PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh & Co. have a little fun at Japanese Earthquake Victims Expense

DMX7
03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
See link:

http://mediamatters.org/research/201103160032

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Uh oh. He said crosshairs. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LnGrrrR
03-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Rush just being pathetic, as always.

Blake
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
I detected sarcasm in rush's tone there.

But I wouldn't put it past him to have been serious.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 01:34 PM
It was obvious he was laughing at the environmentalists viewpoint and Mother earth not sparing them.

balli
03-16-2011, 01:39 PM
It was obvious he was laughing at the environmentalists viewpoint and Mother earth not sparing them.

Oh. Okay. Obviously a joke in very good taste. Thank you for going out of your way to defend it. I mean the Japanese are only dead and dying by the thousands, or freezing, homeless and hoping they don't end up with thyroid cancer, but fuck them, they invented the Prius, nothing to see here... Other than a good joke.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM
He wasn't being sarcastic. He said it as matter-of-factly as possible.

DMX7
03-16-2011, 01:43 PM

It is obvious he was making fun of them for getting hit with a quake and being environmentally conscience.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2011, 01:44 PM
It is obvious he was making fun of them for getting hit with a quake and being environmentally conscience.

This.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh. Okay. Obviously a joke in very good taste. Thank you for going out of your way to defend it. I mean the Japanese are only dead and dying by the thousands, or freezing, homeless and hoping they don't end up with thyroid cancer, but fuck them, they invented the Prius, nothing to see here... Other than a good joke.
Liberals are always saying things in bad taste against conservatives. Why do you support hypocrisy?

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
He wasn't being sarcastic. He said it as matter-of-factly as possible.
Did you listen to what lead up to his remarks?

Blake
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I went through it again.

That was bizarre..... What an ass.

Cry Havoc
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Liberals are always saying things in bad taste against conservatives. Why do you support hypocrisy?

Ah, so criticizing a group of a certain political affiliation is tantamount to ridiculing/laughing at a group of people who have just suffered one of the worst disasters in the history of their country, and are currently grieving for the tens of thousands dead or missing.

Got it.

DarrinS
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
This is important. Thanks for posting.

George Gervin's Afro
03-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Irony alert..

boutons_deux
03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
empathy, sympathy, love, peace, Christian principles, it's what hate media does best.

DMX7
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
lol, there is a lot of irony in this thread.

angrydude
03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
lol, there is a lot of irony in this thread.

he was making fun of a news reporter who was making a big deal about how the Japanese were recycling already in their camps. Like it mattered.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Yawn

baseline bum
03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Why can't the board Republicans ever acknowledge when Limbaugh is acting like an ass?

hater
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
rednecks have the weirdest sense of humor

boutons_deux
03-16-2011, 03:21 PM
RL IS (fat) ass

Drachen
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
he was making fun of a news reporter who was making a big deal about how the Japanese were recycling already in their camps. Like it mattered.

This seems pretty smart, especially for a country with few natural resources. I wouldn't expect them to take all that stuff, move it out of the way, and go purchase all brand new steel, etc.

ManuBalboa
03-16-2011, 07:05 PM

This.

lol at idiots drawing conclusions without listening to the fcking show, as always. Stupid routine kneejerk anti-anythingenvrioconservation comment as usual from Rush - check. Falling for weak bait from Media Matters that Rush told everyone you would fall for - check.

greyforest
03-16-2011, 07:17 PM

So he expected mother nature to give preferential treatment to countries with environmentalists?

boutons_deux
03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
"without listening to the fcking show"

the quote above is long, is it wrong?

Halberto
03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
iUsO6LgXqE0

TheProfessor
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I get the context people are trying to give his comments, but I don't see how that makes them any less cruel or insensitive.

greyforest
03-16-2011, 07:27 PM

So he expected mother nature to give preferential treatment to countries with environmentalists?

George Gervin's Afro
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Limbaugh and his supporters are class acts :toast

baseline bum
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Why can't the board Republicans ever acknowledge when Limbaugh is acting like an ass?

