find a home somewhere because of its basketball program.

I read on some Arkansas fan forum that they wanted Turgeon, but I don't know if that was just the fans or if they were hearing rumors from somewhere.

I don't know why Turgeon would bother; it would seem like a lateral move. I would think based on his past statements he would probably only leave for his alma mater or for a 'Kentucky' type destination.

DesignatedT
03-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Even if the Big 12 ended tomorrow, Kansas would find a home somewhere because of its basketball program.

I read on some Arkansas fan forum that they wanted Turgeon, but I don't know if that was just the fans or if they were hearing rumors from somewhere.

I don't know why Turgeon would bother; it would seem like a lateral move. I would think based on his past statements he would probably only leave for his alma mater or for a 'Kentucky' type destination.

Yeah I agree, doubt Turgeon would leave for a program like Arkansas. His obsessive concern with our attendance and support for the Basketball program raises a concern though. I don't think he is in a rush to go anywhere but I don't really believe he is planning on ending his career in Aggieland.

Kyle Orton
03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
How the fuck did Arkansas get such a sick recruiting class with no coach?

DMX7
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Bill Self is going nowhere. That makes absolutely no sense.

Brutalis
03-16-2011, 10:49 PM
lol Bill Self isn't going anywhere. Have you heard anything about Arkansas being interested in Mark Turgeon?
Yeah there's rumors.

Arkansas basketball > A&M. From facilities to fan support I understand you guys would be biased towards your team but come on now.. I'm not trying to be a dick but ask any average college fan across the country and they will tell you the same.

How the fuck did Arkansas get such a sick recruiting class with no coach?
They are all buddies and from/around Arkansas.

Kyle Orton
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM
ah i c

MajorMike
03-17-2011, 03:51 PM
arKy will go after Buzz or MA if Tubby ain't game.

I wonder if they would consider Scott Sutton at ORU?

Brutalis
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Tubby wants a deal done ASAP from what I see/hear.

On the radio show today an insider claimed Mike Anderson is a strong possibility right now, and it depends on how far Mizzou goes in the tourney.

The four big names are..

1. Mike Anderson
2. Turgeon
3. Tubby Smith
4. Buzz Williams

Brutalis
03-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Mike Anderson will be introduced as the new coach Thursday.

JMarkJohns
03-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Good hire. He can go a long way in salvaging the recruiting class to the extent it can be.

Brutalis
03-24-2011, 12:33 AM
The 5 we have signed are happy with Mike Anderson, a couple even hinted they like him more than Pel.

The only ? is PG B.J. Young from Missouri ironically. He seems to be dumb as rocks and if he can't make the grade he won't be playing for us much less any D1 school. He'll be stunk in JC working on his grades.

Other than that issue they're all dead set on being Hogs.

JMarkJohns
03-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Young will not qualify from everything I hear. Not sure he's collegiate material at any level. Likely go D-League similar to that Memphis commit a few years back.

Brutalis
03-28-2011, 09:52 AM
His GPA is fine, and scored a 22 on his SAT. He'll be in cardinal red next year.