As usual, Limbaugh's sarcasm, double standards, and straight hate is gospel to the wingnuts.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:15 PM
LOL...

He acts like an ass every day! Has anyone denied that?

It's just part of the fun, making fun of libtards!

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:16 PM
rednecks have the weirdest sense of humor
And liberals have a real nasty sense of humor as well.

Matter of relative perspective, isn't it?

baseline bum
03-16-2011, 09:16 PM
LOL @ the 10,000 dead libtards.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:18 PM
No, the irony is that some liberals expect it. mother nature is stronger than all of mankind. She will wipe us all out in an instant if it suits her. We all need to acknowledge that she is that strong, and everything we do like anthropogenic warming, is minuscule compared to her power.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:20 PM
"without listening to the fcking show"

the quote above is long, is it wrong?

It's actually not too far off context, but it still is a little. The clip isn't too long to listen too. It makes more sense if you have listened to Rush often enough to know what his point of reference is for context.

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL @ the 10,000 dead libtards.
That's not what the point was.

Halberto
03-16-2011, 09:25 PM
are there any conservatives you won't defend?

baseline bum
03-16-2011, 09:27 PM

Maybe Pinochet?

Wild Cobra
03-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Are they any conservatives you wont attack?

Stringer_Bell
03-16-2011, 10:23 PM

I prefer to take a theological perspective to his comments. He's saying there is no God. If Japan did everything to help the world, keep it clean and share its resources and be efficient...then why would they suffer through so much destruction? Answer: No God, just chaos.

I'm surprised more "conservatives" haven't jumped on Rush's blasphemy.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
It was a fucking stupid thing to say. Why would anyone pretend otherwise?

Sec24Row7
03-16-2011, 11:51 PM

ROfL... they could care less about the environment... they kill whales and snort rhino horn and drink tiger dong soup to bone their hooker of the month.

they make electric cars because they can make a profit off of them.

If coal powered cars were the hot item right now... they would be making those.

Rush was making fun of people that worship Gaia... period.

LnGrrrR
03-16-2011, 11:55 PM

You're right.

Did Rush say anything about dishwashers recently?

DMX7
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Rush was making fun of people that worship Gaia... period.

"The Japanese have done so much to save the planet...They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are still recycling their garbage, and yet Gaia levels them [Pauses to laugh], just wipes them out."

johnsmith
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I think he was trying to imply that nature doesn't give a fuck what people do to save the earth........nature will figure out a way to wipe us out if it chooses too.

Having said that, I lol everytime a link about Rush, or Palin, or any other conservative is posted on this site..........mostly because those individuals are getting richer at your expense.....

But keep getting mad at it...........it helps.

johnsmith
03-17-2011, 12:04 AM
DMX7 is mad....

Sec24Row7
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
"The Japanese have done so much to save the planet...They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are still recycling their garbage, and yet Gaia levels them [Pauses to laugh], just wipes them out."

That would make sense if you thought Rush believed in Gaia... if this was that wack job Robertson on the 700 club and he said...

"The Japanese have done so much to save the planet...They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are still recycling their garbage, and yet God levels them [Pauses to laugh], just wipes them out."

You would have a point...

But you know you don't... Rush doesn't believe in Gaia... the argument is invalid...

He trolled you... like he trolls most of the left... and got a little more exposure doing it.

*shrug* Only way to stop a troll is to stop feeding it...

#LOSING

Stringer_Bell
03-17-2011, 12:56 AM
iUsO6LgXqE0

v87x9OyIFcg

Great fucking troll job, I bought it. There are definitely sick shits out there that get off to the destruction of lives because it's proof of their god or diety.

johnsmith
03-17-2011, 01:02 AM
I love her.

DMX7
03-17-2011, 01:41 AM
That would make sense if you thought Rush believed in Gaia... if this was that wack job Robertson on the 700 club and he said...

"The Japanese have done so much to save the planet...They've given us the Prius. Even now, refugees are still recycling their garbage, and yet God levels them [Pauses to laugh], just wipes them out."

You would have a point...

But you know you don't... Rush doesn't believe in Gaia... the argument is invalid...

He trolled you... like he trolls most of the left... and got a little more exposure doing it.

*shrug* Only way to stop a troll is to stop feeding it...

#LOSING

You're way off the mark.

I know Rush's comment is sarcastic. That's why this thread is titled the way it is because he's mocking the Japanese with his sarcastic remarks. He's having fun at their expense. Of course Rush doesn't believe in Gaia, but that's completely irrelevent so I'm not sure where you're coming from there.

Anyway...

Rush is sarcastically pointing out that a nation that carries out some environmentally conscience practices has ironically been hit by a natural disaster. It is ironic in his eyes because he believes these practices are intended entirely to "save the planet", yet the planet has not recipricated by saving Japan. "Gaia levels them, just wipes them out. Wipes out their nuclear plants, all kinds of radiation. What kind of payback is?".

This is mean spirited, very disgusting, and pretty typical Rush Branded insensitive remarks. Yet, dumbasses on this site still find a way to defend this dummy to the death.

I agree that Rush is a master troll as is Sarah Palin and many other conservatives who make money spewing hate, but it just amazes me how "Christian" conservatives let them get away with it and even defend it.

greyforest
03-17-2011, 02:49 AM
No, the irony is that some liberals expect it. mother nature is stronger than all of mankind. She will wipe us all out in an instant if it suits her. We all need to acknowledge that she is that strong, and everything we do like anthropogenic warming, is minuscule compared to her power.

I don't think that anyone of any intelligence, liberal or not, would expect a tectonic plate to stop causing earthquakes as a result of people being ecologically conscious.

I agree that mother nature is stronger than all of mankind. She will wipe us all out in an instant if it suits her. We need to acknowledge that she is strong, and although everything we do is minuscule compared to her power, consider that her power is dictated by cycles and laws of physics.

If you appreciate the power of nature, then it follows that you should agree with me that it seems a bit disingenuous to do shit like this to the atmosphere:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png

Halberto
03-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Are they any conservatives you wont attack?

There are plenty. I'm one of the few people that defended Bush when bashing him was the cool thing to do. But even if I didn't your logic is weak. Taking one side's point of view 100% of the time is pretty ridiculous don't you think?

TeyshaBlue
03-17-2011, 09:13 AM
This is mean spirited, very disgusting, and pretty typical Rush Branded insensitive remarks. Yet, dumbasses on this site still find a way to defend this dummy to the death.
Careful! That cognitive dissonance singularity you created will make your head explode! It's clearly sucked all the logic into it's maw.
lol @ DMX7 concerned about insensitive remarks.:lmao

TeyshaBlue
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
By the way, Rush is a fucking tool. We definately needed thread # 435,399,874 to reiterate that point. Now's a great time to post a Palin thread! Get on it!

Wild Cobra
03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
By the way, Rush is a fucking tool. We definately needed thread # 435,399,874 to reiterate that point. Now's a great time to post a Palin thread! Get on it!
LOL...

Why did you have to say that. The libtards will now do as you asked.

Blake
03-17-2011, 11:18 AM
LOL...

Why did you have to say that. The libtards will now do as you asked.

and if they do, I'm sure you will jump in and put a positive spin on it, no matter how badly it might be going for Palin.

lol crosshairs

boutons_deux
03-18-2011, 04:37 AM
American Reactors on Verge of Meltdown

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2011-03-17-nuclearreactors.jpg

TeyshaBlue
03-18-2011, 09:04 AM
American Reactors on Verge of Meltdown

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2011-03-17-nuclearreactors.jpg

Now that's fucking funny.:toast :lmao :lmao

Cry Havoc
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
iLDYIy6Epdc

Beck chimes in with his 2 cents.

Blake
03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
iLDYIy6Epdc

Beck chimes in with his 2 cents.

God what an asshole.

Funny thing is the ad that popped up at the bottom while I was watching that clip was for Goldline.

hater
03-18-2011, 10:18 AM
both fatties have only a few more years to live before their arteries close shut for good.

IMO let's enjoy their shenanigans meanwhile...